PDA

View Full Version : All-Breakout Team

thekmp211
07-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Pretty self-explanatory...I'm going to do 1st team and 2nd team, see what you think

1st TEAM:

PG: Ramon Sessions -- The guy is a pure point. If he gets picked up by the Knicks, I think he could put up double-digit assists and possibly make an All-Star run.

SG: Wilson Chandler -- I know he isn't really a SG, but he plays it some and there are a lot of swingmen on my list. He sort of broke out last year, but I think that year two in D'Antoni's offense and another year of development will help. Plus, if Robinson and Lee leave he might be the number two option on the team behind (gulp) Al Harrington

SF: Trevor Ariza -- Started his coming-out party in the playoffs. He's always been a favorite of mine since his Knicks days, and I think this year he gets the solid PT to really shine.

PF: Anthony Randolph -- Looks like a more firey, more intense version of Lamar Odom. Seeing how successful Lamar has been in the League, I think it goes without saying Randolph has the chance to be really special

C: Spencer Hawes -- A full year as the starter without Brad Miller soaking up PT. The guy showed a lot of flashes last year but was not consistent the whole season through. This team desparately needs his low post scoring, so I think his numbers will go way up this year

2ND TEAM

PG: Mike Conley -- This could blow up in my face, but I think this is his year. It's his third year, and there is a good amount of offensive talent around him. If Conley doesn't have too much on his plate, I think he will thrive.

SG: Courtney Lee -- Great player. Now he gets to be featured on offense. You could probably make the case that he should be on the 1st team.

SF: Thaddeus Young -- Like Chandler, kinda got there last year. I think this is the year, though, that he puts it all together.

PF: Kevin Love -- Underrated rookie season, proved pretty definitively that the Wolves made off with the better end of the trade involving Mayo, who I think is very overrated despite his talent. Second year, more mature, more talent around him and more playing time. He and Jefferson are an undersized but talented front court duo.

C: DeAndre Jordan -- If he builds on the glimpses from last season, the Clippers suddenly have a terrifying young core with him, Griffin, Gordon, Thorton and Mike Taylor. The guy has a Dwight Howard physique and has apparently looked great during Summer League play.

There are certainly a bunch more candidates including names that might be more qualified than the ones I have up here. Let's hear em.

dtmagnet
07-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Bargnani comes to my mind immediately.

AntwanN21
07-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Heres my 1st team:

PG: Rose- Had a great rookie season, gonna have an even better 2nd year.
SG: Courtney Lee- One of the best players on the nets team and with Devin Harris at the point is going to shine this season.
SF:Rudy Gay- Has to prove something to the Grizllies, gonna have a huge season
PF: Anthony Randolph- 89 points in two summerleague games explains it all
C: Andrea Bargnani- Finally broke out of his shell, a mistmatch for almost any centre in the league

khalil72
07-23-2009, 04:27 PM
I think Michael Beasley is going to have a break out season. Do your thang B-EZ!!:clap:

mavwar53
07-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Heres my 1st team:

PG: Rose- Had a great rookie season, gonna have an even better 2nd year.
SG: Courtney Lee- One of the best players on the nets team and with Devin Harris at the point is going to shine this season.
SF:Rudy Gay- Has to prove something to the Grizllies, gonna have a huge season
PF: Anthony Randolph- 89 points in two summerleague games explains it all
C: Andrea Bargnani- Finally broke out of his shell, a mistmatch for almost any centre in the league

he had 42 morrow had 47

Brooklyn Mets
07-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Rose
Harden
Gay
Randolph
Lopez

javaid64
07-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Rose
Harden
Gay
Randolph
Lopez

cant include harden a rookie on all breakout team

Catfish1314
07-23-2009, 04:39 PM
C-Spencer Hawes: As skilled as any big man in the league. He just has to build up the body to use all those skills effectively and consistently. I think if he stays healthy, this will be the year.

PF-Anthony Randolph: Athletic, versatile, and showed he was head and shoulders above his peers in the Summer League. Much like Kevin Martin and others have done before they broke out.

SF-Wilson Chandler: He'll have to carry a heavy load in New York this year and he has the talent and ability to put up big numbers.

