PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant is leaning towards playing for team USA in 2010 and 2012.

breedlove2drug
07-24-2009, 03:48 AM
Thoughts? Good, bad? elaborate

salimstoudamire
07-24-2009, 04:20 AM
actually, can you elaborate on why this would be a bad thing? i know he "may" lose a step in 2 years, but he will still be unbelievable. he was the workhorse on defense for them, and i dont expect that to change even in two years.

MajorFloridaFan
07-24-2009, 09:50 AM
How will it be bad......Mello Bron and Bryant with Howard in the post with bosh.....You just drool over that team for years..
The redeem team my man
Kobe locked down people on defense and drove to the hoop so well

MiamiHeat
07-24-2009, 09:57 AM
^ :pity:
forgot Wade...
Bryant will probably be coming off the bench and will be the "captain" in the team

MajorFloridaFan
07-24-2009, 10:03 AM
i did forgot wade wow im a dummy...
honestly with the career these guys are having this team could be as amazing as the original dream team

NIUHuskies
07-24-2009, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't be suprised to see Kobe starting.

JKidd was starting over CP3 and Deron in a few of those games.

If Kobe is going to be the captain I could totally see him starting and finishing games.

Vidball
07-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Bryant will probably be coming off the bench and will be the "captain" in the team

I doubt that...2010 is next summer--Bryant has a good chance to be coming off of Back-to-Back rings and Finals MVP's and will still be considered by some (if not most) to be the best in the game. He'll definitely be starting (either at SG or SF--he actually loves the SF role and it's an easy fit for him in international ball). I could definitely see either a lineup of:
Paul
Wade
Kobe
LeBron
Howard
6th-Melo

OR

Paul
Kobe
Melo
LeBron
Howard
6th-Wade

sp1derm00
07-24-2009, 11:04 AM
^ :pity:
forgot Wade...

Nope.

If anything, it would probably be:

CP3
Wade
Kobe
Lebron
Dwight

for the starting 5.

MiamiHeat
07-24-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm sorry Lakers fans I forgot your god can't come off the bench

:rolleyes:

NIUHuskies
07-24-2009, 11:19 AM

I'm not a Lakers fan. But going on past history of who started (Captain JKidd over CP3 as most recent) USA Basketball has tended to start veterans over younger players at that position.

I also agree with Kobe playing the 3.

Stop baiting.

K Thx Bye

FlakeyFool
07-24-2009, 11:40 AM
he'll need a cane

JWO35
07-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Kobe will be the Jason Kidd of the 2012 Olympics team.....Good idea if he still the same Kobe 3yrs from now. But, I don't want old people on the USA Team

bleedprple&gold
07-24-2009, 01:31 PM

I'm sure you think the same about Wade :rolleyes:

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Here is how I think the team would be.

I think Bryant will still be starting SG just like how Kidd was starting PG.

C-Howard, Bosh
PF-Carmelo, Griffin, Beasley*
SF-Lebron, Durant
SG-Bryant, Wade, Mayo*
PG-Paul, Williams, Rose

*Only room for 1 spot but I think Mayo will get it over Beasley though.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Why are you guys fighting who is on the bench or not?

It's already an honor to just be on the team. I don't think either one minds being 6th man.

MiamiHeat
07-24-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm sure you think the same about Wade :rolleyes:

when Wade came off the bench, I didn't make a big deal
but I mention Kobe coming of the bench all the LAKERS get all defensive

Zefflin
07-24-2009, 01:52 PM
You start too much **** Heatboy.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 01:54 PM
I actually agree with MiamiHeat.

I never saw anyone complain last year when Wade was on the bench but 1 word of Bryant off the bench and you guys start to get defensive.

MiamiHeat
07-24-2009, 01:54 PM
You start too much **** Heatboy.

:laugh2:
all I said was Kobe will "probably" come off the bench and Lakers fan got all defensive so calm down Lakerboy!

lakers4sho
07-24-2009, 01:57 PM
How about

Howard
James
Bryant
Wade
Paul

everyone happy?? :rolleyes:

Zefflin
07-24-2009, 02:06 PM
:laugh2:
all I said was Kobe will "probably" come off the bench and Lakers fan got all defensive so calm down Lakerboy!

Haha god damn Miami fans...

Illuminati999
07-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Team USA 2012 Starts

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: LeBron James
C: Dwight Howard

Why would it be any different? All of them are, except James, play their natural position. I understand international play is different that is why I do believe James will play PF as he did before. Carmelo Anthony cannot be a 6th math, as the team needs a higher octane player than him, like Dwayne Wade. Unless someone else accuses Kobe Bryant of rape, I doubt he'll come off the bench. This is coming from someone who hates the Lakers.

