PDA

View Full Version : What Would you do?

Hellcrooner
07-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Lets say you are 20 and have been drafted in the 31-40 range by one of the worst teams in the league.

Your position is clogged you are going to be part of the third string or even fourth because there are some players that even not being natrurally your same position can play at it.

The lousy nba teams offers you the minimum contract for one year and an option on the second but on a non granted contract.

they tell you youll be basically all season in injiry reserver.

at same time a euroleague contender offers you beig a important part of the team and a three year ensured contract of 2 million dollars a year TAX FREE.

what do you do?

rapswin98
07-25-2009, 03:41 PM
go to to europe and prove that I deserve to be on a second string or even first string in the NBA

_Supreme_
07-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Do you really expect people to pick the NBA option?

Going to the European team means you are set for life (if you spend your money wisely), and you actually get to play.

Only an idiot would pick the NBA in this scenario, IMO.

Jamiecballer
07-25-2009, 03:50 PM
I guess I'm an idiot then. If I had enough confidence in my abilities I would stay. Gotta show some love to the team that gave me an opportunity to fulfill my dream of becoming a pro.

It would be different if I was undrafted and offered a tryout but given that somebody rolled the dice on me I wouldn't even considered the other option.

Bucsfan
07-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Loyalty would not be in my thinking, at least fully in my thoughts, i would go to the euroleague then tell that team i want to come back once i refine my skills enough to prove i can start, or at least be a sixth man

i would have to think about myself and my financial situation before anything else, hell if you did go over there i would just stay there, europe is awesome, hot women, lots of history, even if i was making 1mil a year i would stay there

bctgg27
07-25-2009, 03:57 PM
I would stay in the NBA. If I am a possible fourth string, I will probably be placed in the NBDL. I can start there and really impress my team. Then I would get some minutes in the NBA after my stint in the NBDL.

theuuord
07-25-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm waiting to see how you're going to connect this to Ricky Rubio.

Anthony Flores
07-25-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm waiting to see how you're going to connect this to Ricky Rubio.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Hellcrooner
07-25-2009, 11:03 PM
im not.

this has nothing to do with him.

i mean he is not in tht situation he has been drafted igh and is going to play a lot in minnie.

in fact he would already be there in sotta if not for the buy out thing that is starting t onot look good his teams boss wants to **** him and wont accept sotas offers wich is ridicuous he will accept a lower offer from real madrid to **** up rubio.

but as i said it has nothing to do with rubio.

MajorFloridaFan
07-25-2009, 11:10 PM
go to to europe and prove that I deserve to be on a second string or even first string in the NBA

took the words out of my mouth

PBG
07-25-2009, 11:12 PM
im goin where the bigger money is. **** , im broke , i want some loot.

itsripcity32
07-25-2009, 11:12 PM
i dont care im not gonna be in the nba

D-Will4Prez
07-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Well staying here means getting payed for not really doing anything other than following the team around. If I was a fan of the team I would probably stay but if I really didn't care about it I'd take the Euro option.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-26-2009, 04:36 AM
I'd go oversees, make more money, prove oversees that I belong in the NBA, and **** all that fine foreign *****.

GiantMetKnick
07-26-2009, 04:54 AM
Um... Europe. Duh.

dee279
07-26-2009, 05:12 AM
I would go overseas. Get my money and prove the team that drafted me that i could have been that Gilbert Arenas, MO Williams, Micheal Redd, or in other words, 2nd round draft pick that turned all star. Then i would sign with a team(if givin an offer) in the same division so i could show what a mistake they made. If no offer from a division rival, i would take the best offer and avg. about 30 points on the team that drafted me.

ZebraCity916
07-26-2009, 07:31 AM
I would take the NBA offer. If you want to be one of the best you have to play with the best. I would just practice harder and earn minutes.

If NBA doesn't work out and you end up getting cut and can't get on any team then that's when you go to Europe.

Trouble87
07-26-2009, 07:37 AM
The lousy NBA team minimum contract will still be a lot for any 20yr old, I would stick in the NBA and earn my mins in the D-League

In the NBA you get to play against the best the world can offer, whats a better proving ground than that?

DitchDat
07-26-2009, 08:16 AM
I'd go oversees, make more money, prove oversees that I belong in the NBA, and **** all that fine foreign *****.

cs

Jamiecballer
07-26-2009, 02:58 PM
I would go overseas. Get my money and prove the team that drafted me that i could have been that Gilbert Arenas, MO Williams, Micheal Redd, or in other words, 2nd round draft pick that turned all star. Then i would sign with a team(if givin an offer) in the same division so i could show what a mistake they made. If no offer from a division rival, i would take the best offer and avg. about 30 points on the team that drafted me.

I'm confused. You'd come back pissed off at the team that drafted you?

:confused: