PDA

View Full Version : Rank the Top 5 NBA GMs

Frank Costanza
07-24-2009, 11:48 AM
This is your shot to show why your Gm deserves to be on the top 5 list.

Everyone give us your depth charts

top 5 gms in the league

Hustla23
07-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Pritchard
Buford
Walsh

and everybody else.

franey25
07-24-2009, 12:26 PM
1.danny ainge
2.spurs gm lol
3.mitch cupcheck
4.joe dumars
5.bryan colangelo
bc would be higher if he won a chip

3RDASYSTEM
07-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Spurs, Pistons, Lakers - body of decade work proves it all the rest of the GM's are good but dont really have the balls to pull of blockbuster deals or make really good choices,tho i give credit to scout personnel it comes down to GM/OWNER, you gotta be able to relate and have guts to pull of major deals for better of your team not worse,and im not talkin Billups for AI,Billups coulda been had over upcomin summer,lots of teams need a PG,let alone one with big time xperience/good leader but i still cant front on DUMARS body of work back to back Finals, 1 title and 6 strait ECF, Spurs won like wat 4 titles in 8/9 yrs, LAKERS three peat plus 09 title and have been to 6 Finals this decade, case closed

tp13baby
07-24-2009, 12:35 PM
uhh maybe mark warkentien.
for the nuggets.

secterm
07-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Pritchard
Buford
Walsh

and everybody else.

Walsh. Maybe he should do something decent this off season before he makes this list. He hasn't looked that amazing as a knick so far but in time we will know

Carey
07-24-2009, 12:44 PM
1. RC Buford- Spurs
2. Sam Presti- MY THUNDER lol
3. Brian Colangelo- Raptors
4. Kevin Pritchard- Blazers
5. Mark Warkentien- Nuggets

other guys like Joe D, Walsh, etc. have the track record these are my current top 5

SensandRaps
07-24-2009, 12:46 PM
^^bc is with the raps now lol

29$JerZ
07-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Walsh. Maybe he should do something decent this off season before he makes this list. He hasn't looked that amazing as a knick so far but in time we will know

His Indiana resume is why he is a top GM, he just got to the Knicks 1 year ago. What do you expect him to do in 1 year, bring us a championship?

FairWeatherFan?
07-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Danny Ferry

Serious....

Carey
07-24-2009, 01:02 PM
^^bc is with the raps now lol

Thanx, not even sure what i put at first lol

SC1211
07-24-2009, 01:03 PM
1. R.C. Buford
2. Daryl Morey
3. Sam Presti
4. Kevin Pritchard

Huge gap

5. Everyone else

lakers4sho
07-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Pritchard
Kupchak [ the Gasol trade really improved his stock ]
Walsh
Three headed dogs of Denver

Spurs have a good international scout.

theuuord
07-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Buford, Pritchard, Morey are my top 3...

Draco
07-24-2009, 01:38 PM
3 division titles, 1 conference title and 0 championships, 0 executive of the year awards in 18 years.. how is Donnie Walsh a top 5 GM?

UofA
07-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Buford
Kupchak
Dumars

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 02:19 PM
1.Spurs GM(They get steals in the draft and trades and has has 50 win seasons for 10 straight years.
2.Lakers GM(4 titles and a lot of wins)
3/4.Raptors GM(He has had good draft picks in Marion, Nash, Stoudimire and has had playoff teams a lot of times)
3/4.Pistons GM(Had 6 or 8 straight East fianls appearance)
5.?

b_rad23
07-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Buford
Morey
Kupchak
Colangelo
Riley (had to get him some love)

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 02:29 PM
^

The Heat was up and down this decade.

Hustla23
07-24-2009, 02:29 PM
3 division titles, 1 conference title and 0 championships, 0 executive of the year awards in 18 years.. how is Donnie Walsh a top 5 GM?
How about getting the Pacers to the playoffs 17 times out of the last 18 years of Walsh's reign?

He's got a plan. Just watch and wait. The old man is a wizard.

He's alot better than Paxson, that's for sure.

Draco
07-24-2009, 02:33 PM
How about getting the Pacers to the playoffs 17 times out of the last 18 years of Walsh's reign?

