PDA

View Full Version : Utah's Fantasy!!!

fairandbalanced
07-24-2009, 12:53 AM
Most of us have had many instances in our lives, that we sit and fantasize about having millions of dollars, beautiful women gushing over us, a nice house by the beach and so on.... well you get the idea. The Utah Jazz are in that same situation, however, their fantasy is not about getting rich but, a ploy to avoid debt while getting something valuable for it.
We all know the Jazz are in a terrible situation salary-wise and would be paying lots in luxury tax if they don't do anything about their salary situation. The most likely scenario is that they will trade Carlos Boozer, since matching Milsap's Portland offer. What is funny though, is that in recent days, there have been several reports that the Jazz won't get bamboozled into losing Boozer for nothing. Well helping them cut down salary is something and they must be in state of derangement if they think any team will actually take Boozer off their books and then reward them with a star player. It just won't happen, so my advise to the Jazz management is that they stop fantasizing because the best you probably could get for Boozer is either Tyrus Thomas or Udonis Haslem. I understand that someone like Tim Thomas or Mark Blount can be considered an insult but if they're serious about cutting salary, they will have to settle for less.

Jonathan2323
07-24-2009, 12:56 AM
Amen

still1ballin
07-24-2009, 12:56 AM
say it brotha!

fairandbalanced
07-24-2009, 01:05 AM
say it brotha!

lol...the point is that, I don't see them getting anything that good for Boozer. 1. because this is his last contract yr, and could bolt
2. Why would anyone help them save money, and give them a star player or a potential at the same time?

b_rad23
07-24-2009, 01:07 AM
Well put, kind of.

Kyben36
07-24-2009, 02:21 AM
not to metnion he is injury prone, and has only played 2 full season, Dont get me wrong, I want him for the bulls, but I think they think that he is worth more than he is, especialy since he would be a 1 year deal, and that last time he went to sign an extension with someone, he lied and ended up bolting to Utah. ( im talking about the Cavs )

Gambeezy
07-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Watch. They're going to dangle him infront of the Bulls and Heat for too long and then end up getting screwed. They're FO is being ridiculous right now. He's a 1 yr rental, injury prone, undersized and doesn't bring defense. Not worth selling the farm for him.

D-Will4Prez
07-24-2009, 04:57 AM
Utah is more focused on keeping a full court than paying luxury tax...If they trade Boozer for nothing do you really think fans are going to be as eager to go to games? Utah is more than willing to pay luxury tax if it means they can get a good seed and keep the fans happy. If they traded Boozer a 2-time all-star and a 20/10 guy when healthy for Haslem or Tyrus do you think the fans would think that the Jazz FO really cared about the team or winning? No, I think not. And if we can't trade him for something good we'll just keep him and make Milly come off the bench for another year. This is Boozer's contract year, if he wants to make any kind of money next year he'll play hard no matter what team he's on or else risk losing millions.

PennyMy#1
07-24-2009, 06:28 AM
lol...the point is that, I don't see them getting anything that good for Boozer. 1. because this is his last contract yr, and could bolt
2. Why would anyone help them save money, and give them a star player or a potential at the same time?

Right. Those two points are some of the reasons, why I think, he's still available. Boozer has too many questionmarks, that a lot of teams can't go with. :clap:

JAZZNC
07-24-2009, 08:45 AM
I agree. Lots of my fellow Jazz fans and evidently the front office as well think that they're just gonna get something glorious for Boozer. Well fact is he missed the whole damn season last year (for all intents and purposes) and didn't play all that well when he came back. We're gonna risk some serious chemistry issues if we don't just trade him. I'd certainly take Udonis Haslem for him. We've got the scoring to replace what he did we just need somebody who's tough and can play some D. I certainly think that Tyrus Thomas is a joke, that guy just sucks but Haslem is a proven veteran who would make the team better.

futureman
07-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Posters Fantasy!!!!

