metfan4life775
07-24-2009, 01:28 AM
kool

FarmioFan1
07-24-2009, 01:31 AM
Too bad during his speech today he called DeWayne Wise, "Weiss"

Joe505
07-24-2009, 01:42 AM
It's awesome, I know he's a White sox fan...but where's the call to Johnathan Sanchez??? Just kidding, Congrats Buehrle.

DewsSox79
07-24-2009, 01:53 AM
It's awesome, I know he's a White sox fan...but where's the call to Johnathan Sanchez??? Just kidding, Congrats Buehrle.

:) :) :) does it count if i give some props to sanchez? his no no was sweet too!

NYYCowboys
07-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Obama should worry more about fixing the economy and less about the Whitesox this guy is a joke he's more of a celebrity than a President.

NYM-RMCF-DM
07-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Meh...cool

TheHoopsProphet
07-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Obama should worry more about fixing the economy and less about the Whitesox this guy is a joke he's more of a celebrity than a President.

as someone who vouched for him when elected to office, I completely agree with you.

lamar2006
07-24-2009, 02:06 AM

maybe if you conservatives actually brought ideas on how to do anything we could have sped up the recovery. oh wait its the republicans who know how to **** up an economy. its better if your joke of a party just stays in the sidelines and watch how we recover under this president.

abe_froman
07-24-2009, 02:08 AM

its 15 ****ing mins out of one day,my god lay off it.

were you complaining when bush was going to a birthday party while people died in n.o.(i'm guessing not).but this is over the line to you?

...give me break,whatever happened to politics stopping at the waters edge.

Havoc Wreaker
07-24-2009, 02:10 AM

Can't let an opportunity to take a shot slip away eh?

Let the guy try to fix it before you ****ing crucify him, Bush had 8 years to **** it all up, now Obama can't even have 2 to try and fix it?

NYYCowboys
07-24-2009, 02:26 AM
I really don't feel like getting into politics in this forum, but you usually don't get to see an administration's effects on the economy until years after they are out of office...hence why during Clinton's term in office the economy was so good because of REAGAN'S policies. Now you are seeing the effects of the terrible decision making and outrageous spending and unlimited credit handed out during CLINTON'S terrible presidency. So don't blame my boy GWB because the media brain washed you into thinking he was a bad president cuz they are liberal **** suckers.

redwhitenblue
07-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Can't let an opportunity to take a shot slip away eh?

Let the guy try to fix it before you ****ing crucify him, Bush had 8 years to **** it all up, now Obama can't even have 2 to try and fix it?
It wasn't 8 years of a **** up, it was actually rebounding nicely for a few years before falling again-and blaming Bush for it is just amusing.

It should have been a sign when Obama went from saying "I'll be bringing the troops back from Iraq" to "It may take more than a year, it may take more than a term, I will try though." And he's not really wrong, since his election Obama has been more of a celebrity than a politician.

DewsSox79
07-24-2009, 02:29 AM
omfg this is about his call to buehrle not a political debate. my god let that **** go or go to a different forum to discuss it.

NYYCowboys
07-24-2009, 02:30 AM
It wasn't 8 years of a **** up, it was actually rebounding nicely for a few years before falling again-and blaming Bush for it is just amusing.

It should have been a sign when Obama went from saying "I'll be bringing the troops back from Iraq" to "It may take more than a year, it may take more than a term, I will try though." And he's not really wrong, since his election Obama has been more of a celebrity than a politician.

Amen brother.

Wiz kids
07-24-2009, 02:32 AM

I agree, Obama: "I talked to Buehrle on the phone on Air Force One, it's one of the privileges as president." Really........

djeller1139
07-24-2009, 02:42 AM
Pretty cool.

DewsSox79
07-24-2009, 02:49 AM

yeah cus 2 secs out of his day is going to change the whole economy. hell maybe he shouldnt sleep either

NYYCowboys
07-24-2009, 02:55 AM
yeah cus 2 secs out of his day is going to change the whole economy. hell maybe he shouldnt sleep either

It's more out of principle... when the economy is bad and people are really struggling and losing their jobs he shouldn't be out there gossiping in the clubhouse with baseball players and making himself out to be such a celebrity when he has more important things at hand. What kinda message is it sending when someone loses their job and the guy who supposed to be helping them out is focused on sports, and being in the limelight.

yanks 4lif3
07-24-2009, 02:56 AM
NYY with all respect, this isn't a politics forum. Keep your political views out of the baseball forum.

NYYCowboys
07-24-2009, 03:00 AM
NYY with all respect, this isn't a politics forum. Keep your political views out of the baseball forum.

I know sorry I get fired up over things like this.

DewsSox79
07-24-2009, 03:04 AM
I know sorry I get fired up over things like this.

buddy, i am 100% affected by this bad economy, do i have a job? yes....i am a General Manager of a Auto Dealership and i will tell you this, his 2 mins phoning buehrle did not affect my paycheck. but again this is a topic for another forum.

JMac9
07-24-2009, 03:08 AM
Face it. Bush ****ed up. Give Obama a brake.

But anyway, cool stuff. Congratz Mark!

NYYCowboys
07-24-2009, 03:11 AM
buddy, i am 100% affected by this bad economy, do i have a job? yes....i am a General Manager of a Auto Dealership and i will tell you this, his 2 mins phoning buehrle did not affect my paycheck. but again this is a topic for another forum.