If this was, "hey lets get the 5 best individual players as starters" then, yes, It would be:

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Dwayne Wade
SF: Kobe Bryant
PF: LeBron James
C: Dwight Howard

static_inferno
07-24-2009, 02:18 PM
i think Wade did a great job of being 6th man for Team USA. he brought great scoring and playmaking off the bench. the starters should be the same as the Olympics but with CP3 starting instead of Kidd. glad to see Kobe wanting to play more in the international game.

b_rad23
I think by 2012 it will be

Paul
Wade
Durant
Lebron
Dwight

Zefflin
It took me 5 years to make the Redeem Team on Nba live. Kobe MVP when he was 36...so cool.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 02:26 PM
It took me 5 years to make the Redeem Team on Nba live. Kobe MVP when he was 36...so cool.

It's way harder to trade on 2K9.

I got most of the players in 2 years but I replaced Boozer, Prince, Kidd and Redd with Carter, Mcgrady, Lewis and Duncan.

C-Howard, Bosh
PF-Duncan, Carmelo, Lewis
SF-Bryant, Carter
SG-Wade, Williams, Mcgrady
PG-James, Paul

I did Fantasy Draft and got James and Bosh in the first and 2nd round while I traded for everyone else.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 03:16 PM
wutever be the case, Kobe and Wade MUST be starting. Make Wade PG and Kobe SG, or Wade SG and Kobe SF, but these two must be starting. They are the two best players in the NBA right now and the 2 best players that fit well for the international system.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 03:21 PM
good for me! It makes our US team better, and as a big time non Laker fan, it may contribute to slowing him down a bit as he ages. Win win for me

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 03:23 PM
wutever be the case, Kobe and Wade MUST be starting. Make Wade PG and Kobe SG, or Wade SG and Kobe SF, but these two must be starting. They are the two best players in the NBA right now and the 2 best players that fit well for the international system.

They are #2, #3 in the NBA right now. And why must both start???????????? They both play SG. Give me Chris Paul or Deron at the point, Wade or Kobe will have to come off the bench. Tough.

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 03:41 PM
i did forgot wade wow im a dummy...
honestly with the career these guys are having this team could be as amazing as the original dream team

sorry, but no. This will be a great team again if most of the stars return.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 04:03 PM
They are #2, #3 in the NBA right now. And why must both start???????????? They both play SG. Give me Chris Paul or Deron at the point, Wade or Kobe will have to come off the bench. Tough.

lol wut are u on??? wut actually defines a player to be great or be the best in the league---->FUNDAMENTALS, which ur boy Lebron lacks. I've said it numerous times, that Dwyane Wade (because he is younger), is the best player in the NBA, and Kobe right behind him (cuz yes, he is aging, that is the only reason why he is #2). Lebron is third because of his ridiculous raw skills, Tim Duncan 4th, and Chris Paul 5th.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 04:14 PM
lol wut are u on??? wut actually defines a player to be great or be the best in the league---->FUNDAMENTALS, which ur boy Lebron lacks. I've said it numerous times, that Dwyane Wade (because he is younger), is the best player in the NBA, and Kobe right behind him (cuz yes, he is aging, that is the only reason why he is #2). Lebron is third because of his ridiculous raw skills, Tim Duncan 4th, and Chris Paul 5th.

I define it as the player who is the best overall. There are 5'4" dudes with fundamentals. Doesn't really matter when they run into a 6'8" beast.
I am not going to argue you that LeBron is better, it is my personal opinion, and is shared by the majority of basketball fans. You are entitled to whatever opinion you desire.
And if LeBron is indeed raw, and still goes for 29/7/7, and finishes 2nd in DPOY, wins MVP, it doesn't bode well for those who hate him going forward.