A team as young as the Jazz are are not looking to blow up their team. The Jazz never have and never will trade an All-Star player for a bum who will do nothing but back them up

I'M GOING TO SAY THIS AGAIN!!! Utah is comitted to paying the LT this year I heard it out of the mouth of the owner anD whoever says anything different is a DAMN LIAR.

BOOZER IS EASILY REPLACEABLE!!!!!! Don't forget we own the knicks draft pick this year and when we lose boozer next summer that will be his replacement. But don't think for one second that means the jazz are giving him away because it's the Posters and deluded NBA fans fantasy. We are Not the Grizzles, we are not the Bucks, I can assure you the Jazz won't make a deal unless it makes thei team BETTER.

REALITY!!!!!! The Jazz can dip into their credit line and pay the tax easily. Most teams have debt they have to pay on their arenas or other expenses the jazz don't. Why do you think the jazz signed okur to a 2 year extension if they weren't committed to paying the tax ????? yeah heat fans, they sound really desperate to get under that cap don't they??? Boozer will be sticking around if a good deal won't come their way. We heard it from the GM and we heard it from the OWNER. Whats better than having a player by the nuts by forcing him to play like he has never played before??? I can tell you it's alot better than having Tyrus Thomas or Udonis Haslem on our team. You can keep your junk we don't want it.

Someone will cave and take Boozers expiring. Doesn't have to be the heat or the bulls but waiting is better than the alternative.

futureman
07-24-2009, 08:59 AM
I agree. Lots of my fellow Jazz fans and evidently the front office as well think that they're just gonna get something glorious for Boozer. Well fact is he missed the whole damn season last year (for all intents and purposes) and didn't play all that well when he came back. We're gonna risk some serious chemistry issues if we don't just trade him. I'd certainly take Udonis Haslem for him. We've got the scoring to replace what he did we just need somebody who's tough and can play some D. I certainly think that Tyrus Thomas is a joke, that guy just sucks but Haslem is a proven veteran who would make the team better.

Well according to KOC thats not going to happen. I don't know if you listen to 1320 kfan in North Carolins at all. but he assured everybody that Utah will not take a lowball offer for boozer.

khalil72
07-24-2009, 09:03 AM
How about something like Haslem or Blount and Wright.:up: Miami fans are ready for that and IMO opinion will be the only thing Riley will do. No Beasley!:no:

grega1976
07-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Posters Fantasy!!!!
I'M GOING TO SAY THIS AGAIN!!! Utah is comitted to paying the LT this year I heard it out of the mouth of the owner anD whoever says anything different is a DAMN LIAR.

I heard him say that futureman is a moron.. and whoever says anything different is a DAMN LIAR.

Agent008
07-24-2009, 09:30 AM
BOOZER IS EASILY REPLACEABLE!!!!!! Don't forget we own the knicks draft pick this year and when we lose boozer next summer that will be his replacement.

20/10 guys aren't EASILY REPLACEABLE.

Tblaze
07-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Oh well, if they keep him they'll just lose him next year in FA and meanwhile screw themselves over financially.

So they have to decide whether to get something and save some money, or get nothing in the end and lose tons ^^

MajorFloridaFan
07-24-2009, 09:42 AM

Trade exception Gortat and a first rounder and JJ

JVene
07-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Robinson, Mobley, and a 2010 second round pick for Boozer. Mobleys contract is 80%paid for by insurance and if im not mistaken that doesnt count toward the LT. So Utah only gets put on hold for Robinsons 2.7 mil and 2 mil of Mobley's contract. That would save them 8 mil this year and im not sure totally how it works but if the LT is dollar for dollar thats actually 16 mil. They would also be geting a decent bench player and a second round pick.

The reason the knicks do this is we have two second rounders next year, picks can sometimes be bought if we want another one and getting a guy like boozer would strengthen up our frontline. Right now its a bunch of tall lengthy shooters and a fat slob in curry. But getting boozer might kill our chances with LBJ as they are no longer friends after UTAH stole him away.

jimbobjarree
07-24-2009, 10:24 AM
wow, I dont think I've seen a more bitter thread whilst I've been on here lol. The Heat have never made us an offer so I have no clue why're all getting involved, the Bulls recked their own deal with us and the Blazers. And the fact a Blazer fan made this thread is the most epic bitterness I have ever seen, haha, what an offseason for you guys, I'm glad we played our part.