SG-Courtney Lee: He doesn't have the highest ceiling in the world but he'll have a bigger role in New Jersey this year and he has more experience then any rookie has to work with.

PG-Derrick Rose: Budding superstars like Rose have a tendency to take a big step in their second seasons.

mavwar53
07-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Westbrook
Morrow
Joe Alexander
Randolph
Lopez/Oden if he plays 65 games or more but that is unlikely

NYKnicks4511
07-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey hey, don't forget about Danilo Gallinari!
The kid can put a stroke on the ball, no doubt about that, but he's not just a spot up shooter. He can score from an array of angles and now that his back is quote "Close to 100%", we'll get a better idea of how good he'll actually be. This offense is PERFECT for Gallo, hopefully he'll be our version of Hedo for the short term. (At least until he becomes the next Dirk) (kidding, sort of).

Anyways just keep your eye out for him heh

Boston-Born
07-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Westbrook
Morrow
Joe Alexander
Randolph
Lopez/Oden if he plays 65 games or more but that is unlikely

Why not include the rest of the Warriors while you're at it?
Biedrins, Ellis, Azubuike, Law, Wright.....

itsripcity32
07-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Stuckey

rapswin98
07-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Bargs... hopefully

b_rad23
07-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Stuckey/Mario (from below to above average)
Randy Foye/Brandon Rush (from below to solid)
Thad Young/Rudy Gay/Anthony Randolph (to semi-star- just under Odom's level)
Michael Beasley/Lamarcus Aldridge(to legit star)/Brandon Wright (to solid player)
Noah/Bargs/Hawes

Verbal Christ
07-23-2009, 05:48 PM
aaron brooks/luis scola

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-23-2009, 06:01 PM
pg- aaron brooks, rodney stuckey
sg-trevor ariza, courtney lee
sf-thad young, donte green
pf-lamarcus aldridge, anthony randolph
c-spencer hawes, andris Biedrins

MJ-BULLS
07-23-2009, 06:02 PM
derrick rose
wilson chandler
anthony randolph
rudy gay
andrea bargnani

mavwar53
07-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Why not include the rest of the Warriors while you're at it?
Biedrins, Ellis, Azubuike, Law, Wright.....

Didn't know 2 guys on the same team couldn't break out, this isn't a homer pick it is what i believe, I don't see anyone else w/ Alexander on their squad

dwadefan03
07-23-2009, 06:20 PM
^i agree with you the warriors could have a number of players breakout theyare IMO a slightly worse version of the okc thunder. they hae great tlent they just need to fida true big man.
i really like their core
monta ellis-future all star
stephon curry-future all-star, 3pt champion
marco bellinelli-great role player, also very good 3pt shooter
kelena azubuike-hard worker, great role player,excellent strenghth, great 3pt shooter 45 percent last yr
anthony morrow-GREAT 3pt shooter
and of course Anthony Randolph-future lamar odom, maybe even better

mavwar53
07-23-2009, 06:27 PM
^i agree with you the warriors could have a number of players breakout theyare IMO a slightly worse version of the okc thunder. they hae great tlent they just need to fida true big man.
i really like their core
monta ellis-future all star
stephon curry-future all-star, 3pt champion
marco bellinelli-great role player, also very good 3pt shooter
kelena azubuike-hard worker, great role player,excellent strenghth, great 3pt shooter 45 percent last yr
anthony morrow-GREAT 3pt shooter
and of course Anthony Randolph-future lamar odom, maybe even better

I feel the same way about okc and gsw

CELTICS4LYFE
07-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Trevor Ariza he is going to have a big role in houston next season

Also if Rondo plays like in the playoffs

Dirty30
07-23-2009, 06:56 PM
jason Thompson and mike conley

Chronz
07-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Funny how people think Ariza will fail without Kobe, and others are saying he will bust out. So which is it?

Unec
07-23-2009, 07:17 PM
thad young will have a great season..yes im a homer

ascud2107
07-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Thaddeus Young, Bargnani, Randy Foye, and Courtney Lee come to mind for me.

