PDA

View Full Version : Would you join the Knicks in 2010?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Would you join the Knicks if they were a losing team and all they offered was money(which your former team can offer more) and their promise that they have the potential(Non Guaranteed) to be a good team?

I'm asking because I want to get an idea of what guys like Lebron, Bosh and other guys might be thinking.

BTW: Don't say no just because you hate the Knicks. I want you to view this in a players POV.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-24-2009, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't be caught dead in a Knick jersey.

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 06:29 PM
I would join any team personally

As far as the superstars like D-Wade, LeBron, Bosh, and even Joe Johnson IMO it will be a tough decision because all of their GMs are trying to build teams around them now. I would love for the Knicks to land a superstar, but I think the best bet for us is going after Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh. New York is a one of a kind city, and I'm pretty sure endorsements increase when you join a city of its caliver. Players like Joe Johnson and CB4 could use that more than LBJ and Wade (Toronto and Atlanta are great cities too nevertheless). It will be the off-the-court factors that will help these stars make their decisions such as the endorsements. But again, these GMs are making improvements to keep their stars so as far as on-the-court situations, some of these stars could stay on their respective teams.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 06:31 PM
I would join only if they have shown a glimer of hope to be a very good team in a year or 2.

OC Knights #11
07-24-2009, 06:36 PM
NO. The Knicks are garbage, the only thing they have is money. No Talent, the only god dam reason they are talked about is because they are from New York. Fact is they haven't been really good since Ewing left.

superkegger
07-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Why would the Knicks offer a contract to a 23 year old white kid who isn't that good at basketball? But you betcha I'd sign that contract.

GyroSlurve
07-24-2009, 06:37 PM
I highly doubt anyone on the PSD is a professional athlete so this thread is a little difficult to answer. However to view your question as a player, i would rely less on the record of the teams and more on the talent level of the club. For instance if i were Lebron (p.s. i'm not) I would see if my current teammates on the cavs are really a better group of players than say the knicks would have. Because lets face it, if Lebron goes on the knicks, even this year, they easily make the playoffs.

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 06:39 PM
I would join only if they have shown a glimer of hope to be a very good team in a year or 2.

Yeah, and when you look at all the stars available in 2010, their teams have gotten better in the offseason (I'm not counting Yao beacuse he's a lock in Houston and T-Mac isn't old form)

LBJ
Dirk
Wade
Amare
CB4
Joe Johnson
Ray Allen, maybe.
I'm sure there are others so I apologize

All these teams have improved in the offseason (The Suns improved by keeping Nash.) It will be tough to decide; endorsements will be the answer IMO.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 06:40 PM
I want you guys to have Lebron or Bosh's POV and think to yourself if you would join.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 06:40 PM
i'd join for 1 yr 50 mil. that should set me for life. Heck, i think i'll be able to feed latrell sprewell's family with that dough

WoodbridgeSkins
07-24-2009, 06:42 PM
i'd join for 1 yr 50 mil. that should set me for life. Heck, i think i'll be able to feed latrell sprewell's family with that dough

You can never feed his kids. He has too many. All the Welfare checks in NYC couldn't feed his kids.

GyroSlurve
07-24-2009, 06:44 PM
NO. The Knicks are garbage, the only thing they have is money. No Talent, the only god dam reason they are talked about is because they are from New York. Fact is they haven't been really good since Ewing left.

Way to use a thoughtful and intelligent answer instead of just calling them trash and...wait nevermind. While i am slightly biased being a knicks fan, it is obvious we have some talent, even to a casual basketball fan as you presumably are. At the very least you can not call Wilson Chandler trash, he is a quality young player. O yea and if i were Lebron I wouldnt be so shortminded as yourself when choosing teams.

NYtilIdie
07-24-2009, 06:44 PM
I don't see why not being a homer either.

We have some studs on our team like Tony Douglas,J.Hill,Chandler,and Gallo. With time these guys can develop into solid players I see Chandler as a future all-star. If we sign Sessions and Robinson we will have a solid team next year. Look at our 2010 roster

PG:Sessions/Robinson/ Douglas
SG:Chandler/Douglas
SF:Lebron?/Gallo
PF:Bosh?/Lebron?
C:Hill/Bosh?

That team can definitely win the East.

p.s. Im not saying were going to get these players im just showing what the roster would look like.

Draco
07-24-2009, 06:46 PM
I'd join the Bulls :cool:

Naptownz_Finest
07-24-2009, 06:47 PM
If I was LJ I would stay in Cleveland. Look how far they went this last season. If he goes to New York they will have to rebuild. If he stays in Cleveland he's going to win a Championship. Let the guys with the money in Cleveland bring a big time free agent to Lebron. He doesn't have to go anywhere....and he won't be.....he loves Cleveland too much.

jakesmail123
07-24-2009, 06:47 PM
yes if i was a superstar and another all star type calibar player was going to sign as well then id go. id probably wait til the other guy signed first tho. lol

WoodbridgeSkins
07-24-2009, 06:48 PM
If I was Lebron, I'd play in Greece and get all that fine, tan, olive-skinned *****!

mrblisterdundee
07-24-2009, 06:49 PM
I would most likely join the Knicks. It would be better than going to school.

GyroSlurve
07-24-2009, 07:02 PM
If I was LJ I would stay in Cleveland. Look how far they went this last season. If he goes to New York they will have to rebuild. If he stays in Cleveland he's going to win a Championship. Let the guys with the money in Cleveland bring a big time free agent to Lebron. He doesn't have to go anywhere....and he won't be.....he loves Cleveland too much.

I am tired of hearing people say the knicks will be rebuilding if Lebron signs with them. True, they are rebuilding and restocking now, but if Lebron signs with them don't try to tell me they won't make the playoffs or will still be rebuilding. Lebron is clearly good enough to at least contend in the east with the current knicks' squad. Also, if someone like Lebron does sign im sure there will be at least a couple ron artest-type players who sign on just to play with lebron and in new york. O yea and just so you guys know, i personally believe he's gunna choose to stay in cleveland.

madiaz3
07-24-2009, 07:11 PM
This topic is dumb because they aren't joining based on potential they are joining based on the condition of the team at the end of 2009-2010 season which can be radically different from what the team is now. It's not like they have to sign a year early to join the Knicks. We'll know whether Danilo is a bust or a true contributer and if Wilson Chandler has reached all-star caliber player, we'll know if Eddy Curry has continued on his pace to lose 50 lbs. Right now all of those questions are unanswered, so you're just making a poll now in which many people will say no because you're asking way too early and in such a way where the safe answer is no at the moment. If the Knicks sign Sessions however, If I was Bosh or Lebron and they failed to reach winning(er) results this season then that would be enough of a nucleus of talent for me to set my mind a season early yes.

NYKnickFanatic
07-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Wtf, another Knicks thread about 2010?

