PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Odom leaning toward signing with Heat

JordansBulls
07-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-odomheat072509&prov=yhoo)

Lamar Odom(notes) is leaning strongly toward accepting the Miami Heatís contract offer and leaving the Los Angeles Lakers, multiple sources with knowledge of the talks said.

Odom has not reached a final decision, the sources said, but there is growing belief he will ultimately return to the Heat unless the Lakers improve their current offer.

ďItís close, but itís not done,Ē said one source.

Lakers officials and Odomís representatives resumed talking after a weeklong standoff that began when Jerry Buss, the teamís owner, withdrew a four-year, $36 million offer that guaranteed $30 million. Sources close to Odom said that while the two sides have since talked, Buss is now offering less than the Lakersí previous proposal.

Odom could sign a five-year, $34 million with the Heat or take a four-year contract that would give him the option to become a free agent in three seasons and seek a more lucrative deal. He also would not have to pay state income tax in Florida

Raps18-19 Champ
07-25-2009, 06:43 PM
They have the same problem as Toronto.

All PF's and no C.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Get ready for the Laker's fans.... "Rabble, Rabble, Rabble"

GoatMilk
07-25-2009, 06:44 PM
there's another report saying Odom and heat are far apart

just more circus talk

JWO35
07-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Here come the LA fans to stomp out this rumor...

Er1c
07-25-2009, 06:47 PM
naw man. odom will sign with the lakers at the end...i know it :D

Red222
07-25-2009, 06:47 PM

just more circus talk

I trust Yahoo

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:50 PM
No way! LA has better candy than Miami!

jrodmesche
07-25-2009, 06:51 PM
yes what a smack in the face to Lakers fans I luv it

JayW_1023
07-25-2009, 06:53 PM
If Odom signs with the Heat it'll be a very stupid career move...the Lakers offered him more money and a chance to play for a championship for the remainder of his prime. To turn that down is just really ignorant.

But hey, at least this'll give the Spurs a bigger chance at the West crown...because long versatile players like Odom usually gives the Spurs fits.

camador22
07-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks god. Good for Lakers :clap:. Now all we need to do is add Boozer and Miami will win it all

camador22
07-25-2009, 06:56 PM
If Odom signs with the Heat it'll be a very stupid career move...the Lakers offered him more money and a chance to play for a championship for the remainder of his prime. To turn that down is just really ignorant.

But hey, at least this'll give the Spurs a bigger chance at the West crown...because long versatile players like Odom usually gives the Spurs fits.

The Lakers just lowered the offer and if the Heat add Boozer they'll have as good as a chance to win it all as the Lakers. Plus Odom will start which is what he always wanted.

JayW_1023
07-25-2009, 06:58 PM
The Lakers just lowered the offer and if the Heat add Boozer they'll have as good as a chance to win it all as the Lakers. Plus Odom will start which is what he always wanted.

I'm not convinced that even with Boozer and Odom the Heat will be a contender. They would still sorely lack sufficient defensive minded players.

BALLER71
07-25-2009, 06:59 PM
They have the same problem as Toronto.

All PF's and no C.

Jermaine O'Neal?

Bring The Heat
07-25-2009, 07:00 PM

And whois to say that the heat can't win a championship again? We do have Wade who in my opinion is the best in the league...with the right personel has already proven he can win a ring...whois to say after we aquire odom we not only will get better but could possibly add more pieces to improve the roster? You make it seem like he won't ever compete for a championship again..your wrong he already won with LA maybe he feels happy coming back to Miami and playing with Wade again. It's not a stupid career move in IMO...he will look even better ifhe comes over here and wins a ring with the heat

BkOriginalOne
07-25-2009, 07:04 PM
I hope so - it will force the Lakers to go out and get more talent. It's entertaining.

camador22
07-25-2009, 07:05 PM

If Wade carried a team that had Walker and J-Will in there starting line up then there's no question in my mind this will be a championship contending team.

Hoopsadvocate
07-25-2009, 07:05 PM

Maybe before when he was offered around 10 mill a year (3 year 30 mill) but with the FL no taxes odom would gross around 9 mill and for a longer time (5 years) compared to LA's 3. Which is the real issue he wants a longer contract which LA isnt willing to give.

camador22
07-25-2009, 07:07 PM
I hope so - it will force the Lakers to go out and get more talent. It's entertaining.

The Lakers will only have the veterns minimum to offer. They could bring in A.I

JayW_1023
07-25-2009, 07:08 PM
The Lakers will only have the veterns minimum to offer. They could bring in A.I

Kobe playing with AI and Artest to win a championship...that's soap opera material.

J$mo0th_3o5
07-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Come on Odom I have a goodie bag with your name on it:D

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-25-2009, 07:09 PM
:jumpy::dance::jumpy:

This is very good news for the Heat, but this always happens.....tomomorow there's gonna be another report saying the Lakers are close to a deal lol. All this LO rumors are killing me.

zambo4president
07-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Really? I guess 1 ring is enough for Lamar, now hes about money.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 07:10 PM
come on odom i have a goodie bag with your name on it:d

where?!?!?

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-25-2009, 07:13 PM

just more circus talk

What report is that? And i hope its not from *********** or whatever that site is called. Yahoo's report is better then what ever you're talking about.

Bring The Heat
07-25-2009, 07:13 PM
I been saying this for awhile...Wade doesn't need a huge stacked team to take his team to the promised land...hes that good...he did it in 06 with j-will, walker, and gary payton past his prime....he did have shaq but it wasn't the same shaq that kobe had in the years he won...he just needs a good 2nd option who can create and take pressure off him and score the ball

camador22
07-25-2009, 07:17 PM
I been saying this for awhile...Wade doesn't need a huge stacked team to take his team to the promised land...hes that good...he did it in 06 with j-will, walker, and gary payton past his prime....he did have shaq but it wasn't the same shaq that kobe had in the years he won...he just needs a good 2nd option who can create and take pressure off him and score the ball

Charles said it best. Wade has a bunch of Titos in his team and he helped them lock the 5th seed. Imagine Boozer and Odom joining him :speechless:

GoatMilk
07-25-2009, 07:23 PM
I trust Yahoo

eh
remember they said Marion was gonna be a Cav in Feb?