B.JenningsMVP
07-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Kobe better come back! lol

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 04:19 PM
I define it as the player who is the best overall. There are 5'4" dudes with fundamentals. Doesn't really matter when they run into a 6'8" beast.
I am not going to argue you that LeBron is better, it is my personal opinion, and is shared by the majority of basketball fans. You are entitled to whatever opinion you desire.
And if LeBron is indeed raw, and still goes for 29/7/7, and finishes 2nd in DPOY, wins MVP, it doesn't bode well for those who hate him going forward.

we're talking about planet Earth, not Pluto

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 04:23 PM
we're talking about planet Earth, not Pluto

are you really that arrogant that you don't think that most neutral basketball fans don't think LeBron is the best in the world at this point??
And again, you are entitled to you're opinion. It is abundantly clear from the Kobe love all over you're sigs, that he is you're man. That is fine, no worries.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 04:28 PM
are you really that arrogant that you don't think that most neutral basketball fans don't think LeBron is the best in the world at this point??
And again, you are entitled to you're opinion. It is abundantly clear from the Kobe love all over you're sigs, that he is you're man. That is fine, no worries.

um, i said wade is best player, and kobe close 2nd, so i don't see the bias in there. but wutever, enjoy your day posting more nonsense :)

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 04:36 PM

:clap::clap: I agree with you

younggunn113
07-24-2009, 04:37 PM

Are you that arrogant to believe that you're far and away correct? If you look at the great debate on facebook which polled over 21,000 people, Lebron won the vote 50.3 to 49.7. I would say you cant get much closer to a 50-50 split than that. If you look at analysts in the NBA who are probably more educated on making a decision than all of us posters its probably close to 50/50. There is no right answer. Kobe and the Lakers won the championship though. Its really just preferance, but don't act like you're better than somebody else because they picked Kobe, when in fact half of America picked him as well...The question says is it a good idea, I say yes, they won a gold with him as a big part of the team and he played well down the stretch in the gold medal game and was probably our best perimeter defender..And he's a Coach K favorite. It would be a great idea

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 04:40 PM
:clap::clap: I agree with you

says the man who feels Allan Houston is the 3rd best in history behind MJ and his royal arseness

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 04:41 PM
says the man who feels Allan Houston is the 3rd best in history behind MJ and his royal arseness

These are my favorite all-time players. Thanks for noticing.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Are you that arrogant to believe that you're far and away correct? If you look at the great debate on facebook which polled over 21,000 people, Lebron won the vote 50.3 to 49.7. I would say you cant get much closer to a 50-50 split than that. If you look at analysts in the NBA who are probably more educated on making a decision than all of us posters its probably close to 50/50. There is no right answer. Kobe and the Lakers won the championship though. Its really just preferance, but don't act like you're better than somebody else because they picked Kobe, when in fact half of America picked him as well...The question says is it a good idea, I say yes, they won a gold with him as a big part of the team and he played well down the stretch in the gold medal game and was probably our best perimeter defender..And he's a Coach K favorite. It would be a great idea

he was our best defender hands down, but u can't forget how BOTH Wade and Mamba hoodalized Spain in the Gold Medal Game in the 4th Qtr

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 04:45 PM
These are my favorite all-time players. Thanks for noticing.

ya, Allan Houston was a great player actually. injuries and dumb knicks management hurt his career in the later stages. i remembered when he scored something like a ridiculous 53 and kobe scored like 40 something, and so houston in that regard outdueled kobe and the knicks won that game in LA. That was one of the greatest knick vs lakers game i had seen (retro style, when both teams were good, not discrediting the 61 at all)

i also remember that great game when #8 kobe went baseline and windmilled dunked on sprewell's ballz @ MSG. houston's 53 and kobe sick dunk at MSG were my 2 favorite games of retro lakers vs knicks

breedlove2drug
07-24-2009, 04:59 PM
How will it be bad......Mello Bron and Bryant with Howard in the post with bosh.....You just drool over that team for years..
The redeem team my man

I never said it was bad.. I asked your opinion.

breedlove2drug
07-24-2009, 05:06 PM

whattttt... are you seriously saying that wade is in front of kobe?

breedlove2drug
07-24-2009, 05:08 PM
he was our best defender hands down, but u can't forget how BOTH Wade and Mamba hoodalized Spain in the Gold Medal Game in the 4th Qtr

I agree with that. Kobe made 2 or 3 huge shots in the end to win the Gold. With Wade being a flare to get us to win

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 05:26 PM
ya, Allan Houston was a great player actually. injuries and dumb knicks management hurt his career in the later stages. i remembered when he scored something like a ridiculous 53 and kobe scored like 40 something, and so houston in that regard outdueled kobe and the knicks won that game in LA. That was one of the greatest knick vs lakers game i had seen (retro style, when both teams were good, not discrediting the 61 at all)

i also remember that great game when #8 kobe went baseline and windmilled dunked on sprewell's ballz @ MSG. houston's 53 and kobe sick dunk at MSG were my 2 favorite games of retro lakers vs knicks

My Knicks havent been the same since he left, but thats another topic:pity:

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 05:35 PM
um, i said wade is best player, and kobe close 2nd, so i don't see the bias in there. but wutever, enjoy your day posting more nonsense :)

That's the biggest lie I've ever seen you post.