:sigh:

knicks09
07-24-2009, 07:26 PM

How do we not have talent if we have Wilson Chandler, Danillo Gallinari, and Toney Douglas, not to mention we are the 2nd youngest team in the east. Plus every team in the NBA has talent so u really shouldent say that at all to any team

arkanian215
07-24-2009, 07:26 PM
it's all about the ring...well maybe not all about it. i wouldnt take 1 mil a year if i can get 18 mil. there needs to be a balance and while ny is a really good market to sell my stuff...i know people will buy my stuff regardless because i am that good. whether you're a knicks fan or a cavs fan, except for rivals of course, there's no reason not to buy my gear. i like what's going on in cleveland because management has shown me that they're willing to dole out the money to get a championship team. we'll have some cap space in 2010 and could land a star or a couple of good players to help us win. in the end i'm leaning towards staying home because they can offer me more, i can still win a ring with them, and people around the world will love me regardless of what team i play for. buy my gear! and no more videos of me getting dunked on.

knickerbockerny
07-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Would you join the Knicks if they were a losing team and all they offered was money(which your former team can offer more) and their promise that they have the potential(Non Guaranteed) to be a good team?

I'm asking because I want to get an idea of what guys like Lebron, Bosh and other guys might be thinking.

BTW: Don't say no just because you hate the Knicks. I want you to view this in a players POV.

Cry me a river... point blank there is a high chance that Chris Bosh is going to leave the Raps. There is also a high chance that he leaves to sign with the Knicks. Why wouldn't he? If you want to be a transcendent spots figure, in this case a basketball star you have to come to a big city. Why does he want to play second fiddle in a hockey town in a hockey country.

NYY NYJ NYK
07-24-2009, 07:59 PM
maybe if they offer alot of money. Then I am set for life =)

slaker619
07-24-2009, 08:05 PM
I Live In NYC And Lov It And The Attractions Will Bring The Player Here But The Only Player I See The Knicks Gettin Is J.Johnson & T.Chandler Or Manu

zambo4president
07-24-2009, 08:11 PM
I would MUCH rather be a winner than ridiculously rich. Id take the smaller contract on the good team, because i mean its still NBA money you will make enough to live very comfortably for the rest of your life and you have the shot at championships.

knickerbockerny
07-24-2009, 08:16 PM
I Live In NYC And Lov It And The Attractions Will Bring The Player Here But The Only Player I See The Knicks Gettin Is J.Johnson & T.Chandler Or Manu

I beg to differ, there is no way the Knicks are going to have interest in Manu, the guy is banged up. I could see Joe Johnson most definetly and one of the big men Bosh or Amare. Amare already hinted at New York as a destination.

Draco
07-24-2009, 08:32 PM
This topic is dumb because they aren't joining based on potential they are joining based on the condition of the team at the end of 2009-2010 season which can be radically different from what the team is now. It's not like they have to sign a year early to join the Knicks. We'll know whether Danilo is a bust or a true contributer and if Wilson Chandler has reached all-star caliber player, we'll know if Eddy Curry has continued on his pace to lose 50 lbs. Right now all of those questions are unanswered, so you're just making a poll now in which many people will say no because you're asking way too early and in such a way where the safe answer is no at the moment. If the Knicks sign Sessions however, If I was Bosh or Lebron and they failed to reach winning(er) results this season then that would be enough of a nucleus of talent for me to set my mind a season early yes.

There are teams FAs can go to in 2010 that are better than the Knicks regardless of how the issues involving Wilson, Danilo, Curry or Sessions turn out in a year from now. The question from the OP wasn't asked too early. There's just not enough time for the Knicks to build a foundation that's attractive to 2010 FAs. You don't even have a draft pick in 2010.

vash9
07-24-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't know about any other people, but i'd sign that contract in a heartbeat. If they want a 5'8, 17 year old, who can hit 4/10 3pointers on their team, i won't question them.

B.JenningsMVP
07-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Depends how much $$$ i get & what moves they've made by then

dtmagnet
07-24-2009, 08:58 PM
In your hometown you are a hero, if you leave to go to New York you might feel more like a hired gun. If you don't come in and immediately start producing results the fanbase might turn on you, this would be a huge concern for me. Plus not every person love the lifestyle of a big city. Personally I live a short distance from Toronto (which is a big city but not as big as NY) and I love going down there for the day to see a baseball or basketball game, but there is no way I would ever want to live there. Finally the money factor comes in, your home team can pay you more money than any other team and I have a hard time believing that once you play for New York your endorsements suddenly skyrocket (I mean unless you sell out big time and start hocking used electronics etc.) Lebron/Bosh/Johnson/Amare and co. are all heroes in their home towns, take all these factors into play and I think you have the odds being more likely that they stay where they are rather than take a risk and make a big change like that.

madiaz3
07-24-2009, 08:58 PM
There are teams FAs can go to in 2010 that are better than the Knicks regardless of how the issues involving Wilson, Danilo, Curry or Sessions turn out in a year from now. The question from the OP wasn't asked too early. There's just not enough time for the Knicks to build a foundation that's attractive to 2010 FAs. You don't even have a draft pick in 2010.

You're reading it all wrong. We're confident as ever that we have all we need ready, we're not trying to build it, this upcoming season is just to show it to the rest of the league that it is not all talk. Even so, these "better teams" lack the pull of NY no matter how little of a draw you believe that is.

JWO35
07-24-2009, 08:59 PM
If I was an All-Star, I would join the Knicks just because it's a big market...

posner08
07-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Hell, I would even join the Clippers or the Kings. I'm so bad at basketball that if the damn Tulsa 66ers wanted to pay me I'd accept.

29$JerZ
07-24-2009, 09:07 PM
People who makes threads like these just to rip on NY are sad.
NY has a supporting cast with no star. Add a star and you have instant playoff team.

If your LeBron you view Cleveland's supporting cast against NY,NJ

In 2010 your looking at

NY - Wilson Chandler(23), Danilo Gallinari(22), Jordan Hill(23)
We are close to getting Sessions so that would be our Pg who would only be 25 in 2010
Center we still need but we aren't the only team who could use a good Center.
We have enough for 1 MAX star, if Jared or Eddy is moved that 2 Max

NJ - Devin Harris(28), Courtney Lee (25),Brook Lopez (23)
NJ has enough for 2 MAX star

Cleveland - Mo Williams (28), Delonte West (27), Anderson Varajao(28)
With the extension to AV they don't ahve enough to bring in another star, nor the pieces to trade for one.

So in order

NJ - Best place to go Talent Wise, more proven than NY and a lot better than Cleveland
NY - 2009 season will tell if these players can attract FA's to come here but that's a cheap young core. Mike D'Antoni is our coach and that also helps.
Cleveland - Honestly he may be talented enough to make Cleveland's team a power house but that core won't last nor is it good enough for a championship run.

I believe my Knicks need a PG and dominant Center more but with the lack of both LeBron would be the best player to get.

As for Bosh its up to him, does he want the spot light? Or does he just want to be the go to guy no matter where he goes?

J_M_B
07-24-2009, 09:24 PM
I join any team if they gave me a 20+million dollar contract, who cares if it's the Knicks. I'll be set for life :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

aussiepiston
07-24-2009, 09:26 PM
NY has a supporting cast with no star. Add a star and you have instant playoff team.

In 2010 your looking at

We are close to getting Sessions so that would be our Pg who would only be 25 in 2010

With the extension to AV they don't ahve enough to bring in another star, nor the pieces to trade for one.

So in order

NJ - Best place to go Talent Wise, more proven than NY and a lot better than Cleveland
NY - 2009 season will tell if these players can attract FA's to come here but that's a cheap young core. Mike D'Antoni is our coach and that also helps.
Cleveland - Honestly he may be talented enough to make Cleveland's team a power house but that core won't last nor is it good enough for a championship run.

I believe my Knicks need a PG and dominant Center more but with the lack of both LeBron would be the best player to get.

