PDA

View Full Version : Bargnani Is a Power Forward

mrblisterdundee
07-23-2009, 08:00 PM
I just read a post where one guy said the vote for the third best center in the league should go to Bargnani. This was with Al Jefferson still on the board; and every other real center, which Bargnani is not.
Bargnani is a power forward. Trying to consider him a center is like trying to consider Dirk Nowitzki a center. The guy is not tough enough to be a center. I don't even know why he's being included in a top ten centers list. Despite not being a center, I think he'll make a great power forward. Like I said: he's like Dirk. I want others' opinions though, so I'm including a poll.
Do you think Bargani is fit to be a center or a power forward?

Mile High Champ
07-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Ohh my goodnes.. its a poll.. relax, there is no need to get in this, its just going to end badly, they always do....

There is no set criteria to be a center.. this is all based on opinion, this thread will go nowhere..

MODS please close the thread..

KaganRS
07-23-2009, 08:03 PM
where's the poll ?

Bargnani is a Sf-Pf, or on a fast pace lineup he can play the 5 ......

but overall , you are correct.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-23-2009, 08:11 PM
PF, C, SF.

Whatever makes you happy.

Murphy_Dee
07-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Doesn't really matter what position he plays, but guys like Jefferson and Mehmet Okur are natural power forwards as well. Not saying Bargnani is better than either of those guys, just that the position he's listed as being isn't all that important.

KaganRS
07-23-2009, 08:16 PM
there it is

Bargnani is sick wicked and nasty

dtmagnet
07-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Well he plays at the C position so I will say he's a C, but yeah he could easily play PF as well.

lorenz00
07-23-2009, 08:24 PM
there it is

Bargnani is sick wicked and nasty

lol

ink
07-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Well he plays at the C position so I will say he's a C, but yeah he could easily play PF as well.

Exactly. There's no issue here. He plays slightly out of position, but because of his size and strength, he gets away with it. We had this debate two seasons ago in the Raptors forum. Last year he proved all of us doubters wrong. He was excellent at C. Don't get hung up on positions. What matters is production and he gave the Raps that on offence and defence.

Ya see, we've got this other Bosh guy playing PF. :laugh2:

MiamiHeat
07-23-2009, 08:25 PM
well he's soft *** hell
he's more of a SF but he just grew too big

North Yorker
07-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Right now, he's a C.

As long as Bosh is here, he's a C.

Could he play PF? Easily.

Does he play PF?No, not when Bosh is on the floor at least.

Is he a tough badass? No, but he is improving in that area in holding his ground and playing better post defence. He's also improved his shot blocking.

For those C's in the league that he can't handle(Shaq,Dwight,etc) they CANNOT handle him, he would school them, along with the other 75% of C's that hate to guard away from the basket.

He's a match-up nightmare, and I for one am very glad he will be on the Raptors the next 6 years.

Reyes6
07-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Better fit? I don't think most players are ever fit to be center since the NBA is moving to athleticism rather than size more often... so I say Center... only because he can block and PF is taken and Centers are hard to come by.

ink
well he's soft *** hell

Examples?? I watched him all last year and he didn't show much softness. His game developed a lot last season after preparing over the off-season. The "soft" label is old.

clutchski
I think he makes for a good centre especially as he's learning the position well. Sure he's not the most powerful yet, but he can blow by any centre driving to the net..and centres also leave him outside without thinking, meaning he gets a lot of threes drained. I think he's an effective centre, he just needs to continue going to Big Man camps haha.

mrblisterdundee
07-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Exactly. There's no issue here. He plays slightly out of position, but because of his size and strength, he gets away with it. We had this debate two seasons ago in the Raptors forum. Last year he proved all of us doubters wrong. He was excellent at C. Don't get hung up on positions. What matters is production and he gave the Raps that on offence and defence.

Ya see, we've got this other Bosh guy playing PF. :laugh2:

Maybe it's time for Toronto to trade Bargnani for a real center to play with Bosh.

Mile High Champ
07-23-2009, 08:30 PM
well he's soft *** hell

Spoken by a person who never watches him play...

Raps08-09 Champ
07-23-2009, 08:31 PM
I think Bargnani can be better than he already is if he was as tall as normal SF.

mrblisterdundee
07-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Ohh my goodnes.. its a poll.. relax, there is no need to get in this, its just going to end badly, they always do....

There is no set criteria to be a center.. this is all based on opinion, this thread will go nowhere..

No offense, but you're the only one who has gotten riled up at all on this thread.

Suns113
07-23-2009, 08:32 PM
if anything hes a SF

Mile High Champ
07-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Maybe it's time for Toronto to trade Bargnani for a real center to play with Bosh.

why that makes no sense, if the team wins with him at center, why trade him? There is no golden rule your center has to be 7'0, weigh 275 pounds and average 10 boards a game. This is the new NBA built on athleticism and talent, not brute strength. I take it you have never seen them play together. I love having the two of them together on the floor.

ink
07-23-2009, 08:34 PM

Not likely. Colangelo wants it this way, and Bosh doesn't seem to mind. If anything it would be Bosh to go, with Bargnani sliding over to PF and the Raps going for a "true" centre.

Mile High Champ
07-23-2009, 08:35 PM
No offense, but you're the only one who has gotten riled up at all on this thread.

Nope I am fine, I just get frustrated by people who claim to know all about the guy because they see one game a year with him playing and they think they know all about his skill level and skill set. Like come on, if anyone has ever seen him play, they know he is not a SF.

ink
07-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Nope I am fine, I just get frustrated by people who claim to know abll about the guy because they see one game a year with him playing and they think they know all aboy his skill level. Like come on, if anyone has ever seen him play, they know he is not a SF.

Absolutely right. And it's been tried.

ink
07-23-2009, 08:37 PM
To me this is kind of an introductory thread for people who don't know anything about Bargnani to shoot the ****. lol.

HT9Canada
07-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Last Year - PF
This Year - C

Bargnani looked like Dirk last year. If he was 6'0", he'd be a PG and if he was 6'7" he'd be a SF. A seven footer is a PF or C. But this year Andrea is a center. He can defend a C and he dominates a C offensively because 7 footers can't do what he can. Nowitzi is better than him on offense, but with BArgnani beefing up, he's gunna be a beast on defense. This kid has potential and if you don't watch him on a daily basis you don't know he is a Centre. He failed as a SF. But on highlights you see him shooting a 3 or dunking. His full game includes alot more big man qualities. He is a centre. Period.

Mile High Champ
07-23-2009, 08:39 PM
To me this is kind of an introductory thread for people who don't know anything about Bargnani to shoot the ****. lol.

agreed 100%, Unless you have "league pass" in the States, you will never see him play unless he plays against your home team. I hope this is a wake up experience for every other person who claims to know how Bargnani plays ..

slaker619
07-23-2009, 08:41 PM
I Say A C Because Of Hiz Size And The Way He Con't Really Score If He Were To Play Sf Or Pf

Jacob K.
07-23-2009, 08:59 PM
if he plays the 5 then hes a 5. kinda basic?

Bausman
07-23-2009, 09:02 PM
The coach plays him at center so he's a center. If coach plays him a pg hes a pg... and the coach needs to be fired.

shas
07-23-2009, 09:21 PM
just cuz he shoots better (long range) then any other "C" in the league does not make him a PF.

did he not get locked up for another 5 years? if so, its a good move.

yungballah15
07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
yo dez non toronto fans should jus shoot yourself, like you dont watch bargnani on a daily basic like us so chill, stick with your teams, dont try to come in our flelds and tell us about someone we know, sf you think we didnt try him there, he didnt work, ink and mile high champ are saying exactly what i was gonna type, he can play the 4, will play it good, but we have bosh, can bosh guard 5s in the league,no he cant, isnt bargnani bigger and tougher den him so he guards the 5s, he guarded yao good, good dwight good, could they guard him not a chance, thats why raptors beat does 2 teams this season,they had to put dwight on bosh and he got in foul trouble,only reason he didnt get fouled out was because they put him on moon, they suppose to put dwight on turkoglu,nope,so hes a damn centre,hes now working on his post game so hes a centre non raptor fans who know nothing about BARGNANI dont say nothing.

MJ-BULLS
07-23-2009, 09:26 PM
andrea can play either one, i think he has more impact in the game when he is playing c cause he can hit that long range shot, he can play outside the paint and draw his defender out to open lanes for the backcourt

ink
07-23-2009, 09:35 PM
andrea can play either one, i thing he has more impact in the game when he is playing c cause he can hit that long range shot, he can play outside the paint and draw his defender out to open lanes for the backcourt

:clap:

dee279
07-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Well i wouldnt play him at C much.

ManRam
07-23-2009, 09:42 PM
He's 7 feet tall. He starts at center. He primarily plays at center. Bosh plays PF. He can play multiple positions, but he plays most at C. So I think he fits best at center, especially on Toronto.

Mile High Champ
07-23-2009, 09:44 PM
He's 7 feet tall. He starts at center. He primarily plays at center. Bosh plays PF. He can play multiple positions, but he plays most at C. So I think he fits best at center, especially on Toronto.

Yup, I really don't get it...

GCOOKIE7
07-23-2009, 09:50 PM
He's better fit to be a PF BUT he is a C cuz he plays C.

Who really cares?

He isn't a total poose and he'll show you what he's made of this year. I think most teams wouldn't mind having him start at C over theirs.

GCOOKIE7
07-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Well i wouldnt play him at C much.

Name a C on Miami better fit to play C over him

IndyRealist
07-23-2009, 09:53 PM
if he plays the 5 then hes a 5. kinda basic?

+1. I hate that players get bashed because they don't fit someone's idea of what a player at their position should be. Al Jefferson, mentioned by the OP, is a PF playing C. So is David Lee, Dwight Howard, Emeka Okafor, etc. You can count the number of true starting C's on a little more than one hand.

This is because a) there is a relative derth of skilled 7fters, and b) the league is moving toward a faster, more open pace to promote athletic wings who get highlight reel dunks. Plodding big men are being phased out in favor of players that a decade ago would have been forwards.

yungballah15
07-23-2009, 10:03 PM
+1. I hate that players get bashed because they don't fit someone's idea of what a player at their position should be. Al Jefferson, mentioned by the OP, is a PF playing C. So is David Lee, Dwight Howard, Emeka Okafor, etc. You can count the number of true starting C's on a little more than one hand.

This is because a) there is a relative derth of skilled 7fters, and b) the league is moving toward a faster, more open pace to promote athletic wings who get highlight reel dunks. Plodding big men are being phased out in favor of players that a decade ago would have been forwards.

exactly:clap: like ppl gotta know there really isnt much bang him down low in the post centres, shaq and dwight, yao ming is a centre but does he bang em down low in the post, naw he dosent, does that mean he aint a centre, it dosent because thats basically saying if your not skilled and dont have a good touch your not a centre, bargnani is better of playing c, because can guard the other centres, and its tough for them to guard him, so why not put him at centre,on smaller defenders he postes them up, hes just versitle can play either but c is a good fit for him.

Jays Claw
07-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Kobe Bryant is a shooting guard, so why does he handle the ball like a point guard 80% of the time?

Same thing applies for Andrea Bargnani.

kswissdaf
07-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Why should i care

Ragun
07-23-2009, 10:37 PM
he could be the third best center in the EAST...behind dwight, shaq and maybe Rasheed.

Toxeryll
07-24-2009, 01:47 AM
Why should i care

ask urself

_KB24_
07-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Tim Duncan is listed as a 4, but he is a naural 5. Bargs should play the 4, but he can play the 5,

_KB24_
07-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Kobe Bryant is a shooting guard, so why does he handle the ball like a point guard 80% of the time?

Same thing applies for Andrea Bargnani.

Don't make up ******** ******.

jgonboricua
07-24-2009, 02:21 AM
he is a natural PF but the plays the C position by default of chris bosh being on the team...they should trade chris bosh and for loul deng, and try to get chris kamen from the clips and they will be pretty solid..

Jamiecballer
07-24-2009, 02:27 AM
I think he should stick to C. Right now he is a match-up nightmare at least on the offensive end when he plays C. His athleticism doesn't look nearly as good when you compare him to other PF's in the league. He won't be taking near as many PF's off the dribble and he won't get left alone on the perimeter as much because there are other PF's in the league with 3 point range.

I don't think it matters whether he is a 4 or a 5 as long as you pair him with a tough physical rebounding big at the other spot. Oops!

B.JenningsMVP
07-24-2009, 02:52 AM
Pf

Chronz
07-24-2009, 02:58 AM
Like Ive been saying all along, Swings, Bigs, and Points.Thats it, really what makes Bargs any more of a Center than Bosh, why isnt Bosh listed as the center? Its because its pretty meaningless most of the time.

Mile High Champ
07-24-2009, 01:20 PM
he is a natural PF but the plays the C position by default of chris bosh being on the team...they should trade chris bosh and for loul deng, and try to get chris kamen from the clips and they will be pretty solid..

Thats why you are not an NBA GM. Those are some awful trade ideas..

Draco
07-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Thats why you are not an NBA GM. Those are some awful trade ideas..

If Bosh wants out then awful trades are what's in store for Tor. Let me guess, if you were the GM in Memphis you could have done better than Marc Gasol, Kwame Brown and etc for Pau...

Necrosis
07-24-2009, 02:15 PM
If Bosh wants out then awful trades are what's in store for Tor. Let me guess, if you were the GM in Memphis you could have done better than Marc Gasol, Kwame Brown and etc for Pau...

marc gasol, and the money they got and a pic i beleive is better then luol dengs ****** contract.

id rather let him walk and get the money, or get young prospects.Also the trade is ********. He proposed bosh for deng, we have hedo locked up for five years, then somehow get kaman?. Just doesn't make sense at all, not even one bit.

IversonIsKrazy
07-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Honestly, this has annoyed me since i first watching NBA. WTF is the diff between a C and PF, the only difference is that the C will do the tip, thas it!! They both are inside guys who are supposed to be tall. Simple, and wuts the diff between SF and SG, there both on the wing, ITS THE SAME *****. I h8 how ppl make it seem that the a player is a natural PF, but cant be a C, its the same sh!it. This has annoyed me since i've first started watching basketball, and has annoyed me since.

SensandRaps
07-24-2009, 03:44 PM
bargs is a center, i watch him play as a raptors fan. The season before last season bargs was soft but last year he really developed and imo lost the "soft" label. Hopefully next season Bargs can develop some more so some of the ppl on here who think they know everything about basketball can realize that he is a center.

HoopsMachine
07-24-2009, 04:06 PM
His skill set is more suited for the PF but he is solid guarding other opposing centers with his size and length as well as providing weak-side help shot blocking.

ramz.n
07-24-2009, 04:20 PM
I just read a post where one guy said the vote for the third best center in the league should go to Bargnani. This was with Al Jefferson still on the board; and every other real center, which Bargnani is not.
Bargnani is a power forward. Trying to consider him a center is like trying to consider Dirk Nowitzki a center. The guy is not tough enough to be a center. I don't even know why he's being included in a top ten centers list. Despite not being a center, I think he'll make a great power forward. Like I said: he's like Dirk. I want others' opinions though, so I'm including a poll.
Do you think Bargani is fit to be a center or a power forward?

bargnani is a center..hes not the traditional center like back in the day..but hes a center.

mrblisterdundee
07-24-2009, 04:44 PM
why that makes no sense, if the team wins with him at center, why trade him? There is no golden rule your center has to be 7'0, weigh 275 pounds and average 10 boards a game. This is the new NBA built on athleticism and talent, not brute strength. I take it you have never seen them play together. I love having the two of them together on the floor.