I've seen you say Kobe is the best in the league before.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 05:55 PM
That's the biggest lie I've ever seen you post.

I've seen you say Kobe is the best in the league before.

maybe i have in the spur of the moment when comparing kobe and lebron, but we really tend to overlook wade. from a basketball skill standpoint, wade is better than lebron, and due to age, he is better than kobe. I see the evolution of Jordan to Bryant to Wade

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 06:02 PM
maybe i have in the spur of the moment when comparing kobe and lebron, but we really tend to overlook wade. from a basketball skill standpoint, wade is better than lebron, and due to age, he is better than kobe. I see the evolution of Jordan to Bryant to Wade

Wade is better than Lebron?

Most people would rather have a 6'9 triple double threat over a 6'4 slashing machine.

The only thing I can think of right now that Wade probably has on Lebron is defense, speed, and free throw shots. And Lebron is pretty quick and is showng a glimmer of hope to become a every good defender.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 06:07 PM

First off, I stated it is of my opinion that LeBron is better. And one facebook poll? WHo cares. I am not acting that way dude. SOrry. I stated my opinion when he said Kobe was 1, Wade 2, and was made fun of for it.
I also said neutral fans. Take all the votes away from LA and Cleveland fans. Lets see what happens.
And I agree, for our country, I would also prefer to have Kobe on the team. WHen did that come up?

lakerssssssss
07-24-2009, 06:10 PM
lets c
kobe 4 rings
wade 1 ring
lebron 0 rings
regular season accomplishments dont mean that much
its the playoffs that count
kobe has 1 finals mvp
wade has 1 finals mvp
lebron has never even won a game in the finals
so all u ppl that say lebron is the best stfu until he actually wins something

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 06:11 PM

have you forgotten that LeBron basically played free safety in the Olympics as well?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 06:12 PM
^2 post above.

Scalabrine has won more titles than Lebron.

So Scalabrine is better than Lebron?

lakerssssssss
07-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Wade is better than Lebron?

Most people would rather have a 6'9 triple double threat over a 6'4 slashing machine.

The only thing I can think of right now that Wade probably has on Lebron is defense, speed, and free throw shots. And Lebron is pretty quick and is showng a glimmer of hope to become a every good defender.
wade also has 1 ring more than lebron, but u conveniently 4got that.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 06:14 PM

who overlooks Wade? I don't.
Look, you are a Kobe fan. There is nothing wrong with that. He can make a claim as the best in the game. But I think he has been pushed aside by James at this point. You don't.
Continue making fun of me. It makes you look cool. You are on purpose leaving James out, as you have done on numerous threads, because he has started to garner more attention than you're boy. Grow up about it.
Basketball has a lot more to it than fundamentals. If that is the only definition you have of greatness, than if I ever see you rate Shaq as a top 10 center, I am gonna jump all over you. The same argument that people make against LeBron, (he isn't skilled, he relies on size, blah, blah, fkin blah) are the same argument people had against Shaq. I dont care how you get 30/7/7 at the SF position, or 30/13/3 at the center position. YOu are dominating

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Lebron can easily win a title if he had the help Wade and Kobe had.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 06:15 PM
wade also has 1 ring more than lebron, but u conveniently 4got that.

paging Mr. O'Neal. I think we have all been over this before.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 06:16 PM
^2 post above.

Scalabrine has won more titles than Lebron.

So Scalabrine is better than Lebron.

Robert Horry has 7. He is better than Jordan

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 06:18 PM
lets c
kobe 4 rings
wade 1 ring
lebron 0 rings
regular season accomplishments dont mean that much
its the playoffs that count
kobe has 1 finals mvp
wade has 1 finals mvp
lebron has never even won a game in the finals
so all u ppl that say lebron is the best stfu until he actually wins something

are you seriously going down this path????

LeBrons teammates: Wally, Delonte, Big Z, Varejo, Ben Wallace, should I continue?
Kobe: Shaq, Fisher, Odom, Gasol, Bynum, Shaw, Horry, Fox, do I really need to continue here?
Wade: Shaq, Haslem, Posey, I think I can stop there

See any trends??