As for Bosh its up to him, does he want the spot light? Or does he just want to be the go to guy no matter where he goes?

How much cap room do the Nets have? Lee and Lopez are on rookie contracts and Lopez is gonna be something special. Harris is all star quality, that is a solid core that would be DEADLY with one max FA, let alone two

knicks09
07-24-2009, 09:28 PM
People who makes threads like these just to rip on NY are sad.NY has a supporting cast with no star. Add a star and you have instant playoff team.

In 2010 your looking at

So in order

I was just about to say the same thing. Amazing how its so noticible

vash9
07-24-2009, 09:38 PM

In 2010 your looking at

So in order

I agree with you man. I find it pointless to bash on a team especially in a thread where it has nothing to do with ANOTHER team. If that's understandable. But yes.

I also like how you think man. You're a Knicks fan, yet open to all possibilities.

NJ has the young talent, NY has the cash/market and can improve.

For all we know, Bosh + Wade + LBJ can end up in Charlotte. Who knows.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 09:39 PM
How am I trying to rip on NY?

I just want to know how other people would react to the situation if they were someone like Chris Bosh or Lebron James.

Draco
07-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Non-Knick fans aren't as optimistic as Knick fans about their team or chances of landing a top tier 2010 FA.. that doesn't mean anyone's been hating on their team.

29$JerZ
07-24-2009, 09:49 PM

I just want to know how other people would react to the situation if they were someone like Chris Bosh or Lebron James.

First of all you start out with a sentence stating all we can offer is money because we have absolutely no talent at all. We turned around the Isiah mess in 1 season and have a more talented and younger team. We are one of the youngest teams in the NBA.

I'm not saying you intentionally made this thread to rip on NY but you should watch how you use words.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 10:00 PM
First of all you start out with a sentence stating all we can offer is money because we have absolutely no talent at all. We turned around the Isiah mess in 1 season and have a more talented and younger team. We are one of the youngest teams in the NBA.

I'm not saying you intentionally made this thread to rip on NY but you should watch how you use words.

1 of the main reasons people want to go to NY is money.

And I said the potential to be a good team. I had in mind that they had good guys and had the talent to be good.

knicks09
07-24-2009, 10:12 PM

well its obvious more than half the people are gonna vote no and say "Knicks suck, hell no" b/c there are so many knick haters already but its all good

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 10:19 PM
^

I even posted don't say no just because you hates the Knicks. I wanted a real answer and wanted to make this thread reasonable. Don't try to blame me for anything. I just wanted a reasonable answer. Blame the other guys.

oak2455
07-24-2009, 10:34 PM

How Bout them Bucks:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: you gotta be kidding:confused:

KobeIs
07-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Why would the Knicks offer a contract to a 23 year old white kid who isn't that good at basketball? But you betcha I'd sign that contract.

ahahaha :clap:

still1ballin
07-24-2009, 11:31 PM
no

RocketsFan4Life
07-24-2009, 11:38 PM
if i was looking for money I would join the knicks but if i was lookig to win then i would probably go somewhere else but if i was good like lebron i would ask for a 8 year 200 million dollar contract. I would sign that in a heart beat

xwashableclothx
07-25-2009, 12:03 AM
i really don't see Lebron or Wade leaveing there current situations to go to New York where they will have to wait a few years before being serious contenders
i really don't think New York can afford 2 superstars like Lebron/Bosh toghether with the cap going down

maybe someone like Joe Johnson or Amare could be lured in by Dantonni, add one of them and maybe an older play such as Tmac

JMKnick33
07-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Knicks fans, only we understand.

Only we understand that this past year has been a HUGE success. A 10 game winning increase doesn't sound like much, but it does if you've had to go through the past 6 years of Isaiah's mess.

Only we understand how bad we were the past 6-7 years that last year was the 'fix this mess up' year.

Only we understand that sending pretty good players (Zach and Jamal) out of town, and possibly sacrificing the playoffs last year, was to have a fresh new start AND have hopes of signing someone big in 2010.

Only we understand that New York is a big market, and that it's not only the media hyping New York as a big market, but that it really truly is.

Only we understand that the Knicks this year may not be a playoff team, but seeing an improvement last year can only expect even more improvement.

Only we understand that this Knicks team will be a completely different team with only 6 (7 if we can get Sessions) players are under contract past 2010 and a handful of players that people think will never help win a championship (Harrington, Milicic, Hughes) will be GONE!

I can keep going. But only we understand that it's so easy for people to hate on New York, even after all we've done is... ummm.. i dunno actually? Won nothing in almost a decade? Haven't gotten any superstars in the past decade? That's something i guess only we don't understand. But it's alllll good. Cuz we'll still bleed orange and blue til the day we die.

yanksknicksgmen
07-25-2009, 12:17 AM
i would join the knicks:D

ink
07-25-2009, 12:17 AM
I would love for the Knicks to land a superstar, but I think the best bet for us is going after Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh.

The big problem with that is that the Knicks are having such a hard time building a foundation. JJ and Bosh would be crazy to leave teams with a solid foundation just for the chance to play in NYC. I'm honestly surprised at how little progress Walsh has made even though they seem to have drafted well this year.

Don't hate on me if you disagree. lol. Tell me how much the team has improved and what foundation Walsh has laid for free agency in 2010.

29$JerZ
07-25-2009, 12:26 AM
The big problem with that is that the Knicks are having such a hard time building a foundation. JJ and Bosh would be crazy to leave teams with a solid foundation just for the chance to play in NYC. I'm honestly surprised at how little progress Walsh has made even though they seem to have drafted well this year.

Don't hate on me if you disagree. lol. Tell me how much the team has improved and what foundation Walsh has laid for free agency in 2010.

You have to remember he came into a situation where Isiah left us in a mess. In his first season as a Knick GM he had to wipe the majority of Isiah's roster.

We started with these bums on our roster

Stephon Marbury
Mardy Collins
Jamal Crawford
Quentin Richardson
Renaldo Balkman
Zach Randolph
Jerome James

And he turned that into

AL Harrington
Cuttino Mobley
Larry Hughes
Darko Millicic

Nobody thought he could take this roster and overhaul it so fast.

The foundation he left us with is a solid young core that only counts to 8 million in 2010

Tony Douglass
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Jordan Hill

That's a bright future considering last year we had Jamal,Marbury,Mardy,etc on our roster :pity:

And of course a lot will say that's not great talent but that's the best we were able to get considering where Isiah left us.

2010 is more than just LBJ, it's about having the oppurtunity to build around a player. There are plenty of teams worse than the Knicks yet we get the majority of hate:confused:

Draco
07-25-2009, 12:32 AM
If the Knicks manage to sign a 2nd tier FA in 2010.. they might be able to build on their foundation in 2011s FA market. But I doubt very much that a contending team is going to be built for the 2010/11 season.

ink
07-25-2009, 12:43 AM
You have to remember he came into a situation where Isiah left us in a mess. In his first season as a Knick GM he had to wipe the majority of Isiah's roster.

Stephon Marbury
Mardy Collins
Jamal Crawford
Quentin Richardson
Renaldo Balkman
Zach Randolph
Jerome James

And he turned that into

AL Harrington
Cuttino Mobley
Larry Hughes
Darko Millicic

The foundation he left us with is a solid young core that only counts to 8 million in 2010

Tony Douglass
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Jordan Hill

That's a bright future considering last year we had Jamal,Marbury,Mardy,etc on our roster :pity:

And of course a lot will say that's not great talent but that's the best we were able to get considering where Isiah left us.