GoatMilk
07-25-2009, 07:24 PM
What report is that? And i hope its not from *********** or whatever that site is called. Yahoo's report is better then what ever you're talking about.

you dont like the Palm beach post?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2009/07/24/a2c_nbaru_0725.html
last paragraph

JayW_1023
07-25-2009, 07:26 PM

It's more complicated than that. Shaq was still dominant back then. That team still had some all-nba defenders in Posey and Mourning.

Odom is a nice complimentary player, but he won't bring the dominance Shaq brings. Meanwhile Boozer is talented but he has no heart and only plays on one end.

Having those two players join Wade will make the Heat an offensive juggernaut guaranteed to make the postseason. But without an elite defender, there is no chance the Heat will be a contender.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-25-2009, 07:27 PM

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2009/07/24/a2c_nbaru_0725.html
last paragraph

Whatever that was yesterday, Yahoo said its close TODAY and thats what i care about. Like i said before all these LO rumors are killing me, rumors change everyday.

Sixerlover
07-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Wade could carry the Heat with Odom + Boozer (still not official) to at least the same level of the Celtics, Cavs and Magic. He'd have a solid #2 option, and a solid #3 option. An offensive force of a team is good enough to get a top 4 spot in the East.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 07:30 PM

palm beach newspaper.

marlinsfan24
07-25-2009, 07:30 PM

last paragraph

Palm Beach Post is dated as yesterday, Friday the 24th.

The Yahoo article is from 2 hours ago.

lorenz00
07-25-2009, 07:31 PM
wow... after offering more money and give a chance to win another ring decline it? now his signing in a decent team with less money ... i dont get it LO XD

tmani
07-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Okay, yes Lamar's loss would hurt but is it devestating, I don't think so. We still have a great starting core and if Buss is willing to pay the luxury tax why not go after David Lee who has shown he can put up the same stats as LO coming off the bench and has a much better work ethic and will be hungry for a championship.

what54!?
07-25-2009, 07:36 PM
:sigh: with so many reports I don't know what to believe

NYtilIdie
07-25-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't care who he signs with anymore I just want this whole thing to be over.

He's the Manny Ramirez of basketball right now (I mean with the contact declines and teasing he's gonna sign)

J$mo0th_3o5
07-25-2009, 07:44 PM
:sigh: with so many reports I don't know what to believe

Yeah I know how you feel. It sucks!!! But we'll have to wait and see, have patience:p

#1Mavericksfan
07-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Okay, yes Lamar's loss would hurt but is it devestating, I don't think so. We still have a great starting core and if Buss is willing to pay the luxury tax why not go after David Lee who has shown he can put up the same stats as LO coming off the bench and has a much better work ethic and will be hungry for a championship.

Here's the thing.......David Lee want's the same kind of money Odom want's.

Lo Porto
07-25-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't care who he signs with anymore I just want this whole thing to be over.

He's the Manny Ramirez of basketball right now (I mean with the contact declines and teasing he's gonna sign)

You are so right. Make a damn decision already....

camador22
07-25-2009, 07:58 PM

The only way to acquire Lee is through a sign and trade with NY. You guys are only allowed to offer a player the minimum which is about 2.2M. The only reason you could sign Odom is because you guys have his bird rights. The Lakers are way over the cap

J_M_B
07-25-2009, 08:02 PM
I'll believe it when I see an interview/press conference with Lamar holding up a Miami Heat jersey. Until then I'm not buying any of these rumors because tomorrow there are going to be threads saying "Lamar Odom to resign with the Lakers for 3yrs/30 million".

yankeefan54
07-25-2009, 08:03 PM
so stupid hes money hungry

HiphopRelated
07-25-2009, 09:07 PM
David Lee's garbage bucket getting behind isn't comparable to Odom

kntresistheheat
07-25-2009, 09:08 PM
so stupid hes money hungry

Dude the whole yankee team is money hungry:rolleyes:and besides he won his ring and he feels more apreciated out here in miami and he is 30 so is time to cash in.

madiaz3
07-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks god. Good for Lakers :clap:. Now all we need to do is add Boozer and Miami will win it all

That team still couldn't compete with the other elite's...at least not this year.

Penetra8r
07-25-2009, 09:35 PM
When will the lovers quarrel end?

Raph12
07-25-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm not convinced that even with Boozer and Odom the Heat will be a contender. They would still sorely lack sufficient defensive minded players.

Why are people talking about Boozer, Pat Riley has said he won't be bullied for Boozer and Chicago's offer of Tyrus Thomas is alot better than Udonis Haslem. Even with Boozer and Odom, I doubt Miami gets past Orlando, Boston and Cleveland in the East and then LA or San Antonio in the West should they make it that far. Defense is still the name of the game something LA, San Antonio, Orlando, Boston and Cleveland all pry themselves on whereas Miami's best defender is Wade and then everyone else is tied for second.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Jermaine O'Neal?

He's out of place.

Bargnani is playing C for us but he is still a PF.

Chronz
07-25-2009, 10:18 PM

Its not ignorant, contrary to popular belief winning isnt the sole objective in basketball.

Wade could carry the Heat with Odom + Boozer (still not official) to at least the same level of the Celtics, Cavs and Magic. He'd have a solid #2 option, and a solid #3 option. An offensive force of a team is good enough to get a top 4 spot in the East.
Their biggest positions of need are at the 3 and 1, Boozer and Odom would be overkill I think. But it would be nice to have more talent.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2009, 10:18 PM
well, then slide Beasley to SF, and you have
Chalmers
Wade
Beasley
Odom
O'Neal

bench
Haslem
Cook
Wright
Magloire

not bad.

Durant is hype
07-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Chalmers
Wade
Beasley
Odom
O'Neal

bench
Haslem
Cook
Wright
Magloire

not bad.

That definitely looks like a potential playoff team to me.