He's got a plan. Just watch and wait. The old man is a wizard.

He's alot better than Paxson, that's for sure.

Come on.. more than half the teams in the league make the playoffs.. your point seems more like giving him credit for longevity than accomplishment. I'll that to a point. I'll give him credit for being good enough to stay in the league for 18 years... but top 5 GM? I don't see it.

Hustla23
07-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Come on.. more than half the teams in the league make the playoffs.. your point seems more like giving him credit for longevity than accomplishment. I'll that to a point. I'll give him credit for being good enough to stay in the league for 18 years... but top 5 GM? I don't see it.
lol Making the playoffs isn't an accomplishment? In my eyes, making the playoffs 95% of the time during your tenure is a testament to your managerial abilities.

The man came into the Pacers organization where they hadn't made the playoffs in over a decade and then transformed them into an NBA power house. I'd imagine they'd win a couple of titles if Jordan and company as well as the Knicks and Heat weren't around.

So yes, he is a top 5 GM , if not Top 3.

Draco
07-24-2009, 02:51 PM
lol Making the playoffs isn't an accomplishment? In my eyes, making the playoffs 95% of the time during your tenure is a testament to your managerial abilities.

The man came into the Pacers organization where they hadn't made the playoffs in over a decade and then transformed them into an NBA power house. I'd imagine they'd win a couple of titles if Jordan and company as well as the Knicks and Heat weren't around.

So yes, he is a top 5 GM , if not Top 3.

Dumars has 5 division titles (two more than Donnie), 3 conference titles (two more than Donnie), 1 championship (one more than Donnie) and 1 executive of the year award (one more than Donnie) in 9 seasons (half the time that Donnie's been at the helm).. now that my friend, is a top 5 GM. Donnie making the playoffs 13 out of 18 seasons for 72% of his career? Meh.

Hustla23
07-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Dumars has 5 division titles (two more than Donnie), 3 conference titles (two more than Donnie), 1 championship (one more than Donnie) and 1 executive of the year award (one more than Donnie) in 9 seasons (half the time that Donnie's been at the helm).. now that my friend, is a top 5 GM. Donnie making the playoffs 13 out of 18 seasons for 72% of his career? Meh.
Let's not make this about Dumars. I respected him as a top 5 GM before this offseason.

The guy traded his franchise point guard for a rental that horribly affected his team and then spent said cap space on sub-par players that are going to keep them in a state of "good but not good enough" for years to come.

Draco
07-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Let's not make this about Dumars. I respected him as a top 5 GM before this offseason.

The guy traded his franchise point guard for a rental that horribly affected his team and then spent said cap space on sub-par players that are going to keep them in a state of "good but not good enough" for years to come.

Walsh's body of work indicates to me that he's an above average GM. The fact that he hasn't once earned an executive of the year award in 18 years suggests that he isn't a top 5 GM. If I took a closer look at every GM in the league I'm pretty sure I could prove that in terms of the number of conference and division titles and championships secured.

Hustla23
07-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Walsh's body of work indicates to me that he's an above average GM. The fact that he hasn't once earned an executive of the year award in 18 years suggests that he isn't a top 5 GM. If I took a closer look at every GM in the league I'm pretty sure I could prove that in terms of the number of conference and division titles and championships secured.
Fair enough. I'd like to see it.

dwadefan03
07-24-2009, 03:34 PM
wheres pat riley?

kobe24>lebron23
07-24-2009, 03:36 PM
mitch kupchak has to be the best or second best gm in the league

RocketsRule
07-24-2009, 03:39 PM
1. RC Buford - Spurs
2. Donnie Walsh - Knicks
3. Kevin Pritchard - Blazers
4. Daryl Morey - Rockets
5. Geoff Pietrie - Kings

Draco
07-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Fair enough. I'd like to see it.

I'll take a look a bit later.

Hustla23
07-24-2009, 04:02 PM
I'll take a look a bit later.
If you can, a wall post or PM would be nice. Thanks

or I mean, you don't really have to.