2010 is more than just LBJ, it's about having the oppurtunity to build around a player. There are plenty of teams worse than the Knicks yet we get the majority of hate:confused:

Thanks for laying that out so clearly.

Here's my problem with the 2010 hope/speculation in general. People seem to only think of the cap room their team is going to have to build a team around a star. But it doesn't really work that way, and an player and agent would be crazy to think that way. They could be leaving a situation they aren't optimistic about (Lebron for example) and going to a far worse situation. It seems to me the team they're headed towards needs a hell of a lot more than cap room to lure a star. It needs a proven foundation. A core that has won together and only needs one more piece to go over the top. That's not the same as a team that has the cap room to make itself over completely in one off-season.

jacquewho?
07-25-2009, 12:52 AM
It really depends on what kind of guy you are.

if I had to make my decision right now, no. I would want to see a winning team be on that floor before I decided to commit to a franchise that isn't making much progress. Looking at it right now, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Now would i do it just for the money? No, cause I'm not that kind of guy. but I'm sure a lot of other people would disagree with me there and would take the money over playing to win.

BradHolt4CYoung
07-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Well if they sign a big gut doesn't that make them contenders

PG- Sessions-they seem to be pushing hard he will probably sign with them
SG- Chandler
SF- Lebron
PF-Lee
C-Jordan Hill

that seems pretty good. Also if you are a superstar coming to NYC that is so much cash in contract and endorsement deals. and stars love cash. I would do it. They may not be that bad with Lebron/Wade.

IversonIsKrazy
07-25-2009, 02:52 PM
If I was LeBron, i would stay, they went pretty far last year, and are only going to get better, plus its his hometown.

If i was Wade, i would leave. Miami hasnt done ***** since Shaq.

If I was Amare, w/o a doubt im leaving. Im not staying with a team that has Steve Kerr as GM.

If I was Bosh, im not sure then. A lot of teams want him in 2010, but i'd only leave if there was a guarentee team that needed me, like if Wade was already signed with NY, then i'd go, otherwise i would play the waiting game.

If I was JJ, I am leaving. They have made Atlanta as good as they can get, there not going to get much better, nor are they a championship-contending team, im leaving to win sumwere else.

Brooklyn Mets
07-25-2009, 03:05 PM

:laugh:

itsripcity32
07-25-2009, 03:16 PM
if they paid me 25mil a season

thescore53
07-25-2009, 03:27 PM
people forget lebron plays in his hometown i would never leave my hometown

aNYer
07-25-2009, 05:08 PM
^

I even posted don't say no just because you hates the Knicks. I wanted a real answer and wanted to make this thread reasonable. Don't try to blame me for anything. I just wanted a reasonable answer. Blame the other guys.

I believe you. Seen your posts before. You have to realize he is coming from a place of having everyone in the country enjoy you sucking. I know your intentions were not bad but I knew when I read the thread title all the no F new york they suck posts there were going to be.
On to the question. What people are forgetting is the guys you are talking about are a foundation in them selves. Wade took a team that won few games and carried them into the playoffs. And I know this might anger a cavs fan but I don't think the cavs have built a good team. I think Lebron makes them, and there is not 1 player other then James that people fear. If Mo was a teams number 1 option he could be shut down fairly easily.
Also New York is really rebuilding for the first time in a decade and in just one season we cleared a lot of cap. If it wasn't for the economy I think we coulda cleared it all by next season but as it stands right now if no more moves are made we will have enough money for a max FA in 2 consecutive seasons.

I could go more in depth into why we are a better team this year then last like having an actual center but I think other knicks fans have done well enough in the other posts.

aNYer
07-25-2009, 05:12 PM
people forget lebron plays in his hometown i would never leave my hometown

No one forgets that, but that is you. Some people leave their house at 18 and others leave at 35. I have visited 40 countries (exaggerating a little). Lebron has stated he wants to be a billionaire international star. If after this season he feels that is attainable in Cleveland he will resign but if he feels the team has not set itself up properly then he will explore his options. So many teams have cleared cap room just for next year and there are a couple of really good options in those teams, even if its not the knicks.

Kakaroach
07-25-2009, 05:14 PM
No, winning over playing in New York.

jetsfan89
07-25-2009, 05:20 PM

Stephon Marbury
Mardy Collins
Jamal Crawford
Quentin Richardson
Renaldo Balkman
Zach Randolph
Jerome James

And he turned that into

AL Harrington
Cuttino Mobley
Larry Hughes
Darko Millicic

Tony Douglass
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Jordan Hill

i like this post.

im a nets fan but i watch plenty of knicks games. I really liked what i saw from Chandler and Gallinari in limited time. I also liked what Walsh did with the roster. He's not just trying to create cap room. He's trying to create a winning culture on a team that has been a joke for the last few years. Its not easy to do but i think Walsh has done as great a job as he could possibly have done.

Also, what i seem to notice is that non-knicks fans think knicks fans are Lebron or Bust. Thats not the case at all.

OC Knights #11
07-25-2009, 05:36 PM
How do we not have talent if we have Wilson Chandler, Danillo Gallinari, and Toney Douglas, not to mention we are the 2nd youngest team in the east. Plus every team in the NBA has talent so u really shouldent say that at all to any team

lol because that is not talent. Simple. I don't like the cavs either, but they have more talent then the fricken knicks.

dee279
07-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Id take it.

dee279
07-25-2009, 05:39 PM
I would love to just get paid the Min. and they can just sit me on the bench. Shiid i can be the Mark Blount on the knicks team. Give me 7 mil and i promise you i will be happy to sit on the bench and watch the game every single job day of my life until my contract is up.

OC Knights #11
07-25-2009, 05:40 PM
How Bout them Bucks:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: you gotta be kidding:confused:

I don't remember me saying anything about the bucks. See us bucks fans are realistic, we know we our team sucks. Unlike the knicks fans that are out of their dam minds for thinking NBA stars want to come to their team.

Let's just see what team is better 5 years from now, Bucks or Knicks. I think the Bucks have a better future.

Reyes6
07-25-2009, 05:46 PM
I'd join them... not every day you get the chance to be a franchise savior.

KnicksR4Real
07-25-2009, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't be caught dead in a Knick jersey.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a Lakers jersey either buddy

KnicksR4Real
07-25-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't remember me saying anything about the bucks. See us bucks fans are realistic, we know we our team sucks. Unlike the knicks fans that are out of their dam minds for thinking NBA stars want to come to their team.

Let's just see what team is better 5 years from now, Bucks or Knicks. I think the Bucks have a better future.

In your dreams, the Knicks are about to sign Sessions, and you guys lost Jefferson. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't be caught dead in a Lakers jersey either buddy

I'm not a Lakers fan, BUDDY!

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:08 PM
In your dreams, the Knicks are about to sign Sessions, and you guys lost Jefferson. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

A Knicks fan fighting with a Bucks fan. That is awesome!

MPScribbles
07-25-2009, 06:19 PM
What kills me is that Knicks fans claim to be so high on all their young talent yet they have booed every pick since Ewing. I think a little of this is just trying to put a positive spin on a team that is currently pretty bad. Also, I haven't watched many(probably none) Knick games recently. Could someone please tell my why Chandler is a supposed all-star in the making? His shooting percentage is pretty garbage, his three is even worse- this on a Mike D'Antoni coached team- he rebounds pretty average. He seems to have decent defensive numbers but not sure about his actual defensive play. Someone please explain if they can.

knickerbockerny
07-25-2009, 06:23 PM
lol because that is not talent. Simple. I don't like the cavs either, but they have more talent then the fricken knicks.

That's not talent, are you serious? Have you seen Chandler ball? Few have seen what Gallo could do because he was injured and played limited minutes, but that boy is a problem. Scouts are saying he may be the best pure shooter in the NBA next season.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:25 PM
That's not talent, are you serious? Have you seen Chandler ball? Few have seen what Gallo could do because he was injured and played limited minutes, but that boy is a problem. Scouts are saying he may be the best pure shooter in the NBA next season.

Is it cold in the basement?

MPScribbles
07-25-2009, 06:28 PM

LOL. It works on two levels and both are funny!

gregd111
07-25-2009, 06:28 PM
I think a lot of us fans underestimate the ego on some of these players.

And these ego's can sway superstars two ways...

1- Signing or staying with a team who are proven winners. Feeling too good for teams in rebuilding mode.

2- Imagine what type of Legacy Lebron James or Dwayne Wade would build for them selves if they were to go to New York and win a few rings. Bigger than any legacy they can create for themselves in any other situation.

I feel like that thought is in the back of a few of these players minds.

Draco
07-25-2009, 06:35 PM
I think a lot of us fans underestimate the ego on some of these players.

And these ego's can sway superstars two ways...

1- Signing or staying with a team who are proven winners. Feeling too good for teams in rebuilding mode.

2- Imagine what type of Legacy Lebron James or Dwayne Wade would build for them selves if they were to go to New York and win a few rings. Bigger than any legacy they can create for themselves in any other situation.

I feel like that thought is in the back of a few of these players minds.

Based on market, their legacy would be no bigger than if he were to play in Chicago. Since Chicago has a better team and thus a better chance to win.. I'd think Lebron or Wade would have bigger legacy with the Bulls than if he were to play on the Knicks.

knickerbockerny
07-25-2009, 06:36 PM
What kills me is that Knicks fans claim to be so high on all their young talent yet they have booed every pick since Ewing. I think a little of this is just trying to put a positive spin on a team that is currently pretty bad. Also, I haven't watched many(probably none) Knick games recently. Could someone please tell my why Chandler is a supposed all-star in the making? His shooting percentage is pretty garbage, his three is even worse- this on a Mike D'Antoni coached team- he rebounds pretty average. He seems to have decent defensive numbers but not sure about his actual defensive play. Someone please explain if they can.

First off New York fans boo just about every pick. It's almost always a dissappointment, from the NFL draft with the Giants and Jets, to the NBA draft, no matter who the pick is. When Mark Sanchez was selected by the Jets there were a few boo birds, lol.

You answered your own question, watch a few Knicks games, however you can, and you'll see exactly why we feel that Chandler is going to be good. The reason why his percentages were sort of low is because last year was basically his rookie season... Isiah did not play his young guys because he was fighting for his job so he played the veterans. He was going through his growing pains. If you look at his stats his numbers increased every month as his confindence grew. In the last month of the season he shot 47.6% from the field and 43% from three. With all of that said the boy brings explosiveness to the game.

Reyes6
07-25-2009, 06:37 PM
I hope the Knicks get good soon, It's really sad to see a big fanbase try to defend such utter crap on an annual basis.

knickerbockerny
07-25-2009, 06:38 PM

Is it, we did not have the worst record in the league?

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:39 PM
First off New York fans boo just about every pick. It's almost always a dissappointment, from the NFL draft with the Giants and Jets, to the NBA draft, no matter who the pick is. When Mark Sanchez was selected by the Jets there were a few boo birds, lol.

You answered your own question, watch a few Knicks games, however you can, and you'll see exactly why we feel that Chandler is going to be good. The reason why his percentages were sort of low is because last year was basically his rookie season... Isiah did not play his young guys because he was fighting for his job so he played the veterans. He was going through his growing pains. If you look at his stats his numbers increased every month as his confindence grew. In the last month of the season he shot 47.6% from the field and 43% from three. With all of that said the boy brings explosiveness to the game.

You answered why no one wants to come to New York. The fans are *******s and show no consistent love to the players. You can score 50 pts one night and the next night go 3-15 from the field and the fans curse you.

Hustla23
07-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Based on market, their legacy would be no bigger than if he were to play in Chicago. Since Chicago has a better team and thus a better chance to win.. I'd think Lebron or Wade would have bigger legacy with the Bulls than if he were to play on the Knicks.
lol New York is a far larger market than Chicago. By atleast 3x.

New York is the largest market in the world, not just America.

Hustla23
07-25-2009, 06:40 PM
You answered why no one wants to come to New York. The fans are *******s and show no consistent love to the players. You can score 50 pts one night and the next night go 3-15 from the field and the fans curse you.
Haha I won't deny the *****iness of the fans.

But I'll tell you this. No player is loved more than in New York when they make stuff happen.

It's a make or break situation.

Derek Jeter anybody? He is the most overrated player in the game and is going to make the hall of fame.

If the dude played for the Indians, nobody would have heard of him.

That's why players like playing in New York. The legacy is amplified tremendously. Sometimes deservedly, sometimes not. But the exposure is there.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Is it, we did not have the worst record in the league?

Knicks have been living in the basement for years.

Draco
07-25-2009, 06:41 PM

Who cares.. the point was that Chicago's market is sufficiently large enough to make the issue irrelevant. The Greatest of All Time never wanted for endorsement deals or limelight..

HOZ THE KNICK
07-25-2009, 06:42 PM
knicks 4 life.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Haha I won't deny the *****iness of the fans.

But I'll tell you this. No player is loved more than in New York when they make stuff happen.

It's a make or break situation.

No doubt they'll love you for great play, but that can change in 24 hours. I hate to say it but I think New York is cursed when it comes to FA.

Hustla23
07-25-2009, 06:44 PM
No doubt they'll love you for great play, but that can change in 24 hours. I hate to say it but I think New York is cursed when it comes to FA.
lol Huh?

How are we cursed?

We haven't had cap space to sign anybody in over a decade.

And when we did we signed LJ and others and that made us contenders.

Hardly cursed.

I think we have similar luck next year :)

knickerbockerny
07-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Knicks have been living in the basement for years.

Man ask you favorite player Lamar Odom who his favorite team is.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:47 PM
lol Huh?

How are we cursed?

We haven't had cap space to sign anybody in over a decade.

And when we did we signed LJ and others and that made us contenders.

Hardly cursed.

I think we have similar luck next year :)

No one really wants to stay in New York. Why would FAs want to come. Wait till next year. New York is going to flood from all the Knicks fans tears. I've always wanted to taste your tears. MMM

Hustla23
07-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Who cares.. the point was that Chicago's market is sufficiently large enough to make the issue irrelevant. The Greatest of All Time never wanted for endorsement deals or limelight..
lol You said the market were comparable... yes to a certain extent. But definitely not at the same level.

And Jordan never wanted endorsement deals and limelight?

Uhh... I'm going to ignore that.... I had hope that you were smarter than that.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Man ask you favorite player Lamar Odom who his favorite team is.