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Robert Horry has 7. He is better than Jordan

You also have Adam Morrison being better than guys like Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and John Stockton.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 06:27 PM
before u even wrote anything, i knew you were a ****** because
no sane person will have raps08-09 champ.
now u just confirmed that you are a ******.
whenever i bring up the topic of rings all the idiots respond but(insert sucky player here) won - rings so that means he's better than (any good player who never won a ring)
what these idiots fail to understand is that
winning a ring is not the same as being a major part in winning the ring.
both kobe and wade have a finals mvp and
that does make them better than lebron.
please do me a favor and do not respond.
YOU already made it abundantly clear how stupid you are,
there is no need to write anything more.
so long, loser.

hey dude, grow up. YOU are the one who started with the rings stuff. You are measuring a 30 year old man, who walked straight into playing with the most physically dominating centers ever. He won this year, with a roster that was unmatched depth and talent wise, and there are 30 threads to prove that all you Lakers fans agree with this.
LeBron has had absolutely zero talent around him. I find it ironic that anyone gives credit to the Cavs, and their management over the past 15 years. They had a gift land to them. Outside that, they are terrible at getting talent.
You can not just factor that stuff in. If so, than Tim Duncan was THE integral part of winning 4 rings. Shaq 3. Kobe 1.
And for someone who has 40 posts, you may not wanna come on here slamming people for not buying the same tedious argument that a child would use.
Move on to another Laker/Kobe thread, there are bound to be at least 10 active ones right now

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 06:28 PM
have you forgotten that LeBron basically played free safety in the Olympics as well?

not in the most important game of the tournament, the GOLD, the game that was the closest, we won only by 11. I believe that was indeed our smallest margin of victory. and the only game in the tournament we gve up over 100 pts. I belive we won 118-107. Lebron was horrendous defensively in the most important game, and subpar offensively

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 06:30 PM
hey dude, grow up. YOU are the one who started with the rings stuff. You are measuring a 30 year old man, who walked straight into playing with the most physically dominating centers ever. He won this year, with a roster that was unmatched depth and talent wise, and there are 30 threads to prove that all you Lakers fans agree with this.
LeBron has had absolutely zero talent around him. I find it ironic that anyone gives credit to the Cavs, and their management over the past 15 years. They had a gift land to them. Outside that, they are terrible at getting talent.
You can not just factor that stuff in. If so, than Tim Duncan was THE integral part of winning 4 rings. Shaq 3. Kobe 1.
And for someone who has 40 posts, you may not wanna come on here slamming people for not buying the same tedious argument that a child would use.
Move on to another Laker/Kobe thread, there are bound to be at least 10 active ones right now

that not wut i heard after sweeping pistons and hawks :)

Hawkeye15
not in the most important game of the tournament, the GOLD, the game that was the closest, we won only by 11. I believe that was indeed our smallest margin of victory. and the only game in the tournament we gve up over 100 pts. I belive we won 118-107. Lebron was horrendous defensively in the most important game, and subpar offensively

well, I am not going to debate the LeBron/Kobe/Wade stuff anymore. You have you're opinion, I have mine. So does the rest of the world. We don't agree on what we see on the court. I wonder how many Cavs games you watch though. Just curious, not calling you this or that.
all that being said, yes, I would love to have Kobe on team US next time around.

S-Dot
before u even wrote anything, i knew you were a ****** because
no sane person will have raps08-09 champ.
now u just confirmed that you are a ******.
whenever i bring up the topic of rings all the idiots respond but(insert sucky player here) won - rings so that means he's better than (any good player who never won a ring)
what these idiots fail to understand is that
winning a ring is not the same as being a major part in winning the ring.
both kobe and wade have a finals mvp and
that does make them better than lebron.
please do me a favor and do not respond.
YOU already made it abundantly clear how stupid you are,
there is no need to write anything more.
so long, loser.

what is this?

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 06:31 PM
that not wut i heard after sweeping pistons and hawks :)

Doesn't matter what you heard. Matters what reality is.
And LeBron beat those teams by himself. He didn't have enough to get by Orlando

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 06:33 PM
well, I am not going to debate the LeBron/Kobe/Wade stuff anymore. You have you're opinion, I have mine. So does the rest of the world. We don't agree on what we see on the court. I wonder how many Cavs games you watch though. Just curious, not calling you this or that.
all that being said, yes, I would love to have Kobe on team US next time around.