I think a lot of teams will be trying to pry Thad away from the Sixers at the deadline. He will almost definitely be the Sixers top scorer this year around 20 ppg. And he is only 21. Foye used as a SG helps him a lot, we will see how he fits in Washington. And Courtney Lee will have a lot of playing time with the young Nets. And Bargnani is due, and the Raps are gonna score a lot this year. The defense though... missing.

mavwar53
07-23-2009, 07:20 PM
thad young will have a great season..yes im a homer

Ya I probably should have put him over Alexander

JWO35
07-23-2009, 07:20 PM
PG. Rodney Stuckey
SG. Courtney Lee
SF. Rudy Gay
PF. Anthony Randolph
C. Al Jefferson

ascud2107
07-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Funny how people think Ariza will fail without Kobe, and others are saying he will bust out. So which is it?

I don't think he will fail, he will be the same Ariza that he was in 2007 and this year. Maybe slightly better... 11 and 5. He is a poor mans Andre Iguodala with a better shot.

floridaman
07-23-2009, 07:44 PM
i think Ariza will break out considering the rockets will be hurting for options due to their injuries and a slowed TMAC. I also think Scola will be big this year as well. Also:
Beasley, Jason Thompson, Spencer Hawes, Morrow(guy is already a great 3 point shooter and burst onto the scene last year), BROOK LOPEZ, and a sleeper pick i wouls say look out for Dano Gallinari he is gonna be a real solid player in the league.

BROOK LOPEZ WILL MAKE THE ALL STAR TEAM

JWO35
07-23-2009, 07:47 PM
i think Ariza will break out considering the rockets will be hurting for options due to their injuries and a slowed TMAC. I also think Scola will be big this year as well. Also:
Beasley, Jason Thompson, Spencer Hawes, Morrow(guy is already a great 3 point shooter and burst onto the scene last year), BROOK LOPEZ, and a sleeper pick i wouls say look out for Dano Gallinari he is gonna be a real solid player in the league.

BROOK LOPEZ WILL MAKE THE ALL STAR TEAM

Put down the Pipe....

boeknows
07-23-2009, 08:06 PM
C: DeAndre Jordan -- If he builds on the glimpses from last season, the Clippers suddenly have a terrifying young core with him, Griffin, Gordon, Thorton and Mike Taylor. The guy has a Dwight Howard physique and has apparently looked great during Summer League play.

How is Jordan going to become a breakout player. He is already behind Griffin, Camby and Kaman. He is going to have to do a lot of work just to get some playing time.

KaganRS
07-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Bargnani
Anthony Randolph
Courtney Lee and Douglas-Roberts
Eric Gordon( idk if it really counts as breakout)
Stuckey
Brandon Bass
Wilson Chandler
Thad. Young and Speights
Marcus Williams wherever he signs
Ben Gordon will avg a career high
Ramon Sessions will finally get the PT he deserves
Anthony Parker in Cleveland is a bigger signing than people think
Jason Thompson and Spencer Hawes , although they played well last year
Nick Young

J_M_B
07-23-2009, 09:18 PM
1st team
PG-Ramon Sessions
SG-Courtney Lee
SF-Thaddeus Young
PF-Anthony Randolph
C-Andrea Bargnani

2nd team
PG-Aaron Brooks
SG-Randy Foye
SF-Trevor Ariza
PF-Micheal Beasley
C-Spencer Hawes

3rd team
PG-Micheal Conley
SG-Rodney Stuckey
SF-Wilson Chandler
PF-Joe Alexander
C-Brook Lopez

Honorable mention: Rajon Rondo, Jason Thompson, Danilo Gallinari, DeAndre Jordan and many more....

Homer Pick: Mario Chalmers

JustBlaze31
07-23-2009, 09:25 PM
PG-Ramon Sessions
SG-Trevor Ariza
SF-Wilson Chandler
PF-Anthony Randolph
C-Spencer Hawes

cmellofan15
07-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Jason Thompson and Donte Greene

SeoulBeatz
07-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Mark my words, Trevor Ariza will be a bust in Houston.

I like him as a great role player, but if u expect any more than that then u should think otherwise.

he is a good spot up 3 point shooter, great defender, with good athleticism.

BUT.... he has TERRIBLE handles, absolutely no playmaking ability, and often makes careless decisions when he tries to create for himself.

people expect him to be a star but im sorry folks, he wont be.

the L.A/ESPN hype can only take a player so far. There's a reason he wasn't being talked about so much until he got under the bright lights of L.A

he is a role player and no more.

