PDA

View Full Version : Lakers being left by the competition?

Pages : [1] 2

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Seems like every team out there is stacking heavily. Boston, Cleveland, San Antonio and most recently Portland.

The Lakers however stayed pretty much the same, sure Artest may be a slight improvement but their bench is looking really thin.

Luke Walton
Adam Morrison
Sasha Vujacic
Shannon Brown
Josh Powell
and maybe Lamar if he re-signs with them looks awefully weak. Sasha is a chucker, Adam Morrison left his game in college, and Luke Walton will forever suck offensive and defensively.

With that being said, do you think the Lakers are overestimating their capabilities?

Hawkeye15
07-25-2009, 04:33 PM
you must be new here. Prepare for the bashing

And if Odom resigns, they look just as strong. It would be nice to get Bynum to play to his potential, and Fish is another year older. But LA still has great depth.

San Antonio can definately push them out of the way if they stay healthy.

abe_froman
07-25-2009, 04:36 PM
because a team thats been to the finals two years in a row(winning one of them),isnt good enough with just adding artest...:pity:

MTar786
07-25-2009, 04:39 PM
LA has the best starting 5 in the nba. U cant ask for everything.. obviously their bench will be weak. if they have a great bench theyd def win it all every year. but if u insist on being nit picky. then i'd agree. LA needs to add atleast one more player to the bech. like a scoring threat type player.

ink
I wouldn't say they're "being left by the competition". The off-season isn't over yet.

Corey
They'll definitely be downgrading a bit if Odom doesn't resign, but if they get him back, their still undoubtedly a top 3 team.

Vinny642
they didnt JUST add Artest, we gotta see what they do with Odom, they shouldnt be the favorites if they lose him. We'll see, but if they lose Odom they got a hell of a alot weaker.

29$JerZ
07-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Most of their bench no one wants.

Artest + Odom > Ariza + Odom

Resign Odom and its a great offseason

Hard to make moves when your over the CAP

abe_froman
07-25-2009, 04:42 PM
they didnt JUST add Artest, we gotta see what they do with Odom, they shouldnt be the favorites if they lose him. We'll see, but if they lose Odom they got a hell of a alot weaker.

but they still have kobe and gasol and as long as you have that you stand a real good chance at competing

shas
07-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Seems like every team out there is stacking heavily. Boston, Cleveland, San Antonio and most recently Portland.

The Lakers however stayed pretty much the same, sure Artest may be a slight improvement but their bench is looking really thin.

Luke Walton
Adam Morrison
Sasha Vujacic
Shannon Brown
Josh Powell
and maybe Lamar if he re-signs with them looks awefully weak. Sasha is a chucker, Adam Morrison left his game in college, and Luke Walton will forever suck offensive and defensively.

With that being said, do you think the Lakers are overestimating their capabilities?

:pity:

Burkey3472
07-25-2009, 04:43 PM
If Odom resigns they are still the favorites, even if Odom doesn't resign, I still think they are the favorite in the West with SA and Denver a close 2nd.

Kakaroach
They'll definitely be downgrading a bit if Odom doesn't resign, but if they get him back, their still undoubtedly a top 3 team. x2 But even without Odom their still a top team in the league.

DrDEADalready
They won't repeat I will say that much.

nba08
07-25-2009, 04:48 PM
i wouldn't say the bench completely sucks they are just in-consistent but to be honest if they can play the way did in 07 and just play hard thats all you really need from ur bench. sure boston got the names but that dont mean anything.

Kyle N.
07-25-2009, 04:49 PM
When you win a championship, normally there's no reason to change your team much.

Vinny642
07-25-2009, 04:51 PM
but they still have kobe and gasol and as long as you have that you stand a real good chance at competing

LOL I know im not saying they wont compete.

LA_Raiders
07-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Thats all we need to repeat... last years bench didnt do much besides Odom and guess what? we won...Now with Artest/Odom the Line Ups are endless...

Fish/Brown/Farmer
Kobe/Machine/Kobe
Artest/Artest/Luke
Gasol/Odom/Odom
Bynum/Gasol/Bynum

Oh boy cant wait to win 70 games....

YankeeFan89
07-25-2009, 04:57 PM
just resign odom!

Hellcrooner
07-25-2009, 05:00 PM
haters hating what a surprise.

lik 00 to 02 look this eam got that guy and that ther team got that guy and we are going to reae them they just added samaki walker or old horaca grant or tracy murray buaha ha ha they are doomed........

enough said

Lakers4ItAll
07-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Lakers deff need to resign Odom to have a great chance at repeating. The rest of there bench is decent and could use some help. Sasha shot terrible last season so hopefully he comes areound, Luke is slow but he has always been a solid defender, and Morrison is still coming back from his injury and from what I hear has been playing great ball in the summer league. And having Artest over Ariza is a HUGE upgrade.

Vinny642
07-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Lakers deff need to resign Odom to have a great chance at repeating. The rest of there bench is decent and could use some help. Sasha shot terrible last season so hopefully he comes areound, Luke is slow but he has always been a solid defender, and Morrison is still coming back from his injury and from what I hear has been playing great ball in the summer league. And having Artest over Ariza is a HUGE upgrade.

Not really, they are actually bad.

KB---24
07-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Well at least the lakers have good chemistry and hopefully wont be messed up by ron artest, but the lakers have to trade for or sign a player that can play SG or SF(around 6'7), that is a reliable bench player, and plays consistent.:cool:

ItsTheLastAce
07-25-2009, 05:15 PM
if the lakers resign odom then they are the favorites, if they dont then their just another one of the contenders

Legitimate
07-25-2009, 05:17 PM
What if Lakers lost both Odom and Ariza this offseason? Thats a HUGE downgrade even if they added 'Artest'. Artest offensive capabalities are nothing to brag about.

They have to re-sign Odom in order to comfortably repeat, especially since a lot of Contenders just got WAY better. I agree that Lakers are a top team with or without ODOM, but not a top-3 team IMO. Artest is simply getting overhyped here, lol.

Some dude said that the lakers have the best starting 5 in the NBA? There is a team call Orlando that doesn't have as much holes in there starting 5 than Lakers, although that is another topic.

Vinny642
07-25-2009, 05:20 PM
if the lakers resign odom then they are the favorites, if they dont then their just another one of the contenders

Yea this

iggypop123
07-25-2009, 05:25 PM
if odom is back there is nothing to worry about. the lakers have been to 2 finals never being full strength. they managed to win this year with sasha as trash, bynum coming back too early to be effective and fisher being in the worst slump of his career.

DCB/LAL
07-25-2009, 05:29 PM

Luke Walton
Adam Morrison
Sasha Vujacic
Shannon Brown
Josh Powell

Nope you are wrong other teams are just closing the gap the Lakers were Superior to any team in the NBA and teams knew that and made improvements to help close the gap now its more even!

dee279
07-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Naw i think you just underestimating the acquisition of Ron Artest on the Lakers.

KobeBeatJeeesus
07-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Which contenders got "WAY" better? Sheed to boston to be on the bench? Old shaq to cleveland to replace Z who can at least shoot the ball? Old choke artist VC to Orlando who lost Turkoglu? Marion to dallas to do what? Mediocre RJ to SA to replace their best "kobe stopper"? Andre Miller to Portland was the only good move up, but I still like Rudy and Blake more. Nobody got significantly better. If anything, the Lakers got that smash mouth player they have been missing. If it ain't broke dont fix it, and we pretty much fixed our only problem, while these other teams have to find a way to incorporate these new players into their system while still utilizing the good pieces they already have.

Teeboy1487
07-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Our bench players are ok, but they are too inconsistent. If at least one of them improve this offseason, then we will be ok. Signing Odom is the key though like everyone said and we will be a lot weaker without odom. Even if bynum stays healthy the whole year we will still be weaker if we lose odom because bynum fouls a lot. We would need odom to step in and take his place. Without odom, we don't have a dependable bigman to take up the slack if bynum or gasol is in foul trouble. That's why signing odom is crucial.

Legitimate
07-25-2009, 05:35 PM
if odom is back there is nothing to worry about. the lakers have been to 2 finals never being full strength. they managed to win this year with sasha as trash, bynum coming back too early to be effective and fisher being in the worst slump of his career.

Yeah they did. This year is a lot different though. Many playoff teams just got way better. Thus, the only thing backing your statement is if Lakers can stay healthy, I can tell you right now that, both 'Bynum and Artest' will never have a full season. Cross your fingers Laker fans because when playoff time rolls, you will most likely be left with a lower seed than you projected.

asandhu23
07-25-2009, 05:40 PM
you are new here so i am going to let you off. but... you think lakers haven't done anything? look at warriors. we have literally done nothing except trade jamal crawford for acie law and speedy claxton...

spurs4#5
07-25-2009, 05:45 PM
why is it when other teams besides the lakers make great aquisitions its considered mediocre? but if the lakers were to aquire any of these guys e.g. vince carter, sheed, miller, r.j., dyss it would make them even stronger??? i think laker fans are just worried that their team isnt the only great team anymore...and if my memory serves me correct most of these teams didnt need to upgrade their roster they could already beat yall...so please stop thinking that yalls team is gods gift to the world and just wait for the season to start before yall start talking ****!

blazerman
07-25-2009, 05:46 PM
You act as if your so disapointed that the Lakers wont contend because other teams added a player.

Other teams need to add players to even the gap with LA. If the Lakers lose Odom, which I highly doubt (because I think Odom is just stalling to make the Lakers realize he's a bigger part of their team than he gets credit for, wants to be appreciated more) then they will take a step back even with Artest.

But if Odom resigns then losing Ariza wouldnt be a big deal to me because Id take that loon Artest over him anyday.

And the Lakers are top dog til someone takes them down so enjoy the summer as kings of the NBA and stop worrying if you are better or just the same next yr because "just the same is pretty damn good if you're the lakers".

Legitimate
07-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Regular Season

Bynum : 50 played, 50 started, 28.9 mpg, 3.10 PFPG. Bynum struggled severly all throughout the playoffs, lmao.

Artest : 69played, 55 started, 35.0 mpg, 1 PFPG - Artest also, struggled severly in the Conference Finals.

That is your starting line-up, right? hmm... both missing a half a season combined, while also struggling in the playoffs. Not to mention when they play through injury.

lorenz00
07-25-2009, 05:58 PM
When you win a championship, normally there's no reason to change your team much.

yap yap lol

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Naw i think you just underestimating the acquisition of Ron Artest on the Lakers.

you mean ron artest who has a career 40% fg efficiency? yes, i think im underestimating him. :rolleyes:

Regular Season

Bynum : 50 played, 50 started, 28.9 mpg, 3.10 PFPG. Bynum struggled severly all throughout the playoffs, lmao.

Artest : 69played, 55 started, 35.0 mpg, 1 PFPG - Artest also, struggled severly in the Conference Finals.

That is your starting line-up, right? hmm... both missing a half a season combined, while also struggling in the playoffs. Not to mention when they play through injury.

thank you. the moment one player in their starting lineup goes down, the lakers will have serious issues with their bench.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:14 PM
The Lakers can't add another FA because Artest would lose some of the spotlight and throw a tantrum.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 06:15 PM
because a team thats been to the finals two years in a row(winning one of them),isnt good enough with just adding artest...:pity:
yes, because the relevance is there. look, this has nothing to do with just the lakers but rather how other teams have improved tremendously.

i think so too. id say the celtics and/or spurs will dehtrone them next season.

kg
allen
pierce
kendrick perkins
rondo

glen davis
leon powe
marquis daniels
eddie house

seems to me they are a better team the lakers in full force.

borat
07-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Man, it feels great to be the NBA champs.

Just basking in the great feeling of your team winning it all. Just enjoying it. Can't wait until the quest to repeat starts in October.

Should be great.

But for right now, like the actual laker players it's just time to relax, let the haters hate and enjoy being on top.

Oh what a feeling.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 06:18 PM
The Lakers can't add another FA because Artest would lose some of the spotlight and throw a tantrum.

i think artest will throw a tantrum on kobe.

kobelaughsatall
07-25-2009, 06:19 PM
I have already seen like 5 threads like this!:bang: mods please close. we won't kno what will happen untill the season starts people, then u can make 100 of these threads

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:20 PM
i think artest will throw a tantrum on kobe.

I would bet a good amount that Kobe and Artest have a shouting match on the court this year.

TannerOwnsDevin
Man, it feels great to be the NBA champs.

Just basking in the great feeling of your team winning it all. Just enjoying it. Can't wait until the quest to repeat starts in October.

Should be great.

But for right now, like the actual laker players it's just time to relax, let the haters hate and enjoy being on top.

Oh what a feeling.

wow. im actually a laker fan. but that does'nt mean im going to approach this upcoming season with a close mind.

be objective for once, take of your homer glasses and pitch in your reason why the lakers winning the title next year is a sure thing.

TannerOwnsDevin
I have already seen like 5 threads like this!:bang: mods please close. we won't kno what will happen untill the season starts people, then u can make 100 of these threads

you're ridiculous. its a message board. if you dont want people stating opinions then dont participate.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:22 PM
you're ridiculous. its a message board. if you dont want people stating opinions then dont participate.

Warning: Most Lakers fans have a lot of pride, but that pride quickly turns into arrogance.

kobelaughsatall
07-25-2009, 06:24 PM

If u read my post u will see that we have had about 4 or 5 of the same threads dumb@ss, and they r all about if the lakers can repeat with their current roster so ur thread is just added redundancy.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Warning: Most Lakers fans have a lot of pride, but that pride quickly turns into arrogance.

yeah seriously man, sometimes i think psd is a laker site. again, im a laker fan but i also acknowledge the fact that teams like the spurs, celtics and even orlando can probably beat the lakers next year.

some of these laker fans are annoying.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 06:27 PM
If u read my post u will see that we have had about 4 or 5 of the same threads dumb@ss, and they r all about if the lakers can repeat with their current roster so ur thread is just added redundancy.

lol @ reasoning. using your excuse then no one should even bother making threads because truthfully, everything just recycles in the general board.

again, leave the thread. no one is forcing you to post your opinion.