W/e let's drop it....on a baseball note though how weird is it that we haven't played you guys yet...and of course we're gonna hafta play you guys while you're hot now.

lamar2006
07-24-2009, 03:11 AM
I really don't feel like getting into politics in this forum, but you usually don't get to see an administration's effects on the economy until years after they are out of office...hence why during Clinton's term in office the economy was so good because of REAGAN'S policies. Now you are seeing the effects of the terrible decision making and outrageous spending and unlimited credit handed out during CLINTON'S terrible presidency. So don't blame my boy GWB because the media brain washed you into thinking he was a bad president cuz they are liberal **** suckers.

brain washed!! the only persons brain washed are those who watch fixed news. these people cant think on their own so they have to be told what to think. yes GWB is the best economic expert. you neocons have no ideas so you start to blame everyone else since you can think on your own and you just have to say no to everything those are the words limbaugh and hannity programmed into your heads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfYFKzkgKKk

NYYCowboys
07-24-2009, 03:16 AM
brain washed!! the only persons brain washed are those who watch fixed news. these people cant think on their own so they have to be told what to think. yes GWB is the best economic expert. you neocons have no ideas so you start to blame everyone else since you can think on your own and you just have to say no to everything those are the words limbaugh and hannity programmed into your heads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfYFKzkgKKk

W/e man I don't wanna get into it anymore. I completely disagree with you and vise versa and there's no way we're going to settle anything besides get infractions for going nuts on each other.

Inferno50
07-24-2009, 03:19 AM
maybe he called him on his smoke break

Squad13
07-24-2009, 03:27 AM
It's more out of principle... when the economy is bad and people are really struggling and losing their jobs he shouldn't be out there gossiping in the clubhouse with baseball players and making himself out to be such a celebrity when he has more important things at hand. What kinda message is it sending when someone loses their job and the guy who supposed to be helping them out is focused on sports, and being in the limelight.

He called him on airforce one, the first thing I thought when I saw this was "Republicans are going t have a field day with this" no joke. Lets gets real there is obviously much much much more important **** but he called him for a few minutes on air force one, its his home town and he called a guy to congratulate him on a amazing performance nothing more nothing less. He knows there is more important things going on and it probably lasted no more than 10 minutes, get over it. Making a mountain out of a ****ing mole hill, I hate politics.

DewsSox79
07-24-2009, 03:29 AM
W/e let's drop it....on a baseball note though how weird is it that we haven't played you guys yet...and of course we're gonna hafta play you guys while you're hot now.

yanks are just sick. i wish we didnt have to face em, it will come down to pitching. i dont hate the yankees, how can i they have 26 or whatever titles and are what most people think of when someone says baseball. should be fun.

DewsSox79
07-24-2009, 03:31 AM
guys-

stop the politcal debate. pointless. and there will be infractions. so just stop.

redwhitenblue
07-24-2009, 03:37 AM
guys-

stop the politcal debate. pointless. and there will be infractions. so just stop.
Oookay mod :rolleyes:

NYYCowboys
07-24-2009, 03:37 AM
yanks are just sick. i wish we didnt have to face em, it will come down to pitching. i dont hate the yankees, how can i they have 26 or whatever titles and are what most people think of when someone says baseball. should be fun.

Yeah def should be fun could be a playoff preview...If the season ended today we'd either play you guys or the Tigers in the ALDS...but I think you guys are gonna win it....you guys are good but I wouldn't wanna face Verlander and Edwin Jackson in a 5 game series.

The Schmooze
07-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Thats why there needs to be some type of politics forum on PSD...activity would go through the roof!

CQSox305
07-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Now all you cubs fans that love Obama are gonna start switching over to the Sox. The team that throws no hitters, wins world series, perfect games, grand slams. Follow a real baseball team!

Hustla23
07-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Thats why there needs to be some type of politics forum on PSD...activity would go through the roof!
:laugh:

devildog
07-24-2009, 11:41 AM
maybe if you conservatives actually brought ideas on how to do anything we could have sped up the recovery. oh wait its the republicans who know how to **** up an economy. its better if your joke of a party just stays in the sidelines and watch how we recover under this president.

Lol you have got to be kidding, Obama is running this country as well as al davis runs the raiders. Hmm lets see 3 billion deficit under 8 years of bush now we have over 1 trillion under 6 months of obama, oh yeah it was clintion and the dems that forced lending institutions to give home loans credit loans and auto loans based on race instead of ability to pay causing this collapse.
This is Jimmy Carter all over again but it is going to be worse. Obama looks like a black alfred e newman.

DJYankee
07-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Must of been a great experience.

Pinstripe pride
07-24-2009, 12:04 PM
SO people are upset that obama, a white sox fan, took 5 minutes out of his day t congratulate someone on the white sox who just completed one of the rarest feets in baseball? Clearly if he had spent those 5 minutes on the economy, the recession would be over. He may be the president, but he is still entitled to live a normal personal life

feeltheheatrays
07-24-2009, 12:12 PM
SO people are upset that obama, a white sox fan, took 5 minutes out of his day t congratulate someone on the white sox who just completed one of the rarest feets in baseball? Clearly if he had spent those 5 minutes on the economy, the recession would be over. He may be the president, but he is still entitled to live a normal personal life

Exactly :clap:

The Schmooze
07-24-2009, 12:36 PM

These same people didnt make a peep when Bush spent 40% of his total time in office on vacation...but if Obama takes one night with his wife in NYC or calls Buerhle to congratulate him, ITS A DISGRACE! LOL Nobody takes these people seriously. Its just like te "birthers" who think Obama was born in Kenya...or was it Indonesia?

See now you got me into it!

Zep
07-24-2009, 12:46 PM

:ohno:

CubsGirl
07-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Any non-baseball related posts following this one will be deleted.

Pensx3
07-24-2009, 02:47 PM
It was just a phone call, lets not get all worked up about it. It is not like Obama flew to Chicago to take him out to dinner. You know the President doesnt work 24 hours a day, right? Do you get all fired up when he has to poop? What about when he sleeps? Get over it, it was a ****ing phone call!