We are commited to the luxury tax, supposedly the Miller fortune is rich in supplies and we are not in financial ruin as you guys may think or wish upon us lol.

And we have said I think somewhere, that we arent JUST looking to pawn him off to save salary, we are looking for a decent system player who can get involved, nowhere have we said hey you, we want a star for him, because thats unrealistic. If we wanted to save salary I'm sure AK would be first man on the chopping block, which he probably is. You never hear anything about a Utah trade until its done.

Anyways, you all are pretty naive believeing in rumors here and there, believeing in fabrications from the media that we may accept this and that from you just because we want to save money, which you believed and it got your hopes up. Now mean Utah actually wants some value for their star big man and its hurt your feelings, I'm so sowwy.

Anyway, we're a small market team, yeah, so when we get a star player we're not going to just give him up for crap while he still has a contract with us. If we are in fine financial state, then so far all these Boozer rumors have been pitiful, and I fully agree with what we are doing. A year of Boozer is better than a year of Haslem or a year of Thomas in my eyes.

Also, Denver were patient with Allen Iverson last season, and waiting for the perfect deal landed them Chauncey Billups, not sayin we are going to get a second star back, but its not beyond the realms of possibility to actually get something you need out of trading your allstar.

fairandbalanced
07-24-2009, 11:32 AM
wow, I dont think I've seen a more bitter thread whilst I've been on here lol. The Heat have never made us an offer so I have no clue why're all getting involved, the Bulls recked their own deal with us and the Blazers. And the fact a Blazer fan made this thread is the most epic bitterness I have ever seen, haha, what an offseason for you guys, I'm glad we played our part.

We are commited to the luxury tax, supposedly the Miller fortune is rich in supplies and we are not in financial ruin as you guys may think or wish upon us lol.

And we have said I think somewhere, that we arent JUST looking to pawn him off to save salary, we are looking for a decent system player who can get involved, nowhere have we said hey you, we want a star for him, because thats unrealistic. If we wanted to save salary I'm sure AK would be first man on the chopping block, which he probably is. You never hear anything about a Utah trade until its done.

Anyways, you all are pretty naive believeing in rumors here and there, believeing in fabrications from the media that we may accept this and that from you just because we want to save money, which you believed and it got your hopes up. Now mean Utah actually wants some value for their star big man and its hurt your feelings, I'm so sowwy.

Anyway, we're a small market team, yeah, so when we get a star player we're not going to just give him up for crap while he still has a contract with us. If we are in fine financial state, then so far all these Boozer rumors have been pitiful, and I fully agree with what we are doing. A year of Boozer is better than a year of Haslem or a year of Thomas in my eyes.

Also, Denver were patient with Allen Iverson last season, and waiting for the perfect deal landed them Chauncey Billups, not sayin we are going to get a second star back, but its not beyond the realms of possibility to actually get something you need out of trading your allstar.

:rolleyes:

DrDEADalready
07-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Hater's make me sick to my stomach. :puke:

J_M_B
07-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Why are some of you guys think Udnois Haslem is garbage? I certainly don't think he is. The guy is a great role player. He gives you his all on every play like it's his last, plays solid defense, and one of the most consistent players in the league. He's Jerry Sloan's type of player and Udnois is also an extremely loyal player. Haslem last season put up 10.6 PPG 8.2 RPG 1.1 APG 51FG% 75FT%. I know he's no Carlos Boozer, but he certainly is not garbage.I believe him and Paul Milsap can make up for the lost of Boozer.