Vinny642
07-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Heat plz take Odom away from the stacked Lakers

J$mo0th_3o5
07-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Chalmers
Wade
Beasley
Odom
O'Neal

bench
Haslem
Cook
Wright
Magloire

not bad.

:drool:

NBA_Starter
07-25-2009, 10:29 PM
FWIW Adrian Wojnarowski is usually a very good source!

heatfan123249
07-25-2009, 10:34 PM

just more circus talk

Link mr. stephin smith?

Agar81
07-25-2009, 10:40 PM
This will be a fantastic pick up for the Heat. He really solidifies the bench and I look for Miami to be a solid sleeper team in the East and probably a top 5 finish with the Celtics, Magic, Cavs, and Wizards.

Chronz
07-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Chalmers
Wade
Beasley
Odom
O'Neal

bench
Haslem
Cook
Wright
Magloire

not bad.
Dont get me wrong Id make those additions in a heartbeat, its not much of a risk, Im just saying that team isnt a contender by any means.
Boozer too remember, its too much invested in redundant positions, but if they could parlay some of that talent at other positions of need then we're talking.

MajorFloridaFan
07-25-2009, 10:51 PM
it would be a bad move for his career good for the magic...with lakers he gets championship hopes with the heat he cant overcome orl bos or clev

Big Zo
07-25-2009, 11:31 PM
it would be a bad move for his career good for the magic...with lakers he gets championship hopes with the heat he cant overcome orl bos or clev

LOL! **** the Magic and their gay smurf colored uniforms. The Heat will win several more championships before the Magic win their first.

MajorFloridaFan
07-25-2009, 11:44 PM
LOL! **** the Magic and their gay smurf colored uniforms. The Heat will win several more championships before the Magic win their first.

Come on man be realistic....ODOM wil not put you over the top....you will need a another star

you almost need a big three all the other great teams have them
Lakers
Kobe
artest
Pau

Boston
garnett
allen
Pierce

Spurs
Manu
Duncan
Parker
Jefferson

Clev
Lebron
Lebron only player that good
Shaq
Williams

Magic
nelson
carter
Lewis
Howard

Heat
WADE
if even you get ODOM then
ODOM

dont be a homer

Big Zo
07-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Come on man be realistic....ODOM wil not put you over the top....you will need a another star

you almost need a big three all the other great teams have them
Lakers
Kobe
artest
Pau

Boston
garnett
allen
Pierce

Spurs
Manu
Duncan
Parker
Jefferson

Clev
Lebron
Lebron only player that good
Shaq
Williams

Magic
nelson
carter
Lewis
Howard

Heat
WADE
if even you get ODOM then
ODOM

dont be a homer

If they nab Boozer, they'll be good to go.

Wade
Boozer/Odom
Beasley
O'neal
Chalmers

MajorFloridaFan
07-26-2009, 12:07 AM
If they nab Boozer, they'll be good to go.

Wade
Boozer/Odom
Beasley
O'neal
Chalmers

If you got
Wade
Boozer and
ODOM
then ya got an arguement with those other young guys
but all i am saying it be one giant hill to overcome

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-26-2009, 12:20 AM
Wade, Beasley, Odom is still a pretty good "big three". Not like the ones you mentioned yet, but it has potential to be as good if beasley gets better.

qbanheatfan
07-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Maybe before when he was offered around 10 mill a year (3 year 30 mill) but with the FL no taxes odom would gross around 9 mill and for a longer time (5 years) compared to LA's 3. Which is the real issue he wants a longer contract which LA isnt willing to give.

Don't forget that the Lakers are offering him even less money now which makes the Heat's offer that much more attractive plus the Heat's offer allows for him to opt out the third year and he can get more money with the Heat because by that time the Heat will have his bird rights as well. I don't see why Odom wouldn't come to the Heat given that info plus the Heat are an up and coming team with a strong young core. With Wade, Odom, Haslem and a couple more pieces plus the young core why can't the Heat be contenders? Especially if the Heat add a Bosh or Boozer plus maybe a Tyson Chandler....Possible starting lineup for Heat come 2010:

Chalmers, Beverley
Wade, Cook
Odom,Beasley, James Jones

qbanheatfan
07-26-2009, 12:36 AM

Don't forget that the Lakers are offering him even less money now which makes the Heat's offer that much more attractive plus the Heat's offer allows for him to opt out the third year and he can get more money with the Heat because by that time the Heat will have his bird rights as well. I don't see why Odom wouldn't come to the Heat given that info plus the Heat are an up and coming team with a strong young core. With Wade, Odom, Haslem and a couple more pieces plus the young core why can't the Heat be contenders? Especially if the Heat add a Bosh or Boozer plus maybe a Tyson Chandler....Possible starting lineup for Heat come 2010:

PG-Chalmers, Beverley
SG-Wade, Cook
SF-Odom,Beasley, James Jones
PF-Bosh or Boozer, Haslem, Wright
C- Tyson Chandler, Jamal Magloire,

*Note the Heat also have some 1st round draft picks coming up that could be valuable pieces either in a deal for another player or to develop and add depth to our bench.

madiaz3
07-26-2009, 12:36 AM
Remember when Wade Beasely and Marion were the big three

zadora5
07-26-2009, 12:38 AM
maybe he wants to go to miami just to go to miami because he loves it down there ? and who thinks if we get odom and boozer that mourning will come back ???

kntresistheheat
07-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Remember when Wade Beasely and Marion were the big three

Remember the last time you ever had a big three?:eyebrow: (1998?):rolleyes:

Better yet, do you remember the last time you had a team???

kntresistheheat
07-26-2009, 12:48 AM
maybe he wants to go to miami just to go to miami because he loves it down there ? and who thinks if we get odom and boozer that mourning will come back ???

I like your wishful thinking, but zo is done (unfortunally:sigh:)

st3voness
07-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Good news for the Western Conference.

iggypop123
07-26-2009, 01:03 AM
i dont get it. we are offering money and championships. nobody can top it. he must want to leave cause that offer is tough to beat. im sure cuban is preparing the pep rally if odom leaves for the rest of the west since every team has to pray for this to happen

fishfan79
07-26-2009, 01:12 AM
with the pick of artest really I think it doesnt hurt them at all for the lakers. Artest is a better player and I rather have him on the heat then odom. That said I really just want this decided so miami can figure out where they are going with other moves.