Lakers4ItAll
07-25-2009, 06:28 PM

Lakers just won it all with that so called bad bench so yes I would say that makes them atleast decent.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:28 PM

Seriously, why are you responding to this thread if there's a problem. Go find a thread more appealing to you.

kobelaughsatall
07-25-2009, 06:31 PM
lol @ reasoning. using your excuse then no one should even bother making threads because truthfully, everything just recycles in the general board.

again, leave the thread. no one is forcing you to post your opinion.

u can laugh at my reasoning, but we will see how long this thread stays open, my guess is it won't be open for long. I don't have to leave the thread if u don't like what I say then oh well

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Lakers just won it all with that so called bad bench so yes I would say that makes them atleast decent.

lakers almost lost to houston who did'nt had 2 of their stars. the bench was non existent then. the lakers starting 5 easily won the series against orlando.

things will change next year when contenders like boston and san antonio when presumably healthyare going head to head with a much better line up. you can't be non chalant and say "well we won last year despite of the fact our bench sucked, so this is going to be the case for this coming season"

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 06:32 PM
u can laugh at my reasoning, but we will see how long this thread stays open, my guess is it won't be open for long. I don't have to leave the thread if u don't like what I say then oh well

im not going to get sucked into this, hopefully the mods can edit your posts in this thread because it has nothing to do with the discussion.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:34 PM

No, please stay! You remind me of my grouchy grandpa that passed away when I was 10. He did what he wanted just like you. Hey, do you like peanut brittle too?

Back to the thread, I agree that the Lakers should have concentrated on adding more depth to their bench. Why change a championship team? Just add depth.

Lakers4ItAll
07-25-2009, 06:41 PM
lakers almost lost to houston who did'nt had 2 of their stars. the bench was non existent then. the lakers starting 5 easily won the series against orlando.

things will change next year when contenders like boston and san antonio when presumably healthyare going head to head with a much better line up. you can't be non chalant and say "well we won last year despite of the fact our bench sucked, so this is going to be the case for this coming season"

Almost doesn't matter.... And I never said the Lakers bench was great or even good I just said they were decent and that they do need some help and they exspecially need to sign Odom. And our starting 5 got alot better by adding Artest. Also what if Morrison actually starts to play like he did in college, he can only play better than he did the past couple seasons.

isuk
07-25-2009, 06:57 PM
I guess Jordan Farmar got kicked off the team?

JayW_1023
07-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Which contenders got "WAY" better? Sheed to boston to be on the bench? Old shaq to cleveland to replace Z who can at least shoot the ball? Old choke artist VC to Orlando who lost Turkoglu? Marion to dallas to do what? Mediocre RJ to SA to replace their best "kobe stopper"? .

Keep thinking that, fella...

rjvacad
07-25-2009, 07:20 PM
One thing allot of you don't seem to want to do is wait and see if Bynum can keep his legs in one piece. He was playing awesome before he got hurt and then they managed the trade for Gasol. They were saying how great the Lakers were and Bynum playing like an allstar. Just before he got hurt this last time he was starting to play that way again, however he didn't come back 100% for the playoffs. The potential that Bynum has is sky high. I want to keep LO badly, but if he is gone and Bynum plays good, then look out.

974life
07-25-2009, 07:36 PM
This is what happens when your the best, everyone wants to bash. F that with odom resigned, there still the best team.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 07:44 PM
One thing allot of you don't seem to want to do is wait and see if Bynum can keep his legs in one piece. He was playing awesome before he got hurt and then they managed the trade for Gasol. They were saying how great the Lakers were and Bynum playing like an allstar. Just before he got hurt this last time he was starting to play that way again, however he didn't come back 100% for the playoffs. The potential that Bynum has is sky high. I want to keep LO badly, but if he is gone and Bynum plays good, then look out.

bynum is the biggest question mark for the lakers the past 2 yrs. while its possible he may eventually become a 16 ppg, 12 rpg ,2 bpg center for them there's also an indication that he was just a contract player who played out of his mind on his contract year.

people will use his injury as an excuse which is understandable but bynum's attitude is a bigger concern. the guy felt he was entitled to be a bigger part of offense rather than concentrating on what the team actually needed from him, which is rebounding and defense. it got to an ugly point where phil gave him limited minutes because of this conflict.

adding artest who he himself does'nt shy away from shooting the ball will possibly cause a rift between bynum and his teammates, because he's not going to play very well on the defensive end if he does'nt get his touches.

I guess Jordan Farmar got kicked off the team?

expected to be traded

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 07:45 PM
This is what happens when your the best, everyone wants to bash. F that with odom resigned, there still the best team.

i dont think anyone has bashed the lakers here. care to at least read and elaborate before jumping into conclusions? for the most part, people here are just recognizing the undisputable fact that other teams have improved while the lakers will possibly decline with talks of odom leaving.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2009, 08:20 PM
i dont think anyone has bashed the lakers here. care to at least read and elaborate before jumping into conclusions? for the most part, people here are just recognizing the undisputable fact that other teams have improved while the lakers will possibly decline with talks of odom leaving.

Like I said in the 2nd post, prepared to be called a hater. Many if not most Laker fans will call you a hater if you don't think they are the best, and that Kobe is not the best player in the world. Just the way it is. And now that they actually won it last year, they are higher and mightier than ever. Nevermind the fact that yes, other contenders have restocked. Or the fact that the only real 2 that were as good as them were both injured in the playoffs, so the Lakers had no real threat. If the playoffs starts, and Boston, San Antonio, Cleveland, Orlando, are all 100% healthy, the Lakers will be facing great odds to repeat, even more so than they already do.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Like I said in the 2nd post, prepared to be called a hater. Many if not most Laker fans will call you a hater if you don't think they are the best, and that Kobe is not the best player in the world. Just the way it is. And now that they actually won it last year, they are higher and mightier than ever. Nevermind the fact that yes, other contenders have restocked. Or the fact that the only real 2 that were as good as them were both injured in the playoffs, so the Lakers had no real threat. If the playoffs starts, and Boston, San Antonio, Cleveland, Orlando, are all 100% healthy, the Lakers will be facing great odds to repeat, even more so than they already do.

yes, you're right. to be honest with you, i think a healthy celtics team can knock the lakers next year. boston have all the tools the lakers team dreads. physical and imposing big men and a very good point guard that can easily torch derek fisher and shannon brown.

what54!?
07-25-2009, 08:31 PM
They just upgraded ariza for artest and if they re-sign odom they just got better plus they are the defending champs. How are they being left behind

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 08:34 PM
They just upgraded ariza for artest and if they re-sign odom they just got better plus they are the defending champs. How are they being left behind

because teams who have been considered as title contenders like boston,orlando and san antonio are all becoming back healthier with a much improved and revised roster?

what54!?
07-25-2009, 08:48 PM
because teams who have been considered as title contenders like boston,orlando and san antonio are all becoming back healthier with a much improved and revised roster?but the lakers are the champs. They upgraded and it not like they need to blow up their roster....

SouljahPhil...
07-25-2009, 08:49 PM
haters haters...lol

MTar786
07-25-2009, 08:52 PM
What if Lakers lost both Odom and Ariza this offseason? Thats a HUGE downgrade even if they added 'Artest'. Artest offensive capabalities are nothing to brag about.

They have to re-sign Odom in order to comfortably repeat, especially since a lot of Contenders just got WAY better. I agree that Lakers are a top team with or without ODOM, but not a top-3 team IMO. Artest is simply getting overhyped here, lol.

Some dude said that the lakers have the best starting 5 in the NBA? There is a team call Orlando that doesn't have as much holes in there starting 5 than Lakers, although that is another topic.

that was me. what holes are u talking bout? at the 2? we got kobe so no. at the 3? na, cant be we got artest. ohh.. maybe the 4? wait nm.. we got gasol.. must be the 5 then? nooo.. we got bynum. d fish is our leader and exp guy.

orlandos starting 5's best guy is dwight. he's not in kobe's league. their second best? vince? not where near gasol. their worst. brandon bass? not as good as our worst. dfish.

lakers starting 5 >> orlando 5. (thats where ur TOTALLY wrong)

orlando bench >>>>>>>>> lakers bench ( yeah id say ur right here. but u didnt mention benches)

my argument was the starting 5

RaiderLakersA's
07-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Beginning to hate these threads. Can't I just enjoy the fact that my Lakers are champions? Next season will take care of itself. To be honest, I don't even care if we repeat, as long as we're competitive. As long as we get another title some time in the next 5 years, I can live with that.

ink
07-25-2009, 09:12 PM

Very fair post.

On a forum, people should be able to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each others teams without accusations and defensiveness.

The Lakers have flaws and are in a bit of a precarious spot this off-season. Odom may not be perfect but he definitely contributes. He was third in almost every statistical category for the Lakers last year, his PER is better than the player (Artest) that they've brought in to replace Ariza, and he can contribute from the bench or in the starting lineup. He may be inconsistent but if he leaves, he'll leave a huge hole in the lineup.

There's no hate in that. That's just respect for the championship team as constructed last year.

Beginning to hate these threads. Can't I just enjoy the fact that my Lakers are champions? Next season will take care of itself. To be honest, I don't even care if we repeat, as long as we're competitive. As long as we get another title some time in the next 5 years, I can live with that.

Totally fair comment too.

GspLAL
07-25-2009, 09:13 PM
There are too many factors to be considered, if Odom leaves, what if Bynum has a break through year and plays like he did before his two injuries for a full season. What if Farmar has a break through year or Shannon Brown. Or maybe it goes downhill, Bynum or Pau or anyone gets injured for a long time. You can't tell right now.

GspLAL
07-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Very fair post.

On a forum, people should be able to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each others teams without accusations and defensiveness.

The Lakers have flaws and are in a bit of a precarious spot this off-season. Odom may not be perfect but he definitely contributes. He was third in almost every statistical category for the Lakers last year, his PER is better than the player (Artest) that they've brought in to replace Ariza, and he can contribute from the bench or in the starting lineup. He may be inconsistent but if he leaves, he'll leave a huge hole in the lineup.

There's no hate in that. That's just respect for the championship team as constructed last year.

Totally fair comment too.

I'm sure him playing on a different team where he has to be the playmaker (which he is not) had nothing to do with that.

Vinny642
07-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Which ever Lakers fans are saying this thread is made because of haters:pity:
Those are the least knowledgable of the Laker fans. This is a very good topic to be discussed, and that HATER excuse is pretty weak right now.

Vinny642
07-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Those are the least knowledgable of the Laker fans. This is a very good topic to be discussed, and that HATER excuse is pretty weak right now.

MajorFloridaFan
07-25-2009, 09:23 PM
There not being left behind by anyone.....And how u not add the magic to that list....U must be new to thread starting...I wanna hit this thread like im hitting my keys

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 09:34 PM
that was me. what holes are u talking bout? at the 2? we got kobe so no. at the 3? na, cant be we got artest. ohh.. maybe the 4? wait nm.. we got gasol.. must be the 5 then? nooo.. we got bynum. d fish is our leader and exp guy.

orlandos starting 5's best guy is dwight. he's not in kobe's league. their second best? vince? not where near gasol. their worst. brandon bass? not as good as our worst. dfish.

lakers starting 5 >> orlando 5. (thats where ur TOTALLY wrong)

orlando bench >>>>>>>>> lakers bench ( yeah id say ur right here. but u didnt mention benches)

my argument was the starting 5

except the comparison should'nt stop at orlando.

how about boston who last time faced the lakers beat them in 6 games? ever consider that rondo, perkins and glen davis have all evolved to a much better indvidual players?

of course you can enjoy it, but that does'nt mean the world has to stop revolving and opinions needs to be kept shut. like i said, its a very good topic if people will just keep an open minded approach rather than just think of the word "haters"

some of the topics/ ideas brought up were valid. i dont see any "hating" here. hating to me would be like "well, the lakers only won the finals because orlando was missing jameer"...;)

showtym24
07-25-2009, 09:40 PM

Horents bench < Lakers Bench

Vinny642
07-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Horents bench < Lakers Bench

Yea I know but I didnt say anything about our bench, our bench was one of the worst. But the Laker's bench isnt good at all either.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm sure him playing on a different team where he has to be the playmaker (which he is not) had nothing to do with that.

Get used to Artest Laker fans. While playing great some games, he shows up others, shooting terrible shots with 17 seconds on the shotclock, is a ball stopper on offense, over dribbles, etc. He is a good defender in spurts, but he really is not an upgrade over Odom, and at the very least, is a big downgrade replacing Odom and Ariza. But, I would still expect the Lakers to add a little help if Odom leaves, so the roster they employ today may look a little different come regular season.
And btw, PER doesn't change that much, despite roles.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2009, 10:15 PM

but its automatic by many of them. How dare you question the Lakers, blah, blah, blah. Now, there are some very reasonable Laker fans that debate intelligentally on these threads, but their fans, more than any other team, have beyond biased and irrational fans. Its sad really.

xxxplicit69
07-25-2009, 10:20 PM

Luke Walton
Adam Morrison
Sasha Vujacic
Shannon Brown
Josh Powell

The Lakers are the defending champs, they are the competition until the other teams dethrone them. Other teams are making additions to hang with l.a. and even these bench players you have named here, might not be good on other teams, but like jackson did with players like kerr, judd butchler, bill winghnington, ron harper, and luc longlely, phil jackson maximizes the talent of those players and have them play a supporting role to superior players like mj, pippen and rounding king rodman, and for l.a. kobe, gasol, and artest. there isn't a player in the league that cant stop kobe so he doesnt need all-star caliber players of the bench, gasol and artest are some of the best players at their position so l.a. is doing fine.

as for other teams that "left l.a. in competition" um, cleveland did pick up shaq, a.parker, and moon which is good and i'm routing for lebron, but they still have the flopping Varejao,Christian Eyenga:confused: who is he, Darnell Jackson,Wally Szczerbiak :laugh2:, need i say more.
spurs did a great job getting jefferson, but they still don't have a true center when duncan plays pf, and i dont even feel like going down the list with their bench, orlando got carter but lost turkaglu so they didnt really get that much better, boston got wallace but they still have marbaury not starbaury and mikey more, and brian scalabreni, he looks like Michael Rapaport :laugh:
you get my point, as long as your starting line up is solid and your bench players play their role, your team is solid and that's what l.a. has, great starters and bench players that contribute, i believe they were the best if not atleast top 3 in bench scoring.