We could just agree to disagree. I feel bad for wasting your time on such a trivial matter. I know I'd rather be doing something else.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 04:06 PM
1.danny ainge
2.spurs gm lol
3.mitch cupcheck
4.joe dumars
5.bryan colangelo
bc would be higher if he won a chip

lol

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-24-2009, 04:09 PM
larry riley

lol

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 04:12 PM
1. Buford-Spurs
2. Otis Smith-Magic
3. Jazz GM
4. Mitch Kupchak-Lakers GM
5. Blazers GM

itsripcity32
07-24-2009, 04:15 PM
1. RC Buford- Spurs
2. Sam Presti- MY THUNDER lol
3. Brian Colangelo- Raptors
4. Kevin Pritchard- Blazers
5. Mark Warkentien- Nuggets

other guys like Joe D, Walsh, etc. have the track record these are my current top 5

your 2-5 are whack

itsripcity32
07-24-2009, 04:18 PM
spurs,pistons,lakers. no particular order. these 3 teams ran on the 2000s

itsripcity32
07-24-2009, 04:19 PM
1. Buford-Spurs
2. Otis Smith-Magic
3. Jazz GM
4. Mitch Kupchak-Lakers GM
5. Blazers GM

i can't believe u put the jazz ahead of ur own team the lakers.

itsripcity32
07-24-2009, 04:25 PM

ben gordon and charlie v are "sup-par players"?

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 04:25 PM
i can't believe u put the jazz ahead of ur own team the lakers.

actually, I forgot the Pistons GM Joe Dumars, my bad. And yes, Mitch needs to continously do what he has been doing. those 01 and 02 titles were a result of jerry west teams that were already built. the core of shaq, kobe, fish, fox, horry.

jazz had 1 season of not making the playoffs, but the gm and the owner (RIP) kept Jerry Sloan and his system in tact for basically the last 20 yrs, with the pick and roll, and they've gotten players to complement stock-malone, deron-booz, and now deron-milsap. NBA finals appearance in 97 and 98, and WCF appearance in 07. They a classy organization and front office.

mrblisterdundee
07-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Thomas
Whitsitt
McHale
Kerr
Riley

b_rad23
07-24-2009, 04:53 PM
^

The Heat was up and down this decade.

Ok but being that there have only been 5 championship teams this decade (Riley's Heat being one of them) should he not be top 5?

Hustla23
07-24-2009, 05:24 PM
ben gordon and charlie v are "sup-par players"?
Not worth 11 million dollars, that's for sure.

itsripcity32
07-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Not worth 11 million dollars, that's for sure.

for a player entering the prime of his career at 26

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Ok but being that there have only been 5 championship teams this decade (Riley's Heat being one of them) should he not be top 5?

Not if he hasn't been consistant managing the team.

_KB24_
07-24-2009, 05:42 PM
1.Mitch
2.Spurs GM
3.Colangelo
4.Ainge
5.Chris Wallace :D

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 05:57 PM
1.Mitch
2.Spurs GM
3.Colangelo
4.Ainge
5.Chris Wallace :D

IMO #1, Dude is Jesus for helping us pull out that miracle with Pau

DetroitRipCity
07-24-2009, 06:06 PM

sub-par???? Your calling BG and CVill sub-par???? man get your head checked

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-24-2009, 06:17 PM
mitch kupchak has to be the best or second best gm in the league

mitch was put in a desperate situation where he had to get help to help out kobe before things got ugly, good gm's dont let that happen in the first place, therefore no hes not the best or 2nd but hes top 5 for sure . Buford IMO is the only one that has bee nthe most consistent from what ive seen and never having a high draft pick since duncan and still able to steal some players. they still ahve tiago splitter over seas and hes one of the best in europe as of right now, so once they can buyout his contract, watch out for them

DetroitRipCity
07-24-2009, 06:21 PM
everyone of these lists should have Joe Dumars on it.

6 straight conf finals appearances
2 Nba Finals Births
1 Nba Title

IversonIsKrazy
07-24-2009, 09:27 PM
The Spurs GM is the best, w/o a doubt. Drafting Ginobili 57th, keeping Duncan for all these years, making small moves like Mason, Hill, Bonner, Dyess & the Jefferson trade to be the best! Hes the best GM, and has the rings to prove it.