I wouldnt mind the chance of odom coming here and boozer (if beasley isnt given up for him), but it shall be interesting to see. Miami is built nicely with the most cap space in teh league next year, tons of expiring contracts and nice potential young/ish talent (wade, cook, beasley, chalmers, etc etc and a few extra 1sts in the future).

It will be interesting to see what happens. Lamar lives here in teh offseason and gets to start, or he can backup for his next few years to artest in LA. Money isnt much different specially if LA lowered their offered price.

Overall it just comes down to the more sure thing backing up vs the risker pick with the heat and starting.

Does his ego allow him to become a backup for the rest of his career?

NYtilIdie
07-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Hopefully he decides soon this is just about as annoying as Brett Favre deciding whether to return or stay retired

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-26-2009, 02:06 AM
Hopefully he decides soon this is just about as annoying as Brett Favre deciding whether to return or stay retired

Slow down there, this is not even close to that. Brett Farve is an idiot and he never stops with his comeback BS. Nothing will top that stupidity lol

shizzle09
07-26-2009, 02:32 AM

:laugh:

KB---24
07-26-2009, 03:05 AM
Either odom stays in L.A. or we trade him 4 Amare Stoudemire
:clap:

Master Mind
07-26-2009, 03:12 AM

:drunk:

R cool J
07-26-2009, 03:54 AM
I would hate to burst your bubble Miami heat fans, but i don't think L.O. is going anywhere. I mean think about it, we hear all this talk about how Miami's offer to L.O. will be comparable to the Lakers offer in the long run, if that's the case then why hasn't he signed yet. Miami offered him a contract as the Lakers pulled there's last week, so why didnt he sign then? It's pretty obvious his heart is still in L.A. and is just waiting to see if Jerry Buss will offer the original contract that was given to him. I mean if he really wanted to go to Miami he wouldn't have contacted Dr Buss, and he would have already sign the deal with Miami. Face it, it's just the waiting game now, L.A. can offer him the most money and he knows it. It's just a matter of time until we get breaking news that L.O. resigns with the Lakers in the next week.

R cool J
07-26-2009, 03:58 AM

yeaaaahhhhh....highly doubt that.

Iron24th
07-26-2009, 04:22 AM

You think wade,L.O and boozer are enough to win a ship??? Funny boy.

Iron24th
07-26-2009, 04:23 AM
I would hate to burst your bubble Miami heat fans, but i don't think L.O. is going anywhere. I mean think about it, we hear all this talk about how Miami's offer to L.O. will be comparable to the Lakers offer in the long run, if that's the case then why hasn't he signed yet. Miami offered him a contract as the Lakers pulled there's last week, so why didnt he sign then? It's pretty obvious his heart is still in L.A. and is just waiting to see if Jerry Buss will offer the original contract that was given to him. I mean if he really wanted to go to Miami he wouldn't have contacted Dr Buss, and he would have already sign the deal with Miami. Face it, it's just the waiting game now, L.A. can offer him the most money and he knows it. It's just a matter of time until we get breaking news that L.O. resigns with the Lakers in the next week.

Very smart post :clap:

FaceDown91
07-26-2009, 04:32 AM
Odom won't sign. All of this is just complete bs until that sig. Is written on the dotted line. Odom is an idiot (he could not spell his name right in his SATs just in case anyone did not know that), but he is not a fool. I want him to leave but why in the world he leave a team that could not only give more money, but championships as well. Plus he's friends with artest and him joining the lakers should only have him resign more.

The only way I see why odom leaves is maybe he all of a sudden has a thing against Kobe. But odom likes Kobe as well so him leaving just does not make sense at all.

KB---24
07-26-2009, 04:36 AM

:clap::cool:
but odom wont leave the Lakers

JordansBulls
07-26-2009, 09:43 AM

And why would you want someone who wants to be the man on the team when you already have a guy who is the man?

ldawg
07-26-2009, 10:37 AM
:clap::cool:
but odom wont leave the Lakers

Odom would go down as one of the dumbest player in nba history if he chose Miami he would hear that for the rest of his life. Thats like Pipen leaveing Bulls to play for Hawks after his first ring for less money.

The funny thing is he will get traded if he goes to Miami again. They will sign Carlos next year and Beasley is a better sf than Odom. Him or Carlos can't handle Center with Howard, Perkins and Shaq over there so that belongs to broke foot Oneal. Miami owner is cheap and will not sign him to a bigger contract in three years like stated to come off the bench. Wade would be lock up already why would they? The reason they would sign him now is because he would come cheap and no one else is available. What i don't get is he rather play for 5 years than 3 years at the same money that s--t is very silly.

Some of you have said they will not be a contender but i think with JO, Carlos, Wade and Odom and Beasly they are but will be like the 4th best in the East. They would lack defence, length and be very injury prone so it would not translate into a title. Wade put his body on the line alot, JO and Carlos Just can't stay healthy and Odom, when he has to play at that Level also gets hurt.

If that team comes together Odom seem like the odd man and would be in all trade rumors i just don't think he fits Miami. He found a home in LA but he has turn his back on them while they have showed him much love.

fishfan79
07-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Odom would go down as one of the dumbest player in nba history if he chose Miami he would hear that for the rest of his life. Thats like Pipen leaveing Bulls to play for Hawks after his first ring for less money.

The funny thing is he will get traded if he goes to Miami again. They will sign Carlos next year and Beasley is a better sf than Odom. Him or Carlos can't handle Center with Howard, Perkins and Shaq over there so that belongs to broke foot Oneal. Miami owner is cheap and will not sign him to a bigger contract in three years like stated to come off the bench. Wade would be lock up already why would they? The reason they would sign him now is because he would come cheap and no one else is available. What i don't get is he rather play for 5 years than 3 years at the same money that s--t is very silly.

