PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Bulls Make Push For David Lee

JordansBulls
07-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=Chatter-090723)

Marc Stein reports that the Bulls could be one of the favorites to acquire David Lee by way of a sign-and-trade deal with the Knicks.

Details remain scarce, but David Lee's name is finally starting to come up again more often now that pretty much all the top unrestricted free agents apart from Odom and Andre Miller have been signed. With summer league ball behind us, the free-agent focus starts to shift to restricted free agents like Lee.

The problem? Unless Portland uses its cap space to make him an offer, Lee will be relying on the Knicks to cooperate in a sign-and-trade arrangement. And it's believed that New York is determined to retain Lee and Nate Robinson on one-year deals that preserve full Bird rights for both players without obligating the Knicks to slice into their projected salary-cap space for 2010 free agency.

But one well-placed insider volunteered this tip when it comes to Lee's situation: "Keep your eye on Chicago."

ink
07-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Hope they get him and then we won't have to listen to the "Bosh to Chicago" rumours any more.

07-23-2009, 03:51 PM
No!!!!!

Chronz
07-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Doesnt it seem like every year New York and Chicago make a deal

tbo41fan
07-23-2009, 03:56 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me this isnt true....
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

abe_froman
07-23-2009, 03:56 PM
well he's not a star,so it is plausible

Draco
07-23-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't get this rumor.. Part of the reasoning for Chicago not countering Detroits BG deal was the organizations commitment to defense and freeing up cap space... to what end? Using up cap space on Lee who doesn't play defense?

If the Bulls get him hopefully it's a relatively cheap contract.. and hopefully it's with the intention of making him a back-up to Bosh :)

AntwanN21
07-23-2009, 03:58 PM
that would be a great pickup next to Noah.

The bulls would have a pretty solid lineup to with Rose,Noah and Lee all starting

xabial
07-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Lee's agent expects 12M+ annualy for a new contract :laugh2: :laugh:
Good luck with that :laugh: :laugh:

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
07-23-2009, 04:03 PM
who would the knicks be getting in return? tyrus?

MSG34
07-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Lee's agent expects 12M+ annualy for a new contract :laugh2: :laugh:
Good luck with that :laugh: :laugh:

Tell me about it. Us knick fans find it even more comical :laugh2:

STAT1
07-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Hope they get him and then we won't have to listen to the "Bosh to Chicago" rumours any more.

or Amare to Chicago for garbage role players

MiamiHeat
07-23-2009, 04:06 PM
they gave up on their pursue of Boozer?

Reddd
07-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Not Lee, the Bulls can do better than that!

jimbobjarree
07-23-2009, 04:14 PM
haha Chicago can never get their hands on a true star

zambo4president
07-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Ughhh come the **** on. We want Boozer!

Brooklyn Mets
07-23-2009, 04:21 PM
this doesn't make sense..
the knicks better get a pick out of this deal if it gets done..

Shahrose
07-23-2009, 04:21 PM

dont say never when we had MJ
and yea i dont like this either. we should just wait and see what happens with Bosh

zambo4president
07-23-2009, 04:27 PM

Im assuming you mean as of the past 10 years,yes? Because obviously we had Mike and Pip. Rose will be in a few years.

tbo41fan
07-23-2009, 04:27 PM
somebody needs to edit this thread...

it's B-O-O-Z-E-R not L-E-E

Gosh!

jimbobjarree
07-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Im assuming you mean as of the past 10 years,yes? Because obviously we had Mike and Pip. Rose will be in a few years.

duhhhhhhhhhh..yah the last 10 years, you've always had high draft picks and talent, but they're always a load of almosts...D Rose looks to have changed that though, Lee is another solid player, not that star you need or have been searching for for a long time though.

Lo Porto
07-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Why pursue David Lee when you can get Boozer? You need a post up guy not a hustle guy. What offense will Lee and Noah give?

driz
07-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Lee is a double double machine. How you gonna moan about getting him??

IndiansFan337
07-23-2009, 04:36 PM
I don't see this happening. NYK would only want expiring contracts, since Deng & Rose aren't going to be involved.

OA SLAY
07-23-2009, 04:36 PM

He Prooly means through FreeAgency....Good hope they get THOMAS in return

Lakers4ItAll
07-23-2009, 04:39 PM
good solid pickup for the Bulls

DaBUU

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

DRose>>DWilliams

MiamiHeat
Lee is a double double machine. How you gonna moan about getting him??

because most people think he's a product of the Knick's system.. :shrug:

bkmikeyy
07-23-2009, 04:42 PM
because most people think he's a product of the Knick's system.. :shrug:

Thats not entirely true, i think lee is the one who benefited the least from that system. What people fail to realize is that he averaged 11 and 10 for two years coming from the bench with Isaiah as coach. His numbers might drop a little but expect at least 15 and 10 from him in any system.

DynaMike
07-23-2009, 04:43 PM

kinda like how Utah can never get their hands on a trophy.

daleja424
07-23-2009, 04:44 PM
haha... Jazz will be stuck paying boozer this year...