JWO35
07-24-2009, 09:31 PM
I really don't know a lot of GM names but I would have to say the Spurs GM is the best

fairandbalanced
07-24-2009, 09:33 PM

How can a guy who passed on Wade, Bosh, Melo be considered a top 5 GM? give me a break. He is a horrible gm that had some luck come his way, sorta like Mitch Kupchak. What they get was because someone else was willing to give, not because they drafted well.

Draco
07-24-2009, 09:38 PM
How can a guy who passed on Wade, Bosh, Melo be considered a top 5 GM? give me a break. He is a horrible gm that had some luck come his way, sorta like Mitch Kupchak. What they get was because someone else was willing to give, not because they drafted well.

How? I'm pretty sure I outlined how in my previous posts. I never wrote that Dumars never made mistakes and I don't agree that the measure of a GM is limited in scope to how they draft... how ridiculous is that. I couldn't care less where the players came from that led to Dumars divisions and conference titles and NBA championship in 9 seasons of work. The fact is he put together teams that produced results.

KB24PG16
07-24-2009, 09:43 PM
1.Spurs GM(They get steals in the draft and trades and has has 50 win seasons for 10 straight years.
2.Lakers GM(4 titles and a lot of wins)
3/4.Raptors GM(He has had good draft picks in Marion, Nash, Stoudimire and has had playoff teams a lot of times)
3/4.Pistons GM(Had 6 or 8 straight East fianls appearance)
5.?

west was the gm when the lakers won the first 2 or 3 i think

fairandbalanced
07-24-2009, 09:45 PM
How? I'm pretty sure I outlined how in my previous posts. I never wrote that Dumars never made mistakes and I don't agree that the measure of a GM is limited in scope to how they draft... how ridiculous is that. I couldn't care less where the players came from that led to Dumars divisions and conference titles and NBA championship in 9 seasons of work. The fact is he put together teams that produced results.

Truth is, the guy is horrible and stop trying to defend him. He took a chance on Rasheed and it panned out for him, other teams did not want that baggage. Don't give me that he's a good gm crap. How can a sane GM draft unproven Darko Millicic...because he does not want Melo taking minutes away from Prince. That guy clings to Tayshun prince as if he is something, dude sucks and that guy is so horrible that he can't see that.

Draco
07-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Truth is, the guy is horrible and stop trying to defend him. He took a chance on Rasheed and it panned out for him, other teams did not want that baggage. Don't give me that he's a good gm crap. How can a sane GM draft unproven Darko Millicic...because he does not want Melo taking minutes away from Prince. That guy clings to Tayshun prince as if he is something, dude sucks and that guy is so horrible that he can't see that.

You're stuck in 2003. That's your truth dude.. not mine.

Lakersfan2483
07-24-2009, 09:50 PM
RC Buford
Mitch Kupchak
Kevin Pritchard
Daryl Morey
The Orlando Magic GM (his name slips my mind at the moment)

Mikeleafs
07-24-2009, 09:51 PM
How does Dumars trade Billups for Alen Iverson?? LOL The biggest rape oif the season... hahaha

fairandbalanced
07-24-2009, 09:55 PM
How does Dumars trade Billups for Alen Iverson?? LOL The biggest rape oif the season... hahaha

Thanks...another blunder. The dude is just horrible, he will turn the Pistons into the Knicks in a New-York minute.

jdricks
07-24-2009, 09:57 PM
You're stuck in 2003. That's your truth dude.. not mine.

1)Darko
2)AI for Chauncey and Mcdyess.

That's two HUGE mistakes over the decade. He's good, but he is probably not top 5, IMO.

He got really lucky with a couple moves in Chauncey and the Wallaces and he made two terrible moves that he's feeling now.

durtee
07-24-2009, 10:00 PM
How do you luck your way into 6 straight conference finals appearances, 1 NBA championship and another finals appearance within 6 seasons? Completely idiotic to call it luck. Then again we are dealing with a couple Heat fans, so I shouldn't be surprised.

That said, Spurs GM is by far the best.