Some of you have said they will not be a contender but i think with JO, Carlos, Wade and Odom and Beasly they are but will be like the 4th best in the East. They would lack defence, length and be very injury prone so it would not translate into a title. Wade put his body on the line alot, JO and Carlos Just can't stay healthy and Odom, when he has to play at that Level also gets hurt.

If that team comes together Odom seem like the odd man and would be in all trade rumors i just don't think he fits Miami. He found a home in LA but he has turn his back on them while they have showed him much love.

I just wished to point out how horrible your analogy was in the hawks for the heat. Last I checked the hawks didnt win a championship a few years ago. Didnt have a top 3 player in the NBA (you can debate kobe lebron wade any order you want to based on their actions last year). The heat were the 5th seat in the playoffs last year and are a young team getting better.

As for the love, offering him less money then 5 players on the team, isnt showing love. Instead of giving him the starting role signing artest for it does not show him "love".

On the other hand miami was the 5th seat, they have a player in the same catagory (elite status) as kobe with wade whom is younger. He was happy when here and liked the system, he is being offered a starting job and lives here.

there are plenty of reasons for him to choose either location specially now that la lowered the money offered so miami's cash is rumored to be pretty much the same if not more. Both are beautiful places to live with wonderful weather so that means little for the decision. Overall it can make sense to do either choice.

what it comes down to is do you want to be a backup for the rest of your career or start?

ps you are welcome to your opinion of course as are all here just wished to mainly point out that either choice up to him personally dont care much either way at this point rather just see it end one way or the other. but the heat are far from the hawks were durring the jordan era.

Hoopsadvocate
07-26-2009, 11:46 AM

First off your entire speculation of the HEAT's plans with odom is complete BS please stop embarassing yourself saying he be traded once he gets here and he'd be the "odd man out".

Its been clear if you even follow the HEAT that Odom is our #1 priority over Boozer. Why? Because while Boozer may put up better numbers, Odom is a better fit and in this day in age in basketball versatile forwards are a important piece in a championship puzzle. Second he fits with Beasley better than Boozer would and hes an additional playmaker which wade has lobbied for. So No he wouldnt be traded.

Now as Far as him being the dumbest player for not returning to the Lakers you act like this is the first time a quality player has left a championship team. Posey left the HEAT after we won and then left the Celtics after they won. Shaq left LA to play for us. The Pippen to atl comparison makes you look like a joke. The HEAT are a playoff team and have a couple upcoming players in Beasley,Chalmers,and Cook add into that the most cap space in 2010 and Odom that looks like a team on the rise quick. Now if Odom had left to lets say the bobcats that would make no sense.

camador22
07-26-2009, 11:49 AM

I have to disagree with you. if he wanted to stay in LA he would have signed already. The Lakers have clearly offered him more money then anyone else and he still refused to take it because he wants more. Now Buss pulls the offer and gives him less :confused:. Everything right now is pointing to Odom signing with Miami. He doesn't feel wanted in LA as he does in Miami.

camador22
07-26-2009, 11:54 AM

Odom will feel more like the odd man out in LA since they decided to get Artest. Besides if Miami gets Boozer it would only be a one year rental until Bosh comes to Miami. Odom will play a bigger role in Miami and if they get Boozer as well then it could spell championship for the Heat regardless of what these haters may think. Wade with talent equals championships with an capital S

R cool J
07-26-2009, 12:18 PM
I have to disagree with you. if he wanted to stay in LA he would have signed already. The Lakers have clearly offered him more money then anyone else and he still refused to take it because he wants more. Now Buss pulls the offer and gives him less :confused:. Everything right now is pointing to Odom signing with Miami. He doesn't feel wanted in LA as he does in Miami.

We can go back and forth with this but the fact of the matter is he hasn't signed with the Lakers because they are still in negotiations, i wouldn't be surprised if this drags out a little longer. Like i said before Miami already has a set offer on the table, yet he still hasn't signed it. I understand he didnt sign the Lakers original offer either, but it's pretty obvious he wants to stay a Laker since HE was the one to contact Buss to diffuse the situation. Remember, Heat came knocking on Lamar's door, but Lamar came knocking on Buss' door. What makes you think he is wanted in L.A.??? If the Lakers organization doesn't want him here i think they would have already conceded to the Heat. This whole "leaning toward the Heat" BS is just another ploy. Maybe Odom's camp felt like they had to do something to get leverage, since the Lakers now know he can't go to Portland.

nycericanguy
07-26-2009, 12:35 PM

just more circus talk

the truth is they really cant be far apart because Miami is already offering the most they can (MLE). so unless Odom is looking for a 6 or 7 year deal from Miami there really is no negotiation to be done. Which leads me to believe he is using Miami as leverage because if not he would have signed there already.

R cool J
07-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Now as Far as him being the dumbest player for not returning to the Lakers you act like this is the first time a quality player has left a championship team. Posey left the HEAT after we won and then left the Celtics after they won. Shaq left LA to play for us. The Pippen to atl comparison makes you look like a joke. The HEAT are a playoff team and have a couple upcoming players in Beasley,Chalmers,and Cook add into that the most cap space in 2010 and Odom that looks like a team on the rise quick. Now if Odom had left to lets say the bobcats that would make no sense.

Well...actually Posey left the Heat 2 years after they won the title (maybe because the team got swept in the first round by the bulls the following year). And he left the Celtics because the Hornets were giving him more money than the Celtics ( which is not the case with Odom and the Heat). And Shaq didn't leave, he got traded away. ( He was butt hurt that the Lakers were going into the Kobe Bryant era). I cant really name anyone off the top of my head, who has left a championship team while they had the opportunity to come back.

Hoopsadvocate
07-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Well...actually Posey left the Heat 2 years after they won the title (maybe because the team got swept in the first round by the bulls the following year). And he left the Celtics because the Hornets were giving him more money than the Celtics ( which is not the case with Odom and the Heat). And Shaq didn't leave, he got traded away. ( He was butt hurt that the Lakers were going into the Kobe Bryant era). I cant really name anyone off the top of my head, who has left a championship team while they had the opportunity to come back.

