PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 off-season moves

secterm
07-26-2009, 04:55 AM
I would be curious what people think are the best off season moves thus far.

-RJ to the Spurs
-Artest to the lakers for the MLE
-Shaq to the Cavs
-VC to the Magic
-Raptors orchestrate sign and trade involving Hedo

WoodbridgeSkins
07-26-2009, 04:56 AM
Wizards hiring Flip Saunders

KB---24
07-26-2009, 04:57 AM
Don't forget about the Pistons remodeling there roster and coming back into playoff contention;)

WoodbridgeSkins
07-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Kevin McHale fired as T-Wolves GM

WoodbridgeSkins
07-26-2009, 04:59 AM
Richard Jefferson leaving his average looking bride at the alter. That was a solid move IMO.

VIP1349
07-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Richard Jefferson leaving his average looking bride at the alter. That was a solid move IMO.

He figures if he could upgrade teams, he can upgrade wives.

secterm
07-26-2009, 04:34 PM
He figures if he could upgrade teams, he can upgrade wives.

True enough, but is it the consensus that was the best off-season move?

Shahrose
07-26-2009, 04:55 PM
i think its artest to lakers
b/c they essentially traded Ariza for Artest which is a steal

st3voness
07-26-2009, 05:07 PM
By "top off-season moves", I assume you mean moves that have improved a team. That being said, I do not believe Artest to the Lakers is considered a top off-season move unless Lamar Odom re-signs (which looks doubtful, atm). My list, in order:

Richard Jefferson to the Spurs. This was by far the best acquisition this off-season because San Antonio gave up little-to-nothing for him without breaking up their core of Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan. Add in a healthy Ginobili, a consistent Roger Mason Jr., and newly-acquired Antonio McDyess and this is one of the teams to beat in the West, if not THE team to beat. The only thing that might hold San Antonio back is their age and inability to stay healthy at all times.

Shawn Marion to Dallas. This move is underrated by the NBA community, but if Shawn Marion can return to All-Star form under the helm of Jason Kidd, this could be the biggest steal of the off-season. Marion brings hard-nose defense that Dallas has lacked for so long and versatility to a line-up that, at the moment, has no real 2-guard or a threat at center. Dallas has also gone out and signed Quinton Ross and Drew Gooden to add to an already-outstanding bench. Dallas still has plenty of options to work with before the season starts and could possibly well have one of the best off-seasons this year.

Detroit Pistons Sign Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva. A team that looked as if it was finished with contention in the East goes out and signs two of the premier free agents this off-season. Depending on what they decide to do with Rip Hamilton, this team can make some noise behind the Celts, Cavs, and Magic in the East.

Celtics Sign Rasheed Wallace. Great bench signing that puts them number one (on my list) in the East. With a healthy Garnett and House & Wallace coming off the bench, Boston will be representing the East in the NBA Finals.

Orlando Magic's Off-Season. If Orlando did not sign Brandon Bass, Matt Barnes, and retain Marcin Gortat, I wouldn't even be considering the acquisiton of Vince Carter a top off-season move because that move alone would not improve this team. But, Otis Smith has gone out and completely stacked his line-up this off-season. It'll be interesting to see the chemistry with this Magic team compared to last year. But, it'll be hard to bet against this team come the post-season. That being said, I still don't see them returning to the NBA Finals.

Honorable Mention:
Shaq to Cavs
Artest to Lakers