Vinny642
07-25-2009, 10:20 PM
but its automatic by many of them. How dare you question the Lakers, blah, blah, blah. Now, there are some very reasonable Laker fans that debate intelligentally on these threads, but their fans, more than any other team, have beyond biased and irrational fans. Its sad really.

Yea, that makes it really sad. Calling people haters doesnt make the person right at all.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2009, 10:31 PM
The Lakers are the defending champs, they are the competition until the other teams dethrone them. Other teams are making additions to hang with l.a. and even these bench players you have named here, might not be good on other teams, but like jackson did with players like kerr, judd butchler, bill winghnington, ron harper, and luc longlely, phil jackson maximizes the talent of those players and have them play a supporting role to superior players like mj, pippen and rounding king rodman, and for l.a. kobe, gasol, and artest. there isn't a player in the league that cant stop kobe so he doesnt need all-star caliber players of the bench, gasol and artest are some of the best players at their position so l.a. is doing fine.

as for other teams that "left l.a. in competition" um, cleveland did pick up shaq, a.parker, and moon which is good and i'm routing for lebron, but they still have the flopping Varejao,Christian Eyenga:confused: who is he, Darnell Jackson,Wally Szczerbiak :laugh2:, need i say more.
spurs did a great job getting jefferson, but they still don't have a true center when duncan plays pf, and i dont even feel like going down the list with their bench, orlando got carter but lost turkaglu so they didnt really get that much better, boston got wallace but they still have marbaury not starbaury and mikey more, and brian scalabreni, he looks like Michael Rapaport :laugh:
you get my point, as long as your starting line up is solid and your bench players play their role, your team is solid and that's what l.a. has, great starters and bench players that contribute, i believe they were the best if not atleast top 3 in bench scoring.

all in bold very good post. And yes, is the reason the Lakers are still the favorites until proven otherwise
Orlando also added Barnes and Bass, getting tougher. Vince is an upgrade over Turk, Nelson is healthy
Cleveland getting Shaq will help more than most understand. It will allow more freedom for the Cavs players. And LeBron should continue to grow. And dude, you butchered some of those Bulls names, haha
Boston and San Antonio will depend on health. Both added big peices in Jefferson/McDyess/Ratliff and Wallace, but need their core players to stay healthy. Both of these teams were fully capable of handling the Lakers last year before they went down hurt. THe same can be said of this year.

Agar81
07-25-2009, 10:34 PM
LA's bench is really weak, there's not one proven player really. I wouldn't want any of the guys on the bench on my team (Morrison, Powell, Brown, Mbenga, Vujajic, and Walton). They really need to add Odom and one good vet to remain a top 5 team because you need to have a well rounded team. If your bench is garbage, you will lose your lead every time your starting unit comes out unless your playing the Kings.

IAlakerfan
07-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Let's face it last year our bench played pretty crappy and we still went to the finals. There are many things that need to happen for our bench to be improved.1: Sasha's shooting percentage can't be nearly as bad as least year. 2:Adam Morisson has been tearing it up in Summer League. I know it's only Summer League but its good to see him playing well. 3: Shannon Brown has a pretty decent outside shot and for the triangle that is all we need from him. 4: Luke Walton, although he is not a great shooter is is a pretty decent defender since he can use his body and go up against the bigger guys, not to mention he is a good passer and finds th open person more often than not. 5: The whole key to our bench however is like every other poster has been saying (Lamar Needs to be back.)
Our bench will look something like this

PG: Shannon Brown
SG: Sasha Vujacic
SF: Adam Morrison
PF:Lamar Odom
C: Pau Gasol

Hawkeye15
07-25-2009, 10:38 PM
LA's bench is not that strong really. Sasha took a major step back Powell is limited to midrange and defense, Walton is alright, I actually like his game. But LA can not afford an injury to any contributing player late in the season, or it may be lights out. They have minimal depth. All that being said, Phil has done an amazing job over the years getting the most out of his players, and Bryant seemed to finally grasp how to lead this year, even if he does it in a way where his teammates don't seem to like him all that much

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 10:41 PM
take this from a laker fan. our fan base has the most fair weather and obnoxious of all nba teams. ever visited lakersground? i would have to assume no, but oh my that site is hilarious.

The Lakers are the defending champs, they are the competition until the other teams dethrone them..

except i never said they are not the competition. i said they are being left by the competition, talent wise. huge difference there if you're going by the topics context my friend.

Other teams are making additions to hang with l.a. and even these bench players you have named here, might not be good on other teams, but like jackson did with players like kerr, judd butchler, bill winghnington, ron harper, and luc longlely, phil jackson maximizes the talent of those players and have them play a supporting role to superior players like mj, pippen and rounding king rodman, and for l.a. kobe, gasol, and artest. there isn't a player in the league that cant stop kobe so he doesnt need all-star caliber players of the bench, gasol and artest are some of the best players at their position so l.a. is doing fine...

though true, its a bit overblown imo. those bulls role players were resilient and were great fundamental players. as well kerr was a 40% career 3 pt shooter. ron harper was a great talent since drafted by cleveland, no one in the lakers roster (besides fish and kobe) can match harpers knowledge in the triangle. luc longley was a stiff, sure, but id still take him over dj mbenga anyday of the week. he had an automatic 13 footer and was actually a good post scorer.

you shoud'nt undersetimate their bench. they have blair,, george hill, mcdyess and manu ginobili coming off the bench. they can easily run over the lakers bench who consists mainly of vujacic, farmar,luke and odom.

magic? gortat,bass, barnes are no slouch off the bench. boston? im not even going to go there since i have already explained that imo, their bench is deeper than the lakers expecially since marquis daniels is coming on board.

Bruno
07-25-2009, 10:45 PM
The play/health of Bynum and the Lakers bench this upcoming year will determine wether or not stay on the same level, it's that simple. And as of right now, that is a big question mark. They won't be left behind, but the other big guns have gotten better.

With that being said, I'm not convinced the Spurs can stay healthy enough to get the #1 spot out west, and I'm not sure that the Shaq experiment will work in Cleveland. The Lakers biggest threat is still a healthy Boston, and Orlando who have gotten extremely deep this off season.

Bruno
07-25-2009, 10:52 PM
even if he does it in a way where his teammates don't seem to like him all that much

Luckily for a guy with Kobes personality, leaders don't have to be the most popular guy on the team, they just have to be respected.

MajorFloridaFan
07-25-2009, 10:53 PM
the lakers overall team did not get left behind...just thier bench overall they still lead the pack if not still surging

showtym24
07-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Lakers are the best team in the world, LO will sign back, we got the best starting lineup and a top 10 bench. We're gonna repeat sorry haters.

Killadelphian13
07-25-2009, 11:06 PM
The Lakers are the best team in the NBA and will prove that by winning the NBA Championship yet again. Kobe's easily the best player in the league and the Lakers are going to win at least two more titles in the next four years, probably three or four in the next seven. Bash away but mark my words, the Lakers will be hoisting the Larry O'Brien Trophy yet again in June 2010.

Vinny642
07-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Lakers are the best team in the world, LO will sign back, we got the best starting lineup and a top 10 bench. We're gonna repeat sorry haters.

Everything in bold- :pity:

TannerOwnsDevin
07-25-2009, 11:09 PM
:eyebrow:

The Lakers are the best team in the NBA and will prove that by winning the NBA Championship yet again. Kobe's easily the best player in the league and the Lakers are going to win at least two more titles in the next four years, probably three or four in the next seven. Bash away but mark my words, the Lakers will be hoisting the Larry O'Brien Trophy yet again in June 2010.

Such powerful commentary. Im having goosebumps with your well thought and original assertion.

SouljahPhil...
07-25-2009, 11:28 PM
yeah...bcoz your a hater..lol

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-25-2009, 11:30 PM
everyone has their opinions and thats totally fine but lakers are still the team to beat, especially with a starting line up of FISH, KOBE, ARTEST, GASOL, BYNUM<----- WOW

Storch
07-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Championship teams just need to focus on keeping the team together ... Why change it when its not broken?

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Exactly what storch said!

Legitimate
07-26-2009, 12:59 AM
When these Laker fans can only come up with a "your just a hater" response, that just proves how 'speechless' they truly are about the topic.

The Spurs and there years of experience, hall of fame roster and coaching staff, also, healthy Manu and solid offseason additions are just too much for LA IMO. LA took a HUGE downgrade if they don't re-sign ODOM. Sure they will still be competitive. Manu will come off the bench and rip LA to shreds come playoff time.

kobelaughsatall
07-26-2009, 01:44 AM
[QUOTE=Legitimate;10282524]When these Laker fans can only come up with a "your just a hater" response, that just proves how 'speechless' they truly are about the topic.

The Spurs and there years of experience, hall of fame roster and coaching staff, also, healthy Manu and solid offseason additions are just too much for LA IMO. LA took a HUGE downgrade if they don't re-sign ODOM. Sure they will still be competitive. Manu will come off the bench and rip LA to shreds come playoff time.[/Qb

believe me if we lose lamar it will not be a huge loss. lamar is as inconsistent as they come. his playoff performances proved it, and as for manu ginobili ripping la to shreds yea right... he is one of the more injury prone players in the nba, but even healthy he won't have nearly the impact as u think he will. he isn't the same player anymore

spurs4#5
07-26-2009, 02:13 AM
laker fans r just hilarious!!! do we really want their opinion since we know what it is already? my opinion is that the laker fans have their heads so far up their ***** that they cant see whats going on in the rest of the nba...are yall really that naive to just over look a team that whooped yalls ***** two years ago and many believe would have done the same this year if not for garnett? how about the team that has the best record out of any american sports? they added r.j. dyss and a solid rim defeneder...just plain ******** to count them out...maybe yall should take a second to stop looking a laker photos and give your dicks a rest to show some respect to the rest of the nba

marlinsfan24
07-26-2009, 02:16 AM
Funny how Lakers fans saw Ariza as the next Pippen, he leaves, he's garbage. Now the same is happening with Odom?

Hawkeye15
07-26-2009, 02:19 AM
[QUOTE=Legitimate;10282524]When these Laker fans can only come up with a "your just a hater" response, that just proves how 'speechless' they truly are about the topic.

The Spurs and there years of experience, hall of fame roster and coaching staff, also, healthy Manu and solid offseason additions are just too much for LA IMO. LA took a HUGE downgrade if they don't re-sign ODOM. Sure they will still be competitive. Manu will come off the bench and rip LA to shreds come playoff time.[/Qb

believe me if we lose lamar it will not be a huge loss. lamar is as inconsistent as they come. his playoff performances proved it, and as for manu ginobili ripping la to shreds yea right... he is one of the more injury prone players in the nba, but even healthy he won't have nearly the impact as u think he will. he isn't the same player anymore

it is funny how Laker fans continue to underrated thier own player. Without Odom, or at least without replacing him, you take a step back. Period. Its that easy.
LA was unbeatable when Odom played well. They were beatable when he didn't. He is inconsistent, but he is also of high value to the triangle.
WHatever, this is all specultion. If the Spurs and Celtics don't stay healthy, it won't matter

Hawkeye15
07-26-2009, 02:20 AM
Funny how Lakers fans saw Ariza as the next Pippen, he leaves, he's garbage. Now the same is happening with Odom?

exactly. And go back to the threads from a year ago. Bynum was the love child of Jabbar/Wilt

SA5195
07-26-2009, 02:47 AM
You forgot to add the Raptors on that list...

IAMLordRaider
07-26-2009, 02:50 AM
Looks like the Lakers are being stupid by not getting Lamar signed. Should have signed Matt Barnes as a replacement for Luke Walton. Bill son sucks, can't defend or shoot. Has not improved since his rookie season.

Bleeds Blue
07-26-2009, 02:52 AM
you cant bash kobe by saying he plays with a stacked team and then say his team is being left in the dust. at least be consistent if you're going to bash the lakers

Storch
07-26-2009, 03:02 AM
Theres a lot of insults towards laker fans in here. If any of you guys using such offensive strategies to 'laker fans' want to have an actual conversation about basketball, please feel free to pm me. Thanks.

Now that that's out of the way ...

There is 1 team thats a wild card team that could win a title. While there are 2 teams in each conference with the chance to win it all since they are simply that great.

West
Lakers
Spurs
Nuggets

East
Celtics
Magic
Cavs

You people may disagree with my opinion with the 4 teams i've selected that could win it all, but im entitled to my opinion. Any of those 4 teams can beat the other 3 teams with stellar games and a little luck. Its simply a coin toss since all those teams are stacked.

Celtics are stacked to the max. They may be the favorites even if the lakers get odom back.

Magic, most stacked in every position and bench. It all depends on how the coaching staff tweaks the offense. Big or small ball?

Spurs, disciplined defensive minded team. Now added an offensive explosion in rj and reinforced the big men on the bench. Nice moves. Lakers are up for a tough 7 game series in the western finals.

All these teams are elite. It all depends on how the ball bounces with each series.

blastmasta26
07-26-2009, 03:05 AM
Theres a lot of insults towards laker fans in here. If any of you guys using such offensive strategies to 'laker fans' want to have an actual conversation about basketball, please feel free to pm me. Thanks.

There is 1 team thats a wild card team that could win a title. While there are 2 teams in each conference with the chance to win it all since they are simply that great.

West
Lakers
Spurs
Nuggets

East
Celtics
Magic
Cavs

You people may disagree with my opinion with the 4 teams i've selected that could win it all, but im entitled to my opinion. Any of those 4 teams can beat the other 3 teams with stellar games and a little luck. Its simply a coin toss since all those teams are stacked.