Draco
07-24-2009, 10:01 PM
1)Darko
2)AI for Chauncey and Mcdyess.

That's two HUGE mistakes over the decade. He's good, but he is probably not top 5, IMO.

He got really lucky with a couple moves in Chauncey and the Wallaces and he made two terrible moves that he's feeling now.

1. Darko in 2003. Championship in 2004.

2. I'm not caught up on the circumstances behind the AI/Chauncey trade. I'm not interested in researching it.. but if it was a mistake rather than something like a financial move in bad economic times then I'll forgive him that mistake in light of his previous successes. You can't stay on top with the same team forever..

lorenz00
07-24-2009, 10:01 PM
1. BC with the raptors.. Why? Making the phoenix one of the best team... rebuilding the raptors... and the offseason there having right now.
2. Rc Buford with the spurs... why? 3 rings as far as i know that they won.... + good offseason.
3.Kevin Pritchard with the blazers.. why? The Young Core of roy and aldrige good stuff to build on.
4.Kupchak- with the Lakers... why? the championship team he build last year.. + the gasol trade.
5.Joe Dumars with the Pistons why? the consecutive east finals appearance. hes number 5 because drafting darko milic than dwade or bosh XD biggest mistake draft ever!

itsripcity32
07-24-2009, 10:27 PM

yet.. they still won a championship

just cause u draft a great player doesn't mean u'll get a championship. look at james, carmello, and bosh. and wade only picked up one ring.

fairandbalanced
07-24-2009, 11:43 PM
yet.. they still won a championship

just cause u draft a great player doesn't mean u'll get a championship. look at james, carmello, and bosh. and wade only picked up one ring.

and Darko picked up 1 playing 0 minutes? So you're saying, with Wade, Melo or Bosh, they would not have won? This dude just traded his finals MVP and his best 6th man for Iverson. I looked in his eyes, and I saw a loser.

D-Will4Prez
07-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Kevin Pritchard is fail.

GodsSon
07-25-2009, 01:08 AM
how can pritchard be a top 5 GM when he's accomplished nothing and has only been a GM for like 4 years...yes he's made some good moves, but considering the Blazers had top picks for four or five consecutive years, including the #1 overall, it makes anyone's job that much easier

GodsSon
07-25-2009, 01:09 AM

VIP1349
07-25-2009, 01:54 AM
R.C. Buford: Spurs Nuff' said.

Denver 3 Headed Monster: Stan Kroenke, Mark Warkentien, and Rex Chapman. I include them together only because they are always included together. Obviously are GM is Marky Mark but he came in and cleaned up some of Kiki Vandeweghe’s mess and is still on the rise. I'd have to say they are one of the best front offices in the business.

itsripcity32
07-25-2009, 02:11 AM
and Darko picked up 1 playing 0 minutes? So you're saying, with Wade, Melo or Bosh, they would not have won? This dude just traded his finals MVP and his best 6th man for Iverson. I looked in his eyes, and I saw a loser.

a loser that has won a ring. what do u see in those so great players. james-sore loser. melo-been knocked out of the 8th seed since forever untill last season. bosh-can't even make the playoffs.

if the pistons had one of those players, how do you know they won't affect the team's chemistry like a.i.

u keep talking bout a.i, yet it was never bout a.i. it was bout getting the cap space for 2009 and spending it on the best players present.

NYKnicks4511
07-25-2009, 02:48 AM
Kevin Pritchard - Great on draft night, Roy, Aldridge, Bayless, Batum, all should be good/great players in the league if they aren't already.

Mitch Kupchak - Bringing in Pau Gasol was a great move, drafting Andrew Bynum out of High School a few years back, and of course accomodating Kobe isn't always easy to do but now he has a ring on his finger to show for his efforts. *Also* Trading for Ariza (even though he's gone now), signing Artest for the MLE, great moves.

Donnie Walsh - The guy showcased Crawford and Randolph for half a season and dealt them high, cleared up much needed cap space to put us in a good position to make a run at a big free Agent or maybe even two, in 2011. Though there haven't been many roster shake-ups, the Knicks are ready to make their move in free agency next year, because of Donnie.

