PDA

View Full Version : Where does Portland rank in the West now with Andre Miller?

JordansBulls
07-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Where does Portland rank in the West now with Andre Miller?

Lineup
PG Miller
SG Roy
SF Outlaw
PF Aldridge
C Oden

itsripcity32
07-25-2009, 03:12 PM
4th/5th seed
1st round exit

still1ballin
07-25-2009, 03:20 PM
4th/5th seed
1st round exit

+1

J_M_B
07-25-2009, 03:25 PM
I still have them 4th or 5th in Western Conference. Probably a 2nd round exit to the L.A. Lakers. They can make a push for home-court advantages in the first round if Brandon Roy plays at an elite level in the NBA.

1.L.A. Lakers
2.San Antonio Spurs
3.Denver Nuggets
4.Portland Trail Blazers
5.Dallas Mavericks
6.Utah Jazz
7.New Orleans Hornets
8.Golden State Warriors

mitch91
07-25-2009, 03:45 PM
same place i saw them before they had miller and even if they hadn't signed miller.....4th 5th seed.

personally i dont think he makes them all that better. i actually think its a waste personally, the guy cant shoot the 3 at all. but he will surely help with the developmment of oden as miller is probably the best lob passer in the game and he can help greg get easy baskets, also he will take the load of b-roy having to make plays. we will see!

actually il revise my first thoughts and say 3rd/4th/5th seeds! they were close last year to getting a higher seed so perhaps this year they can get a view more wins. i can see them being ahead of the nugs, not the spurs or lakers, but more than likely i see the nugs finishing ahead of them and portland being exactly where they were last year, thought with a slight better chance at moving up a seed or two

Kabowdos
07-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Portland does not move up much on my list with that signing. They could move up though depending on the development of their players (Roy, Oden, Aldridge).

Kakaroach
07-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Still gonna be 4th or 5th seed. Most teams in the West have improved, so even though Miller is a good pick-up, I don't think their contenders.

Kabowdos
07-25-2009, 03:48 PM
same place i saw them before they had miller and even if they hadn't signed miller.....4th 5th seed.

personally i dont think he makes them all that better. i actually think its a waste personally, the guy cant shoot the 3 at all. but he will surely help with the developmment of oden as miller is probably the best lob passer in the game and he can help greg get easy baskets, also he will take the load of b-roy having to make plays. we will see!

actually il revise my first thoughts and say 3rd/4th/5th seeds! they were close last year to getting a higher seed so perhaps this year they can get a view more wins. i can see them being ahead of the nugs, not the spurs or lakers, but more than likely i see the nugs finishing ahead of them and portland being exactly where they were last year, thought with a slight better chance at moving up a seed or two

Personally, personally, personally you are very personal person!

Storch
07-25-2009, 03:49 PM
They can be the nuggets imo. Roy and alridge are beasts. With the pretty good pg that plays some defense, theyre legit.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2009, 03:56 PM
I see the west standings looking like this
LA
San Antonio
Portland
Denver
Dallas
Utah
New Orleans
Golden St

Jays Claw
07-25-2009, 03:58 PM
I have them penciled in as the 4th seed in the Western Conference and I predict they will have a first round exit.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-25-2009, 03:59 PM
i think they can jump the nuggets and be the 3rd best team..

lakers
spurs
blazers
nuggets

mitch91
07-25-2009, 04:02 PM

i tend to write personally becuase there are alot of idiots who will come on and say no your wrong, when all im doing is stating my own personal thoughts so im just showing that i dont think im correct or incorrect just what i think

but kudos on the great post there!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-25-2009, 04:20 PM
'Dre doesn't make them contendors.

Lake-Show
Nuggz
Spurs
Mavs
Blazers
Jazz
Nola
GSW

MTar786
07-25-2009, 04:45 PM
i feel denver has become HIGHLY over rated.. theyre gonna be like the 5th seed IMO
i see the jazz may not even make the playoffs and i think the blazers will be the 4th seed(record wise) behind LA SA and dallas

La
SA
Dallas
Portland
Denver
new orleans
phoenix
clippers

Kakaroach
07-25-2009, 04:49 PM
i feel denver has become HIGHLY over rated.. theyre gonna be like the 5th seed IMO
i see the jazz may not even make the playoffs and i think the blazers will be the 4th seed(record wise) behind LA SA and dallas

La
SA
Dallas
Portland
Denver
new orleans
phoenix
clippers :pity: This is why nobody respects you. The Jazz not make the playoffs? But I could see Portland being the 3rd seed instead of Denver.