Ok point is they still left. You wanna make excuses why they left ill give you some why odom would leave.
1. His minutes would be more limited now that he has not just Bynum and Gasol to contend with for minutes but also a versatile Ron Artest who can play both positons Odom played.
2. He feels hes underappreciated by Buss who while being able to give him more money than anyone else isnt giving odom the type of money he wants or feels he deserves from the team he helped win a championship.
3. He wants a long term commitment, not the 3 year deals Buss has been offering.

At the end of the day it may not be about the money it may be about stability. He may not want to end up as one of those players who once he hits his early 30's is traded every season across the country. Forcing him to relocate. He may just want 1 place hes comfortable in and organization he likes and most importantly 1 place he can end his career in and call his own shots, which is what miami is kind of doing. Giving him 5 years which overall comes close to the Lakers contract when its all said and done. In a location hes comfortable with the option of leaving his last two years if he feels he doesnt like his situation.

Kakaroach
07-26-2009, 01:11 PM
I trust Yahoo x2 Yahoo is a good source and it looks like Odom will be joining D. Wade. This should increase their offer for Boozer and hopefully we land Beasley in a potential deal.

Bring The Heat
07-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Like i said before Wade with some talent anything can happen...hes done it before and he has shown this past year with young rookies on the team he can lead them to the playoffs and took the hawks to 7 games....just imagine with some upgrades and improvement of the rookies what will happen next? come to MIA odom u know we can put another ring on that finger!

kntresistheheat
07-26-2009, 01:32 PM
x2 Yahoo is a good source and it looks like Odom will be joining D. Wade. This should increase their offer for Boozer and hopefully we land Beasley in a potential deal.

beasley is not included in any deal:rolleyes: it was haslem, wright, I think cook and a pick???

Illuminati999
07-26-2009, 01:45 PM

I'm not sure if you're thinking of all the ramifications from Odom going to the Heat. No one cares about Odom as a person ultimately. The biggest impact would be that the west is now up for grabs. People, in my opinion, would be saying (if the Lakers don't repeat after not signing Odom) "had they just offered their original offer or a few million more, they could have had a repeat or a chance to repeat *sigh*." As it is, Mavericks, Spurs, and Nuggets are riding on the Lakers, Odom has the power to make any of them a better case in becoming championship contenders.

If I was the Magic, Mavs, Spurs, Celtics, Cavs, I would be trying to clear some salary cap up for the Heat so they can further increase their offer for Odom, lol....

It won't be Odom that people mock, it will definitely be the Lakers. Having said all that, even with Odom out, they still have Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Ron Artest. They, in my eyes, would be no greater or weaker than the other top 4 teams in the west.

fresh prince
07-26-2009, 02:00 PM

This is spot ON..

This is all just a ploy trying to create leverage again. If he wanted the MIA deal he would have signed it when it was offered what 2 weeks ago now?

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-26-2009, 02:10 PM
If he wants a 5 year deal, offer him 5 yrs 39 million. That would take care of the 5 million dollars he would save For the Florida taxes over the span of the contract, and it would be just as much as the Heat are offering. I wonder if that would make Odom happy. More years for less money. lol What a dumb@$$. See people, this is why you should not get high. It messes up your brain functions.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-26-2009, 02:12 PM
This is spot ON..

This is all just a ploy trying to create leverage again. If he wanted the MIA deal he would have signed it when it was offered what 2 weeks ago now?

Not only that, it was the only offer Odom had on the table. The Lakers said they were no longer interested, the Blazers would rather donate their $9 million is salary cap space to charity rather than sign Odom. The Heats offer was the only one out there for him for 7 days. If he is leaning towards the Heat, last week was a good time to lean.

kntresistheheat
07-26-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure if you're thinking of all the ramifications from Odom going to the Heat. No one cares about Odom as a person ultimately. The biggest impact would be that the west is now up for grabs. People, in my opinion, would be saying (if the Lakers don't repeat after not signing Odom) "had they just offered their original offer or a few million more, they could have had a repeat or a chance to repeat *sigh*." As it is, Mavericks, Spurs, and Nuggets are riding on the Lakers, Odom has the power to make any of them a better case in becoming championship contenders.

If I was the Magic, Mavs, Spurs, Celtics, Cavs, I would be trying to clear some salary cap up for the Heat so they can further increase their offer for Odom, lol....

It won't be Odom that people mock, it will definitely be the Lakers. Having said all that, even with Odom out, they still have Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Ron Artest. They, in my eyes, would be no greater or weaker than the other top 4 teams in the west.

Great post!:clap:

camador22
07-26-2009, 02:23 PM
We can go back and forth with this but the fact of the matter is he hasn't signed with the Lakers because they are still in negotiations, i wouldn't be surprised if this drags out a little longer. Like i said before Miami already has a set offer on the table, yet he still hasn't signed it. I understand he didnt sign the Lakers original offer either, but it's pretty obvious he wants to stay a Laker since HE was the one to contact Buss to diffuse the situation. Remember, Heat came knocking on Lamar's door, but Lamar came knocking on Buss' door. What makes you think he is wanted in L.A.??? If the Lakers organization doesn't want him here i think they would have already conceded to the Heat. This whole "leaning toward the Heat" BS is just another ploy. Maybe Odom's camp felt like they had to do something to get leverage, since the Lakers now know he can't go to Portland.

I think he only wants to stay in LA if he gets more years and Buss is not going to do that. Even worse it seems Buss has reduced the offer making it more likely for Odom to go to Miami. Odom was offered a fair 3yr $30 deal and didn't take it. That tells me his heart is not in LA. If Miami could offer the same a deal would have been done on day one.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Ok point is they still left. You wanna make excuses why they left ill give you some why odom would leave.
1. His minutes would be more limited now that he has not just Bynum and Gasol to contend with for minutes but also a versatile Ron Artest who can play both positons Odom played.
2. He feels hes underappreciated by Buss who while being able to give him more money than anyone else isnt giving odom the type of money he wants or feels he deserves from the team he helped win a championship.3. He wants a long term commitment, not the 3 year deals Buss has been offering.