Draco
07-23-2009, 04:46 PM

:laugh2:

tbo41fan
07-23-2009, 04:46 PM

Says the person with Kosta Koufos as their sig...

Pierzynski4Prez
07-23-2009, 04:53 PM

I cannot stop staring at your sig.

camador22
07-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

DRose>>DWilliams

You're somking that good stuff. D.Williams>>>Rose and there's no argument about that.

NYKnicks4511
07-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Oh how nice...we're still trading with the Bulls. Haven't we given them enough already?

YankeeFan89
07-23-2009, 05:01 PM

The bulls get the best deals too =/

07-23-2009, 05:09 PM
You're somking that good stuff. D.Williams>>>Rose and there's no argument about that.

If we're talking about where the two of them will end up, I'll argue that all day.

Right now....edge goes to D-Williams though...but not for long.

jimbobjarree
07-23-2009, 05:15 PM
haha you wish, Deron all the way.

why are you having a go at me for stating the obvious? Name one star that Chicago have managed to get in the last 10 years bar DRose, who I acknowledge is an absolute stud? You've had a slew of high draft picks like Thomas, Noah, Deng (lovvve the Deng), Thabo etc probably more I dunno, yet you havnt managed to add a bonafied star just a bunch of almosts. I'm pretty sure the honest Chicago fans would admit that.

you can always tell your probably right when you touch a nerve, insecurity leads to popping me back with insults. I'm not even anti-Bulls, thats just the way I see it.

And I'm all for you getting Boozer if we didnt have to take your crap, give that to Houston, we'll take Battier/Landry job done.

jimbobjarree
07-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Says the person with Kosta Koufos as their sig...

Kosssstttttttaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doesnt the sig just bring out the white in him ;)

cr00zi3
07-23-2009, 05:18 PM
I dont care wat the bulls do anymore all i want is someone that can play the dam center position.

Gibby23
07-23-2009, 05:21 PM
haha... Jazz will be stuck paying boozer this year...

You seem a bit bitter because they wont trade him to the Heat for trash.

07-23-2009, 05:23 PM

why are you having a go at me for stating the obvious? Name one star that Chicago have managed to get in the last 10 years bar DRose, who I acknowledge is an absolute stud? You've had a slew of high draft picks like Thomas, Noah, Deng (lovvve the Deng), Thabo etc probably more I dunno, yet you havnt managed to add a bonafied star just a bunch of almosts. I'm pretty sure the honest Chicago fans would admit that.

And I'm all for you getting Boozer if we didnt have to take your crap, give that to Houston, we'll take Battier/Landry job done.

If you're arguing that the Bulls don't draft well, thank you for stating the obvious. But yeah there have been a lot of misses. Fizer, Curry, Thomas, and Chandler to the extent that we traded Brand away for him. Obviously Rose was put in our lap as was Elton Brand by winning the lottery.

Outside of the Rose pick though, if you go back and look at the years that the Bulls were picking real high in the draft you'd see that they weren't necessarily good years. Gordon was about as good as we were gonna get at the 2 pick and we still got Deng that year through a trade. Also, Hinrich and Noah were good picks considering where they were drafted at 7 and 9 (I think) respectively. Thabo was a #16 pick. So that's a crapshoot and doesn't really fit into the discussion.

As far as Rose versus Deron. I'd be interested to see what fans of teams other than the Bullls and Jazz think about the comparison. Obviously us homers are going with our heart to an extent. I like them both though.

bleedprple&gold
07-23-2009, 05:28 PM

yea seriously, sometimes I forget if a player is on New York or Chicago. Here's a list of current players that have donned both uniforms:

Eddie Curry
Jerome James
Tim Thomas
Jamal Crawford
Larry Hughes
Chris Duhon

And I'm sure there's more (including many players not in the league anymore)

For some reason I had myself convinced that Al Harrington played for the Bulls. Just seems like one of those guys that would get traded between the two teams.

itsripcity32
07-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Not Lee, the Bulls can do better than that!

:pity:

Kakaroach
07-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Another no post-up hustle guy for the Bulls? Don't they already have that in Thomas and Noah? This move would make no sense from the Bulls point of view...

jimbobjarree
07-23-2009, 05:34 PM
You seem a bit bitter because they wont trade him to the Heat for trash.

your my boy

b_rad23
07-23-2009, 05:35 PM
They really want to get stuck in middle seed purgatory huh?

Lo Porto
07-23-2009, 05:35 PM

That's pretty funny. It's hard to win when the other star goes to the line because the name on his jersey. Oh yeah, stiff arms were somehow allowed for your star too. Hilarious...

As for the actual trade, Chicago will have to take back at least Jerred Jeffries. NY would trade Lee to get rid of Jeffries or Curry.

jimbobjarree
07-23-2009, 05:37 PM
As far as Rose versus Deron. I'd be interested to see what fans of teams other than the Bullls and Jazz think about the comparison. Obviously us homers are going with our heart to an extent. I like them both though.

I really like DRose and yeah, he's already up there with the big boys. Next season will be a better indication, because as you remember, Deron went down in a crumpled heap in your building last preseason that frustratingly held him back performance wise until like Feb, so most good PGs got the better of him all year (he was injured the first time we played you, cant remember how we did at your place though?)