YankeeFan89
07-25-2009, 04:56 PM
3rd seed!

CaesarTheParrot
07-25-2009, 05:04 PM
To me the nuggets are a little over-rated right now. Mavericks, Spurs, and Lakers are the obvious top three to me. It could be either Portland or Denver at 4. I have a hard time seeing how Portland doesn't improve their record though.

Unec
07-25-2009, 05:17 PM
i think portland will finish 3rd in the west this season, they are ahead of denver right now and dallas

iggypop123
07-25-2009, 05:26 PM
they might be able to have another parade just for making the second round this time

Pippenfan
07-25-2009, 05:28 PM
i think they can jump the nuggets and be the 3rd best team..

Lakers
spurs
blazers
nuggets

+1

Bruno
07-25-2009, 05:48 PM

La
SA
Dallas
Portland
Denver
new orleans
phoenix
clippers
:clap:
Exactly how I feel, they've done nothing to improve this off season, and Billups is a year older. I wouldn't say they are over rated, theyre just the same team they were last year, but Dallas and Portland have gotten better.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 05:50 PM
If Oden is healthy, I can see them being anywhere 1-4

BULLSFAN0810
07-25-2009, 06:09 PM
the same as they were Last season ... MAYBE better if ODEN can contribute .

tbron
07-25-2009, 06:13 PM
3rd behind la and the spurs.

blazerman
07-25-2009, 06:32 PM
It would take alot for this team to not improve even if an injury occurred they could sustain it better than most becasue of superior depth.

How far they will go next season all depends on how much these young Blazers have grown. I expect to see Oden put most of his doubters to rest and ultimately he will go along way in deciding how well the Blazers do.

The addition of Miller was nice and especially beneficial for Oden but Miller by himself doesnt put the Blazers over the top, the growth of the current core(Roy,Aldridge,Oden,Fernandez) is what will.

The Blazers will be the 2nd seed next yr, keep in mind that the Blazers were tied for the 2nd best record in the west and they are a team on the rise not a team that's gonna stumble around hoping to eek into the playoffs.

The summer isnt over yet either, some team may make another great unexpected move to make them a frontrunner, it happened with a team that was seemingly in for a long season last season in Denver then they add Billups and now poof there contender's. RJ to San Antonio doesnt concern me much a healthy Duncan on the other?

I expect the Mavs to come back up some too in the seeding and RJ or no RJ the Mavs can bounce the Spurs again and a better shot at Denver.

Where ever the Blazers end up is a long ways away and I think Im gonna enjoy the season first before I worry about were they end up.

Lakers4ItAll
07-25-2009, 06:33 PM
I say they are 3rd best now behing LA and SA. I don't see DEN being as good as they were last season

mdabstar
07-25-2009, 06:35 PM

La
SA
Dallas
Portland
Denver
new orleans
phoenix
clippers

man cmon denver is going to finish better than dallas. dallas is not in the top 4. as for the clippers, blake griffin is not going to make them a playoff team.

JordansBulls
07-26-2009, 10:46 PM
If Oden is healthy, I can see them being anywhere 1-4

Imagine Portland the #1 seed?
:speechless:

NBA_Starter
07-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Imagine Portland the #1 seed?
:speechless:

I agree, I see them as either the 1st or 3rd seed.

GoatMilk
07-26-2009, 11:48 PM
4th or 5th at best IMO

i think everyone is overhyping them honestly

st3voness
07-26-2009, 11:53 PM
4th or 5th.

Illuminati999
07-27-2009, 02:30 AM
I still have them 4th or 5th in Western Conference. Probably a 2nd round exit to the L.A. Lakers. They can make a push for home-court advantages in the first round if Brandon Roy plays at an elite level in the NBA.

1.L.A. Lakers
2.San Antonio Spurs
3.Denver Nuggets
4.Portland Trail Blazers
5.Dallas Mavericks
6.Utah Jazz
7.New Orleans Hornets
8.Golden State Warriors

I doubt the Nuggets and Blazer are better than the Mavericks now. I can see a case for the Nuggets, definitely not the Blazers.