At the end of the day it may not be about the money it may be about stability. He may not want to end up as one of those players who once he hits his early 30's is traded every season across the country. Forcing him to relocate. He may just want 1 place hes comfortable in and organization he likes and most importantly 1 place he can end his career in and call his own shots, which is what miami is kind of doing. Giving him 5 years which overall comes close to the Lakers contract when its all said and done. In a location hes comfortable with the option of leaving his last two years if he feels he doesnt like his situation.

1.He averages 30min a game and is always in during "crunch time" so i dont see minutes being an issue!!

2. If he feels underappriciated by the Lakers then he should as well by the heat seeing as how their the ones who traded him!!

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 02:40 PM
I think he only wants to stay in LA if he gets more years and Buss is not going to do that. Even worse it seems Buss has reduced the offer making it more likely for Odom to go to Miami. Odom was offered a fair 3yr $30 deal and didn't take it. That tells me his heart is not in LA. If Miami could offer the same a deal would have been done on day one.

Yeah your right thats why he called Buss in hopes of trying to get negotiations going again.:rolleyes:

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-26-2009, 02:42 PM
LO is prolly waiting to see if LA will give him exactly what he's looking for in his contract. And it looks like LA isn't going to because they haven't done anything yet for about like 2 weeks since LO called them. So you know what Buss did with lamar's apology, he wiped his *** with it.

Now since Miami has an offer that LO likes and Miami is a playoff team that could contend, why wouldn't he be leaning toward us?

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 02:43 PM
beasley is not included in any deal:rolleyes: it was haslem, wright, I think cook and a pick???

Actually i beleive Beasley will be included if you get LO which is why Wade and Riley IMO are making a strong push for Odom cause they know the only way they get Boozer is to give up Beasley and with Odom it makes it easier for them to ive up Beasley but thats my opinion.

camador22
07-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Yeah your right thats why he called Buss in hopes of trying to get negotiations going again.:rolleyes:

Read me post again. I clearly stated he wants more money. Thats the only reason he would return to LA. If he takes the Heats offer that will be a clear slap in the face to the Lakers

camador22
07-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Actually i beleive Beasley will be included if you get LO which is why Wade and Riley IMO are making a strong push for Odom cause they know the only way they get Boozer is to give up Beasley and with Odom it makes it easier for them to ive up Beasley but thats my opinion.

No chance whats so ever the Miami will trade Beasley for Boozer. I think they'd trade him for Bosh or Amare but no way for Boozer unless they include Deron Williams ;)

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-26-2009, 02:47 PM
1.He averages 30min a game and is always in during "crunch time" so i dont see minutes being an issue!!

2. If he feels underappriciated by the Lakers then he should as well by the heat seeing as how their the ones who traded him!!

OMG!!! who cares if we traded him before. Its the NBA its business, not a soap opera. We traded him for one of the best players in NBA history, any other team would have done the same thing.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-26-2009, 02:48 PM

IF we are gonna trade beasley it most definitely not be for boozer.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 02:50 PM

So because he hasn't signed with LA its "clearly" obvious he doesn't want to stay in LA??? Um take this into account MIA has had a deal on the table for over a week LAs deal was on there for about a day how long can one player "lean" to sign with one team without signing??? If this goes on for another day or so then we know he's using MIA as leverage again!! Dont ge me wrong its possible he signs in MIA but its obvious he wants LA!!

Kakaroach
07-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Actually i beleive Beasley will be included if you get LO which is why Wade and Riley IMO are making a strong push for Odom cause they know the only way they get Boozer is to give up Beasley and with Odom it makes it easier for them to ive up Beasley but thats my opinion. x2 The Jazz won't deal Boozer for the Heat other-wise.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 02:53 PM
No chance whats so ever the Miami will trade Beasley for Boozer. I think they'd trade him for Bosh or Amare but no way for Boozer unless they include Deron Williams ;)

:laugh: :laugh2: OMG thats the funniest s**t i have heard in awhile!!! Beasley for D-Will and Boozer??!!! OMG might as well try Beasley straight up for Lebron James!!:D

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-26-2009, 02:57 PM
I dont get it. If he is "leaning" why doesnt he just sign? Whats the hold up? He does not need to wait for the Lakers. He knows their offer is not moving. He knows the Heat offer is not moving. Make a choice. (Unless. these reports are an attempt to make the Lakers offer move.)

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 02:57 PM
OMG!!! who cares if we traded him before. Its the NBA its business, not a soap opera. We traded him for one of the best players in NBA history, any other team would have done the same thing.

Umm......maybe Odom???? He had just finished signing a 6 year deal with MIA only to get traded because MIA didn't believe they could get it done with him and the other players who got traded where LA did and kept him and ultimatly he was a huge part of the championship you telling me that means nothing to a player??!!

Boston Faithful
07-26-2009, 02:59 PM
If this is true I don't know how the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals won't be Boston, Orlando, Miami and Cleveland.

MiamiHeat
07-26-2009, 03:00 PM
:laugh: :laugh2: OMG thats the funniest s**t i have heard in awhile!!! Beasley for D-Will and Boozer??!!! OMG might as well try Beasley straight up for Lebron James!!:D

and you guys want Amare for Odom...:eyebrow:

he didn't mean the trade will happen, he's just saying thats the only way he would trade Beasley but we all know it wont happen

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 03:02 PM
If this is true I don't know how the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals won't be Boston, Orlando, Miami and Cleveland.

If MIA get Odom it would improve their team but can't count out the Bulls(who should improve) and Hawks could be there as well.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 03:07 PM
and you guys want Amare for Odom...:eyebrow:

he didn't mean the trade will happen, he's just saying thats the only way he would trade Beasley but we all know it wont happen

Umm....pretty sure Amare for Odom and fillers would be more possible than Beasley for D-Will and Boozer!!!:rolleyes: Im not saying Amare for Odom has any chance at happening but D-Will for Boozer and Beasley is just insane to even think!!!