Celtics are stacked to the max. They may be the favorites even if the lakers get odom back.

Magic, most stacked in every position and bench. It all depends on how the coaching staff tweaks the offense. Big or small ball?

Spurs, disciplined defensive minded team. Now added an offensive explosion in rj and reinforced the big men on the bench. Nice moves. Lakers are up for a tough 7 game series in the western finals.

All these teams are elite. It all depends on how the ball bounces with each series.
:clap:

LAL&D4LIFE
07-26-2009, 03:21 AM
Are you guys all serious? The Lakers had one of the best benches last year. Please name any team and their bench players who are "better" than the Lakers' bench. And to the guy who posted this, what about Jordan Farmar? I think you forgot...

Kings Faithful
07-26-2009, 03:22 AM
you cant bash kobe by saying he plays with a stacked team and then say his team is being left in the dust. at least be consistent if you're going to bash the lakers

True.Bryant definitely does not have a stacked team. Kobe is the reason that team is successful... without him they are no better than the Kings.

Tyreke Evans - Derek Fisher
Kevin Martin - Sasha Vujacic
Andris Nocioni - Ron Artest
Jason Thompson - Pau Gasol
Spencer Hawes - Andrew Bynum

That would probably be a good game actually. haha.

Legitimate
07-26-2009, 04:23 AM
True.Bryant definitely does not have a stacked team. Kobe is the reason that team is successful... without him they are no better than the Kings.

Tyreke Evans - Derek Fisher
Kevin Martin - Sasha Vujacic
Andris Nocioni - Ron Artest
Jason Thompson - Pau Gasol
Spencer Hawes - Andrew Bynum

That would probably be a good game actually. haha.

I like your comparison haha.

Illuminati999
07-26-2009, 04:52 AM
LA has the best starting 5 in the nba. U cant ask for everything.. obviously their bench will be weak. if they have a great bench theyd def win it all every year. but if u insist on being nit picky. then i'd agree. LA needs to add atleast one more player to the bech. like a scoring threat type player.

The Lakers most definitely don't have the best starting 5 currently (Odom hasn't ben signed).

D. Fisher
K. Bryant
R. Arest
P. Gasol
A. Bynum

Celtics: Second best starting 5 and I hate the Celtics.
R. Rando
R. Allen
P. Pierce
K. Garnet
R. Wallace

Orlando: The best starting 5 and MUCH deeper than the Celtics.
J. Nelson
V. Carter
R. Lewis
B. Bass
D. Howard

Mavericks: Only put the Mavs here because they have 4 All Star Starters like the Magic.
J. Kidd
J. Howard
S. Marion
D. Nowitzki
E. Dampier/Drew Gooden

I believe these 3, I'm sure other teams as well, have a better starting 5 than the Lakers. Doesn't mean they are better than the Lakers, just saying they have a better starting 5.

ElMarroAfamado
07-26-2009, 05:03 AM

Luke Walton
Adam Morrison
Sasha Vujacic
Shannon Brown
Josh Powell

well you got the luke walton sucks part down
but i mean.....
the Lakers are the Lakers
and the defending champs
the only team i see them giving them fits is maaaaybe boston or orlando
the spurs arent doing anything

ElMarroAfamado
07-26-2009, 05:13 AM
When these Laker fans can only come up with a "your just a hater" response, that just proves how 'speechless' they truly are about the topic.

The Spurs and there years of experience, hall of fame roster and coaching staff, also, healthy Manu and solid offseason additions are just too much for LA IMO. LA took a HUGE downgrade if they don't re-sign ODOM. Sure they will still be competitive. Manu will come off the bench and rip LA to shreds come playoff time.

if you think the Spurs, yes teh SPURS will beat the Lakers
woah
:rolleyes:

WoodbridgeSkins
07-26-2009, 05:16 AM
if you think the Spurs, yes teh SPURS will beat the Lakers
woah
:rolleyes:

Wow, great input!

Storch
07-26-2009, 05:20 AM
Manu will shred the lakers apart???? With kobe or artest guarding him (both NBA first team defenders) ... I highly doubt that.

GspLAL
07-26-2009, 06:37 AM

Comments like this is why people call others haters. When Boston won the championship did everyone say they almost lost to Hawks in 7 games therefore they weren't that good?

GspLAL
07-26-2009, 06:42 AM
Get used to Artest Laker fans. While playing great some games, he shows up others, shooting terrible shots with 17 seconds on the shotclock, is a ball stopper on offense, over dribbles, etc. He is a good defender in spurts, but he really is not an upgrade over Odom, and at the very least, is a big downgrade replacing Odom and Ariza. But, I would still expect the Lakers to add a little help if Odom leaves, so the roster they employ today may look a little different come regular season.
And btw, PER doesn't change that much, despite roles.

With PJ as coach, that's not a concern for me.

MTar786
07-26-2009, 07:11 AM
[QUOTE=TannerOwnsDevin;10280351]except the comparison should'nt stop at orlando.

how about boston who last time faced the lakers beat them in 6 games? ever consider that rondo, perkins and glen davis have all evolved to a much better indvidual players?

QUOTE]

well firstly.. the last time la and boston played.. LA won.. n LA won the time b4 that too.

secondly.. LA played the finals with no bynum.. so add bynum, ron artest and brown, (id say take out ariza.. but he didnt play in the finals against them either)

No subtract james posey, probably glen davis, probably leon powe, PJ Brown, n some others. subtract the step pierce kg and allen have lost in age.. add rasheed wallace and a better rondo. LA seems to have done more adding since the finals. U brought up the finals.. so there are ur facts.

if u wanna talk about last year.. then LA was clearly the better team. after winning both meetings and beating the magic in the finals.

but to each his own i guess

KobeBeatJeeesus
07-26-2009, 07:42 AM
Why are people saying we have a ****** bench? How many teams have GOOD bench players, and by that, I mean more than one.

Shannon does his job, JP does his job, DJ does his job, Luke does his job, and Lamar did his job as well. What more do you want from bench players? A 20 and 10 game?

ewells20
07-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Jordan Farmar wasn't mentioned who I think will be a very good point guard in the near future. All that being said their bench isn't bad, it just lacked expierence, they were a young bench.

Farmar, Powell, Morrison and Vujacic all are still very young players. Going through 2 NBA finals and winning one should help.

rjvacad
07-26-2009, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE=TannerOwnsDevin;10278884]bynum is the biggest question mark for the lakers the past 2 yrs. while its possible he may eventually become a 16 ppg, 12 rpg ,2 bpg center for them there's also an indication that he was just a contract player who played out of his mind on his contract year.

people will use his injury as an excuse which is understandable but bynum's attitude is a bigger concern. the guy felt he was entitled to be a bigger part of offense rather than concentrating on what the team actually needed from him, which is rebounding and defense. it got to an ugly point where phil gave him limited minutes because of this conflict.

adding artest who he himself does'nt shy away from shooting the ball will possibly cause a rift between bynum and his teammates, because he's not going to play very well on the defensive end if he does'nt get his touches.

I agree that he is a question mark, however he has been that center twice and got hurt. If he can stay healthy and if is a huge word, he will be that center.

SiteWolf
07-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Why are people saying we have a ****** bench? How many teams have GOOD bench players, and by that, I mean more than one.

quite a few, actually....Portland for one

the less depth you have, the more injuries can impact your season

cHi8DaL5LA420
07-26-2009, 10:18 AM

Luke Walton
Adam Morrison
Sasha Vujacic
Shannon Brown
Josh Powell

must be a celtics or magic fan here.... ya buddy the lakers suck... they are horrible there bench sucks they have no depth and your right walton has no game omg he is ****in horrible... and the lakers suck so bad ... dude your a ****in idiot keep your mouth shut.... thats why they won the championship last year right??... obvioulsy you dont watch lakers games... i love waltons game... this site is for stating real facts... your just a hater trying to tell yourself the lakers are no good... they have been to the finals 2 years in a row winning it 1 time... and they are horrible?? keep telling yourself that you moron

king4day
07-26-2009, 10:26 AM
If anyone thinks LA can win with the bench they have now, minus Odom, then they are mistaken or a homer.
As someone mentioned above, with injuries, then you're looking at a Farmar or Walton in your starting lineup.

The Spurs, Blazers, and Magic for sure, have more than 1 player coming off the bench who's really good.

cowboyz180
07-26-2009, 10:28 AM
they arent being left by the competition, they dont have to change the team that much because they just won the championship.

Storch
07-26-2009, 10:44 AM
If anyone thinks LA can win with the bench they have now, minus Odom, then they are mistaken or a homer.
As someone mentioned above, with injuries, then you're looking at a Farmar or Walton in your starting lineup.

The Spurs, Blazers, and Magic for sure, have more than 1 player coming off the bench who's really good.

It's not an arms race ... Its not a competition in which whoever has the most stacked team wins. In terms of championship caliber talent, hunger, and greatness LA and BOS are off the charts. To me, that matters more than the bench argument.

In reality, starters play 40+- mins in the playoffs and that leaves 8+- mins for the bench. And theres probably going to be a 6th man taking almost starter mins at around 25+- mins and thats that. All this bench talk by all these mediocre posters are garbage.

Kg Pierce Ray Rondo Perkins Posey were the crucial factors in their championship.

Bryant Bynum Gasol Odom Ariza Fisher were the crucial factors in the latest championship.

Thats just how things work.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-26-2009, 10:45 AM
must be a celtics or magic fan here.... ya buddy the lakers suck... they are horrible there bench sucks they have no depth and your right walton has no game omg he is ****in horrible... and the lakers suck so bad ... dude your a ****in idiot keep your mouth shut.... thats why they won the championship last year right??... obvioulsy you dont watch lakers games... i love waltons game... this site is for stating real facts... your just a hater trying to tell yourself the lakers are no good... they have been to the finals 2 years in a row winning it 1 time... and they are horrible?? keep telling yourself that you moron

Your reading comprehension is utterly bad. And you have the audacity to call people names? wow, you're a keeper.

Storch
07-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Your reading comprehension is utterly bad. And you have the audacity to call people names? wow, you're a keeper.

Be nice.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-26-2009, 10:52 AM

Now, this is a good post and this is precisely what I feel coming into next season with the Lakers, Spurs and Celtics having a bit of an edge due to their championship experience.

I think the winner of the NBA Finals next year will be the team who has HCA.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Be nice.

I have been, despite of the insults flying around here for people trying to be objective. And I dont understand the "hater" part here. Ive been watching the Lakers since 93-94, so im not a fair weather, bandwagoning fan. But I still acknowledge challenges from other teams, im not going to sit here and post "The Lakers will win it all next year because we are the best" when there are logical reasons why they probably wont.

Storch
07-26-2009, 10:57 AM

You can express your feelings nicely. Besides, the guy was just saying that he thinks that the lakers are doing too little in response to everyones blockbuster moves in the offseason.

kevvvo247
07-26-2009, 11:22 AM
yeah, the lakers don't have a shot in hell to do anything next year. artest is a huge downgrade from trevor ariza. LO made the world go round. kobe sucks, gasol isn't a factor and phil is overrated. you're absolutely right!

then when you consider the celtics picked up rasheed wallace! screw artest and his perimeter D and hustle, sheed is the real deal and he's not washed up at all. in fact, he's still in the prime of his career. the celtics would destroy the lakers because sheed is not a complete and total scrub at this point.

oh we all know cleveland with the addition of shaq is head and shoulders above the lakers. hell, they would've beaten them last year. think about it: kobe cannot handle delonte west! easy win, baby. now add the diesel whose nowhere near the twilight of his career. his production in phoenix had nothing to do with those BS trainers! he'll play all 82 games, watch. lebron doesn't even need to run an nba offense. he can just stand at the top and iso, every play. oh, it'll work. just think: if he's played that way his whole life, including in the league, it's gotta work this year, right?

orlando let turk go and went and picked up VC, hehe.... they haven't lost a thing...

SA will destroy LA. why? because LA is waaay easier to beat than DAL, duh.... plus they got RJ, who's really a guy that the entire league fears. everybody can think of at least 10 big-time plays that he's made in his career. he gives them a clear advantage. he'll kill artest. duncan hasn't slowed a bit, BTW.

DAL re-signed kidd, so they'll beat the lakers, too.
DEN has jr smith starting now so they'll beat LA

i can definitely see how you guys come up with these asinine ideas......

Hawkeye15
07-26-2009, 12:37 PM
With PJ as coach, that's not a concern for me.

good luck then. Ron just came from his favorite coach, the only one who was able to keep him settled down. At this point, I don't think Ron is going to shank someone in the shower, but sorry, the dude is and always has been, a ball stopper. Good player none the less, just gets on you're nerves when he isn't playing well, trust me.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Comments like this is why people call others haters. When Boston won the championship did everyone say they almost lost to Hawks in 7 games therefore they weren't that good?

It isn't hate to point out that a Rockets team that had $35 million in payroll on the bench took them the distance. The Lakers should have been embarrassed by that. And in reality, it was probably a bad thing for non Laker fans, it appeared to wake them up a bit. Had they rolled thru Houston, and gone against Denver with that same attitude, they may have been knocked down before they knew what hit them. You can't deny that the Lakers showed up when they felt like it thru the first 2 rounds, and luckily caught teams that didn't have the firepower to do anything about it due to injuries. Okur would have been a matchup nightmare for them. .
Now, this is all what if, and I hate that game. But the Lakers know they escaped humiliation against the Rockets. From that point on, yes, they played how they needed to.
The Celitcs escaped embarrassement as well against the Hawks. But there is a difference. First, Boston had never played a playoff game with that roster, so they were on equal footing with Atlanta in that regard. Second, Atlanta is a matchup nightmare for them. Boston was a good defensive team as a whole, but not individually outside KG and Rondo. Atlanta is full of long athletic players, it gave Boston trouble. As soon as they moved on from that team, they outplayed everyone.

RaptorsFanatic
07-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Last say:

Why would you change things if they are working perfectly?
Why would you change things if you just won a championship with that team?

