PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger Under-rated?

Illuminati999
07-24-2009, 02:29 PM
I've seen him play, I've seen his stats, he's easily a top 15 fantasy pick. I was just wondering, do you, if so or if not please explain why, think he has potential to make Team USA in the future?

Hustla23
07-24-2009, 02:33 PM
He's not underrated AT ALL.

He made the All Star team.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 03:19 PM
not anymore. But yes, he clearly was the season prior to this one. But look around on these boards, he is recognized as a very very good player

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 03:21 PM
All-star team; thats not underrated

itsripcity32
07-24-2009, 03:21 PM
he isnt under rated. wtf is this thread

Kakaroach
07-24-2009, 03:25 PM
All-Star Team, Most Improved Player. I don't see where he is under-rated....

D-Will4Prez
07-24-2009, 03:31 PM
He was underrated but not anymore. He was voted #5 SF I believe in our poll right here in these forums. He is a great player.

dre1990
07-24-2009, 03:40 PM
OVERRATED if anything. still a great player though

B.JenningsMVP
07-24-2009, 03:42 PM
I can see him on the USA team, but idk if he'll make it cause of all the young talent in the leauge

Naptownz_Finest
07-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Yeah he probably won't make the All-Star team because there is just TOO MUCH talent in the NBA at his position. I live in Indy and I go to the games a lot....watching him play is a good feeling...he will take the Pacers to the playoffs.

lowdown32
07-24-2009, 03:49 PM
#5 ? wow thats under rating him

_Supreme_
07-24-2009, 03:53 PM
The people who know basketball know exactly how good he is, but he is still a low profile name among the masses of casual fans and streetball-minded single player kiddy-fans.

I'd take Granger on my team any time.

Sports Illustrator
07-24-2009, 04:05 PM
He is not under-rated, nor is he over-rated. He is rated exactly where he should be rated. He is already considered as an All-Star player which I am totally fine with.

I am glad he made the All-Star team. It was surprising to some people seeing him on the All-Star team with the Pacers having a bad record, but he doesn't really have many players to play with in Indiana. He isn't surrounded by fantastic players like other players are in the league.

Corey
07-24-2009, 04:07 PM
If anything, he's underrated by fans that don't get to see him play, but I personally think he's accurately rated. He's a good all around player, and he's finally getting some hype surrounding his name.

jacquewho?
07-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Agreed with Corey's statement. He really isn't underrated by other teams anymore cause of his monsterous breakout season. It's good to see him get some recognition around the NBA now. I was talking with a bro from Atlanta who is a big Hawks fan, and talking about basketball he mentioned how a beast Granger is going to be and that he will be one of the faces of the NBA in a few years. So it's nice to see a non-Pacers fan have so much respect for Granger. The 5 year, 60M contract we gave him is probably a bargain right now...he should be earning max money now after his breakout season.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 04:30 PM
he is not underrated or overrated. he is rated the way he supposed to be. after 4 seasons, last yr was his breakout yr.

now let's see where he goes from here, simple as that.

xDjEpYOnx
07-24-2009, 05:33 PM
I've seen him play, I've seen his stats, he's easily a top 15 fantasy pick. I was just wondering, do you, if so or if not please explain why, think he has potential to make Team USA in the future?

Everyone got caught up with your title, most didn't even answer your question in your thread...but I think he has a spot on the Team USA. If you haven't read the ESPN article on Coach K's praise of Durant http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/news/story?id=4352887

Team USA is looking for a player to who could backup for LBJ at PF, Melo at SF, and Kobe & Wade at SG, I think Granger is more than capable to do that, he can play all of those positions and be a legit scoring threat. Defensively, he's been improving each year and he's quick and long just like Durant. Come on, he guarded Shaq in the All-Star Game this year :D

I could see him taking Redd or Tayshaun's spot if they decide to step out. I would like to see Granger get a spot on Team USA, if not in 2010 world championships, maybe 2012 for the Olympics.

Yeah he probably won't make the All-Star team because there is just TOO MUCH talent in the NBA at his position. I live in Indy and I go to the games a lot....watching him play is a good feeling...he will take the Pacers to the playoffs.

Too Much? He got in this year; too much talent where? In the East, its just Lebron #1 and then Granger, Pierce, Butler, Iggy, to round out the top 5 and I got Granger at 2 in that group so his chances to make the All-Star team again and again isn't as hard as you think.

xxxplicit69
07-24-2009, 05:56 PM

Man I definately agree with you, I was in 2 fantasy basketball leagues and I missed the draft for one of them, so the computer similated my picks for me. when I check the roster I see I have granger and was not that excited to have him, then through out the season I'm seeing this dude drop 25pg and snag over 5 boards a game, shoots about 40% behind the arc and attempts and makes a lot of 3s, and shoots about 85% from the ft line, I felt he ended up being a steal, and I did vote him and lebron to be the sf's for the all-star game. He's definately underated along with Kevin Durant who put up similar numbers, both just play for bad teams, but i definately think granger could play for team usa if he keeps doing what he's doing. By the way when my mom worked for mercades she said she seen him walk in.

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-24-2009, 06:18 PM
lol who said hes underrated? he was a top 15 fantasy bball pick last year iono wat u smokin ahah easily one of the best jump shooters in the game

WoodbridgeSkins
07-24-2009, 06:20 PM
He plays for the Pacers. Put him on a playoff team where he's not the 1st option and ask this question again.

yankeefan54
07-26-2009, 08:06 PM
yes veryveryveryvery underrated

jacquewho?
07-26-2009, 08:39 PM
He plays for the Pacers. Put him on a playoff team where he's not the 1st option and ask this question again.

Then what about Kevin Durant? He plays for the Thunder. Put him on the Cavs where he's not the 1st option and ask this question again.

dtmagnet
07-26-2009, 08:56 PM
I think he is no longer a secret in the league, great player and I don't see why he couldn't make team USA in the future. Too bad the Raptors missed out on drafting him.

JayW_1023
07-27-2009, 07:30 AM
If he regains the defense he played as a rookie yes...but his blossoming as an offensive powerhouse has made him forget how to play acceptable defense.

JayW_1023
07-27-2009, 07:33 AM
streetball-minded single player kiddy-fans.

I like that description my fellow countryman. It really is what it is...people seem to confuse Fantasy basketball with the real deal all the time. Ignorance must be punished.