You can love them all you want. The fact is that Toronto is too soft to be a contender. They need a real center instead of two jump shooting power forwards. Until then, Toronto will never get further than the run n' gun Suns did, and probably not that far.

Honest Truth
07-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Honestly, this has annoyed me since i first watching NBA. WTF is the diff between a C and PF, the only difference is that the C will do the tip, thas it!! They both are inside guys who are supposed to be tall. Simple, and wuts the diff between SF and SG, there both on the wing, ITS THE SAME *****. I h8 how ppl make it seem that the a player is a natural PF, but cant be a C, its the same sh!it. This has annoyed me since i've first started watching basketball, and has annoyed me since.

To add to your point, Bosh takes the tips for Toronto even with Bargnani on the floor.

Honest Truth
07-24-2009, 04:56 PM
You can love them all you want. The fact is that Toronto is too soft to be a contender. They need a real center instead of two jump shooting power forwards. Until then, Toronto will never get further than the run n' gun Suns did, and probably not that far.

That's your opinion and your entitled to it though you have not even seen them play because they haven't even practiced once together yet as a team (Colangelo has almost completely changed the roster). In other words, you opinion is completely unfounded and is pure speculation.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-24-2009, 05:03 PM
I say he's more of a pf then a center ,however I think he can be a center depending of the system that he's in.

ink
07-24-2009, 05:09 PM

I don't completely disagree but isn't that another thread topic?

JaySmoke
07-24-2009, 05:10 PM

Smh @ Toronto homers saying bargNOni is a top 10 C he is an okur clone LOL
He shouldn't even be in the discussion for top 5 and to be luck a top 10 in This league do a poll with analyst and not raptor homers and barnagni would not be top 10
now

ink
07-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Smh @ Toronto homers saying bargNOni is a top 10 C he is an okur clone LOL
He shouldn't even be in the discussion for top 5 and to be luck a top 10 in This league do a poll with analyst and not raptor homers and barnagni would not be top 10
now

We're not even talking about who is top 10. At least read the OP before posting.

JaySmoke
07-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Ur mad it's ok

ink
07-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Ur mad it's ok

:confused: No, you're just off topic. And your comment wouldn't have been much of a contribution in a top 10 list either.

JaySmoke
07-24-2009, 05:24 PM
How am offtopic the threadmakers first post is talking about the top 10 list ur just mad because I'm bashing ur teams player

JaySmoke
07-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Btw bargnani avg 5 rbs per game that's bad for any C he gets out rebounded by a pf everynight

North Yorker
07-24-2009, 05:30 PM
How am offtopic the threadmakers first post is talking about the top 10 list ur just mad because I'm bashing ur teams player

You dont watch Bargnani play, so not many of us are interested in your opinion anyways..

SensandRaps
07-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Btw bargnani avg 5 rbs per game that's bad for any C he gets out rebounded by a pf everynight

i willing to bet that u havent watch bargs play at least 10 times or 5 times last season and thats y u come in with ur opinions that no one cares about

ink
07-24-2009, 05:43 PM
ur just mad because I'm bashing ur teams player

1. this doesn't make me mad.
2. mainly I'm laughing because it took the rest of the league's fan base two years to find out enough about Bargnani to have this debate. And it's one year too late because he already proved the doubters (among them, a lot of Raptors fans) wrong. He can play both positions well. Like Chronz said, there are really only three types of players: guards, wings, and bigs. Bargnani is a versatile big man.