Fireworld
07-25-2009, 03:03 AM
Mitch.

jdricks
07-25-2009, 03:09 AM
1. Darko in 2003. Championship in 2004.

2. I'm not caught up on the circumstances behind the AI/Chauncey trade. I'm not interested in researching it.. but if it was a mistake rather than something like a financial move in bad economic times then I'll forgive him that mistake in light of his previous successes. You can't stay on top with the same team forever..

If Wade, Melo, or even Bosh are picked there. There would have been more than one championship.

I'm not trying to say he is bad(he is really good) I just don't think he is top 5.

B.JenningsMVP
07-25-2009, 03:10 AM
Jerry West :) haha

abe_froman
07-25-2009, 03:46 AM
how can pritchard be a top 5 GM when he's accomplished nothing and has only been a GM for like 4 years...yes he's made some good moves, but considering the Blazers had top picks for four or five consecutive years, including the #1 overall, it makes anyone's job that much easier

because he took bloated and struggling franchise with a bad rep and in 4 years rebuilt it into one of the top teams in the west,duping other teams on draft night deals(foye for brandon roy and ty. thomas for lma,ect.)

...though there's usually a downfall that accompanies such gm's(falling inlove with with those prospects and holding on to them when you should let go)

jdricks
07-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Riley deserves some love.

Beno7500
07-25-2009, 04:28 AM

thank you! my thoughts exactly!

BoltLakerPadre
07-25-2009, 04:35 AM
Number 1 is still Jerry West, working it without the official title of GM.

blackjack_119
07-25-2009, 08:31 AM
1. RC Buford

2a. Kevin Pritchard
2b. Sam Presti
2c. Daryl Morey

5. Geoff Petrie

OG "Dee" LOCc
07-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Lol, Donnie Walsh unloaded Zach and crawford...
Then, he unloaded tim thomas and jerome james

He like fixed all of isiahs ***** except for curry and jeffries

hes a top 5 imo

idk about the rest

MAC10TIZZY
07-25-2009, 10:58 AM
otis smith!!!!!!!!
the only person i know that can sighn people like this in one summer

c.j. watson
m. barnes
vince carter
ryan anderson
brandon bass/gortat

MrFastBreak
07-25-2009, 11:46 AM
1. R.C. Buford
2. Sam Presti
3. Danny Ferry
4. Joe Dumars
5. Mitch Kupchak

KnicksR4Real
07-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Walsh is a great GM

Diggy_2
07-25-2009, 12:15 PM
john paxon is the best gm

Chronz
07-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Winning should play no role in this, it doesnt take a genius to manufacture a deal of Kwame for Pau. Finding quality players deep in drafts, insightfull signings that give you production way beyond their salary should matter above everything. With some added credit for willingness to spend to win, but thats more on the owner I guess,

MajorFloridaFan
07-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Danny ainge Otis smith mitch kupchek the dude from spurs and nuggets

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Number 1 is still Jerry West, working it without the official title of GM.

jerry west is VERY good im glad u mentioned it, made memphis a playoff team for awhile b4 he quit and im pretty sure he was gm when lakers got 3 peat? iono but i kno jerry accomplished manythings in teh FO

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Winning should play no role in this, it doesnt take a genius to manufacture a deal of Kwame for Pau. Finding quality players deep in drafts, insightfull signings that give you production way beyond their salary should matter above everything. With some added credit for willingness to spend to win, but thats more on the owner I guess,

yep iono why every1 is talking about wins , dats more of the coaches job .
like what u said , finding quality players that would fit to make a winning team, great trades to help out the team win, making acquisitions to make a winning team.

Chronz
07-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Building a great supporting cast is much harder than having the stars on the team, unless you made a move for a star that nobody thought you shouldve gotten.

glmaddog57
07-25-2009, 11:31 PM
3 division titles, 1 conference title and 0 championships, 0 executive of the year awards in 18 years.. How is donnie walsh a top 5 gm?

dumars dumars dumars boston lakers spurs

MSG34
07-25-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm surprised Rod Thorn hasn't gotten any recognition. He's been great for the Nets. Although I'm not so sure he qualifies as a GM