Illuminati999
07-27-2009, 02:38 AM
i think portland will finish 3rd in the west this season, they are ahead of denver right now and dallas

HAHAHAHA... in WHAT aspect?

PG: A. Miller
SG: B. Roy
SF: T. Outlaw
PF: L. Aldridge
C : G. Oden

vs.

PG: J. Kidd
SG: J. Howard
SF: S. Marion
PF: D. Nowitzki
C : D. Gooden

The only upper hand the Blazers have is at SG, and not by a significant margin. Even if Dallas played small ball and took Gooden out and put Dirk at 5, moved Howard to 3, Marion to 4, and Terry at 2...

Illuminati999
07-27-2009, 02:41 AM
Granted they were regular season matches, but um... I think the Mavericks were undefeated in last years regular season with the Blazers... 0-4... But then again seeding is not which team can sweep you or not, it's best record. So really, seeding is only useful for home court advantage. Didn't they get a 1st round exit to the Rockets? I could be wrong.

AccUrSeD
07-27-2009, 04:10 AM
Granted they were regular season matches, but um... I think the Mavericks were undefeated in last years regular season with the Blazers... 0-4... But then again seeding is not which team can sweep you or not, it's best record. So really, seeding is only useful for home court advantage. Didn't they get a 1st round exit to the Rockets? I could be wrong.

Don't get your panties in a bunch over someones opinion.

Fact:

Portland > Dallas

Beno7500
07-27-2009, 04:32 AM
4th/5th seed
1st round exit

x2

valade16
07-27-2009, 06:15 AM
HAHAHAHA... in WHAT aspect?

PG: A. Miller
SG: B. Roy
SF: T. Outlaw
PF: L. Aldridge
C : G. Oden

vs.

PG: J. Kidd
SG: J. Howard
SF: S. Marion
PF: D. Nowitzki
C : D. Gooden

The only upper hand the Blazers have is at SG, and not by a significant margin. Even if Dallas played small ball and took Gooden out and put Dirk at 5, moved Howard to 3, Marion to 4, and Terry at 2...

yeah, Jason Kidd, his stock is soaring these days :rolleyes:
Brandon Roy is only a little better than Josh Howard? Planet Maverick has a very different opinion than everyone else apparently.

And Drew Gooden over Oden? There is a reason Gooden finds himself on his 6th team in 7 years.

Dallas is good, but lets not get ahead of ourselves...

blazerman
07-27-2009, 09:06 AM
yeah, Jason Kidd, his stock is soaring these days :rolleyes:
Brandon Roy is only a little better than Josh Howard? Planet Maverick has a very different opinion than everyone else apparently.

And Drew Gooden over Oden? There is a reason Gooden finds himself on his 6th team in 7 years.

Dallas is good, but lets not get ahead of ourselves...

It's funny how they try and make off like they have this great team in Dallas, their team is good but not that good and Portland will have more experience and a healthy Webster to add in let alone the most needed piece an experienced PG and now they have it.

The only team that beat Portland in the last month of the season was Houston and Portland will be much better than last season. I really dont care what others think because I know those teams that grabbed every available player like Dallas was desperate anyway. Let them crown themselves a 2 or 3 seed because it's only July and come february they'll be begging someone to make another deal. Dallas may be good next yr but so will Portland.

stealth33
07-27-2009, 09:15 AM
With all due respect to Aldridge, they are going to need an inside presence that doesn't start relying on jumpshots to get points when he needs them. Miller will help them more than people realize....that guy is just solid as at that spot..but he needs to be the 4th or 5th best player in a starting line up for that team to be considered contenders.

Oden is looking more and more like a dud and I think a lot of people were banking on his progression when you start declaring Portland as a team of the future...without Oden developing they look much less promising. Rudy needs to have a much bigger role this year...that guy is GOOD.

I'd say 3-4 seed. Don't see the slipping much lower than 5 and I am very confident they get out of the first round.

jdricks
07-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Portland is a 4th seed at best because of that conference but they will make the playoffs.

valade16
07-27-2009, 09:30 AM
:rolleyes:
With all due respect to Aldridge, they are going to need an inside presence that doesn't start relying on jumpshots to get points when he needs them. Miller will help them more than people realize....that guy is just solid as at that spot..but he needs to be the 4th or 5th best player in a starting line up for that team to be considered contenders.