SeoulBeatz
07-23-2009, 09:37 PM
my first team would have to be...

PG: Michael Conley/ Ramon Sessions
SG: Courtney Lee/ Randy Foye
SF: Thaddeus Young/ Wilson Chandler
PF: Anthony Randolph/ Jason Thompson/ Michael Beasley
C: Andrea Bargnani/ Spencer Hawes

there are a lot of other good young players that come to mind but these are the ones who i believe will see the court enough to actually break out...

ascud2107
07-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Mark my words, Trevor Ariza will be a bust in Houston.

I like him as a great role player, but if u expect any more than that then u should think otherwise.

he is a good spot up 3 point shooter, great defender, with good athleticism.

BUT.... he has TERRIBLE handles, absolutely no playmaking ability, and often makes careless decisions when he tries to create for himself.

people expect him to be a star but im sorry folks, he wont be.

the L.A/ESPN hype can only take a player so far. There's a reason he wasn't being talked about so much until he got under the bright lights of L.A

he is a role player and no more.

+1

He is a solid player, but nothing special. He will probably have the same stats he had this year, and in a way that will be a bust for him with all the hype. Like I said before: 11 ppg, 5 rpg, 1.5 steals would be a very good year for him.

yungballah15
07-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Bargnani is lik bad acne he keeps breaking out lolll, he will be there because hes post game will easily improve, showed strong signs last year, but courtney lee is gonna be good with devin harris, he had a big impact in orlando, can create his shot he will be good,ramon sessions if he gets the right team he can be crazyy, dis guy is underated, i meber him getting a triple double i think, and lik 20 something assist on a bad team in milukee 2 years ago, anthony randolph put in work this summer i wanna see it show, i think he will be the few players to come out of golden state really suscfull with the amount of offence, and thadeus young he keeps getting better him to will be on that.
pg-ramon sessions
sg-courtney lee
sf-thadeus young
pf-anthony randolph
c-bad boi andrea bargnani.

JayW_1023
07-24-2009, 06:02 AM
Aaron Brooks has a good chance at MIP, especially after his play against the Lakers last playoffs.

Beno7500
07-24-2009, 06:26 AM
i REALLy especially hope donte and spencer break out. jt too but i expect/hope they breakout the most

Niro
07-24-2009, 07:03 AM
i would add brooks to that second team und put lee in the first team and morrow in the second.

so kick out Conley and chandler

danidin
07-24-2009, 07:26 AM
1st:

PG - Russell Westbrook
SG - Eric Gordon
SF - Travis Outlaw
PF - Glen Davis
C - Andrew Bynum

2nd:

PG - Will Bynum
SG - Kelenna Azubuike
SF - Julian Wright
PF - Jeff Green
C - JaVale McGee

Reddd
07-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Westbrook, Mcgee, Speights(?), Love, Brooks, Randolph, maybe Bargs?

j-mart
07-24-2009, 08:55 AM
PG Rodney Stuckey
SG Trevor Ariza
SF Rudy Gay
PF Micheal Beasley
C Andrea Bargnani

JVene
07-24-2009, 09:32 AM
1st:

PG - Russell Westbrook
SG - Eric Gordon
SF - Travis Outlaw
PF - Glen Davis
C - Andrew Bynum

2nd:

PG - Will Bynum
SG - Kelenna Azubuike
SF - Julian Wright
PF - Jeff Green
C - JaVale McGee

Haha that fat piece of ---- makes your first team all breakout. You sure you didnt mean your all donut break team. People talk about how everyone on the knicks stats are infalated. Well how about when you play along 3 hall of famers. He is nothing more than a bench player on a good team. You put him on an average team and he becomes michael sweetney.

BullsNumber1Fan
07-24-2009, 10:04 AM
PG Derrick Rose (Will have the ball in his hands more often without BG, looking for 21-8-5 from him)
SG Courtney Lee (Will get a lot of playing time in NJ)
SF Thaddeus Young (Looked really good before he got injured)
PF Andrea Bargnani (Looked really good in the 2nd half)
C Joakim Noah (Averaged 10-12-2 in the playoffs last year)

DaBUU
07-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Joakim Noah!