JOSKOMANG4
07-24-2009, 03:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4354227

slaker619
07-24-2009, 03:15 PM
That Would Be A Great Pick-up For Portland

JOSKOMANG4
07-24-2009, 03:16 PM
I hope with this signing, they can also work a deal to acquire a veteran small forward; possibly T. Prince from Detroit or maybe Stephen Jackson/Corey Maggette from Golden State.

This is basically a done deal; Miller will take this deal.

mikantsass
07-24-2009, 03:18 PM
According to Rotoworld.com, Miller has verbally accepted

homer2680
07-24-2009, 03:19 PM

He had to accept it. No one else was offering him anything.

PhillySportFan
07-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Yeah, he would accept this offer in a heartbeat.

dre1990
07-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Consider him a Blazer

Kakaroach
He hasn't accepted it. But eh good job by the T-Blaze to continue pursuing FAs lol.

Bosoxfan11
What about Jerryd Bayless?

JOSKOMANG4
I hope with this signing, they can also work a deal to acquire a veteran small forward; possibly T. Prince from Detroit or maybe Stephen Jackson/Corey Maggette from Golden State.

Quoting my own quote lol

Possible Trade idea: Pistons and Blazers

- Blazers acquire T. Prince from Pistons in exchange for SF Travis Outlaw, PG S. blake and 2010 2nd rd pick.

Works for..

Blazers.. add another veteran this offseason(assuming pg A. Miller takes the 3 yr deal). With two veteran pick ups, The blazers have definitely bolstered up their lineup.

C: Joel Pryzbilla/Greg Oden
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Victor Claver*/ Jeff Pendergraph*
SF: T. Prince/Nicolas Batum/Dante Cunningham*
SG: Brandon Roy/Rudy Fernandez/Martell Webster
PG: Andre Miller/Jerryd Bayless / Patty Mills*

Pistons.. They relinquish the contract of t. Prince( 3yrs remaining at around 10.3 this season). They acquire a young talented player in Travis Outlaw who'll probably start for the Pistons, as well as a veteran pg in Steve Blake who'll provide veteran leadership as a backup to pistons starting pg, Stuckey. Best part for Detriot, if neither Outlaw or Blake pan out, they both contain expiring contracts; resulting in another 9 million off the cap next season.

C: Ben Wallace/Jason Maxiell/ Kwame Brown
PF: Charlie Villanueva/Chris Wilcox/Walter Hermann / Jonas Jerebko*
SF: Travis Outlaw/ A. Daye* / D. Summers *
SG: Ben Gordon/Richard Hamilton
PG: Rodney Stuckey/Steve Blake/Will Bynum

IversonIsKrazy
07-24-2009, 03:23 PM
I was hoping portlands PG would be Kirk Hinrich so the bulls can get Carlos Boozer. I guesst thas not going to happen now. I just dont get y Blazers wanted a PG so much when they have an up-and-coming PG in Bayless, a neutral pg in Blake, and an international flavor pg in Rodriguez.

B.JenningsMVP
07-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Wow, nice move

RocketsRule
07-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Would be a great fit. Can handle and pass the ball to all of the Blazer's weapons. He'd also take the pressure off Roy at times, allowing him to play more off the ball. Overall it would be a solid pickup for them.

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Trade Bayless! Please

TheHoopsProphet
07-24-2009, 03:26 PM
I was hoping portlands PG would be Kirk Hinrich so the bulls can get Carlos Boozer. I guesst thas not going to happen now. I just dont get y Blazers wanted a PG so much when they have an up-and-coming PG in Bayless, a neutral pg in Blake, and an international flavor pg in Rodriguez.

Rodriguez plays for Sacramento now. Blake is nothing more than a solid backup PG. And Bayless will be great for the future, but the Blazers are young enough, and want to start contending already. They will most likely package him away for a veteran swingman.

abe_froman
07-24-2009, 03:27 PM
good move

Kakaroach
07-24-2009, 03:28 PM
I was hoping portlands PG would be Kirk Hinrich so the bulls can get Carlos Boozer. I guesst thas not going to happen now. I just dont get y Blazers wanted a PG so much when they have an up-and-coming PG in Bayless, a neutral pg in Blake, and an international flavor pg in Rodriguez. They traded him to Sacramento on draft day.