Oden is looking more and more like a dud and I think a lot of people were banking on his progression when you start declaring Portland as a team of the future...without Oden developing they look much less promising. Rudy needs to have a much bigger role this year...that guy is GOOD.

I'd say 3-4 seed. Don't see the slipping much lower than 5 and I am very confident they get out of the first round.

They look less promising with Oden not progressing? So if Oden stays exactly where he is were still a 54 win team (in the west) with young developing players such as: Roy, Aldridge, Fernandez, Batum, Fernandez, and Bayless. yeah WAY less promising :rolleyes:

Besides, if Oden can begin to become a somewhat efficient scorer from inside then they've solved that problem haven't they.

Your trying really hard to find something wrong with the Blazers aren't you :eyebrow:

blazerman
07-27-2009, 09:45 AM
:rolleyes:

They look less promising with Oden not progressing? So if Oden stays exactly where he is were still a 54 win team (in the west) with young developing players such as: Roy, Aldridge, Fernandez, Batum, Fernandez, and Bayless. yeah WAY less promising :rolleyes:

Besides, if Oden can begin to become a somewhat efficient scorer from inside then they've solved that problem haven't they.

Your trying really hard to find something wrong with the Blazers aren't you :eyebrow:

What's Marion on his third team in about a month or two, Drew Gooden yeah he's the grand prize of the offseason, I bet he had to give Cuban 6 million just to sign him for 5 million next yr. Losing Bass will hurt more than those two clowns will benefit the Mavs.

The Spurs are viable because of their big three but the Mavs trainer will be busy applying deep heat at halftime to half their players and if Kidd doesnt take his geritol on a regular basis then he's on the sideline at halftime.

Those guys are base heads with all their wild theories.Isnt Kidd due some SSI soon also.

jlee3936
07-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Don't get your panties in a bunch over someones opinion.

Fact:

Portland > Dallas

Fact: Mavs swept the Blazers last season. SWEPT. 4 ****ing games. andre miller....... what a joke. i give portland the 6th seed behind, in no particular order, LA, DAL, SA, DEN, UT/NO.

S-Dot
07-27-2009, 10:11 AM
They will be a better, more experienced team but their seed will be around the same as last year...4th or 5th in the West.

jlee3936
07-27-2009, 10:12 AM
i think the blazers fans are still upset about losing out on hedo and millsap. but hey at least yall got andre freakin miller!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dude is garbage

blazerman
07-27-2009, 10:58 AM
i think the blazers fans are still upset about losing out on hedo and millsap. but hey at least yall got andre freakin miller!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dude is garbage

Hedo would have stayed if we had a few restaurants that served goat balls and horse c**k(Turkish and Texan delicacies), actually Im surprised he didnt sign in Dallas cuz Im sure he could find plenty of those there!

IndiansFan337
07-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Probably 4th in the West. Upside: 3rd. Downside: 5th.

They still desperately lack 3 point shooting. They will still need to find a good amount of minutes for Fernandez, Webster &/or Blake to help stretch the floor for Oden/Przybilla/Aldridge on the block.

mikantsass
07-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Top 2:

Spurs
Lakers

Next two:
Blazers and Nuggets, they can be interchangable. It will be interesting to see where these teams fall if both stay healthy.

5:
Mavs

Lo Porto
07-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Makes them more solid, but it wasn't something to put them over the hump. Unless current players make huge improvements, they are still in that 2nd tier in the West.

driz
07-27-2009, 12:43 PM
LA, San Antonio, Denver and Dallas I see ahead of them. Maybe even Phoenix. I'm going to say 6th....definitely a first round exit.

See some people knocking down Denver a little bit. They showed glimmers last year that are indicating they're going to be one hell of a team this next season.

mrblisterdundee
07-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Portland is now equal with Denver. Either team has a chance to beat Los Angeles, although they'll both have trouble with Ron Artest helping Kobe Bryant on the guards and small forwards.

cowboyz180
07-27-2009, 01:18 PM
i see them 5th behind LA, Spurs, Mavs, and Nuggets.

king4day
07-27-2009, 01:43 PM

Scour the forums for people with 'IMO' or 'honestly' and you'll end up with 10,000 posts critiquing them.

HT9Canada
07-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I hear alot of different opinions but I think Portland can have a much better year than most expect. If their young players continue to improve (Oden,Roy,Aldridge), and have the extremely young guys show their stuff (Bayless,Batum) they have a chance to win the conference.