The only reason they would make huge moves would be to just follow the trend, and that my friend does not work in this league.
Having a stacked team and a team with chemistry are two different things. Why did the USA Team lose to Spain a couple years back?
Its not solely the team that makes a difference, but how those pieces gel together.

Why the hell would you as a GM make big moves in the offseason and give the players doubt that they cant do it this season as well?
Confidence my friend, confidence.

kobelaughsatall
07-26-2009, 01:56 PM
It isn't hate to point out that a Rockets team that had $35 million in payroll on the bench took them the distance. The Lakers should have been embarrassed by that. And in reality, it was probably a bad thing for non Laker fans, it appeared to wake them up a bit. Had they rolled thru Houston, and gone against Denver with that same attitude, they may have been knocked down before they knew what hit them. You can't deny that the Lakers showed up when they felt like it thru the first 2 rounds, and luckily caught teams that didn't have the firepower to do anything about it due to injuries. Okur would have been a matchup nightmare for them. .
Now, this is all what if, and I hate that game. But the Lakers know they escaped humiliation against the Rockets. From that point on, yes, they played how they needed to.
The Celitcs escaped embarrassement as well against the Hawks. But there is a difference. First, Boston had never played a playoff game with that roster, so they were on equal footing with Atlanta in that regard. Second, Atlanta is a matchup nightmare for them. Boston was a good defensive team as a whole, but not individually outside KG and Rondo. Atlanta is full of long athletic players, it gave Boston trouble. As soon as they moved on from that team, they outplayed everyone.

it was obvious to everyone that the lakers just didn't take the rockets seriously. If we wanted to beat them in 5 or 6 we would of, but bottom line is we won and we crushed them in game 7. I hope all of you making these bold predictions will still say the same when the lakers are in the finals again. I believe u were the one that said the lakers can't win with kobe as the man right? yea how did that prediction work out for you. I know no one outside of laker fans wanted the lakers to win, but they did so GET OVER IT. They r still the champs and favorites untill proven otherwise

Storch
07-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Last say:

The only reason they would make huge moves would be to just follow the trend, and that my friend does not work in this league.
Having a stacked team and a team with chemistry are two different things. Why did the USA Team lose to Spain a couple years back?
Its not solely the team that makes a difference, but how those pieces gel together.

Why the hell would you as a GM make big moves in the offseason and give the players doubt that they cant do it this season as well?

Perfect point. :clap:

Hawkeye15
07-26-2009, 02:33 PM
it was obvious to everyone that the lakers just didn't take the rockets seriously. If we wanted to beat them in 5 or 6 we would of, but bottom line is we won and we crushed them in game 7. I hope all of you making these bold predictions will still say the same when the lakers are in the finals again. I believe u were the one that said the lakers can't win with kobe as the man right? yea how did that prediction work out for you. I know no one outside of laker fans wanted the lakers to win, but they did so GET OVER IT. They r still the champs and favorites untill proven otherwise

nice attitude bro. And for the 100th time, I made that prediction 11 months ago, before any real competition went down hurt.
You are exactly why people don't like Laker fans. How dare anyone say they aren't the most elite franchise in the world, right? Mmmkay.
And yes, until knocked off, they are the champs. We all know that. But to sit here, and say there is absolutely no way they can be challenged this year, which is what you are doing, makes you look like the fool, not the people debating you.
And they "could" have won it in five or six, but didn't take them seriously is the term you used. That doesn't bode well for the upcoming season if they are a team who was embarrassed in the finals the year before, should have been starving, and still came in with the attitude they did early in the playoffs. If San Antonio, and Boston are healthy, and Cleveland, Orlando, and Denver play up to their capabilities, the results will not make you very happy this time around.

JordansBulls
07-26-2009, 04:52 PM
I would like to see Odom go to Miami and Boozer to Chicago.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 05:14 PM
I would like to see Odom go to Miami and Boozer to Chicago.

Thanks that explains alot!!! :D I think people know what im talking about atleast fellow Laker fans should!

xHTOWN713x
07-26-2009, 05:14 PM

you say the lakers didnt take US seriously? whom are you speaking of, the players or phil? because i can remember the frustration in the press conference when phil said something along the lines of "give the rockets some ****ing credit" and also you guys struggled against us we killed you guys in houston that sunday. please, we were a Center away of taking that series. if you lose odom, youre not going to the finals. say for instance you guys lost kobe and gasol like tmac and yao. where would you guys end up? you think your bench can carry you against the leagues best? i'm speaking from a Rockets fan pov but we're always placed as an underdog. we're barely getting the respect we deserve.

P.S. wasnt it only a couple summers ago, kobe went public saying he wanted out of LA?

kobelaughsatall
07-26-2009, 05:20 PM
you say the lakers didnt take US seriously? whom are you speaking of, the players or phil? because i can remember the frustration in the press conference when phil said something along the lines of "give the rockets some ****ing credit" and also you guys struggled against us we killed you guys in houston that sunday. please, we were a Center away of taking that series. if you lose odom, youre not going to the finals. say for instance you guys lost kobe and gasol like tmac and yao. where would you guys end up? you think your bench can carry you against the leagues best? i'm speaking from a Rockets fan pov but we're always placed as an underdog. we're barely getting the respect we deserve.

everyone could tell that the players didn't take the rockets seriously especially when yao went down. in game 7 u guys got whopped plain and simple. we won when we needed to. your team will get there respect when they actually manage to stay healthy and WIN untill then ur just gonna be an irrevelant team that just made it out of the 1st round after how long? please nobody is taking the rockets seriously right now

xHTOWN713x
07-26-2009, 05:32 PM
never argue with a kobe, i mean lakers fan

Iron24th
07-26-2009, 05:45 PM

Yeah thanks again man,you're always wrong,you said houston and denver beat us,you're just a hater,sad.

Iron24th
07-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Last say:

Maybe the better post I've ever seen on PSD.

:clap:

Hawkeye15
07-26-2009, 06:10 PM
everyone could tell that the players didn't take the rockets seriously especially when yao went down. in game 7 u guys got whopped plain and simple. we won when we needed to. your team will get there respect when they actually manage to stay healthy and WIN untill then ur just gonna be an irrevelant team that just made it out of the 1st round after how long? please nobody is taking the rockets seriously right now

point is, you are lucky all the contenders went down hurt, or that attitude of not taking another team seriously would have burned them. Look, in history books, this will go down the same as even the best of the playoff years, so nobody is taking away the fact that LA won. But even biased LA fans must admit, that they caught some breaks early in the first 2 series. If they would have showed up with that complacency in a year where everyone was healthy, it may have very well been a different story.
And why would they not take them, or any team seriously?????? They came off an embarrassing finals appearance the year prior. They should have been playing with a chip on thier shoulder, yet, they decided to show up when they needed to. They are lucky it didn't burn them. The NBA was down as a whole last year, I have never seen that many injuries to key players league wide. It will not be the same this year, so if the Lakers show up with that mentality again, the results may very well be something LA fans don't want to see. Fact is, San Antonio, Boston, Cleveland, and Orlando have all gotten better. LA has not, in fact, to this point, they have gotten worse. Until someone knocks them off, they are the team to beat, any idiot knows that. But for anyone to sit and act all high and mighty, and say you are stupid if you don't agree the Lakers will just walk thru the season is ridiculous. I have seriously seen a thread, yet again, that the Lakers may break the 72 wins. Are you ******** me? haha. Unless every team in the league is again hit by the injury bug, there will be a lot more competition this season, thank god

Big Game Son
07-26-2009, 06:11 PM

Rockets were without McGrady and Yao and Wafer pissed off Adelman.....I kno the McGrady thing may have actually been a benefit but rly that was a phenomenal heart team. The fact is the Lakers could not beat them in 5 or 6....else they would have and couldnt even do it with core players missing. And they did take Houston seriously....they beat them and had to earn it.

Hypotheticals arent worth the time.....fact is the Lakers won (congrats well earned) but Houston was a HUGE obstacle and LA did get lucky.

On the note of Odom..........do you rly want Odom, Kobe, Artest, Bynum and Sasha all on the same team? First of all your over the cap and your slowly becoming a headcase squad (Kobe isnt a headcase but surroundings get to you specially if your a harsh leader)......let Odom go (preferably sign and trade) and look to trade Bynum (with Walton) for bench assistance are your keys at this point.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah thanks again man,you're always wrong,you said houston and denver beat us,you're just a hater,sad.

is there like an agreement between most of you, that if anyone disagrees or criticizes the Lakers, this must be pulled?

LaKeRsSuCk323
07-26-2009, 06:13 PM
if it aint broke why fix it??

Ariza dissed the flakers.

Now Lamar??

Kobe likes to talk alot on the court 2 HIS OWN TEAM, say something to ron, kobe. See what happens.

he might dissed yall too and make another rap album lol

the championship for next season is up for grabs. Theres no favorite.

LaKeRsSuCk323
07-26-2009, 06:14 PM
kobe might just have to sleep with one eye open. lmao

RaptorsFanatic
07-26-2009, 06:19 PM
^ Dude on top of me is a joke everyone, just laugh it off and lets move on.

LaKeRsSuCk323
07-26-2009, 06:22 PM
yea i'm a joke. Just like the Raptors..

RaptorsFanatic
07-26-2009, 06:25 PM
lol, and your clippers (im guessing) are any better goofball? LOL

I rest my case.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 06:30 PM
if it aint broke why fix it??

Ariza dissed the flakers.

Now Lamar??

Kobe likes to talk alot on the court 2 HIS OWN TEAM, say something to ron, kobe. See what happens.

he might dissed yall too and make another rap album lol

the championship for next season is up for grabs. Theres no favorite.

Umm....Kobe already has i believe he's even givin him a little shove and thats when they were on different teams!! Make no mistake this is Kobes team and he'll let whom ever know whats up!!

OC Knights #11
07-26-2009, 06:36 PM

Luke Walton
Adam Morrison
Sasha Vujacic
Shannon Brown
Josh Powell

No. The Lakers will be in it in the end. You would be ridiculous in saying other wise

TannerOwnsDevin
07-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Last say:

No one specifically brought the word 'change' in this thread, but rather just an idea that maybe they could get a piece or two since LA's bench are not looking like the best compared to the most recent upgrades by other contenders.

Like I said, after Odom and maybe Shannon Brown, none of them looks dependable, to be honest, Odom on most nights is guilty of this as well. Farmar, Vujacic, Mbenga and Walton have all been a liability in most nights. This is why the Lakers have exhibit such a jekkyl and hyde mentality last season. One day, they'll squash their opponent by playing world class defense and the next game they'll lose to a sub 500 team.

I think if LA acquires a cheap but reliable piece, say like Joe Smith or maybe even Hakim Warrick or possibly Bruce Bowen, they will imo at least have more pieces to play with in the playoffs or when injury starts biting them.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-26-2009, 06:39 PM
No. The Lakers will be in it in the end. You would be ridiculous in saying other wise

Yeah, what's those lotto numbers for next weeks draw while you're at it.:rolleyes:

Legitimate
07-26-2009, 06:45 PM
BOTTOM LINE Lakers got worse this offseason, other contenders got better this offseason, the Lakers limped in to the finals last year and got lucky that other teams werent at 100%. Thus, you can almost guarantee that they won't repeat this up coming season. I would stake my life that the Lakers won't repeat this year. I just feel that they got lucky last year to be honest with you.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 06:47 PM
BOTTOM LINE Lakers got worse this offseason, other contenders got better this offseason, the Lakers limped in to the finals last year and got lucky that other teams werent at 100%. Thus, you can almost guarantee that they won't repeat this up coming season. I would stake my life that the Lakers won't repeat this year. I just feel that they got lucky last year to be honest with you.

Well good for you why didn't Denver get Lucky or the Cavs or Portland, etc...:rolleyes:

TannerOwnsDevin
07-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Well good for you why didn't Denver get Lucky or the Cavs or Portland, etc...:rolleyes:

Lebrons luck ran out after game 2.

Illuminati999
07-26-2009, 07:04 PM

Not at full strength? Go massage Yao's broken foot and maybe you'll remember they took you guys to 7 games without Yao and McGrady. Wait, it's not convenient to remember that is it? =p

Sure a win is a win, and the Lakers won. I believe they were and still are a better team than the Rockets. But just humble yourself a tiny bit por favor ;).

spurs4#5
07-26-2009, 07:07 PM
all you ******** laker fans who think that a professional team in the nba, in the second round of the playoffs, trying to win a championship didnt take the rockets serious had better check their shorts before getting on the short bus........thiink about what youre saying just doesnt make any sense...rockets gave them a great series fair and square!!! and to everybody else saying that the lakers got lucky cause of injuries...give me a break its part of the game...lakers won the championship fair and square!

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Not at full strength? Go massage Yao's broken foot and maybe you'll remember they took you guys to 7 games without Yao and McGrady. Wait, it's not convenient to remember that is it? =p

Sure a win is a win, and the Lakers won. I believe they were and still are a better team than the Rockets. But just humble yourself a tiny bit por favor ;).

Whats your point with yao the series was tied and the Rockets looked like a better team without T-mac never underestimate the heart of a competitor and the Rockets were just that and they were underestimated by the Lakers but when it mattered LA turned it up and blew them out i mean look at the Celtics two years go went to a game 7 and still won the chamionship doesn't matter how many games it takes to win it as long as you win it!!

Illuminati999
07-26-2009, 07:14 PM

Hard to count on someone being consistent when they are inconsistent, hence the term "inconsistent" and injury prone. "Wait and see if Bynum can keep his legs in one piece..." it's the same non-sense that depreciates Yao Ming in value.

If you expect the worst case scenario, you'll better prepare yourself.

kevvvo247
07-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Hard to count on someone being consistent when they inconsistent, hence the term "inconsistent" and injury prone. "Wait and see if Bynum can keep his legs in one piece..." it's the same non-sense that depreciates Yao Ming in value.