Lions #81
07-24-2009, 03:30 PM
I dont like the trade of Outlaw,Blake,2nd for Prince. I know his days in detroit are numbered but i think we could get something better. I would like LMA for Prince/Stuckey but i dont think u guys will ever let go of LMA. :(

Sports Illustrator
07-24-2009, 03:31 PM
It is a very good pickup for the Portland Trail Blazers if Andre Miller accepts the offer. I don't see why he wouldn't accept the offer. That is the contract length that he wanted and he has a lot of fun players to play with in Portland. He can make guys like Lamarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden to be better players than they were, due to his good passing skills. The other great thing is that Andre Miller can definitely score, but if he sees he has many options on his team he would prefer to make the pass. That is what makes him a solid pass first Point Guard.

JOSKOMANG4
07-24-2009, 03:32 PM
They acquired Jeff Pendergraph's draft rights from Sacramento on draft day in exchange for Jon Brockman's draft rights and PG Sergio ROdriguez

blackjack_119
07-24-2009, 03:34 PM
2 years, $14M with a team option for $7M after the second year... very nice contract for the Blazers.

zambo4president
07-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Andre Miller? You don`t mean this Andre Miller do you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0BXzb3JVVQ :)

Corey
07-24-2009, 04:05 PM
That's a good deal. I can't see him declining that offer. He got more than the full MLE for two seasons, plus an option for the 3rd if he accepts. That's a really good deal for him.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-24-2009, 04:10 PM
WCF.

This is the best move of the offseason.

An above average VET PG to lead B.Roy and co is exactly what the Blazers need.

I seem to remember a thread where they got turk and i said that move wont do much and I said Andre Miller is the answer for them.

i wil now accept my trophy

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Andre Miller? You don`t mean this Andre Miller do you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0BXzb3JVVQ :)

Thats funny stuff. Now he can just wait and throw the oop to Fernandez or Outlaw.

Aapox
07-24-2009, 04:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0BXzb3JVVQ

Lol i forgot how funny the commentary was for that.

Wade_County
07-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Point guard Andre Miller has agreed to join the Trail Blazers, where he should replace Steve Blake as the starter.

The deal is said to be for two or three years.
Source: Philadelphia Daily News

bleedprple&gold
07-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Lol i forgot how funny the commentary was for that.

Dammit I'm at work, now I gotta plug in the headphones to listen to it :p

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 04:20 PM

Could you please post that, thanx

Trouble87
07-24-2009, 04:21 PM
he'll be a Blazer for sure

Chronz
07-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Nobody has any quarrels with how this may affect chemistry? People ride VC all day for going to Orlando and replacing Hedo. Well same thing here, Miller is going to make the Blazers more conventional, B Roy was basically their PG most of the time, now hes going to play more off the ball.

Im just saying, I think its a good move, but my only concern is his shooting, the Blazers were said not to be interested in him for those very same reasons, it seems like they are settling for what they can get now.

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Nobody has any quarrels with how this may affect chemistry? People ride VC all day for going to Orlando and replacing Hedo. Well same thing here, Miller is going to make the Blazers more conventional, B Roy was basically their PG most of the time, now hes going to play more off the ball.

Im just saying, I think its a good move, but my only concern is his shooting, the Blazers were said not to be interested in him for those very same reasons, it seems like they are settling for what they can get now.

Develop Bayless, who proved to be a combo scorer, and that can eliminate this problem. He just needs the playing time.

JOSKOMANG4
07-24-2009, 04:31 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvK7f8m8QW.etxnMI_LSxdm8vLYF?slug=mc-millerblazers072409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Chronz
07-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Develop Bayless, who proved to be a combo scorer, and that can eliminate this problem. He just needs the playing time.

Yea I dont see any problems arising, Roy can play off the ball, but can Miller or Bayless. Either way, even they dont compliment eachother fully its still an upgrade.

He and Iggy worked well enough it shouldnt be a problem gven Roy's superior skillset.

Kjthunder
07-24-2009, 04:43 PM
what about josh howard and 2nd round pick for Travis Outlaw and Rudy? gives u a veteran sf that can score and defend. solidifies ur starting line-up

PG: Andre Miller
SG: B-Roy
SF: J-Ho
PF: Lamarcus Aldridge
C : Greg Oden

JayW_1023
07-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Even though Steve Blake is quite underrated...Andre Miller is still an upgrade...but not really significant. However, he is similair in tendencies so I'm not sure this move changes much in the scheme of things. For one, Miller isn't even close as good of a shooter as Blake and won't spread the floor as effectively. I believe Blake's range makes him a better backcourt fit alongside Roy. AND...like someone else said before me...developing Bayless as a rotation player may ultimately make Portland a better team because he brings more of a scoring mentality and thus a different dynamic to the team. Which is usuallly a good thing.

b_rad23
07-24-2009, 05:03 PM
They can develop Bayless as a bench scoring 6th man ala Terry or Robinson. He's not a pure point and he'd be an undersized two, so that's the best role for him down the line IMO.