The Lakers are still amazing, haven't improved too much but still great. If Artest messes things up, could be trouble but we have to remember they won this year and won't give a crap about the regular season.

The Spurs are built for a championship but just want to make the playoffs. Will sit Duncan and Ginobili all the time and set them selves up for the playoffs too. They are old and don't need 70 wins.

The next group, Blazers, Nuggets and Mavs are all interchangeable and I think the reason the Blazers come out on top is because they are younger and are going to do everything possible to win every single game. Not to mention their awesome depth.

C-Oden,Pryzbilla
PF-Aldridge,Rookies
SF-Outlaw,Batum,Webster
SG-Roy,Fernandez
PG-Miller,Bayless,Blake

If they have a great season I think they have a legit chance of winning the conference.
Nevertheless, they won't get passed the second round with the experience of the Lakers, Spurs,Nuggets and Mavs.

Bring on the chirps, i'll tak'em. My opinion is what I expect, not what is expected of me to say to fit in on this forum.

Raph12
07-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Well with the loss of Dahntey Jones and Billups age which will start to play a factor, I think Portland can nab the 3rd seed, keeping in mind that is if Roy, Aldridge and Oden can keep progressing. Andre Miller is a bit underrated, this move by no means puts them with the Lakers and Spurs, but the Blazers will be one of many teams battling for positions 3-8.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Around 4-6.

Spurs and Lakers are automatic above them.

Mavs, Nuggets are going to challenge them.

Utah with a whole season with Boozer and Millsap is dangerous as is the Suns running and gunning all year.

plpfctn
07-27-2009, 03:01 PM
i have them at number 4 in the west, just slightly behind the nuggets. wouldnt surprise me if they get to number 3. oden is key

Reddd
07-27-2009, 03:16 PM
5th, maybe 4th, 2nd round would be a huge improvement

Ansy
07-27-2009, 03:46 PM
I think rookie improvements will have more impact then the Andre acquisition. I expect them to be 3rd-4th, clearly behind LA and SA but close to Den.

jt1bui
07-27-2009, 04:13 PM
I see 5th seed and still a first round exit. Andre Miller is not good enough to put the team over the top. They still cannot guard other teams bigs. They are still behind the Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets, and Mavs. Miller did not even help the Sixers out in the weaker East, theres no way he improves the Blazers in the tough West. This team's success is based around the development of Roy, Oden, and Aldridge. As for the Nuggets, Dahntay Jones was not a great loss. He was an offensive liability. Afflalo's scouting report shows that he plays with the same defensive intensity as Jones but is a much better scorer. A rookie in Ty Lawson is a huge improvement over the liability in Anthony Carter. I don't see Portland finishing ahead of the Nuggets.

JordansBulls
07-27-2009, 05:04 PM
I see 5th seed and still a first round exit. Andre Miller is not good enough to put the team over the top. They still cannot guard other teams bigs. They are still behind the Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets, and Mavs. Miller did not even help the Sixers out in the weaker East, theres no way he improves the Blazers in the tough West. This team's success is based around the development of Roy, Oden, and Aldridge. As for the Nuggets, Dahntay Jones was not a great loss. He was an offensive liability. Afflalo's scouting report shows that he plays with the same defensive intensity as Jones but is a much better scorer. A rookie in Ty Lawson is a huge improvement over the liability in Anthony Carter. I don't see Portland finishing ahead of the Nuggets.

Why would they be behind the Nuggets or Mavs?

sargon21
07-27-2009, 06:38 PM
they could be anywhere from 3-5

dre1990
07-27-2009, 06:48 PM
4th seed, maybe 5th, get to 2nd round

marques724
07-27-2009, 06:51 PM
About the same. I think the lakers and spurs are clearly better and I don't think they are better than the nuggets yet. They were the fourth seed last year that is what they are as of now.

BkOriginalOne
07-27-2009, 06:56 PM
it's interesting that The Blazers keep getting players that played for Denver.
Miller. Blake.

smith&wesson
07-27-2009, 06:59 PM
LA
NO
portland
dallas

b_rad23
07-27-2009, 07:01 PM
4th or 5th...Upset potential

a_igoudala769
07-27-2009, 08:01 PM
I love the starting lineup except for greg oden he is extremly overrated.I still see them as the 4th seed but the should advance to the 2nd round this time.Andre Miller will help in the regular season but you need a stronger more powerful center to advance farther.For example,lakers have pau gasol,orlando has dwight howard,boston has kg(i think hes a center).