If you expect the worst case scenario, you'll better prepare yourself.

yeah, expect another freak injury- smart....:rolleyes:

Illuminati999
07-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Whats your point with yao the series was tied and the Rockets looked like a better team without T-mac never underestimate the heart of a competitor and the Rockets were just that and they were underestimated by the Lakers but when it mattered LA turned it up and blew them out i mean look at the Celtics two years go went to a game 7 and still won the chamionship doesn't matter how many games it takes to win it as long as you win it!!

My point is, from my first quote, you gave the Lakers credit for winning it all last year even when they weren't 100%. As if they are BETTER because even through "injuries" they won. I don't think any team is ever fully 100% come playoff time, but they weren't nearly as unhealthy as the Rockets.

Yet Lakers HATE that argument that the Rockets took them to 7 games. It's the Rockets fault that they weren't 100%, maybe even China's considering how hard they make Yao work. Stop using health injuries as a crutch. This goes to the Celtics too. Forget that Kevin Garnet was injured, it's a team sport. Celtics fans claim they would have won if KG was healthy. You don't know that, and what does it matter, point is KG was injured and Lakers took care of business.

So please guys, no more "oh we were not healthy and still won" and "oh had so and so not been injured we would have slaughtered you"... are you a freaking psychic? NO? Then stfu lol.

Illuminati999
07-26-2009, 07:27 PM
yeah, expect another freak injury- smart....:rolleyes:

Um... yes. Expect a "freak" injury from people who continually get "freak" injuries. Especially when they are so young, time doesn't fix it, it gets worse. It's called backup or plan b (no, not the birth control).

xxxplicit69
07-26-2009, 07:36 PM
all in bold very good post. And yes, is the reason the Lakers are still the favorites until proven otherwise
Orlando also added Barnes and Bass, getting tougher. Vince is an upgrade over Turk, Nelson is healthy
Cleveland getting Shaq will help more than most understand. It will allow more freedom for the Cavs players. And LeBron should continue to grow. And dude, you butchered some of those Bulls names, haha
Boston and San Antonio will depend on health. Both added big peices in Jefferson/McDyess/Ratliff and Wallace, but need their core players to stay healthy. Both of these teams were fully capable of handling the Lakers last year before they went down hurt. THe same can be said of this year.

lol, I know I messed up on some of the spelling, I will start having another window open so I can google the names and spell them correctly.

xxxplicit69
07-26-2009, 07:42 PM
take this from a laker fan. our fan base has the most fair weather and obnoxious of all nba teams. ever visited lakersground? i would have to assume no, but oh my that site is hilarious.

except i never said they are not the competition. i said they are being left by the competition, talent wise. huge difference there if you're going by the topics context my friend.

though true, its a bit overblown imo. those bulls role players were resilient and were great fundamental players. as well kerr was a 40% career 3 pt shooter. ron harper was a great talent since drafted by cleveland, no one in the lakers roster (besides fish and kobe) can match harpers knowledge in the triangle. luc longley was a stiff, sure, but id still take him over dj mbenga anyday of the week. he had an automatic 13 footer and was actually a good post scorer.

you shoud'nt undersetimate their bench. they have blair,, george hill, mcdyess and manu ginobili coming off the bench. they can easily run over the lakers bench who consists mainly of vujacic, farmar,luke and odom.

magic? gortat,bass, barnes are no slouch off the bench. boston? im not even going to go there since i have already explained that imo, their bench is deeper than the lakers expecially since marquis daniels is coming on board.

Thats true, its not hands down that L.A. will win like it was this past season. I forgot about bass being in orlando, that was a very good move, I thought I heard about gortat signing with another team, but if they keep him, he definately adds depth.

jdricks
07-26-2009, 07:47 PM
If you guys remember the bench was really the main reason that they made it to the Finals against Boston. They on any given night can explode and outplay any team. With Odom on that bench they are just as good as Manu on the Spurs, Marion on the Mavs, Sheed on Boston and Big Z on the Cavs. This team is the most talented in the NBA with Odom, the bench underperformed this year yes but they were on a mission. If this bench becomes consistent and plays like we know they can play, the Lakers will be fine.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2009, 07:48 PM
lol, I know I messed up on some of the spelling, I will start having another window open so I can google the names and spell them correctly.

nah, I was only kidding dude, no worries

Hawkeye15
07-26-2009, 07:52 PM
so let me ask u spurs fan do u really believe that the old beaten up spurs can beat the lakers in a seven game series with or with out odom dont matter

Duncan 33, Parker 27, Jefferson 29, Manu 31, not really that old. They filled out their roster with depth in McDyess and Ratliff. Will they depend on health? Yes. But isn't that the same excuse Laker fans gave for being beat in the finals? Ariza and Bynum were hurt?
No team can win it if their core guys aren't all healthy for the playoffs. That usually dictates who wins, actually. So it is not a stretch to assume that the Spurs will stay healthy, since they have had major rest, for this season.

xxxplicit69
07-26-2009, 07:55 PM

West
Lakers
Spurs
Nuggets

East
Celtics
Magic
Cavs

Dont count out portland, I personally would take them over denver
pg. miller
sg. roy another year more experienced and improved
sf. outlaw
pf. alridge
c. oden who i believe will be healthier and a better developed player this year.
if portland could get another sf, it would ink them as an elite team in the west.

spurs4#5
07-26-2009, 07:55 PM
so let me ask u spurs fan do u really believe that the old beaten up spurs can beat the lakers in a seven game series with or with out odom dont matter

you act like the spurs didnt get younger and if you look at a past years when they won championships they were older than they are now....its just really ******** to say that there is no team that can beat the lakers...and to answer your question i think the lakers and the spurs could beat each other in a 7 game series...it has always been ust the way the ball bounces in their series...no your history and stop being a homer!!!

kevvvo247
07-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Um... yes. Expect a "freak" injury from people who continually get "freak" injuries. Especially when they are so young, time doesn't fix it, it gets worse. It's called backup or plan b (no, not the birth control).

hey, that's pretty convenient friend. so wow, do you also foresee which player trips and falls into mr. bynum as well? you must be some sort of gypsy with a name like that. please sir(?), look into your crystal ball and tell me the game when this freak injury occurs. i gotta get out in front of this thing before its too late!

KobeBeatJeeesus
07-26-2009, 08:18 PM
All bench players are supposed to do is not screw up while the starters are resting. If these players were so good, they would be starters, and with that being said, bench players are only going to get 10-15 minutes a game? I will go ahead and say Portland has the best bench squad in the world just to appease you. They got knocked out in the first round. So much for having an awesome bench.

CowboysKB24
07-26-2009, 08:48 PM
What are your thoughts on their bench excluding Lamar Odom?
Do you think anyone can develop?

Shannon Brown
Jordan Famar
DJ Mbenga
Josh Powell
Luke Walton
Sasha Vujacic
Sun Yue
Adam Morisson

VIP1349
07-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Shannon Brown and Josh Powell are two guys I really like on there team. Otherwise there bench is really week. They NEED Odom otherwise they don't have that big bench guy, 6th man. They have a group of 7th and 8th guys. I think overall though they don't need a great bench, if there starters stay healthy, they won't be worried.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-26-2009, 08:51 PM
we already have a similar thread for this.

GoatMilk
07-26-2009, 08:53 PM
looks weak, but a starter will always be on the floor so it wont be as bad as it looks

you can live with powell in gasol's place, and gasol to start the 2nd quarter with the bench players. just an example

Vinny642
07-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Shannon Brown- HATE HIM!!! Laker fans overrate him.
Jordan Famar- He cool, not bad. Needs time
DJ Mbenga- Ehh not rly good, not rly a fan or hate him.
Josh Powell- He cool, one of my favs. Not bad midrange game.I'd take him on the Hornets
Luke Walton- A hated laker, he is alriht doesnt seem much of a bball player to me:shrug:
Sasha Vujacic- Only good at threes and whining, one of my most hated Lakers
Sun Yue- No time, nothing to worry about
Adam Morisson - LOL

Kyle N.
07-26-2009, 08:59 PM
None of them are that good except for Vujacic and Farmar.

Tha Truth
07-26-2009, 09:03 PM
My favourite players on this bench are Jordan Farmar and Shannon Brown.

Famar should be the future starter on this team if he continues to develop.

S. Brown has great athleticism and he brings energy off the bench.

lakers4sho
07-26-2009, 09:09 PM
DJ Mbenga will eat any backup center in the league TBH

theuuord
07-26-2009, 09:17 PM
DJ Mbenga will eat any backup center in the league TBH

do you mean literally?
because if you mean basketball-wise, then Marcin Gortat would like to speak with you.

Illuminati999
07-26-2009, 09:24 PM

And you're a Lakers fan? I guess you try to block it out of your mind, but the Celtics won in 6.

KB---24
07-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Shannon Brown-High energy,Athletic,Developing his Shots,Good Defense:clap:

Jordan Famar-good Speed/Quickness,Has average defense and good hustle:clap:

DJ Mbenga-Gots blocking ability, lakers should try to make him into a roleplayer

Josh Powell-Good midrange shot and rebounding:)

Luke Walton-only good thing is passing and thats IT:confused:

Sasha Vujacic-Fast,Quick,brings energy,alrite defense, needs to develop shot:)

Sun Yue-he is bad and gots to show why he was in the olympics:confused:

Adam Morisson-gots to bring back his game from college:rolleyes:

Bones10564
07-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Adam Morrison - I've been stating that this guy should be traded all off season but he has been tearing it up during summer league he MIGHT surprise this year?? Key word MIGHT!! Along with Sasha & Farmar (If they can get their touch back) the bench is not weak...

Odom has to resign though...

Illuminati999
07-26-2009, 09:31 PM
hey, that's pretty convenient friend. so wow, do you also foresee which player trips and falls into mr. bynum as well? you must be some sort of gypsy with a name like that. please sir(?), look into your crystal ball and tell me the game when this freak injury occurs. i gotta get out in front of this thing before its too late!

Um, I was the original one that came up with the psychic joke. If you don't understand what injury prone means, then you shouldn't even have an account. Repeat offenders (by offenders I mean people who have "freak" injuries), you look at their track record, NOT into a crystal ball.

I asked if people were psychic because they claimed that if someone on their team was healthy, they would have won the championship. I said it's a pointless argument because injuries are apart of the game.

You're not so bright are you?

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 09:33 PM
And you're a Lakers fan? I guess you try to block it out of your mind, but the Celtics won in 6.

Alright since your an IGNORAMUS ill explain it to you!! The Celtics two years ago went 7 games with the 8th seeded Hawks and then 7 games again with the Cavs here read it yourself if you dont believe me ill do your homework for you OK!!

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2008/index.html

Just click on the series you wish to look at!!

My point is Champions are sometimes pushed to 7 games!!!

famousone2323
07-26-2009, 09:36 PM
you act like the spurs didnt get younger and if you look at a past years when they won championships they were older than they are now....its just really ******** to say that there is no team that can beat the lakers...and to answer your question i think the lakers and the spurs could beat each other in a 7 game series...it has always been ust the way the ball bounces in their series...no your history and stop being a homer!!!

listen up dude im not even a lakers fan but i know my basketball yeah i understand that u spurs fans got happy and excited when u picked up a couple of decent role players but come on man u have to give all the props and all the acalates to the lakers they are the best and untill they get knocked out of the playoffs next year wich will probly not happen every laker fan can say whatever the hell they want they earn that cus they are the champs and by the way im a thunder fan and we comming up

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 09:37 PM

And yes i am a Laker fan but at the same time im a fan of the NBA as whole i love the game and try being unbias although sometimes it gets the best of me please dont question me on my knowledge of the game thank you!!:D

famousone2323
07-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Theres only one champion and one winner the whole season (lakers) and 29 loosers and your team is one of the loosers just like the t-wolves thunder bobcats clipers kings the spurs are the same they came up short so they are loosers so are the cavs celtics and magic.... Your team and my team are loosers the lakers are the only winners and untill the end of the season next year thats how it is

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 10:08 PM
what you just said has nothing to do with your original post...yoou came in here bashing spurs and celtic fans saying that we're to old and we dont even stand a chance....im not saying lakers dont deserve props i already said somewhere in this thread that everyone needs to stop saying that the lakers wouldnt have won if it werent for all the injuries...injuries are apart of the game...and yes they are the defending champions and have the right to brag...but that bragging is for last season this year hasnt even started and we have people like you already saying that contenders have no shot against the lakers when its absolutely clear to everyone besides lakers fans that their team got weaker in the offseason...when you have a guy like kobe on your team you're always gonna have a shot at the title...but the same goes for tim duncan...it all plays out to who you put around these people and as it stands right now on paper the spurs are the superior team

Ok first of all you sit their and tell Laker fans not to assume anything since the season hasn't started yet you sit their ant type about how its "absolutley clear" that the Lakers have gotten weaker in the offseason without even playing a game or without this Odom situation resolved??? Kinda sounds like a hypocrite to me!!!:shrug:

spurs4#5
07-26-2009, 10:10 PM
first off i said on PAPER they are superior as of right now(read the whole post dumbass)...and if you have read any of my past post which is obvious that you havent since you really didnt read this past one before responding you would have seen that i tell everybody nobody is set in stone to win the championship we just have to see how the season goes and how the ball bounces...and really you're calling tony parker tim duncan, manu ginobli, r.j. wash ups? you clearly dont know your basketball as the spurs continue to be a top team in the nba its people like you that say the are washed up at cant do anything and year after year they prove yall wrong...get a clue they've been saying the spurs cant win since the first time they won a championship and we all know what happened after that...you should really stop talking because its you my friend who is stupid!

spurs4#5
07-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Ok first of all you sit their and tell Laker fans not to assume anything since the season hasn't started yet you sit their ant type about how its "absolutley clear" that the Lakers have gotten weaker in the offseason without even playing a game or without this Odom situation resolved??? Kinda sounds like a hypocrite to me!!!:shrug:

on paper yes they have gotten weaker as of right now...and im still saying even though they've gotten weaker the lakers are the team to beat until someone takes them down....not a hypocrite homie

famousone2323
07-26-2009, 10:18 PM
The spurs are a good team but duncan, parker, ginobli (captian flop) will never win another championship again they will just keep making the playoffs every year maybe reaching the conferance championship a couple of times and will be good practice for the lakers championship run ... Have u not learned anything the past two seasons the lakers are the new king in the west not the spurs anymore there chmpionship days are over i repeat over

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 10:21 PM
on paper yes they have gotten weaker as of right now...and im still saying even though they've gotten weaker the lakers are the team to beat until someone takes them down....not a hypocrite homie

Well like you said yourself how about you wait till you play on paper the Rockets looked just nasty last year and were(in some peoples eyes) gonna beat the Lakers as the top dog in the West that didn't happen now the same is going on with the Spurs how about you wait and see i mean your telling us not to post this BS with out a game even being played but you can?? Better think again you voice your opinion you better be damn ready to hear ours!!!