I don't like Lamar Odom. The sig is from a thread that lasted 75 pages/over 1000 post in 5 hours. It has to do with his candy addiction.

I am a Wizards fan and my favorite player is Caron Butler.

Hustla23
07-25-2009, 06:50 PM
No one really wants to stay in New York. Why would FAs want to come. Wait till next year. New York is going to flood from all the Knicks fans tears. I've always wanted to taste your tears. MMM
lol And again you base your comments on absolutely nothing except your own hateful, dimwitted intelligence. The last time we did have cap space, we got the players we wanted.

We'll see what happens. I don't dislike you for your ignorance and unnecessary hatred, I'm just going to be very happy for myself when we finally do succeed :)

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 06:52 PM
lol And again you base your comments on absolutely nothing except your own hateful, dimwitted intelligence. The last time we did have cap space, we got the players we wanted.

We'll see what happens. I don't dislike you for your ignorance and unnecessary hatred, I'm just going to be very happy for myself when we finally do succeed :)

I don't dislike you either buddy! I'm just trying to be a friend. Get your life jacket now. I don't want you to drown in all those Knick fan tears. You can stay with me and my family next summer.

Draco
07-25-2009, 06:55 PM
lol You said the market were comparable... yes to a certain extent. But definitely not at the same level.

And Jordan never wanted endorsement deals and limelight?

Uhh... I'm going to ignore that.... I had hope that you were smarter than that.

I wrote that he never wanted for endorsement deals and limelight.. meaning that he was getting as much exposure in Chicago as he would have gotten in NY. His name was known around the world before the internet became a juggernaught. What was NY going to offer him? Exposure on Pluto?

knickerbockerny
07-25-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't dislike you either buddy! I'm just trying to be a friend. Get your life jacket now. I don't want you to drown in all those Knick fan tears. You can stay with me and my family next summer.

Lol pure comedy. Hustla is not going to need a life jacket because the Knicks are going to be alright.

Hustla23
07-25-2009, 06:59 PM
I wrote that he never wanted for endorsement deals and limelight.. meaning that he was getting as much exposure in Chicago as he would have gotten in NY. His name was known around the world before the internet became a juggernaught. What was NY going to offer him? Exposure on Pluto?
haha. sorry misread that. Forgive my lack of grammar recognition.

Yes, that's true. It's just my opinion that Jordan would have had much more exposure in New York than Chicago. Only because it's the largest market in the world, that's all.

Reyes6
07-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Well maybe in 2010 they can shock everyone by going after a group of good FA's rather than LeBron or Bosh or Carmelo or Yao or McGrady or damn... a lot of good players.

Maybe they can just sneak in and grab some very good players for lesser contracts. :)

Patrick Ewing Jr. FTW!

badinger7
07-25-2009, 07:03 PM
I would join any team personally

As far as the superstars like D-Wade, LeBron, Bosh, and even Joe Johnson IMO it will be a tough decision because all of their GMs are trying to build teams around them now. I would love for the Knicks to land a superstar, but I think the best bet for us is going after Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh. New York is a one of a kind city, and I'm pretty sure endorsements increase when you join a city of its caliver. Players like Joe Johnson and CB4 could use that more than LBJ and Wade (Toronto and Atlanta are great cities too nevertheless). It will be the off-the-court factors that will help these stars make their decisions such as the endorsements. But again, these GMs are making improvements to keep their stars so as far as on-the-court situations, some of these stars could stay on their respective teams.

Took the words out of my mouth-- Hell I'd goto Timbuktu if they wanted to pay me a 6 or 7 figure salary lol.

In addition to what SDot said- for actual NBA players I think that unless the Knicks have a solid season and pick up one real solid piece that no one will go there because they know they won't win anything.

Hustla23
07-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Lol pure comedy. Hustla is not going to need a life jacket because the Knicks are going to be alright.
knickerbockerny,

There's no need to respond to comments like that. It's not worth your time.

I don't know why posters here have this almost blind hatred for New York.

I don't hate other teams and their posters. It's not like we brag about our team or anything. Sure, we're happy at the prospect of 2010 and the fact that we have a GM with a brain since a long time. But I guess people will take any chance to try to rip us any chance they get.

I don't mind. It's all the sweeter when we finally are good again and other teams can hate us for the right reasons.

knickerbockerny
07-25-2009, 07:08 PM
knickerbockerny,

I don't hate other teams and their posters. It's not like we brag about our team or anything. Sure, we're happy at the prospect of 2010 and the fact that we have a GM with a brain since a long time. But I guess people will take any chance to try to rip us any chance they get.

I don't mind. It's all the sweeter when we finally are good again and other teams can hate us for the right reasons.

You couldn't of said it any better.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 07:09 PM
knickerbockerny,

We'll be collecting social security by that time.

OC Knights #11
07-25-2009, 07:12 PM

And this bothers me?...No. There was no point to your unintelligent comment. Why am i not surprised? look at your name.

OC Knights #11
07-25-2009, 07:22 PM

My mistake, Wilson is alright. But you said it yourself, Gallo has been injured and hasn't proven himself yet. The Knicks roster is full of young unproven players. So why would Lebron come to NY, if he wants to win championships. He would have a better shot by just staying with the Cavs.

MPScribbles
07-25-2009, 07:39 PM

Fail 3x

New York's market is roughly twice that of Chicago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_metropolitan_area

New York is the 4th largest market in the world, including one other city in America (also known as the entire western hemisphere).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_areas_by_population

The man was making a very valid point and you condemned it with nonsense about your beloved city. Please, if you are going to state facts, and not opinion, be correct. I love owning guys like you on stuff like this because there is nothing that you can say now to refute the FACT that you were wrong.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Fail 3x

New York is the 4th largest market in the world, including one other city in America (also known as the entire western hemisphere).

The man was making a very valid point and you condemned it with nonsense about your beloved city. Please, if you are going to state facts, and not opinion, be correct. I love owning guys like you on stuff like this because there is nothing that you can say now to refute the FACT that you were wrong.

BURN!!!! Thta's an arrogant Knick fan for you though.

NYtilIdie
07-25-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't like Lamar Odom. The sig is from a thread that lasted 75 pages/over 1000 post in 5 hours. It has to do with his candy addiction.

I am a Wizards fan and my favorite player is Caron Butler.

You criticise us despite the fact we had a better record then the Wizards and you guys have 2 all-stars on your team. You then give an injury prone Arenas who spends more time in surgery rooms then on the court to a 6 yr/$111 mil contact. So instead of drafting a good back-up PG cause we know Arenas isn't going to play more then 50 games you trade your 4th round pick for nothing. So when did you guys hire Isiah?

yankeefan54
07-25-2009, 08:04 PM
bosh,joe johnson some other role players

NYtilIdie
07-25-2009, 08:06 PM

What was the last time the Wiz had something to cheer about? Being Lebron's ***** every year isn't something to cheer about. Oh how about watching Arenas on the bench and thinking "Maybe he'll be healthy next year" no? I think last time Wiz fans had something to cheer about was in 2001 when Jordan came out of retirement that didn't work as planned.
I guess looking forward to DeShawn Stevenson talking about how he's better then Lebron and he's overrated every year is something to cheer for I guess until Lebron comes through an whips his ***.

Please stop trying to act like the Wiz are any better then the Knicks cause they aren't.