Er1c
07-27-2009, 08:06 PM
'Dre doesn't make them contendors.

Lake-Show
Nuggz
Spurs
Mavs
Blazers
Jazz
Nola
GSW

they wont be..but they are over the nuggets.
should be
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Blazers
4. Nuggets
blah blah blah

UofA
07-27-2009, 08:24 PM
3/4, maybe a 5 seed

Lakers
Spurs
Dallas
Portland
Denver
Utah
New Orleans
Clippers

JordansBulls
07-27-2009, 11:36 PM
4th or 5th...Upset potential

Upsetting whom?

Pornstar86
07-28-2009, 02:24 AM
portland has alot of talent on that team, but oden has to stay healthy and have a breakout year if they want to advance..

miller/bayless
roy/fernandez
outlaw/batum
aldridge
oden/pryz

thats a nice young team

IBleedPurple
07-28-2009, 11:44 AM
I'd say around 4th at the moment, behind LA, SA, & DEN

FaceDown91
07-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Where does Portland rank in the West now with Andre Miller?

Lineup
PG Miller
SG Roy
SF Outlaw
PF Aldridge
C Oden

batum starts over outlaw

HouRealCoach
07-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Portland, if they match up with the Lakers in the second round

Miller will kill Fisher
Artest cant contain Roy like he does everyone else
They have a big strong frontcourt which is the type the Lakers struggle against
Blake and Fernandez to stretch the floor and open up lanes
Scorers like Roy, Aldridge, Outlaw, Fernandez, Bayless, and now Miller....

This team only gets better and they will surprise you guys saying that they are a first round exit

Pornstar86
07-28-2009, 01:45 PM
im sorry to all the dallas fans, but dallas is YELLOW...they have absolutely no clutchness on that team...dirk is a stud, but disappears in the playoffs...think back to miami series...

jt1bui
07-29-2009, 12:37 AM
Why would they be behind the Nuggets or Mavs?

They are behind the Mavs because the Mavs have obviously gotten better by obtaining Shawn Marion. The Blazers have done nothing this off-season but sign an overrated point guard in Miller. Howard can move to the 2 and he will have this entire off-season to get healthy again. His injuries last year held the Mavs back. A matchup between these two teams would be like this:
Kidd>Miller
Roy>Howard
Marion>Outlaw
Nowitzki>>Aldridge
Oden>Dampier

Dallas has the advantage of match-ups against the Blazers. Plus Terry coming off the bench is much more of a threat than Fernandez. Howard's defense is much better than Roy's as well. I just can't see them surpassing the Mavs this year. Now here is the matchup against the Nuggets:

Billups>Miller
Roy>Afflalo
Anthony>Outlaw
Aldridge>K-mart
Nene>Oden

Aldridge clearly has better offensive skills than K-mart but can't defend the ball as well as he can. With a full off-season to work with, the team chemistry will be even greater than last year for the Nuggets. Billups now has a lot of time to work with the team. As I said before, Lawson and Afflalo are big upgrades from Carter and Jones.

I'm not saying that match-ups on paper win games but both the Nuggets and Mavs have much more experience than the Blazers. Give a couple of years and they will be a top 3 team in the West.

Patriots
07-29-2009, 12:51 AM
5th or 6th seed

IversonIsKrazy
07-29-2009, 01:38 AM
I got them at 4th, facing the Mavs in the first round. And then losing to them in 6 games.

valade16
07-29-2009, 02:27 AM
They are behind the Mavs because the Mavs have obviously gotten better by obtaining Shawn Marion. The Blazers have done nothing this off-season but sign an overrated point guard in Miller. Howard can move to the 2 and he will have this entire off-season to get healthy again. His injuries last year held the Mavs back. A matchup between these two teams would be like this:
Kidd>Miller
Roy>Howard
Marion>Outlaw
Nowitzki>>Aldridge
Oden>Dampier

Dallas has the advantage of match-ups against the Blazers. Plus Terry coming off the bench is much more of a threat than Fernandez. Howard's defense is much better than Roy's as well. I just can't see them surpassing the Mavs this year. Now here is the matchup against the Nuggets:

Billups>Miller
Roy>Afflalo
Anthony>Outlaw
Aldridge>K-mart
Nene>Oden

Aldridge clearly has better offensive skills than K-mart but can't defend the ball as well as he can. With a full off-season to work with, the team chemistry will be even greater than last year for the Nuggets. Billups now has a lot of time to work with the team. As I said before, Lawson and Afflalo are big upgrades from Carter and Jones.

