PDA

View Full Version : Here's to you David Glass!

cbs29870
07-23-2009, 11:07 PM
After swearing off the Royals time and time again this year and as they continue breaking my heart I look at every player, coach and even the general manager to blame. I am so tired of rooting for a sub par baseball team. I am so tired of going to Kauffman Stadium ( a place named after an owner that wanted to win more than anything) and I am ridiculed by out of towners coming to watch their teams for three days. I spend more time defending my team that I don't even get to enjoy the few bright spots that we have on our team (Greinke, Soria and Butler at times). So here's to you David Glass. A man that has been called one of the richest owners in Major League Baseball. You have continually pulled the checkbook out from under general managers and have also seen your fair share of managers lose their jobs because of 100+ loss teams. But the target should be on you. Looking back at the last two off seasons of free agency where the Royals had chances to greatly help their team be more successful by acquiring players such as Torii Hunter and Orlando Hudson,The royals in turn had horrible offseasons adding players that were severely worse than those of Hunter and Hudson (examples Jose Guillen, Mike Jacobs, Coco Crisp). The mistakes have never been more apparent then seeing the All-Star teams being named with both of those players representing their leagues. Both Hunter and Hudson are thriving and moving towards gold gloves for their teams and then see the Royals badly needing positions that they have been shopping for for the last 2 seasons (middle infield and corner outfield. I am so tired of this mediocrity. I am to the point where i want to give up on the team i have loved and cried for all these years. Please do something to help the moral of a city that is so close to giving on this team for good. Quit taking advantage of fans that continually spend money and give us something to root for.

Cooper
07-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Great first post! I think its just you and me in here....along with the heckelers from other teams that come in as a show of "support" for us poor "Royals fans"! It certainly looks like a train wreck right now, but i somehow get the feeling that we could win a game or two the rest of the season! Hang in there!

MooseWithFleas
07-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Well said. Glass is one of the worst owners in sports history

LINK (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/05/08/mlb.owners/index.html?eref=T1)

I love the Royals PR response :laugh2:

bookmarkmaster
09-03-2009, 06:07 AM
You will be emailed a PDF Invoice itemizing your requirements and cost. You confirm by email the Invoice is correct.
No deposit is needed, but Full Payment is expected on the date of your event before equipment is unloaded.

Here are some examples:

You have a seven member band with a drum kit doing two 45 minute sets in one evening. Your audience is about 600 people. You want the full sound of drums and electric bass at an outdoor show in North Dallas. You need a 24 channel system for a seven member band ($240). You need 4 extra top speakers to bring the total to 6 tops (plus $100). You need subs for good low range sound (plus $50). You want controlled Stage lights for night time light effects (plus $100). Equipment cost is $490. Your Sound Engineer needs 1 hour to drive to North Dallas from North Arlington, needs 4 hours to set up and sound check with your band, needs 2 hours for show time, needs 2 hours to take down and pack, and 1 hour to drive back to Arlington. The labor cost for 10 hours at $20/h is $200. A loading helper adds $100. Your total for this show is $790.
bookmarks (http://www.bookmarkopedia.com)

bookmarkmaster
09-03-2009, 06:10 AM
You will be emailed a PDF Invoice itemizing your requirements and cost. You confirm by email the Invoice is correct.
No deposit is needed, but Full Payment is expected on the date of your event before equipment is unloaded.

Here are some examples:

You have a seven member band with a drum kit doing two 45 minute sets in one evening. Your audience is about 600 people. You want the full sound of drums and electric bass at an outdoor show in North Dallas. You need a 24 channel system for a seven member band ($240). You need 4 extra top speakers to bring the total to 6 tops (plus $100). You need subs for good low range sound (plus $50). You want controlled Stage lights for night time light effects (plus $100). Equipment cost is $490. Your Sound Engineer needs 1 hour to drive to North Dallas from North Arlington, needs 4 hours to set up and sound check with your band, needs 2 hours for show time, needs 2 hours to take down and pack, and 1 hour to drive back to Arlington. The labor cost for 10 hours at $20/h is $200. A loading helper adds $100. Your total for this show is $790.