Bucsfan
07-24-2009, 12:43 PM
why does everybody keep bringing up money and cutting costs? they werent lookign to trade boozer to cut costs!! do any of you actually read the news? they are dumping him because is a bum, and he plays just for money, he wants to play in miami, he dug himself into a hold by opening his mouth too much, if the jazz dont get what they want they will just keep him, obviously most of you know nothign of the miller family that owns the jazz, they are LOADED with money, and its not the issue, sure they would like to cut some costs, but if they really wanted to do that, they wouldve trade AK for TMAC and paid tmac for one year to sit and unload his stupid contract

and with boozer, have you guys ever heard of a extension? he can be more than a 1 year rental, if they wanted to make that part of the trade they could, its happened before where they will only trade a player if they sign a extension first, which im sure miami would want to do

its called a newspaper people, pick one up, dont just read the stupid rumor mill websites that dont know ****

jimbobjarree
07-24-2009, 12:45 PM
I honestly dont see why we have to give up Boozer for downgrades who are also expiring, I dont why we are obliged to do that just because everyone wants to see a big trade go down. We have every right to get something we could use when financially we are fine, it amuses me how it frustrated you guys so much.

he's an injury prone allstar expiring who we dont want on our team anymore..sounds alot like Tracey McGrady, go fuss over Houston 'needing' to trade him and leave us alone

Utahjazzfan18
07-24-2009, 12:47 PM
The point is the Jazz are willing to pay the luxury tax so why trade a 1yr rental for another 1yr rental that's worse then what we already have?

futureman
07-24-2009, 12:50 PM
How about something like Haslem or Blount and Wright.:up: Miami fans are ready for that and IMO opinion will be the only thing Riley will do. No Beasley!:no:

2 guys that won't see any playing time for the jazz at all. and haslem who will probably go 30 games with a big 0 on the stat sheet for us. Sure I'm sure you can pry away Harpring and Fesenko with that bullcrap offer because thats all they're worth.

jimbobjarree
07-24-2009, 12:52 PM
its like what the jumk we're getting is also expiring, its not even on a 2/3 year contract, I mean come on, Boozer expiring for an even worse expiring, honestly, who out there would pull the triggor on that deal

DaBUU
07-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Well according to KOC thats not going to happen. I don't know if you listen to 1320 kfan in North Carolins at all. but he assured everybody that Utah will not take a lowball offer for boozer.

Im confused by the Jazz FO. If one of the main reasons they're getting rid of him is too shed payroll this year, dont they expect to get back a lesser talent with a lower salary? Thought thats why they needed a 3rd team with cap space. Getting sick of the Boozer situation, wish he'd go somewhere already so we can stop guessing.

jimbobjarree
07-24-2009, 03:07 PM
we're not trading him to shed salary, we're trading him cus we want Millsap to start now we paid for him, and the fact that Carlos is a total douche. If we can get a starting quality 3 then great, if not then we'll just keep him for a year.

DrDEADalready
07-24-2009, 03:23 PM
we're not trading him to shed salary, we're trading him cus we want Millsap to start now we paid for him, and the fact that Carlos is a total douche. If we can get a starting quality 3 then great, if not then we'll just keep him for a year.

Exactly... Amen brotha man. :cheers:

ThaBoomer
07-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Im confused by the Jazz FO. If one of the main reasons they're getting rid of him is too shed payroll this year, dont they expect to get back a lesser talent with a lower salary? Thought thats why they needed a 3rd team with cap space. Getting sick of the Boozer situation, wish he'd go somewhere already so we can stop guessing.

The media decided that the Jazz were in dire financial straits and absolutely had to trade Boozer to save salary and avoid paying the luxury tax this year. The Jazz front office, from the owner to the general manager, have come out and said WE ARE NOT OPPOSED TO PAYING THE LUXURY TAX FOR THIS YEAR! They wouldn't be opposed to trading Boozer if a good deal came up, but otherwise they are content to keep him and watch him play his tail off to try and get a better contract. The OP was correct in calling this a fantasy. It's a fantasy because it was invented by the media and never stated by the Jazz. They have been portrayed as desperate to trade Boozer, when the reality is that is just not the case.