thats kool yo

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 06:36 PM
u r so stupid.
let me break it down for you.
lebrons teamates: 1 all star in mo williams, yet he still lost to the magic
kobe: shaq, kobe won ring w/o shaq, fisher, hit big shots but otherwise completely sucked throughout playoffs, bynum, r u kidding me. bynum was horrible in the playoffs, shaw, good role player(lebron also has good role players such as wally)
horry: hit big shots but is in no means an amazing player
fox: another role player that is decent but not great
wade had an old shaq who did next to nothing to win that ring, haslem is not that good and posey is a pretty good role player.
as u can tell, lebron had 1 all star last year, kobe had 1 allstar
wade won without much help.
lebron has yet to win anything.
the only award in the post season that lebron could win in the SORE LOSER AWARD.
so once again stfu UNTIL LEBRON WINS SOMETHING

Mo Williams (who was let go by Milwaukee to allow Sessions to play) was thrown a bone by Stern when Jameer went out. Please
You forgot Gasol, whom many Laker fans claim is the #2 PF in the game. Bynum? I thought he was the 2nd coming of Jabbar to yo uguys
Odom, Ariza, Fox, Shaw, Horry, Fisher, Shaq, do I really need to go on dude???
Seriously, you look like a fool. Stop with the insults. If you can honestly say that the talent level that Kobe has had around him over his career is not EXPONENTIALLY better than what LeBron has had, than you need to go down the library, and get Basketball for Dummies. As soon as possible.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 06:38 PM
lakerssssssssssssssss and raps08-09champs, can we please stop being childish debating which of one of you is competing the hardest for who's "stupider" ???

Can't u guys just bury the hatchet and just respect each other's opinions like Hawkeye and me? We may not completely agree with one another, but at the end of the day, we respect each others as PSD NBA posters

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 06:40 PM
thats kool yo

sweet. peace bro

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 06:41 PM
stop saying stupid things and learn how to spell
your is spelled you are or you're
u obviously did not know that.
lebron this year had the same talent as the lakers team this year and probably more talent than miami heat 06 team.
do not say they did not because cavs had better record than lakers
lebron just could not do anything in the playoffs once again
what a shock.

No, just no. I don't even think it necessary to argue that. No.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 06:41 PM
stop saying stupid things and learn how to spell
your is spelled you are or you're
u obviously did not know that.
lebron this year had the same talent as the lakers team this year and probably more talent than miami heat 06 team.
do not say they did not because cavs had better record than lakers
lebron just could not do anything in the playoffs once again
what a shock.

wow dude.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 06:47 PM
wow dude.

don't get in the middle of them, its kinda funny seeing them gut it out trying to kill each other over the internet. lol

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 06:48 PM
blah blah blah blah blah
i keep on reading your posts looking for something intelligent and can not seem to find it.
and btw MIND YOUR OWN ****ING BUSINESS
I WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU
LET RAPS08-09 TRY TO DEFEND HIMSELF
U R NOT HIS PERSONAL LAWYER.

what is this? if you are not goin stick to the Kobe Olympic topic, at least stick to basketball.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 06:48 PM
He actually thinks the Cavs had a better team than the 00-02 Lakers team.

He seems to think otherwise. If anything, you tell him. I respect your opinion. Just not that jack***.

lakkkkerrsssssss, the lakers had a better supporting cast than the cavs. now stop with all this crap. Please!!

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Just stop the madness, this arguing is TEARING US APART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahaha,lol

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 06:56 PM
:laugh:

You were just trying to make fun of me for my spelling mistake.

And why argue it when he already proved my point. I never asked him to argue for me BTW so I don't know wth you're talking about.

Give up with this dude; you will have 4,000 posts by the time this ends

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 06:56 PM
lakersssssss, either make an intelligent, well thought out post, or go away. You are exactly the reason many on PSD depise the Lakers.
Insults will get you no respect on these boards.
Last time I am responding to you on this thread, just trying to be friendly, even though you haven't earned it.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 07:02 PM
hey lakersssssssssssssssssssssssss, play nice now

lorenz00
07-24-2009, 07:06 PM
kobe + team usa = gold

JWO35
07-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Team USA - Kobe = Gold

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 07:08 PM
kobe + team usa = gold

way to stay on topic dude; glad you ignored the posts above you.

breedlove2drug
07-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Wow... it's hilarious how the topic I posted ended up being about grammar

breedlove2drug
07-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Anyway, I do believe that Kobe is going to have a huge impact on the U.S team. Definitely going to be a starter

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Team USA - Kobe = Gold

:crazy::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:: drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::crazy:

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Kobe is going to be that veteran presense. I think he should be good.

Kind of find it hard that last year was his first Olympic team.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 07:17 PM
back to topic!

PG Deron Williams (I felt in the international game, Deron is a bit more effective than CP3)
SG Flash
SF Mamba
PF Bron Bron
C Dwight

ink
07-24-2009, 07:20 PM
back to topic!