Now with that being said im not one who says no one stands a chance against LA and like i said before the Lakers aren't be left by the competition i just think the competition has closed the gap and should make it tougher and push the Lakers to tougher road to championship if they wanna repeat!!

JordansBulls
07-26-2009, 10:23 PM
What are your thoughts on their bench excluding Lamar Odom?
Do you think anyone can develop?

Shannon Brown
Jordan Famar
DJ Mbenga
Josh Powell
Luke Walton
Sasha Vujacic
Sun Yue
Adam Morisson

Bring Artest off the bench.

spurs4#5
07-26-2009, 10:23 PM
The spurs are a good team but duncan, parker, ginobli (captian flop) will never win another championship again they will just keep making the playoffs every year maybe reaching the conferance championship a couple of times and will be good practice for the lakers championship run ... Have u not learned anything the past two seasons the lakers are the new king in the west not the spurs anymore there chmpionship days are over i repeat over

ok i want to have a rational conversation...so please explain to me in depth why the spurs will NEVER again win a championship when n 06 lakers didnt make the playoffs and in 07 they got out in the first round but they added pieces and r now contenders but now that the spurs added pieces and they arnt contenders? so please explain in depth why the spurs have no shot...go ahead and inclue why boston doesnt have a shot either?

famousone2323
07-26-2009, 10:28 PM
ok i want to have a rational conversation...so please explain to me in depth why the spurs will never again win a championship when n 06 lakers didnt make the playoffs and in 07 they got out in the first round but they added pieces and r now contenders but now that the spurs added pieces and they arnt contenders? So please explain in depth why the spurs have no shot...go ahead and inclue why boston doesnt have a shot either?

because there core players manu and duncan are old and cant stay healthy and there are so many good teams in the west i know its hard to say goodbye but u have to dude

famousone2323
07-26-2009, 10:28 PM
I do love parker a straight up beast

spurs4#5
07-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Well like you said yourself how about you wait till you play on paper the Rockets looked just nasty last year and were(in some peoples eyes) gonna beat the Lakers as the top dog in the West that didn't happen now the same is going on with the Spurs how about you wait and see i mean your telling us not to post this BS with out a game even being played but you can?? Better think again you voice your opinion you better be damn ready to hear ours!!!

Now with that being said im not one who says no one stands a chance against LA and like i said before the Lakers aren't be left by the competition i just think the competition has closed the gap and should make it tougher and push the Lakers to tougher road to championship if they wanna repeat!!

dude all im going on is paper...as of right now the clippers have a legit shot of winning the title also....and yes im voicing my opinion and welcome comments but not from people who r just looking for an arguement instead of a conversation...please go through my post and find what it is excatly what i posted that was BS cause im so sure you'll find tones of things that have no rational point!

spurs4#5
07-26-2009, 10:37 PM
because there core players manu and duncan are old and cant stay healthy and there are so many good teams in the west i know its hard to say goodbye but u have to dude

r you serious??? dude kobe is gonna be 31, ginobili is 31....gasol is good but tim is still the best pf in nba history and is still great( i think you're gonna be the only person to think duncan is to old to dominate) parker, jefferson, mason, blair, hill, dyss, ratliff great supprot players...and all im saying is that on paper right now the spurs r a team ready to compete for a title...and health is an issue for everybody it all just depends on how the season goes so thats not a valid arguement and neither is their age cuz they've been the oldest team in the nba for some time and have won 4 titles...please give me a good reason why the spurs have no shot of winning the title?

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 10:40 PM
dude all im going on is paper...as of right now the clippers have a legit shot of winning the title also....and yes im voicing my opinion and welcome comments but not from people who r just looking for an arguement instead of a conversation...please go through my post and find what it is excatly what i posted that was BS cause im so sure you'll find tones of things that have no rational point!

Ok look man if your gonna tell yourself off then i have nothing to say to you im not calling you an idiot but you make yourself look like your one!!!

And you really shouldn't go by whats on paper like i said look at the Rockets on paper they looked just nasty so did the Mavs to a point and look how that turned out so "on paper" means nothing its how they play together this Laker team has showed they can win your making assumptions saying the Spurs will be Top team because of who they added some of my fellow Laker fans feel the Lakers are stronger now with Artest IDK if id say i agree with them but thats their opinion anyway my problem is dont tell people not to ost their opinions "without even playing a game" yet you sit their and do the same thing!

cHi8DaL5LA420
07-26-2009, 10:40 PM

your sitting here saying the lakers are being left by the competition... wellthey lost ariza and picked up artest... id say thats an upgrade... its almost a gauruntee that odom is going to resign... and you are saying they are being left by the competition... they just won the nba championship with that bench... did you shannon brown... that kid is unbelievable... walton is a ball hawk... farmar well he is quick is **** and can knock em down and make plays...so ya i stand by my point your an idiot when it comes to sports... just because your more educated than me doesnt make you better so stop acting that way... we are in sports forum...and your post saying lakers are being left by the competition is complete bull shti and makes no sense

famousone2323
07-26-2009, 10:41 PM
r you serious??? Dude kobe is gonna be 31, ginobili is 31....gasol is good but tim is still the best pf in nba history and is still great( i think you're gonna be the only person to think duncan is to old to dominate) parker, jefferson, mason, blair, hill, dyss, ratliff great supprot players...and all im saying is that on paper right now the spurs r a team ready to compete for a title...and health is an issue for everybody it all just depends on how the season goes so thats not a valid arguement and neither is their age cuz they've been the oldest team in the nba for some time and have won 4 titles...please give me a good reason why the spurs have no shot of winning the title?

no no no u said that they were the superior team on paper if there so damm godd where were they this season

famousone2323
07-26-2009, 10:45 PM
no no no u said that they were the superior team on paper if there so damm godd where were they this season

u know what im going to be honest with u i think the reason i have lack of respect for them is becasue i really really hate the way they play basketball they are dammm boring worst team to watch

spurs4#5
07-26-2009, 10:48 PM

injuries homie....and thats why i have never said that the spurs would win the title...and ive also stated that the lakers are still the team to beat until proven other wise....it all just depends on chemistry and injuries....and none of us can tell if these teams will still be great with there additions im just going off stats on paper..nothing more.. but to say a team that has been so consistent in contending for titles for the past decade is absolutely out that would be like saying after the lakers got out in 07 in the first round and everybody was saying kobe couldnt take a lakers team to the finals and win and we all know what happened after that.

and to dcb/lal....youre taking everything i say out of context...im done with you go blow yourself for not knowing what youre talking about

spurs4#5
07-26-2009, 10:51 PM
u know what im going to be honest with u i think the reason i have lack of respect for them is becasue i really really hate the way they play basketball they are dammm boring worst team to watch

ok with that being said a team cant be a title contender because they arnt a flashy team like the suns were...smart reply guy....you should not say anything else about this topic you've lost all credibility with that statement

TheGsw
07-26-2009, 10:53 PM
lol
They stilll got Kobe and the best defender and the best bigman!

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 10:56 PM
injuries homie....and thats why i have never said that the spurs would win the title...and ive also stated that the lakers are still the team to beat until proven other wise....it all just depends on chemistry and injuries....and none of us can tell if these teams will still be great with there additions im just going off stats on paper..nothing more.. but to say a team that has been so consistent in contending for titles for the past decade is absolutely out that would be like saying after the lakers got out in 07 in the first round and everybody was saying kobe couldnt take a lakers team to the finals and win and we all know what happened after that.

and to dcb/lal....youre taking everything i say out of context...im done with you go blow yourself for not knowing what youre talking about

oh fiesty i like it!! Lets get ready to RUMBLE!!!:box:

Listen dont sit there and tell people not to post their opinions you were the one telling Laker fans not to post their opinions about other teams not having a chance against us without playing a game yet you were sitting there and posting how the Lakers got "absolutly" weaker when in the offseason when the offseason isn't even over yet!! Please know what your talking about and no i didn't take it out of context cause thats what you said!!

famousone2323
07-26-2009, 10:59 PM
lol
They stilll got Kobe and the best defender and the best bigman!

YEAH U TELL THEM :clap:
ITS LIKE ALL OF A SUDDEN TEAMS PICK UP SOME DECENT ROLE PLAYERS AND EVERYONE FORGOTS WHO THE CHAMPS ARE ITS DUMB MAN

spurs4#5
07-26-2009, 11:10 PM
oh fiesty i like it!! Lets get ready to RUMBLE!!!:box:

Listen dont sit there and tell people not to post their opinions you were the one telling Laker fans not to post their opinions about other teams not having a chance against us without playing a game yet you were sitting there and posting how the Lakers got "absolutly" weaker when in the offseason when the offseason isn't even over yet!! Please know what your talking about and no i didn't take it out of context cause thats what you said!!

are you going to sit there and say that so far the lakers have lost ariza and possibly odom two key factors to their chemistry and have added artest who is a very good player but who knows if he will fit in and the losing the agility of odom who gave other teams fits cuz of what he's able to do on the court at his size not to say the stats these two put up...so yes ill stick by my comment of lakers so far have gotten weaker and ive never said the offseason was over.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 11:21 PM
are you going to sit there and say that so far the lakers have lost ariza and possibly odom two key factors to their chemistry and have added artest who is a very good player but who knows if he will fit in and the losing the agility of odom who gave other teams fits cuz of what he's able to do on the court at his size not to say the stats these two put up...so yes ill stick by my comment of lakers so far have gotten weaker and ive never said the offseason was over.

First of all i never said i agreed i just said dont bash my fellow Laker fans for having thier opinion!!!

Second of all there you go again!!! You say how you dont know how Artest will fit in yet fail to question how Richard Jefferson or Rasheed Wallace or any other free agent who has signed with a contender will fit in??? Get out of here with that BS!!! If you wanna question how Artest will fit then also question how the rest of them will fit in too just to be fair otherwise you'd be doing the same thing you claim my fellow Laker fans are doing!!!

And third but not least the Lakers haven't lost Odom yet so no they haven't lost any of his "agility" just yet like i said the offseason isn't over and if you knew that like you claimed you would know that Odom is still a free agent and LA hasn't lost him to anyone!!!

spurs4#5
07-26-2009, 11:35 PM
First of all i never said i agreed i just said dont bash my fellow Laker fans for having thier opinion!!!

Second of all there you go again!!! You say how you dont know how Artest will fit in yet fail to question how Richard Jefferson or Rasheed Wallace or any other free agent who has signed with a contender will fit in??? Get out of here with that BS!!! If you wanna question how Artest will fit then also question how the rest of them will fit in too just to be fair otherwise you'd be doing the same thing you claim my fellow Laker fans are doing!!!

And third but not least the Lakers haven't lost Odom yet so no they haven't lost any of his "agility" just yet like i said the offseason isn't over and if you knew that like you claimed you would know that Odom is still a free agent and LA hasn't lost him to anyone!!!

i never said i knew for sure that these guys were gonna fit in perfectly or have the right chemistry...so im still here with what you call bs cuz im not slinging it youre just taking what im saying out of context...if anything i question the spurs chemistry the most because of added parts and how they performed last year in the playoffs...but all im going on is paper for all the teams and yet you still try to find a way to manipulate what im saying...i have no hate for anybody i give credit where credit is do....

and is odom a free agent yes or no? (yes)
so does this mean that he's a laker still? (no)
can the lakers resign him? (yes)
so if i looked at the lakers current roster as of right now is lamar odom on there? (no he's not because he currently does not play for any team)

as of right now yall dont have odom

glazecraze
07-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Look. The Lakers need Lamar Perid. With out him they are still one of the best in the west, but they will not make it out of the west conf finals. They have no depth especially at PF. Lamar and his camp knows this, that is why they are using the Heat to get what he wants. Whats the worse case. He makes a ton of cash in LA or Miami.

So they loose Lamat which it appears they are, who is sixth man? who takes over for Bynum when he gets into foul trouble?

Artest is huge and will be, but they need solid depth. which they loose when Lamar goes to Miami

spurs4#5
07-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Look. The Lakers need Lamar Perid. With out him they are still one of the best in the west, but they will not make it out of the west conf finals. They have no depth especially at PF. Lamar and his camp knows this, that is why they are using the Heat to get what he wants. Whats the worse case. He makes a ton of cash in LA or Miami.

So they loose Lamat which it appears they are, who is sixth man? who takes over for Bynum when he gets into foul trouble?