Hustla23
Fail 3x

lol Are you retarted? By "market", in the context of speaking sports, it obviously refers to media as well.

Your little wiki pages point to nothing but population.

I'm sure anyone who plays in Mexico City is going to be popularized.

Or anyone whose a star in India or China is going to be the face of sports.

This is just becoming ridiculous.

Yes, sorry you "owned" me. :rolleyes: Go "own" somebody else with your little wikipedia articles which you googled in about 5 seconds.

pippsux
I wouldn't. With the age of open media coverage,internet, etc playing in New York is not as important as 10 years ago. Besides, it's not like they are a player away from competing. Signing with NY would be part of a rebuilding process, who wants to go there for that. Sad to see the Knicks become so irrelevant. The day JVG quit on the Knicks in 2000, I think, was the beginning of nothing but bad decisions and bad results.

Hustla23
07-25-2009, 08:07 PM
What was the last time the Wiz had something to cheer about? Being Lebron's ***** every year isn't something to cheer about. I think last time Wiz fans had something to cheer about was in 2001 when Jordan came out of retirement that didn't work as planned.
I guess looking forward to DeShawn Stevenson talking about how he's better then Lebron and he's overrated every year is something to cheer for I guess until Lebron comes through an whips his ***.

Please stop trying to act like the Wiz are any better then the Knicks cause they aren't.
Don't bother man. Like Idk what these guys' problems are. They're clearly baiting us Knicks fans with these comments.

Hustla23
07-25-2009, 08:10 PM
You criticise us despite the fact we had a better record then the Wizards and you guys have 2 all-stars on your team. You then give an injury prone Arenas who spends more time in surgery rooms then on the court to a 6 yr/$111 mil contact. So instead of drafting a good back-up PG cause we know Arenas isn't going to play more then 50 games you trade your 4th round pick for nothing. So when did you guys hire Isiah?
lmfao stop man.

It's just too easy to criticize the Wizards. It wouldn't be fair.

MPScribbles
07-25-2009, 08:24 PM
lol Are you retarted? By "market", in the context of speaking sports, it obviously refers to media as well.

Your little wiki pages point to nothing but population.

I'm sure anyone who plays in Mexico City is going to be popularized.

Or anyone whose a star in India or China is going to be the face of sports.

This is just becoming ridiculous.

Yes, sorry you "owned" me. :rolleyes: Go "own" somebody else with your little wikipedia articles which you googled in about 5 seconds.

Ok, so you're trying to discredit me by recognizing that I, apparently unlike you, know how to use the internet to my advantage and find facts instead of spouting off dumb homeristic bu11*****?

I also like how you try to discredit foreign countries like they don't have media. Just because you are exposed to New York media the most doesn't mean that other countries don't have newspapers and network news. I'm ********? Do you realize that India + China = 1/3 of the entire world?

Oooh, and how about the fact that you didn't even comment on how New York actually isn't near three times the size of Chicago? Yes you got owned, deal with it.

NYK|NYY
07-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Haha, love the all hate.

MSG34
07-25-2009, 08:39 PM
:yawn: The Knicks jokes get old fast. It's far too obvious that the majority of you guys have basically never seen us play.

I guess it's understandable b/c we aren't on National TV too often recently but if any of you tune into a game you'll see that the Knicks are moving in the right direction.

MPScribbles
07-25-2009, 08:43 PM
NYK/NYY that sig is hilarious! I almost wet myself when Mario threw the banana peel.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hustla23
07-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Ok, so you're trying to discredit me by recognizing that I, apparently unlike you, know how to use the internet to my advantage and find facts instead of spouting off dumb homeristic bu11*****?

I also like how you try to discredit foreign countries like they don't have media. Just because you are exposed to New York media the most doesn't mean that other countries don't have newspapers and network news. I'm ********? Do you realize that India + China = 1/3 of the entire world?

Oooh, and how about the fact that you didn't even comment on how New York actually isn't near three times the size of Chicago? Yes you got owned, deal with it.

How about this. Can you name the best 2 or 3 basketball players in China? Because everybody over there sure knows Lebron and Kobe. Oh, and can you name me even one cricket player from India? Because that's their biggest sport and they market their players as best as they can. Sure they have media, but their media market surely isn't all world encompassing. And further proves that New York, combined with its financial and media resources, makes it the largest sports market in the world.

and LOL , I still can't get over the fact that you consider yourself the internet master for knowing how to use wikipedia articles.

Okay I'll play your game. Let's play by your rules and assume that market is defined by population. And to twist the game even more in your favor, let's use wikipedia articles. HURRAY ! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City

From trusty wikipedia we can see that Chicago's population is

Chicago

Population (2008)[1]
- City 2,853,114 (3rd U.S.)

and New York's is

Population (July 1, 2008)[1]
- City 8,363,710

If you do the math, if you're smart enough, that comes out to about 2.942 times larger. Which is more or less 3. omgggooshhhhhh whaaaat?? :speechless: I know I said 4 times, just trying to make a statement. But 3 is fairly large, no?

Please stop owning me, sir. My fragile heart can't take it. And this is my final reply to you. No point in me trying to argue with someone as dumb as you are.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-25-2009, 09:00 PM

4th round pick? Don't throw Isiah around. He was the second coming of Jesus to Knicks fan before. Since you're Arenas' doctor, please fill me in on his status. Foye can play PG. Last year we had 2 starters out all season. I'm sitting here wondering why I'm wasting my time arguing with a Knicks fan. Like I said, you guys are all gonna drown in your own tears next offseason. Your team and fans are the joke of the NBA. Just ask any non Knick fan. Even Bosh had a good laugh at your expense.

MPScribbles
07-25-2009, 09:08 PM
How about this. Can you name the best 2 or 3 basketball players in China? Because everybody over there sure knows Lebron and Kobe. Oh, and can you name me even one cricket player from India? Because that's their biggest sport and they market their players as best as they can. Sure they have media, but their media market surely isn't all world encompassing. And further proves that New York, combined with its financial and media resources, makes it the largest sports market in the world.

and LOL , I still can't get over the fact that you consider yourself the internet master for knowing how to use wikipedia articles.

Okay I'll play your game. Let's play by your rules and assume that market is defined by population. And to twist the game even more in your favor, let's use wikipedia articles. HURRAY ! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City

From trusty wikipedia we can see that Chicago's population is

Chicago

Population (2008)[1]
- City 2,853,114 (3rd U.S.)

and New York's is

Population (July 1, 2008)[1]
- City 8,363,710

If you do the math, if you're smart enough, that comes out to about 2.942 times larger. Which is more or less 3. omgggooshhhhhh whaaaat?? :speechless: I know I said 4 times, just trying to make a statement. But 3 is fairly large, no?

Please stop owning me, sir. My fragile heart can't take it. And this is my final reply to you. No point in me trying to argue with someone as dumb as you are.

Oh the joy of owning someone so badly with logic that they stoop to insults and refuse to reply.
:D

BTW
US has the best basketball players in the world, that has NOTHING to do with the New York market. The fact that people in China know LeBron and Kobe, because they are the best in the world, has nothing to do with New York and the fact that we don't care to know who the hell they have doing much of anything in their countries has even less to do with their ineffective media and everything to do with us being self-centered members of the global community.

I never called myself anything similar to an internet master. I cited some facts that made your argument look bad. It wasn't hard. It usually isn't when someone says something so fundamentally wrong.