Thank you!

Raps18-19 Champ
back to topic!

PG Deron Williams (I felt in the international game, Deron is a bit more effective than CP3)
SG Flash
SF Mamba
PF Bron Bron
C Dwight

I think Paul is more fit for Mike K's game more than Williams.

And if no one else can be that scoring punch in the 2nd unit, I still see either Wade or Kobe off the benhc but getting starter minutes.

ko8e24

I feel he will also play in 2016 lol.

thats wishful thinking, but the only reason I am sayin that is because the olympics has the potential of being held at Chicago in 2016. Wouldn't Kobe relish leading the US group of athletes in the opening ceremony holding that RED-WHITE-BLUE Flag??? And I think he would love playing his final professional basketball game representing his country. (and i dont mean Italy lol)

breedlove2drug

I know. They didn't do a good job on organizing a solitary team. They just invited random players when the olympics came around. But, Coach K turned that around. Thank God for him being keen for success

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 07:21 PM
BTW: Lol at the 24 deleted post.

JWO35
07-24-2009, 07:21 PM
:crazy::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:: drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::crazy:

Yes....yes I am :drunk:

But, I think Kobe skills will decrease over the years ...

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 07:22 PM
I feel he will also play in 2016 lol.

thats wishful thinking, but the only reason I am sayin that is because the olympics has the potential of being held at Chicago in 2016. Wouldn't Kobe relish leading the US group of athletes in the opening ceremony holding that RED-WHITE-BLUE Flag??? And I think he would love playing his final professional basketball game representing his country. (and i dont mean Italy lol)

I think Kobe retires at the age of 35 because he has already acheived a lot.

S-Dot
back to topic!

SG Flash
SF Mamba
PF Bron Bron
C Dwight

I think Melo will be there in the starting lineup somewhere. Not sure how that Kobe/D-Wade situation will workout. I still think one of them will be 6th man. You think it's possible...

PG-D-Wade
SG-Kobe
SF-LBJ
PF-Melo
C- Dwight

I know there is no true PG, but it can still work.

Raps18-19 Champ
I know. They didn't do a good job on organizing a solitary team. They just invited random players when the olympics came around. But, Coach K turned that around. Thank God for him being keen for success

They try to invite young guys thats why.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 07:23 PM
I think Melo will be there in the starting lineup somewhere. Not sure how that Kobe/D-Wade situation will workout. I still think one of them will be 6th man. You think it's possible...

PG-D-Wade
SG-Kobe
SF-LBJ
PF-Melo
C- Dwight

I know there is no true PG, but it can still work.

All of Lebron, Wade and Kobe's handling and passing skills should make up for it.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Yes....yes I am :drunk:

But, I think Kobe skills will decrease over the years ...

k

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 07:25 PM
oh wow, i completely forgot about Melo. In that case, I don't think either Paul or William will start. you can just have this lineup

PG Wade
SG Bryant
SF Anthony
PF James
C Howard

breedlove2drug
07-24-2009, 07:26 PM
They try to invite young guys thats why.

Oh, I didn't know that. That was not a smart thing to do. 2004 was full of young guys, it sucked

JWO35
07-24-2009, 07:27 PM
USA Team Roster (My Prediction)
PG. Chris Paul/Derron Williams/ Derrick Rose
SG. Kobe Bryant/ Dwayne Wade/ OJ Mayo
SF. LeBron James/ Kevin Durant
PF. Carmelo Anthony/ Blake Griffin
C. Dwight Howard/ Chris Bosh

No idea how many spots are open....

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Oh, I didn't know that. That was not a smart thing to do. 2004 was full of young guys, it sucked

They had Marbury on that team. That's why.

ko8e24
07-24-2009, 07:30 PM
how bout we play 1 on 5

melo vs the world in the 1st qtr (since he gets off the quickest in the 1st qtr of every game)

lebron vs the world in the 2nd qtr

wade vs the world in the 3rd qtr

kobe (the best closer vs the world in the 4th qtr.

This equals 2012 Olympic Gold

lol

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 07:37 PM

That 2004 team had many people who just weren't ready to win gold. If the nucleus stays along with the players JWO35 mentioned, this will be a dominant team...NO DREAM TEAM, but dominant.

MELO 15
07-24-2009, 07:42 PM
All of Lebron, Wade and Kobe's handling and passing skills should make up for it.