Artest is huge and will be, but they need solid depth. which they loose when Lamar goes to Miami

yeah but i never count a team with kobe on it....to say that for sure that they wont make it out before the season starts is just a dumb statement since we have no idea whats gonna go on during the season with injuries and chemistry between other teams in the west...the same could be said about the spurs and the c's

montez1599
07-27-2009, 12:05 AM
For a team that's been in the finals 2 years in a row I think they'll be fine,one thing their bench has is chemistry,they know each other well, plus if Bynum starts to play to his potential,which I think this will be his breakout year L.A is still the favorites next year,San Antonio made some great moves and could be the only team out there who may be able to dethrone the champs,boston along with cleveland and a bunch of thrown together good players in orlando I don't think are good enough to beat L.A or a healthy San Antonio team but If L.A dosen't sign Odom,it won't look too good for them unless they make some trades before the trade deadline,bottom line,L.A or Spurs(healthy)will win championship next year !

rjvacad
07-27-2009, 12:21 AM

Luke Walton
Adam Morrison
Sasha Vujacic
Shannon Brown
Josh Powell

This is what every other team is hoping for, the Lakers being left by the competition, it is the only way the other team has a chance,

plpfctn
07-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Which contenders got "WAY" better? Sheed to boston to be on the bench? Old shaq to cleveland to replace Z who can at least shoot the ball? Old choke artist VC to Orlando who lost Turkoglu? Marion to dallas to do what? Mediocre RJ to SA to replace their best "kobe stopper"? Andre Miller to Portland was the only good move up, but I still like Rudy and Blake more. Nobody got significantly better. If anything, the Lakers got that smash mouth player they have been missing. If it ain't broke dont fix it, and we pretty much fixed our only problem, while these other teams have to find a way to incorporate these new players into their system while still utilizing the good pieces they already have.

ditto. If Odom resigns, then the Lakers are still the favorite. Unlike the other favorites the Lakers aren't old. Now if Odom leaves, then i think the Lakers are one of the elite teams. they should still win the west and get to the finals but maybe the cavs can beat them. if bynum plays like he did before his injuries, then look out kiddies. people forget that the lakers bench was arguably the best in the NBA two seasons ago and not much has changed. If Sasha rebounds next year and he should, then look out. Also, Shannon Brown is a thug. That man might be the most important player on the bench.

dodie53
07-27-2009, 01:03 AM

unless ofcourse it benefits the team

Legitimate
07-27-2009, 01:05 AM
OK LETS BE REALL THE SPURS ARE A BUNCH OF HAS BEENS THE WINDOWS HAS CLOSED ..SURE THEY HAD A GREAT RUN BUT THATS OVER AND RJ AINT CHANGING THAT.. IM REALLY REALLY SORRY ABOUT THAT BUT ITS THE TRUTH TO SAY THAT THEY ARE THE SUPPERIOR TEAM OVER THE NBA CHAMPIONS AND THEY HAVNT EVEN PLAYED ONE GAME IS REALLY RIDICULAS AND STUPID SO STOP BEING STUPID:rolleyes:

Show some respect dude, seriously. The Spurs been owning for years so you can't just say that there run is over, not yet anyway. They are old, but not that old. I bet this dude is a Lakers fan on another account..haha.. *sighs*

jdricks
07-27-2009, 01:17 AM
I have a lot of respect for the Spurs but if they dont win it this year they just might be done. The core of the team a bunch of 30 somethings still playing and though they are a threat every year age is catching up to them. The injuries over the course of the year are starting to increase and thats not good.

b_rad23
07-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Lakers really will need a bench upgrade or two if they lose Odom (Joe Smith?) and they could use another perimeter defender off the bench.

Shannon Brown is honestly the only guy I'd want to have off of their bench (Sasha is meh, Farmar meh, everyone else is pretty bad...

RVN671
07-27-2009, 01:29 AM
That ****** bench still won a title last year...what does that say about the rest of the comp?

Luke Walton
Adam Morrison
Sasha Vujacic
Shannon Brown
Josh Powell

blastmasta26
07-27-2009, 01:36 AM
That ****** bench still won a title last year...what does that say about the rest of the comp?
Lakers won a title because Celtics and Spurs were injured, Cavs sucked, and because Stan Van Gundy didn't know what he was doing in the finals. Lakers could repeat with Odom back, but bench play is critical in the playoffs and they would have no bench without Odom.

ragee
07-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Even if they have a weak bench... They have a great starting lineup... Kobe and Gasol are one hell of a one two punch... If they re-sign Odom, they will still be a force to be reckoned with... I just hope one of my teams can beat them but I am not going to lie and bash away... Don't count them out just yet... As much as I don't want it, Kobe is the best and complete player in the league...

Illuminati999
07-27-2009, 02:17 AM
Alright since your an IGNORAMUS ill explain it to you!! The Celtics two years ago went 7 games with the 8th seeded Hawks and then 7 games again with the Cavs here read it yourself if you dont believe me ill do your homework for you OK!!

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2008/index.html

Just click on the series you wish to look at!!

My point is Champions are sometimes pushed to 7 games!!!

Originally Posted by DCB/LAL View Post

HAHAHAH... In plain English you said they went to 7 games and won the championship (granted you misspelled it, I guess it's not English class).

Besides, your point is that teams sometimes go to 7 games to win? Um, that was MY point in the first place... Do you even have a point? Don't be butt hurt because you thought the Lakers lasted 7 games with the Celtics in the Finals. Just lick your wounds and stop making yourself look even more stupid.

Illuminati999
07-27-2009, 02:20 AM
And yes i am a Laker fan but at the same time im a fan of the NBA as whole i love the game and try being unbias although sometimes it gets the best of me please dont question me on my knowledge of the game thank you!!:D

I'll question you as long as you think it was a 7 game series 2 years ago in the Finals between the Celtics and Lakers. Just admit when you're wrong, no one is going to point their finger at you.

kevvvo247
07-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Um, I was the original one that came up with the psychic joke. If you don't understand what injury prone means, then you shouldn't even have an account. Repeat offenders (by offenders I mean people who have "freak" injuries), you look at their track record, NOT into a crystal ball.

I asked if people were psychic because they claimed that if someone on their team was healthy, they would have won the championship. I said it's a pointless argument because injuries are apart of the game.

You're not so bright are you?

no demon, wrong again. sorry, i missed your "joke" about being a gyspy. never saw it, but by this statement above, i see that its you who are misinformed. first off, freak injuries don't make one injury-prone, period. you're wrong, go ahead and admit it. injury-prone players usually are the ones with the nagging non-contact related injuries a la stoudamire, jermaine o'neil, shaq (tho not recently). that's what an injury-prone player is. if i crash into your knees, trust me, you're gonna get hurt. if you don't believe me, we can arrange this, right? i'm pretty sure, afterward, you wouldn't consider yourself "injury-prone", but one who suffered a freak injury. i'll ignore your swipes at my brightness because its you who adopts a name from one of the most wicked and darkest institutions ever. you don't know what you're doing, trust me....

Lakers4ItAll
07-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Lakers won a title because Celtics and Spurs were injured, Cavs sucked, and because Stan Van Gundy didn't know what he was doing in the finals. Lakers could repeat with Odom back, but bench play is critical in the playoffs and they would have no bench without Odom.

Right it's not cause they were good or anything :rolleyes:

Storch
07-27-2009, 12:52 PM

It doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning.

DCB/LAL
07-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by DCB/LAL View Post

HAHAHAH... In plain English you said they went to 7 games and won the championship (granted you misspelled it, I guess it's not English class).

Besides, your point is that teams sometimes go to 7 games to win? Um, that was MY point in the first place... Do you even have a point? Don't be butt hurt because you thought the Lakers lasted 7 games with the Celtics in the Finals. Just lick your wounds and stop making yourself look even more stupid.

OMG!!! Are how do I say??? Hmm... just read this........"You went full ******, man; don't ever go full ******!!!!!"

You stated that the Lakers were taken to 7 games by the Rockets and tried to make a big fuss about it so I pointed out that the Celtics 2 years ago went 7 games in 2 of their series first against the 8th seed Hawks and then against the 4th seeded Cavs Never did I Say the Celtics and Lakers went 7 games so stop putting words in my mouth!! I said and ill quote myself "doesn't matter how many games it takes to win it as long as you win it" and what I meant by that was it takes only 16 games to win a championship but it doesn't matter if it takes you 28 games(the most it can take if every series went to a game7) to win all that matters is if you win it!!!

Please remember its ok to go HALF never FULL!!!!

RaiderLakersA's
07-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Lakers won a title because Celtics and Spurs were injured, Cavs sucked, and because Stan Van Gundy didn't know what he was doing in the finals.

Celtics and Spurs could have been healthy and it wouldn't have mattered. The best team won the title this year. Just like the year before...and the year before...and the year before...ad infinitum. The Lakers would have had HCA over both Boston and SA, and you're not going to convince anyone that either the Spurs or Boston would have beaten Ariza, Bynum, Gasol, Fish, Kobe, Odom, et al., in a 7 game series without having home cooking. Lay off the pixie dust.

And I think you're being too harsh on Stan. He wasn't far outmatched in terms of X's and O's. He actually drew up some good plays that gave the Magic a chance to steal a win or two. What failed him were his players. Or put another way, if you can't stop Gasol, and Odom and Ariza are having the kind of spot-on Finals performances that they're having, and even when you've managed to keep it close by forcing Kobe to dish instead of beat you himself, what more can a coach do???

kevvvo247
07-27-2009, 01:06 PM
OMG!!! Are how do I say??? Hmm... just read this........"You went full ******, man; don't ever go full ******!!!!!"

You stated that the Lakers were taken to 7 games by the Rockets and tried to make a big fuss about it so I pointed out that the Celtics 2 years ago went 7 games in 2 of their series first against the 8th seed Hawks and then against the 4th seeded Cavs Never did I Say the Celtics and Lakers went 7 games so stop putting words in my mouth!! I said and ill quote myself "doesn't matter how many games it takes to win it as long as you win it" and what I meant by that was it takes only 16 games to win a championship but it doesn't matter if it takes you 28 games(the most it can take if every series went to a game7) to win all that matters is if you win it!!!

Please remember its ok to go HALF never FULL!!!!

i wouldn't argue with that chick. she's a complete idiot who worships the occult....

RaidLakeDodgers
07-27-2009, 01:17 PM
LMAO let them try & keep up with us , We're already stacked even without lamars inconsistent ***.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2009, 01:24 PM
really, as arrogant as Laker fans sound on this board, the same can be said of Celtics fans last summer, etc. Fans from the current champions have a feeling of invincibility, and there is nothing wrong with that. But, fact is, when the season starts, everyone is 0-0. And we don't know which contender will be healthy come playoff time, which is always a great indicator of who the favorite really is.

Penetra8r
07-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Lakers are world champions and are the team to beat.

Teams who restock in the off season, good luck to them!

Cant wait for the 2009 2010 season

RaiderLakersA's
07-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Lakers are world champions and are the team to beat.

Teams who restock in the off season, good luck to them!

Cant wait for the 2009 2010 season

Well said.:clap::clap::clap:

kevvvo247
07-27-2009, 01:43 PM
really, as arrogant as Laker fans sound on this board, the same can be said of Celtics fans last summer, etc. Fans from the current champions have a feeling of invincibility, and there is nothing wrong with that. But, fact is, when the season starts, everyone is 0-0. And we don't know which contender will be healthy come playoff time, which is always a great indicator of who the favorite really is.

is this you, Mr. Hawkeye15:
"no, there excuse was because they were soft, and Kobe didn't do what a top 10 player ever does, and take over when needed. And I don't think the Lakers win it this year. Kobe is not the man. His rings came from Shaq being the man, we will see. But in my opinion, as long as Kobe is the clear cut top dog on his team, the Lakers will not win it all. No hate here, just what I see, and think"

because if it is, that maybe why you view certain guys as arrogant. when you make bold predictions, you do it for the glory that comes with being correct. however, when they fall so miserably short, you have to take what comes with it.

8double8
07-27-2009, 01:47 PM
first of all vujacic and farmar had injuries earlier in the year and they never came back to form. brown helps out on defense (just watch the series against nuggets). if lamar resigns then thats even better. then our starting 5...d fish gets doubted every year but just watch the finals and see how valuable he is to the team. ron artest is one of the toughest defenders that can also give us 20 pts if asked. then u got pau who matched up well wit dwight (how many other pf/c can do that?) bynum, wen healthy is no doubt a beast. and on top of all that u have KB24 aka finals MVP. i dont kno wat ur smokin but lakers are definitely still one of the best teams on the league.

marques724
07-27-2009, 02:00 PM
How the lakers are being left by the competition. Even if the lakers don't re-sign Odom they are still one of the top five teams in the league and very capable of repeating. If Lamar does come back they would have gotten better in this off-season.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2009, 02:03 PM
is this you, Mr. Hawkeye15:
"no, there excuse was because they were soft, and Kobe didn't do what a top 10 player ever does, and take over when needed. And I don't think the Lakers win it this year. Kobe is not the man. His rings came from Shaq being the man, we will see. But in my opinion, as long as Kobe is the clear cut top dog on his team, the Lakers will not win it all. No hate here, just what I see, and think"

because if it is, that maybe why you view certain guys as arrogant. when you make bold predictions, you do it for the glory that comes with being correct. however, when they fall so miserably short, you have to take what comes with it.

that was 11 months ago, before the season. And I accepted responsibility for it, but keep pointing it out. Cause nobody else makes wrong predictions, right? If you would like to question my basketball knowledge, feel free to PM me, or you can do it here, in which case you will have to resort to my one wrong prediction.

king4day
07-27-2009, 02:03 PM
How the lakers are being left by the competition. Even if the lakers don't re-sign Odom they are still one of the top five teams in the league and very capable of repeating. If Lamar does come back they would have gotten better in this off-season.

If healthy then they are. No denying they may end up with one of the lease favorable benches in the league if Odom doesn't return.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2009, 02:05 PM
and my statement is still true. Like I said, Celtics fans were screaming a year ago that their team can't be beat, just like Laker fans are now. That is natural, simple as that. I wasn't criticizing, but, per usual, a Laker fan saw it as such. What a surprise. I have zero problem admitting I said that comment, but I find it hilarious that so many Laker fans throw it in my face. I could very well do the same thing from the hundreds out outlandish comments that have come from y'all, but why bother?

rjvacad
07-27-2009, 02:08 PM

Why do people have to make up reasons for why the Lakers won, this team was hurt or that team was hurt. Injuries are part of the game like 2 years ago when the Lakers were hurt, just say Lakers won, they did what you needed to do and then come back next year and you'll get us next time. You demean the game by saying this one wouldn't of won if the other team wasn't hurt, it is bull. I didn't hear much complaining when Magic and Nixon were both hurt against the pistons, get over it and move on to next year.