If you put a little more thought into your posts yourself you might realize that not all fans are shallow homers. Try to understand the discussion before making accusations.

JaySmoke
07-24-2009, 06:16 PM
He's a poor man nowitzki and can't rebound like a 7 footer should
Dispute that

ink
07-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Dispute that

That is basically baiting. This thread was just fine until you brought the baiting to it.

You're going to have to improve your posts if you want people to take them seriously enough to respond to them.

SensandRaps
07-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Dispute that

this is bugging me, did u watch him play at all last season. Colangelo unlike some other gms isnt a idiot. He saw Bargs develop really well before signing him to an extension. Before we had a coach that ruined players confidence which hindered Bargs development but ever since triano came in to coach the raptors Bargs played better. since the new year last year Bargs was averaging close to 20 ppg and 6 rpg, sure there not dirk nowitzki numbers but they are sure as **** not bad numbers either

knicks09
07-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Since he's 7 feet tall, I think he's a center. Its kinda like David Lee. He played center for us all season but he's really a PF

ink
07-24-2009, 06:43 PM
this is bugging me, did u watch him play at all last season. Colangelo unlike some other gms isnt a idiot. He saw Bargs develop really well before signing him to an extension. Before we had a coach that ruined players confidence which hindered Bargs development but ever since triano came in to coach the raptors Bargs played better. since the new year last year Bargs was averaging close to 20 ppg and 6 rpg, sure there not dirk nowitzki numbers but they are sure as **** not bad numbers either

I agree. The Nowitzki comparisons are old. Bargnani is his own player, and he's trying to work within his GM's plans for him. The GM wants him to be a 5. He's productive at it. He's a 5.

Trouble87
07-25-2009, 01:22 AM
IMO I dont think he's either, Bargs is a SF

Maybe one day he can be a solid PF but for now I think Toronto will get the most out of him at SF

Rapthug
07-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Wow. There are really a lot of people on here that either know little about basketball or little about the Raptors. Clowns that are bashing Bargs clearly haven't seen him play much. The guy is either a pf or a c. For those that claim he is not a real center, tell who outside of Shaq, D12, Yao, and an old Z is????

Bargs is still developing his game. He just started getting consistant minutes after Mitchell was fired. True. He has to do a better job on the glass but there isn't a center that can guard him one on one. His defense is very underrated. Once pathetic it is now one of his strengths. He'll be an All Star.

dtmagnet
07-25-2009, 01:05 PM
IMO I dont think he's either, Bargs is a SF

Maybe one day he can be a solid PF but for now I think Toronto will get the most out of him at SF

No, we tried starting him at SF last year and it messed everything up on both offense and defense. The paint was clogged with our own players on offense and Bargnani isn't quick enough to guard 3's on defense.

ink
07-25-2009, 01:15 PM
This thread is:

1. a survey that discovers that not many people have seen Bargnani play

2. a poll on who won't accept the changes to the way bigs are utilized in today's NBA. The changes aren't going away. Mobile big men who can spread the floor are getting more and more common. Teams can't rely on finding giants like Shaq, Yao and DHoward any more. They're rare. Unless a team lucks into drafting a giant, they have to opt for another approach to their big men. This thread basically tells us that there's unrealistic resistance to that.

jdricks
07-25-2009, 02:09 PM
His more natural position is the 4 but with Bosh on the team he has to play the 5. They want to have the best players on the team on the floor at all times.

secterm
07-25-2009, 02:57 PM
His more natural position is the 4 but with Bosh on the team he has to play the 5. They want to have the best players on the team on the floor at all times.

That's about right. I will say that IF Bosh leaves next year, Bargs will instantly be our PF (unless this year changes something), which to me means he's a PF. I see guys like Bynum, Dwight, Shaq, Biedrins, Oden, Perkins, Yao, Camby, etc, etc. These are the types that "clog" the paint, keep players from getting to the basket, provide their team's highest rebound contribution, back-up defensive perimeter penetration mistakes, etc.