I don't think people realize that Melo has better handle then lebron, If you watch lebron get by people, its not because of his handle, its mostly because of pick and rolls, and his ability to use his explosive quickness and strength to get by his defenders, some of the times, I think he's charging. And wade gets away with the most traveling of any player. Melo on the other hand creates off his dribble. Thats why he is the best all around offensive player in the game. Now as for some people who are stating that wade or lebron is better than kobe, you must be out your mind. Kobe is the best player in the game. Lebron is the best all around player in the game, and Melo is the best all around offensive player in the game. Where that leaves wade? maybe the most fearless player in the game.

S-Dot
07-24-2009, 07:43 PM

That 2004 team had many people who just weren't ready to win gold. If the nucleus stays along with the players JWO35 mentioned, this will be a dominant team...NO DREAM TEAM, but dominant.

MELO 15
07-24-2009, 08:07 PM

It's amazin how people talk about wade and lebron, first off lebron does not have better handle then Melo, Melo will lose his man using the dribble, lebron when he wants to get by his man, he has to use the screen to be able to use the that quick step which is explosive and it doesn't hurt,when he is very strong to fend off defenders, Wade on the other hand carrys the ball like its his baby, Ive never seen a player in the nba who takes as many steps as he does. There's nothing I can say about kobe, I use to hate his arragant attitude, but he's changed in my eyes. But kobe will be kobe, in translation he is the best. Here how it is. Kobe is the best player in basketball, Lebron is the best all around player, Melo is the best all around offensive player, meaning he has it all, the post up game, one of the best mid range shots in the game,he can shoot the three off the dribble stop,n pop. you know offense as for wade id say he is the most fearless player in the game and I don't know if that a good thing or not. But you certainly can't say that lebron or wade, especially wade is better then kobe.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't think people realize that Melo has better handle then lebron, If you watch lebron get by people, its not because of his handle, its mostly because of pick and rolls, and his ability to use his explosive quickness and strength to get by his defenders, some of the times, I think he's charging. And wade gets away with the most traveling of any player. Melo on the other hand creates off his dribble. Thats why he is the best all around offensive player in the game. Now as for some people who are stating that wade or lebron is better than kobe, you must be out your mind. Kobe is the best player in the game. Lebron is the best all around player in the game, and Melo is the best all around offensive player in the game. Where that leaves wade? maybe the most fearless player in the game.

I think Melo is the best scorer as well, he can do it in a number of ways. But LeBron using his strength is a skill. LeBron is more unstoppable, easy. But Melo is a pure scorer, just not a lot else
And why can't you think LeBron or Wade is the best, referring to you're other post? Its a free country, and there isn't a clear cut argument for any of them, so it needs to be left up to the fan.
LeBron
Kobe
Wade

that's mine. I am not telling you or anyone else that I am right, you are wrong.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-24-2009, 09:23 PM
It's amazin how people talk about wade and lebron, first off lebron does not have better handle then Melo, Melo will lose his man using the dribble, lebron when he wants to get by his man, he has to use the screen to be able to use the that quick step which is explosive and it doesn't hurt,when he is very strong to fend off defenders, Wade on the other hand carrys the ball like its his baby, Ive never seen a player in the nba who takes as many steps as he does. There's nothing I can say about kobe, I use to hate his arragant attitude, but he's changed in my eyes. But kobe will be kobe, in translation he is the best. Here how it is. Kobe is the best player in basketball, Lebron is the best all around player, Melo is the best all around offensive player, meaning he has it all, the post up game, one of the best mid range shots in the game,he can shoot the three off the dribble stop,n pop. you know offense as for wade id say he is the most fearless player in the game and I don't know if that a good thing or not. But you certainly can't say that lebron or wade, especially wade is better then kobe.

Lebron and Wade are better than Carmelo.

Only thing Carmelo has over them is that he is a pure scorer but even then, Lebron and Wade averages more points than him.

madiaz3
07-24-2009, 10:28 PM

The clear cut majority do not think Lebron is the best. It isn't dominant in favor of Kobe either. There was a short-lasted surge after the Hawks got swept and after Lebron hit his game winner, but that died down.

ko8e24
07-25-2009, 02:40 AM
Whatever may be the case, Kobe and Team USA (Yes, must respect the veteran on the teams that will be 2010 and 2010), we will prevail with GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pornstar86
07-25-2009, 04:31 AM
The redeem team my man

im pretty sure that in 2012 wade will be the starting SG

CP3/Williams
Wade/Kobe
Lebron/Durantula
Bosh/Melo/Beasley (I could only wish!)
Howard/Amare

thats a sick lineup