PDA

View Full Version : Possible deal with Portland?

NBA_Starter
07-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Joel Przybilla,Rudy Fernández, Miles

for

Gerald Wallace and Nazr Mohammed?

This deal has been thrown around by some Blazers fans. I have been saying all along trade G-Force under no circumstance but we would get a good rising star in Rudy and a serviceable Big man to slide Okafor to his natural 4 pos.

Thoughts?

homestarunner93
07-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Terrible deal, hell no.

masalex1205
07-26-2009, 01:56 PM
don't think it's that terrible but I wouldn't do it. Fernandez is solid. Throw in Batum or Outlaw (starter at sf) and I'd be more interested.

Okafor's natural position is c, not pf.

blazerman
07-26-2009, 06:31 PM
You totally make that one up, Miles hasnt played for Portland in a couple of yrs and his 9million dollar salary is still on the books but untradeable. Joel Przybilla would not be included in any deal.

Maybe a Bayless, Outlaw or Webster and picks or something but none of the above. Wallace is good but he's valuable to you guys and that would make a trade that would work for both teams difficult.

ClipperfanKevin
07-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Pretty bad deal for the 'cats

NBA_Starter
07-26-2009, 11:26 PM
You totally make that one up, Miles hasnt played for Portland in a couple of yrs and his 9million dollar salary is still on the books but untradeable. Joel Przybilla would not be included in any deal.

Maybe a Bayless, Outlaw or Webster and picks or something but none of the above. Wallace is good but he's valuable to you guys and that would make a trade that would work for both teams difficult.

As I said I didn't make this up at all, it was proposed on another site (hoopshype). I just copy and pasted it here like I said above, The only way I would do it is if we were losing G Force for nothing to Free Agency at the end of that year. I do like Rudy though but the negatives outweigh the potential positives with this deal!

blazerman
07-27-2009, 12:12 AM
As I said I didn't make this up at all, it was proposed on another site (hoopshype). I just copy and pasted it here like I said above, The only way I would do it is if we were losing G Force for nothing to Free Agency at the end of that year. I do like Rudy though but the negatives outweigh the potential positives with this deal!

My bad but somebody had to have pulled that out of thin air though. Anyway the Blazers surely would have interest in Wallace but you guys would be wise to keep him around. I think he still has some more to contribute that has yet to be seen (experience can take some players to another level by being wise and savy along with natural ability and hardwork and I think he's one of those type of guys).

Very solid player and he works well in Charlotte.

masalex1205
07-27-2009, 01:52 PM
My bad but somebody had to have pulled that out of thin air though. Anyway the Blazers surely would have interest in Wallace but you guys would be wise to keep him around. I think he still has some more to contribute that has yet to be seen (experience can take some players to another level by being wise and savy along with natural ability and hardwork and I think he's one of those type of guys).

Very solid player and he works well in Charlotte.

excellent post +1

JOSKOMANG4
07-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Blazers acquire SF/SG Gerald Wallace from Bobcats in exchange for SF Travis Outlaw and PG Steve Blake.

- Blazers acquire an athletic swingman who can provide another scoring threat to go with roy. Wallace would thrive with Andre miller as his point guard.

- Bobcats acquire a veteran PG Steve Blake; with the acquisition of Blake, Felton becomes expendable. Blake can provide a veteran leader to 2nd year PG DJ Augustine. For Outlaw, he can finally proove what kind of player he is with a starting role.

Bobcats Lineup:

C: Tyson Chandler/DeSagana Diop/Nazr Mohammed
PF: Boris Diaw/Alexis Ajinca
SF: Travis Outlaw/Vladimir Radmanovic/D. Brown*
SG: Raja Bell/Gerald Henderson*
PG: D.J. Augustin/Steve Blake

Blazers:
C: Joel Pryzbilla/Greg Oden
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Victor Claver*/ Jeff Pendergraph*
SF: Gerald Wallace/Nicolas Batum/Dante Cunningham*
SG: Brandon Roy/Rudy Fernandez/Martell Webster
PG: Andre Miller/Jerryd Bayless / Patty Mills*

I love this deal! Do you???

Chateamsfan
07-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Blazers acquire SF/SG Gerald Wallace from Bobcats in exchange for SF Travis Outlaw and PG Steve Blake.

- Blazers acquire an athletic swingman who can provide another scoring threat to go with roy. Wallace would thrive with Andre miller as his point guard.

- Bobcats acquire a veteran PG Steve Blake; with the acquisition of Blake, Felton becomes expendable. Blake can provide a veteran leader to 2nd year PG DJ Augustine. For Outlaw, he can finally proove what kind of player he is with a starting role.

Bobcats Lineup:

C: Tyson Chandler/DeSagana Diop/Nazr Mohammed
PF: Boris Diaw/Alexis Ajinca
SF: Travis Outlaw/Vladimir Radmanovic/D. Brown*
SG: Raja Bell/Gerald Henderson*
PG: D.J. Augustin/Steve Blake

Blazers:
C: Joel Pryzbilla/Greg Oden
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Victor Claver*/ Jeff Pendergraph*
SF: Gerald Wallace/Nicolas Batum/Dante Cunningham*
SG: Brandon Roy/Rudy Fernandez/Martell Webster
PG: Andre Miller/Jerryd Bayless / Patty Mills*

I love this deal! Do you???

Id rather get a PF in the deal than Blake

StaffordtoCJ
07-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Our starters did well together last year and now after the Okafor deal we have taken a step back. With this trade it would set us back even farther at least two or three more years until the playoffs.

Were suppose to adding talent not subtracting it!

Bobcats need depth not to swap starters with teams

Havoc52
07-30-2009, 03:09 AM
If the Blazers really want Gerald Wallace. Then they should give up one of these combinations

Gerald Wallace
for
Outlaw/Fernandez
or
Outlaw/Webster
or
Outlaw/Batum/Bayless

I think this would give us more depth not to mention most of the guys can play multiple postions which Coach Brown loves

blackjack_119
07-30-2009, 06:15 AM
If the Blazers really want Gerald Wallace. Then they should give up one of these combinations

Gerald Wallace
for
Outlaw/Fernandez
or
Outlaw/Webster
or
Outlaw/Batum/Bayless

I think this would give us more depth not to mention most of the guys can play multiple postions which Coach Brown loves

Deal. Where do I sign? If only I had the power to do this deal. :sigh:
C: Oden/Przybilla
PF: Aldridge
SF: Wallace/Batum
SG: Roy/Fernandez
PG: Miller/Blake/Bayless

Sports Illustrator
07-30-2009, 09:25 AM
The Blazers are mainly interested in trading Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw. Those are the biggest trade pieces.

DerekRE_3
07-30-2009, 01:47 PM
The Blazers are mainly interested in trading Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw. Those are the biggest trade pieces.

I like Outlaw, but we don't really need Steve Blake with Felton and Augustin.

arkanian215
07-30-2009, 04:07 PM
terrible. and you don't even have darius miles. you just have his contract. you can't trade away that contract.

bigsams50
08-04-2009, 08:28 AM
crash stays