PDA

View Full Version : Magic sign Matt Barnes

MagicDojo
07-23-2009, 06:17 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2009/07/magic-announce-theyve-signed-matt-barnes.html

This team just keeps getting deeper. The Rich get richer. And does it not seem like there has been a migration of good/great players to the East from the West this summer?

NBA_Starter
07-23-2009, 09:09 PM
I called this one a few weeks ago!:clap:

mavwar53
07-23-2009, 09:11 PM
I called this one a few weeks ago!:clap:

yep very old

ko8e24
07-23-2009, 09:17 PM
I called this when I was born

MJ-BULLS
07-23-2009, 09:42 PM
wasnt there a thead for this already, i think so

Optimus Prime15
07-23-2009, 09:44 PM
nah it wasn't but now it's official! the other thread wasn't his official good ol signing!

MTar786
07-23-2009, 10:05 PM
courtney lee = mat barnes thats my opinion

so the basically traded hedo for carter and bass.. which makes them that much better

.. I think it makes them as competitive as they were last year seeing as the other teams also got 'that much better'

Its eaither boston or orlando in the finals from the east.
and either san antonio or LA in the west

Either SA vs Orlando or LA vs Boston :)

BkOriginalOne
07-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Their getting deeper, but not every player can crack the rotation.
Not everyone is going to get regular or stable minutes - players might not like the roles their going to get. Coach is going to have a hard time (see Mike Brown)
ALL these guys their getting aren't really winners to me. Nice additions, there going to make contributiond, but I still don't think the talent levels are high enough to knock down the champs (SA, LA, BOS)

I see Boston in 6 or 7 over Orlando.

ManRam
07-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah, this is just now official...but obviously zero surprise.

Barnes will easily replace Lee's productivity (which really wasn't much). Our bench has gone from being very iffy, to very good lately...with Gortat, Bass and Barnes in the fold. Good pick up.

njnets
07-23-2009, 10:55 PM
magic need a backup PG. anthony johnson = garbage, that is why they traded for alston mid season. if someone on the frontline goes down, they can be replaced (dwight is a BEAST but gortat is arguably the best backup C in the league) and the team will still be good. barnes could step in at the 2 if needed, but a backup PG is needed. i see carter playing PG with pietrus/barnes/lewis at the wings. thats just me though. done with my rant.

123heyho
07-24-2009, 12:03 AM
What is it with the Magic and ex-Warriors players/personnel??
Otis Smith
Pietrus
Foyle
Barnes
CJ Watson

Seems like the Warriors grow these players simply to succeed in Orlando...

MajorFloridaFan
07-24-2009, 12:08 AM
lolol to grow in o-town

jbone808
07-24-2009, 12:11 AM
who cares, next yr he'll be in philly, then prolly toronto after that...all he does is change teams...

MajorFloridaFan
07-24-2009, 12:12 AM
2 years we have em mr 6 posts

MagicDojo
07-24-2009, 02:21 AM
nah it wasn't but now it's official! the other thread wasn't his official good ol signing!

Right...well I am renewing my season tix...shout out to uppr bowl 234 c....first row baby. The Team has shown me for the first time in a long time that RDV is saying "I am rich enough to by me a NBA finals. Orlando Number 18 for most entertaining on espn. hmmmm

MTar786
07-24-2009, 03:22 AM
What is it with the Magic and ex-Warriors players/personnel??
Otis Smith
Pietrus
Foyle
Barnes
CJ Watson

Seems like the Warriors grow these players simply to succeed in Orlando...

HAHA i was just about to type that.. then i scrolled down n noticed u said it.. thanks for saving me time lol

FairWeatherFan?
07-24-2009, 08:47 AM
magic need a backup PG. anthony johnson = garbage, that is why they traded for alston mid season. if someone on the frontline goes down, they can be replaced (dwight is a BEAST but gortat is arguably the best backup C in the league) and the team will still be good. barnes could step in at the 2 if needed, but a backup PG is needed. i see carter playing PG with pietrus/barnes/lewis at the wings. thats just me though. done with my rant.

I would have to say Z is the best backup center in the league.....It is a homer call, but I stand by it.

Reddd
07-24-2009, 10:03 AM

What?? he's a BEAST!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9RtvnGRp_k
how bout' that?

MajorFloridaFan
07-24-2009, 10:14 AM
lol^^

king4day
07-24-2009, 10:45 AM
courtney lee = mat barnes thats my opinion

so the basically traded hedo for carter and bass.. which makes them that much better

.. I think it makes them as competitive as they were last year seeing as the other teams also got 'that much better'

Its eaither boston or orlando in the finals from the east.
and either san antonio or LA in the west

Either SA vs Orlando or LA vs Boston :)

Barnes hit his peak though.
Lee will be a better player in the future by leaps and bounds.

MagicDojo
07-24-2009, 11:38 AM
What?? he's a BEAST!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9RtvnGRp_k
how bout' that?

Nice video! lol I think AJ is pretty good. I wish he had played against LA instead of a "not ready Jameer Nelson"..He is definatly not garbage.....:eyebrow:

nygiants242
07-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Magic have a VERY deep team.

Brooklyn Mets
07-24-2009, 12:34 PM
this is a big move for the magic..

yet another good player the knicks waived..

Sports Illustrator
07-24-2009, 12:48 PM
I like what the Orlango Magic are doing by signing these Free Agents. They have a deep bench. It is going to be very important for when they play against teams like the Boston Celtics.
The Magic are doing everything possible to be able to not only reach to the NBA finals, but to also win the championship. It is just too bad they couldn't re-sign Hedo Turkoglu though. Instead of signing Hedo Turkoglu though, they were able to deepen their bench with guys like CJ Watson, Matt Barnes and also retain Gortat. On top of that, they were able to sign Brandon Bass as well.

FairWeatherFan?
07-24-2009, 12:55 PM
I like what the Orlango Magic are doing by signing these Free Agents. They have a deep bench. It is going to be very important for when they play against teams like the Boston Celtics.
The Magic are doing everything possible to be able to not only reach to the NBA finals, but to also win the championship. It is just too bad they couldn't re-sign Hedo Turkoglu though. Instead of signing Hedo Turkoglu though, they were able to deepen their bench with guys like CJ Watson, Matt Barnes and also retain Gortat. On top of that, they were able to sign Brandon Bass as well.

They can only get Watson through a sign and trade. Pray that Nelson stays healthy.

Sports Illustrator
07-24-2009, 01:04 PM
They can only get Watson through a sign and trade. Pray that Nelson stays healthy.

Yea, they still may not have to trade much though. They can still acquire him if they really want him.