I figured you would eventually try to put up some weak figures to put you in the vicinity of being correct. The thing about your numbers is that they only take into account the people that actually live in the city limits. Are you saying that people who live just outside of the imaginary line that separates city from suburb don't count as part of that market? Of course you won't answer that, not because you're no longer replying to someone as stupid as myself, because the answer only further weakens your side of the debate.

I'll gladly stop owning you now. Good day, sir.

bkmikeyy
07-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Love love love all the unnecessary hate. The knicks just changed management and no they are no a great team but they are DEFINITELY HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. they are not the worst team in the NBA, however they continuously get hate like they are. Why is noone jumping on the clippers, bucks, grizzlies, wolves etc. who have been equally as bad in recent years? Its like how little dogs always bark at the big ones to show they are tough, its not necessary and sort of funny. The knicks got a good management and are finally doing the only thing possible, getting younger and clearing cap space. WHATS WRONG WITH THAT? Its not about stealing Lebron James from cleveland, its about creating opportunities for the future, w.e they may be. I find it unbelievable how so much hate can come towards a team thats clearly working hard to clean up the image that the last Gm imposed on it.
The cast is also not as bad as people make it out to be, this team was actaully very competitive in almost all their games, just didnt have a star to help them finish games. Im not saying that NY is the only destination for a FA but why is there a thread making NY seem so awful is beyond me. This is a great city thats working on getting a good team together and guess what whoever comes in and turns this ship around is going to be remembered and have a much bigger legacy than he could have had anywhere else. To return a previously respected franchise in one of the biggest cities in the world from some of its darkest times back to respectability is not going to go unnoticed by this great city or the rest of the world for that matter.

bkmikeyy
07-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Love love love all the unnecessary hate. The knicks just changed management and no they are no a great team but they are DEFINITELY HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. they are not the worst team in the NBA, however they continuously get hate like they are. Why is noone jumping on the clippers, bucks, grizzlies, wolves etc. who have been equally as bad in recent years? Its like how little dogs always bark at the big ones to show they are tough, its not necessary and sort of funny. The knicks got a good management and are finally doing the only thing possible, getting younger and clearing cap space. WHATS WRONG WITH THAT? Its not about stealing Lebron James from cleveland, its about creating opportunities for the future, w.e they may be. I find it unbelievable how so much hate can come towards a team thats clearly working hard to clean up the image that the last Gm imposed on it.
The cast is also not as bad as people make it out to be, this team was actaully very competitive in almost all their games, just didnt have a star to help them finish games. Im not saying that NY is the only destination for a FA but why is there a thread making NY seem so awful is beyond me. This is a great city thats working on getting a good team together and guess what whoever comes in and turns this ship around is going to be remembered and have a much bigger legacy than he could have had anywhere else. To return a previously respected franchise in one of the biggest cities in the world from some of its darkest times back to respectability is not going to go unnoticed by this great city or the rest of the world for that matter.

Sports Illustrator
07-25-2009, 09:28 PM
If we do not keep this discussion clean, then I am going to have to not only close this thread but also ban or give out infractions. Please do not make me do this.

Draco
07-25-2009, 09:31 PM
This is a great city thats working on getting a good team together and guess what whoever comes in and turns this ship around is going to be remembered and have a much bigger legacy than he could have had anywhere else. To return a previously respected franchise in one of the biggest cities in the world from some of its darkest times back to respectability is not going to go unnoticed by this great city or the rest of the world for that matter.

The greatest attraction for players is probably money and winning. Location probably comes in second (ie. Hedo with Toronto, and Boozer with Miami).. somewhere in the distance is the idea that some player wants to audition for the role of Batman saving Gotham from their dark decade of basketball.

MPScribbles
07-25-2009, 09:38 PM
The greatest attraction for players is probably money and winning. Location probably comes in second (ie. Hedo with Toronto, and Boozer with Miami).. somewhere in the distance is the idea that some player wants to audition for the role of Batman saving Gotham from their dark decade of basketball.

:rock:
That was very well put.

bkmikeyy
07-25-2009, 09:50 PM
You honestly believe that if hypothetically Lebron comes to New York (im not saying he is) it wont be one of the biggest and most publicized events in sports history? And that if he wins championships here he will not be one of the biggest global icons ever? Im tired of hearing this stars wont win championships here nonsense the Knicks already have a decent supporting cast, unfortunately no real star, which is why they havent been making the playoffs. they will continue to add pieces for whatever cost necessary once the star is here since the knicks are one of the richest franchises, unlike the managers of teams like the cavs who add old irrelevant guys around their stars on the cheap and think their going places.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Now I see how it feels like when you try to make a thread and people ruin it.

MPScribbles
07-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Now I see how it feels like when you try to make a thread and people ruin it.

I'm assuming you are referring, at least partially, to me. Allow me to address the thread question directly:

I would sign with the Knicks if I were LeBron if certain criteria were met.
If the Knicks could have in place at least one legit, not potential, star.
If D'Antoni became at least slightly committed to defense because defense wins championships and LeBron wants to win championships, right?
If they could make the playoffs without me.

Otherwise I would not sign with the Knicks when several other teams will have money to spend.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-25-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm assuming you are referring, at least partially, to me. Allow me to address the thread question directly:

If D'Antoni became at least slightly committed to defense because defense wins championships and LeBron wants to win championships, right?

Otherwise I would not sign with the Knicks when several other teams will have money to spend.

I didn't read any names but if you were part of that arguement with those guys then ya.

Also, I have been part of a lot of arguement in other peoples thread and it's happening to my thread now.

aNYer
07-26-2009, 01:37 AM
Can't believe the thread made it this long with all the bait posts. Its not financially possible but if NY signed Wade Lebron and Bosh people would still hate and try an find reasons the knicks suck etc. etc. etc. Knicks fan have the most posters on PSD according to the poll that was taken so I am glad so few of them went the belligerent route and actually tried to based their arguments on facts.

MSG34
07-26-2009, 12:24 PM

That's actually pretty realistic and what we need to prove this year. I think we might need to prove slightly a little less but it's pretty on target with how most of us Knick fans feel.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-26-2009, 01:58 PM

I like your answer. 1 of the few that actually explains what players might be thinking.

GCOOKIE7
07-27-2009, 12:21 AM
I'll sign there... but I doubt they'd give me much PT

rapstakeall
07-27-2009, 01:24 AM
these new yorker are dreaming it going to be some long year in new york and new jersey these teams suck they cant offer you more than your own team and lux tax is coming down(wow) stop the madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look at all these offseason moves in clevland toronto orlando boston dallas sun these guys are build there team with ther stars recruiting the player like never before i dont think cause its NEW YORK that will sell you, please every year these guy play 80 plus game to win a ring new york aint going to do that for the next ten year with no support roster for these stars and everyone wants to win RIGHT NOW NOT TEN YEARS FROM NOW. being from toronto i could almost put my life on it if bosh left he would not go to new york maybe a maimi but not ny that would go for wade and lebron just cause by adding them self to one of these teams then you would have a contender so please stop the madness

MPScribbles
07-27-2009, 01:49 AM
I like your answer. 1 of the few that actually explains what players might be thinking.

Thank you. See, I'm good for something other than just arguing and ruining threads with tangents.

YankeeFan89
07-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Personally I would join the Knicks if another superstar was signing with me.