DerekRE_3
07-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Thank god they signed him, now the Bobcats should get Raymond Felton back.

Tblaze
07-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Great signing!

Yes his shooting isn't of Blake's caliber, but we have to keep in mind that Blake can't do much more then shoot open 3s. Miller will bring a whole new dimension to this team. He's a great slasher and passer. We needed someone who can bring the ball inside to our bigs and now we have that.

And Roy, Fernandez, Outlaw, Webster are great 3pt shooters. Hence, even Aldridge and Batum can shoot 3s. So I think we won't face the same problem like Philly who didn't have any shooters to make up for Miller's lack of shooting.

We'll be fine, I'm happy.

uncblue2332
07-24-2009, 05:20 PM
he is one of the most under rated guards in the league and will be great for them he can mentor jerryd bayless and steve blakes contract is up at the end of the year so bayless can be the backup in 2010 and start most likely in 2011, or 2012 at the latest...kind of a road that devin harris took to become a starting PG

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2009, 05:22 PM
This is a great fit.Watch out for the BLAZER.

Boston Faithful
07-24-2009, 05:25 PM
I subscribe to ESPN Insider... here it is:

Travis Demers of ESPN 1080 The FAN in Portland is reporting that Andre Miller will accept the three-year, $21M contract offered by the Portland Trail Blazers.
The Philadelphia Daily News reported earlier today that the 76ers withdrew their one-year offer to Miller because they believe the free agent does not want to return on a one-year contract. Attempts to replace Miller in Philadelphia apparently won't include signing C.J. Watson, who is also seeking a two-year contract, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Suns113
07-24-2009, 05:30 PM
great pick up

MaHaRaJaH
07-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Wow finally a good veteran that can seriously help out the Blazers.

cowboyz180
07-24-2009, 05:47 PM
good signing

ElMarroAfamado
07-24-2009, 05:47 PM
wow this is totally overpaying when the blazers are loaded with pgs
and always seem to pick good ones when it comes to the draft

ink
07-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Nice signing. Very good veteran to run the team when he's on the floor.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-24-2009, 05:56 PM
I really don't see anyway 76ers get into the playoffs now unless they get another veteran PG.

SeoulBeatz
07-24-2009, 06:01 PM
congrats to andre on getting a deal.

he was a class act here in philly even though i could tell he didnt want to be here (he loves the west coast) but he played his hardest every night.

hes getting up there in age so it was time for a change and he wants to go to a contender.

good luck in portland dre

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 06:02 PM
I really don't see anyway 76ers get into the playoffs now unless they get another veteran PG.

this hurts them alot; I'm not sure how they will bounce back without trading.

slaker619
07-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Portland Needs A Back-up Pf Now

xxxplicit69
07-24-2009, 06:04 PM

I definately see eye to eye with you on this one, for one I feel miller was a great pick up for the blazers because now they have a true pg who can facilitate the ball to all those super athletes they have but the one thing that would but portland up there as true contenders for the ring is if they get a true small forward. I thought they would have one in turkaglu but he *****ed out and went to toranto, what a bad move on his behalf. If blazers could get a prince, jackson or maggette with outlaw off the bench and greg oden healthy and still rotate pryzibilla, its over, the could win 60+ games.:smoking:

Lo Porto
07-24-2009, 06:22 PM
If the Blazers don't try to use their remaining cap space (could be around $3 million) to facilitate a trade involving Blake or Bayless, then it just looks like they signed somebody to use their money. Miller is an upgrade, but he's not a guy that was the missing piece.

Portland is Maggette, Prince, AK or similar away from being truly legit. That type vet with the potent O or D with experience would be a great addition to add to the Miller signing.

Lakers4ItAll
07-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Blazers are gonna be damn good this season

blazerman
07-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Just announced the deal was finalized, Miller is now officially a Blazer.

jimbobjarree
07-24-2009, 07:23 PM
What about Jerryd Bayless?