It's not all about height. Dwight, Biedrins, and Perkins aren't that tall. It's about a combo of things like height, strength, rebounding, blocking shots, positioning, etc. As a C, I do think that Bargnani's strength, rebounding and positioning need work. As a PF, I think that he has less elements that need work. Thus, natural position, PF, but best position on the Raps, C.

smith&wesson
07-25-2009, 03:04 PM
well he's soft *** hell

jermain oniel is also a pf acting like a centre.

the only diff is jermain cant light you up from the outside.
bargs isnt the greatest defensive center.. but very well can be the greatest offensive centre.

rapswin98
07-25-2009, 03:10 PM
bargs is a center that has the skills of a SF

secterm
07-25-2009, 03:50 PM
jermain oniel is also a pf acting like a centre.

the only diff is jermain cant light you up from the outside.
bargs isnt the greatest defensive center.. but very well can be the greatest offensive centre.

Jermain shouldn't be a center either. But what Jemain is and what he was are too different things. In his prime, he was more suited as a C than Bargs is now. And in his prime, JO was also pretty good offensive player

Kakaroach
07-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Why does it even matter? He's listed as a center, he is a center....

mitch91
07-25-2009, 04:12 PM
i went with pf but thinking about it he could be either or.

it was said hes "not strong enough to be a centre" but is he even strong enough to be a pf? he's a weak player and has weaknesses at both position. however he has benifits of playing centre or pf/ he can take centres out of the paint with his range and is taller than most pfs.

so really i dont think it matters, i dont think its obvious as to which position he 'should' be playing

secterm
07-25-2009, 04:30 PM
i went with pf but thinking about it he could be either or.

it was said hes "not strong enough to be a centre" but is he even strong enough to be a pf? he's a weak player and has weaknesses at both position. however he has benifits of playing centre or pf/ he can take centres out of the paint with his range and is taller than most pfs.

so really i dont think it matters, i dont think its obvious as to which position he 'should' be playing

I think he's strong enough to be a PF. There is a big difference between the size and strength of C's vs PF'c. You need really to be strong and tough to match up against D. Howard, Shaq, Perkins, etc. Those guys are a lot stronger and tougher than most PF's in the league. Also, teams have adjusted and don't necessarily put their C on Bargs OR the C switches off when Bargs hits the perimeter. Maybe he manages to cause match-up problems a few plays a game, but good teams can deal with it.

Mikeleafs
07-25-2009, 05:00 PM
He plays Center, he's a Center.

Watch him school Howard (the best Center in the league) at 1:05 mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mL2EeJu8tw

secterm
07-25-2009, 05:39 PM
He plays Center, he's a Center.

Watch him school Howard (the best Center in the league) at 1:05 mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mL2EeJu8tw

Yup. He has shown glimpses and his game as a Center developed a lot over last season. But in my opinion, he is still not proficient enough as a starting C in the league, but may get there.

If Bargnani was a Maverick, there would be nights where he would have less rebounds AS THEIR STARTING C, than everybody else in their starting 5 (Kidd, Howard, Marion, Dirk)

vash9
07-25-2009, 06:21 PM
I think he fits both positions well. I like that also. More versatile.

He can shoot 3's for a 7footer (or however tall he is)
yet, tall enough to be a center.

That's good. But, he fits more better as a Center knowing Chris Bosh.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-25-2009, 06:41 PM
He's getting up their in strenght so he might do well as a C but his natural position is a PF.

zambo4president
07-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Center i guess. He is way to soft for PF. It really does not ****ing matter.

DaoudS
07-26-2009, 10:49 AM
this thread is pretty much the reason people avoid the NBA forum. One guy will defend his team and the other will oppose it like his/her life depends on it. In the offseason its as sickening as reading the comments on youtube videos.