I'm not saying that match-ups on paper win games but both the Nuggets and Mavs have much more experience than the Blazers. Give a couple of years and they will be a top 3 team in the West.

Does anyone else see the irony of calling Andre Miller and overrated player while talking up Shawn Marion :rolleyes:

What has he done since Mike "Everyone gets inflated stats" D'Antoni? He's done nothing.

At Least Miller had the 76'ers fighting for the playoffs...

Sorry Kidd has lost it. He can still pass insanely good but he is a complete liability on defense, Miller will get around him with ease, and kidd can't shoot to save his life.

Howard a better defender than Roy? You mean bigger defender maybe, but Defensively Roy is no slouch.

Yeah, Terry is a bigger threat off the bench than Fernandez, but luckily teams are comprised of more than 6 players. The Blazers bench annhilates the Mavs'. Przybilla, Webster, Batum, Fernandez, Blake, Bayless.

Chronz
07-29-2009, 02:40 AM
Does anyone else see the irony of calling Andre Miller and overrated player while talking up Shawn Marion :rolleyes:

yes almost instantaneously

J-Relo
07-29-2009, 03:29 AM
top 5

blazerman
07-29-2009, 04:04 AM

What has he done since Mike "Everyone gets inflated stats" D'Antoni? He's done nothing.

At Least Miller had the 76'ers fighting for the playoffs...

Sorry Kidd has lost it. He can still pass insanely good but he is a complete liability on defense, Miller will get around him with ease, and kidd can't shoot to save his life.

Howard a better defender than Roy? You mean bigger defender maybe, but Defensively Roy is no slouch.

Yeah, Terry is a bigger threat off the bench than Fernandez, but luckily teams are comprised of more than 6 players. The Blazers bench annhilates the Mavs'. Przybilla, Webster, Batum, Fernandez, Blake, Bayless.

You summed it up pretty nice. I will add Jason Terry wont be nearly as effective if we move Webster over to guard him(Webster can contain him on the perimeter) and Rudy to the SF position, Webster is 6'7" and can guard the perimeter much better than Rudy and would score at will against Terry.

Barrea will get posted up or blown by by Bayless everytime down the court.

The biggest difference of all will be, all the Mavs players are at the top of their ceiling and not one of the Blazers are even close. A little improvement by even a few of them will be disasterous for opponents especially, if Oden shows development which he will.

Oh I cant wait til the season starts and you'd think Marion would have played alot harder in a contract yr, instead he got shipped out as soon as the Raptors could( there's something to be said about that) so on that note I dont know why Mavs fans act as if Marion is gonna be anything more than a role player. It's obvious the Raptors had already decided to go with Hedo if he was willing to go to Toronto and it turned out that Marion was on his was out before the ink was even dry(I know Marion was a FA but they had no plan on resigning him unless it was a last resort.

And Gooden and Tim Thomas (Im busting a gut right now even typing their names. Im almost positive that Gooden paid Cuban 6 million to agree to sign him for 5 million.:smoking:

Good post by the way. I think the Mavs are not to be taken lightly but I doubt they're all that people are hyping them up to be if the Mavs would have never traded Devin Harris then I'd rate them very high but with Kidd there a 5 seed

RISE ABOVE
07-29-2009, 04:14 AM
3rd or 4th. If Oden develops then they could be scary.

valade16
07-29-2009, 06:51 AM
yes almost instantaneously

To quote Austin Powers "Oh good...then it's not just me."

JordansBulls
07-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Portland, if they match up with the Lakers in the second round

Miller will kill Fisher
Artest cant contain Roy like he does everyone else
They have a big strong frontcourt which is the type the Lakers struggle against
Blake and Fernandez to stretch the floor and open up lanes
Scorers like Roy, Aldridge, Outlaw, Fernandez, Bayless, and now Miller....

This team only gets better and they will surprise you guys saying that they are a first round exit

Portland needs Oden to improve dramatically first to take out LA.