Plus every Heat fan says the only players they would trade Beasley for is Amare and Bosh only problem is those teams dont wanna trade their player UTAH wants to trade Boozer and probably want Beasley hmm with Odom their with Wade wanting the FO to show they want to win I can see how riley would pull the trigger on that but thats if you get Odom IMO.

Brooklyn Mets
07-26-2009, 03:50 PM
i think Miami is more of Odom's style of play..

b_rad23
07-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Beasley will not be traded for Odom or Boozer. Beasley was as productive as both of them last year (per minute) and is much younger and more talented than both.

marlinsfan24
07-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Beasley will not be traded for Odom or Boozer. Beasley was as productive as both of them last year (per minute) and is much younger and more talented than both.

:clap::clap:

Hoopsadvocate
07-26-2009, 04:27 PM

You obviously didnt read or dont know how. I never said anything about his playing time in the pass i said for this season when RON ARTEST will also be taking up his minutes. Nothing about last season but this coming season. Unlike that miami will most likely have him starting if not playing significant minutes at the 3-4 while in LA he would be limited behind pau AND ARTEST.

2. Way to bring up something that happened years ago compared to something that is going on now. FAIL. He was traded but to a good franchise not like we gave him to the bucks like the nets did to Jefferson. We gave him to a franchise that everyone knew wouldnt be down for long. Why would anyone be mad at that especially when in the end he got a ring out of it too THINK!!!

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 04:37 PM
You obviously didnt read or dont know how. I never said anything about his playing time in the pass i said for this season when RON ARTEST will also be taking up his minutes. Nothing about last season but this coming season. Unlike that miami will most likely have him starting if not playing significant minutes at the 3-4 while in LA he would be limited behind pau AND ARTEST.

2. Way to bring up something that happened years ago compared to something that is going on now. FAIL. He was traded but to a good franchise not like we gave him to the bucks like the nets did to Jefferson. We gave him to a franchise that everyone knew wouldnt be down for long. Why would anyone be mad at that especially when in the end he got a ring out of it too THINK!!!

1. Pretty sure Artest wont be taking up his minutes Ron will be laying the 3 not the 4 and alot of the time we had Fisher, Kobe, Ariza, Odom, Gasol on the court and during crunch time which means he takes minutes from Bynum dont forget that Gasol plays Center too which means that they slide Gasol to center and put Odom at PF so Odom can and more than likely will be taking minutes from Bynum when he rests they will slide Gasol to C and he will be taking minutes from Gasol and not to mention every now and then which is rare maybe some minutes at the 3!! So his minutes wont be a problem.

2. Traded to a good franchise yes he was but he signed that long term commitment to the Heat he committed himself for 6 years to MIA only to get traded a year later and yes they did win a championship but they went through the bad years even missing the playoffs one year its not like it was the best time of his career IF anything LA did him a favor by keeping him and giving him that chance to get the ring unlike MIA!

Hoopsadvocate
07-26-2009, 04:53 PM
1. Pretty sure Artest wont be taking up his minutes Ron will be laying the 3 not the 4 and alot of the time we had Fisher, Kobe, Ariza, Odom, Gasol on the court and during crunch time which means he takes minutes from Bynum dont forget that Gasol plays Center too which means that they slide Gasol to center and put Odom at PF so Odom can and more than likely will be taking minutes from Bynum when he rests they will slide Gasol to C and he will be taking minutes from Gasol and not to mention every now and then which is rare maybe some minutes at the 3!! So his minutes wont be a problem.

2. Traded to a good franchise yes he was but he signed that long term commitment to the Heat he committed himself for 6 years to MIA only to get traded a year later and yes they did win a championship but they went through the bad years even missing the playoffs one year its not like it was the best time of his career IF anything LA did him a favor by keeping him and giving him that chance to get the ring unlike MIA!

Ok from inside hoops "Artest is also much stronger than Ariza and can easily play power forward for long stretches."
From Insider ESPN " Can also play pf". You really think he wouldnt get significant minutes at pf? especially since he is the tougher player which is what the lakers have needed. He will take minutes from odom.

Bad years?? They missed it his first season there then they were playoff team what thought years thats just 1 year and they barely missed it thats not tough. Winning 15 games thats a though year. Not debating LA did good by him too just saying we didnt thoughtlessly trade him away we at least gave him a good home no NBA player would be mad at that.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Ok from inside hoops "Artest is also much stronger than Ariza and can easily play power forward for long stretches."
From Insider ESPN " Can also play pf". You really think he wouldnt get significant minutes at pf? especially since he is the tougher player which is what the lakers have needed. He will take minutes from odom.

Bad years?? They missed it his first season there then they were playoff team what thought years thats just 1 year and they barely missed it thats not tough. Winning 15 games thats a though year. Not debating LA did good by him too just saying we didnt thoughtlessly trade him away we at least gave him a good home no NBA player would be mad at that.

Artest wont be playing the PF with Odom here just because he can doesn't mean he will if he has to then he might but other than that i doubt it its like Kobe can play SF and probably PG, LO can play SF and probably a little bit of PG with his ball handling ability just because they can doesn't mean they do!! LO is a PF and pretty sure Phil will play Odom at the 4 and artest at the 3 if both are in the game if LO is on the Lakers i highly doubt Artest will be seeing much time at the 4 only way i see this happening is if there is foul trouble or someone gets hurt which i hope doesnt happen plus LO is a better rebounder who do you think Phil would rather have down in the paint for the Boards pretty sure he'd go with Odoms length and ability to alter shots!!!

The only reason he got a good home was because Shaq played for LA i bet money if Shaq played for the Bucks or whomever you mentioned MIA would of traded him in a heart beat the fact that it was LA that Shaq played for was just luck on LO part otherwise he would of been stranded on a bad team so its not like MIA did him a favor!!

JordansBulls
07-26-2009, 05:39 PM
i think Miami is more of Odom's style of play..

He is and he would start.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Umm......maybe Odom???? He had just finished signing a 6 year deal with MIA only to get traded because MIA didn't believe they could get it done with him and the other players who got traded where LA did and kept him and ultimatly he was a huge part of the championship you telling me that means nothing to a player??!!

If you were pat riley would you have traded LO for Shaq?