I think he has something to do with the contract having a team option in it

rabzouz 96
07-24-2009, 07:52 PM
first blazers move in the recent past that i dont like and dont see a sense in, they should rather develop their young pgs or go for another young pg like felton or sessions, they will contend in some years so thats when they need their players at their height not now miller just blocks the development of bayless and the others

Illuminati999
07-24-2009, 08:17 PM
what about josh howard and 2nd round pick for Travis Outlaw and Rudy? gives u a veteran sf that can score and defend. solidifies ur starting line-up

PG: Andre Miller
SG: B-Roy
SF: J-Ho
PF: Lamarcus Aldridge
C : Greg Oden

True, it would help both teams really. Though, Josh Howard is a wild card and if he played as well as he did last year with 2 bad ankles, he could put the mavs in title contention. Huge "if" of course. I think the mavs are in it all the way in their 2 to 3 year window with the elite core they have now.

blackjack_119
07-24-2009, 09:14 PM
If the Blazers don't try to use their remaining cap space (could be around $3 million) to facilitate a trade involving Blake or Bayless, then it just looks like they signed somebody to use their money. Miller is an upgrade, but he's not a guy that was the missing piece.

Portland is Maggette, Prince, AK or similar away from being truly legit. That type vet with the potent O or D with experience would be a great addition to add to the Miller signing.

No team is "Maggette" away from being legit. It think Portland will pursue either Prince or Shane Battier. With Miller's poor 3P%, they need someone who can shoot 40% from the arc who has good defense at SF. Webster and Batum might be capable but neither are as proven as Prince or Battier.

DenButsu
07-24-2009, 09:30 PM
I think this is a pretty big misstep by the Blazers. (I explained why in this post (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10267682#post10267682) in the Nuggets forum, but I don't want to type it all out again :cool: ).

DenButsu
07-24-2009, 09:31 PM
No team is "Maggette" away from being legit.

:laugh2:

That is the funniest post I've seen in a long time.

magicbucs4eva
07-24-2009, 09:41 PM
great pick up by the blazers. they have such a young team but adding a veteran point guard will be huge with his experience and leadership!

Raps08-09 Champ
07-24-2009, 10:34 PM
I hope that Bayless ends up on another team and far away from Portland.

There is no point of having potential when you don't try to let the player live up to it.

I hope he becomes a great player as soon as he leaves Portland.

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 10:56 PM
I hope that Bayless ends up on another team and far away from Portland.

There is no point of having potential when you don't try to live up to it.

I hope he becomes a great player as soon as he leaves Portland.

:clap::clap:

Kobe4Life
07-24-2009, 11:03 PM
horrible pickup nice waste of the $$

Storch
07-24-2009, 11:36 PM
damn what a good pick up! good job blazers fo

LA_Raiders
07-25-2009, 12:01 AM
good sign... looks like Odom has no option but resign with LA...

GodsSon
07-25-2009, 01:00 AM
why does it seem like they're just signing players for the sake of signing them?...like others have said, i dont understand this signing when you have Bayless already waiting in the wings

PhillyForLife90
07-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Well I'll miss Andre Miller, won't be the same without him on the Sixers. Good luck with the Blazers.

B.JenningsMVP
07-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Bayless needs to demand a trade!
If he doesn't get any playing time, that's a waste of great talent & potential!

MTar786
07-25-2009, 01:41 AM
No team is "Maggette" away from being legit. It think Portland will pursue either Prince or Shane Battier. With Miller's poor 3P%, they need someone who can shoot 40% from the arc who has good defense at SF. Webster and Batum might be capable but neither are as proven as Prince or Battier.

i agree with u there.. they need a prince type guy.. but seeing their lack of toughness.. id rather go with a james posey type.. infact posey would be the best player to go for.. not gonna cost u much. he's the role player u need.. n u can keep outlaw that way.. i think they should trade pryzbila for him.. NO is gonna need a new center. outlaw can be their 6th man

miller
roy
posey
aldridge
oden

6th man
outlaw
bayless

VERY good team.. with mix of role players and go to guys. miller is ur set up guy. posey ur three point shooter.. oden ur defender. aldrige ur inside guy. roy ur go to guy. balance of youth and vets with good leadersip and experience

blackjack_119
07-25-2009, 08:22 AM
i agree with u there.. they need a prince type guy.. but seeing their lack of toughness.. id rather go with a james posey type.. infact posey would be the best player to go for.. not gonna cost u much. he's the role player u need.. n u can keep outlaw that way.. i think they should trade pryzbila for him.. NO is gonna need a new center. outlaw can be their 6th man

miller
roy
posey
aldridge
oden

6th man
outlaw
bayless

VERY good team.. with mix of role players and go to guys. miller is ur set up guy. posey ur three point shooter.. oden ur defender. aldrige ur inside guy. roy ur go to guy. balance of youth and vets with good leadersip and experience
Signing Miller makes it imperative that Portland keeps Joel Przybilla. Portland needed to upgrade its production at PG. The greatest need was for the defense from the PG position to improve. Andre Miller doesn't do that.

The Blazers will still struggle with quick guards finding their way into the lane. Signing Andre Miller just gives you a very good means of exploiting a team defensive weakness on the other end (quick PG's beat the Blazers, but Andre Miller beats quick PG's by posting them up all day.)

Since the team is conceding the fact that guards will be able to get into the lane, they need two defensive minded centers if they want to improve upon their 54 win season last year.

valade16
07-25-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm amazed how few people on this thread actually think it through. Most of you people bashing this trade simply follow media created misconceptions.

Andre Miller RIGHT NOW is a BIG upgrade over having Bayless start next year.

Kevin Pritchard and Nate McMillian don't want to "build" for another season, they've already stated they want to compete, NOW.

So why start Bayless next year, which would ruin our chances of competing at the top level? He is not derrick rose, and he's not devin harris. He's not going to come in and score 16 and get 7 assists his 2nd year after averaging 6 minutes a game his rookie season. He needs far more development.

Now consider Andre Miller is 33, and is signed to a 2 year deal (team option 3rd). Basically, we can develop Bayless and have Miller start for 2 years, competing both years. Then when Miller is 35, and thus too old for our team, we can turn it over to Bayless (who will still be incredibly young, but far more experienced), and not lose a beat when it comes to competing.

I mean, you guys act like Bayless is ENTITLED to a starting spot because he's young. He isn't, he has to earn it like everybody else. He'll be good down the road, but right now he needs far more development than you guys seem to realize.

But if Bayless feels like he's entitled (basically, he thinks like the people on this thread) and demands a trade, we can trade him and exercise the 3rd year option on Miller, drafting a PG to develop during that time.

Also, since it's a 2 year deal, in 1 year it will be an expiring deal, a highly valuable commodity in the NBA. Simply put, this gives the Blazers amazing flexibility.

VIP1349
07-25-2009, 10:03 AM
No team is "Maggette" away from being legit.

I have to say that was by far one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

TYoung21
07-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Since Roy acts as the PG alot by bringing the ball up, I don't think this was a good signing. Miller is basically useless w/o the ball. Plus, for the Blazers fans that didn't like Blake's defense...you're going to be frustrated as hell.

Kakaroach
07-25-2009, 12:07 PM
So he accepted pretty quickly huh. Good signing by the Blazers, we all say they need veteran leadership, and they got it. He's also a very good rebounding PG from the games that I've seen. Didn't he have a triple-double this past season?

driz
07-25-2009, 12:51 PM
So he accepted pretty quickly huh. Good signing by the Blazers, we all say they need veteran leadership, and they got it. He's also a very good rebounding PG from the games that I've seen. Didn't he have a triple-double this past season?

He's a great rebounder for a PG. Pretty good sized for a PG as well (6'2"), and a great scorer as well. Definitely a nice scoop up for the Blazers. His wikipedia page even already has him in a Blazers jersey!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Miller

Averaged 16.3, 6.5 assists and 4.5 boards last season. Not too bad at all, I'd say.

Now as far as getting Tayshaun from us, I'm pretty sure it's going to have to be a 3-team deal where we get a Center. Blake isn't something we want, our boy Bynum is our true backup PG.

SiteWolf
07-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Now as far as getting Tayshaun from us, I'm pretty sure it's going to have to be a 3-team deal where we get a Center. Blake isn't something we want, our boy Bynum is our true backup PG.

Ben Wallace is available ;)

Raps08-09 Champ
07-25-2009, 03:17 PM
2 future draft picks from the Raptors for Bayless.

blazerman
07-25-2009, 09:56 PM
2 future draft picks from the Raptors for Bayless.

The Blazers should consider doing that deal next summer, because they will be pretty high picks considering Bosh will be long gone by then.

What a totally d-bag