Cant wait to see both players, full health (hopefully) in London in October, its gunna be so awesome :clap:

DaBUU
07-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I really like DRose and yeah, he's already up there with the big boys. Next season will be a better indication, because as you remember, Deron went down in a crumpled heap in your building last preseason that frustratingly held him back performance wise until like Feb, so most good PGs got the better of him all year (he was injured the first time we played you, cant remember how we did at your place though?)

Cant wait to see both players, full health (hopefully) in London in October, its gunna be so awesome :clap:

Your talking about us not having stars, thats probably true for the recent past, but we had The Star not that long ago. Your still bitter cuz the Jazz had two great teams but had to go against Mike and got whooped. And the only reason DWilliams has the edge at the moment is because of experience, dont get me wrong he is a really tough PG, watched him play at IL. But when it comes to the talent, DRose has the edge and will surpass him soon. no ish talking, my opinion.

Indi23
07-23-2009, 05:49 PM
If you're arguing that the Bulls don't draft well, thank you for stating the obvious. But yeah there have been a lot of misses. Fizer, Curry, Thomas, and Chandler to the extent that we traded Brand away for him. Obviously Rose was put in our lap as was Elton Brand by winning the lottery.

Outside of the Rose pick though, if you go back and look at the years that the Bulls were picking real high in the draft you'd see that they weren't necessarily good years. Gordon was about as good as we were gonna get at the 2 pick and we still got Deng that year through a trade. Also, Hinrich and Noah were good picks considering where they were drafted at 7 and 9 (I think) respectively. Thabo was a #16 pick. So that's a crapshoot and doesn't really fit into the discussion.

SUNS Fan.. There both studs but if i had a choice right now it would be DWILL only because hes bigger and he has all the tools to become the best point guard of his time. But before we get carried away don't you guys think before we enter Rose in these sort of contests we should wait till the middle of his sophmore year ?

DaBUU
07-23-2009, 05:51 PM
SUNS Fan.. There both studs but if i had a choice right now it would be DWILL only because hes bigger and he has all the tools to become the best point guard of his time. But before we get carried away don't you guys think before we enter Rose in these sort of contests we should wait till the middle of his sophmore year ?

Whats the fun in that for us, we dont have anyone else to brag about. Seriously, barring injuries I think its a safe bet to say Rose is going to be a great one, maybe cuz I was able to watch him every game i seen first hand what hes capable of. Not two many guys enter the league the way he did and had the type of year and playoffs he had and end up not doing much in the league. His rookie year stats, regular season and playoffs were up with great players.

MJ-BULLS
07-23-2009, 06:06 PM
hell no, unless he takes a 1 year deal then no, one thing ill will say to garpax is if this is the best u can do then dont do nothing at all, save ur money for next years FA class.

jimbobjarree
07-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Your talking about us not having stars, thats probably true for the recent past, but we had The Star not that long ago. Your still bitter cuz the Jazz had two great teams but had to go against Mike and got whooped. And the only reason DWilliams has the edge at the moment is because of experience, dont get me wrong he is a really tough PG, watched him play at IL. But when it comes to the talent, DRose has the edge and will surpass him soon. no ish talking, my opinion.

I became a Jazz fan (not from another team, just got into the NBA then) like 4 years ago, no bitterness here.

Rose is real good, and will become a fine player, he's a different kind to Deron like Paul is, we'll see. I'll take Deron for right now and the next 3 or 4 years though. After that, then we'll see.

97'bulls
07-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Nice, Tim Thomas for David Lee :p

Missing56&33
07-23-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't get this rumor.. Part of the reasoning for Chicago not countering Detroits BG deal was the organizations commitment to defense and freeing up cap space... to what end? Using up cap space on Lee who doesn't play defense?

If the Bulls get him hopefully it's a relatively cheap contract.. and hopefully it's with the intention of making him a back-up to Bosh :)

Bosh??? This is Chicago and NY we're talking about here. Remember??? You guys will get duhon back, Have Lee backing up Jerome James(he'll be a beast for you guys next year) Tim Thomas...anthony roberson running the point. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

not done yet ...will trade for Jared Jefferies for Tyrus Thomas and kirk Hinrich for Eddy Curry too. :laugh: :laugh:

JordansBulls
07-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Why pursue David Lee when you can get Boozer? You need a post up guy not a hustle guy. What offense will Lee and Noah give?

That's what I am trying to figure out.

Draco
07-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Bosh??? This is Chicago and NY we're talking about here. Remember??? You guys will get duhon back, Have Lee backing up Jerome James(he'll be a beast for you guys next year) Tim Thomas...anthony roberson running the point. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

not done yet ...will trade for Jared Jefferies for Tyrus Thomas and kirk Hinrich for Eddy Curry too. :laugh: :laugh:

Eh? :confused:

dodie53
07-23-2009, 08:48 PM
chicago and new york really like to trade with each other..

LA_Raiders
07-23-2009, 09:04 PM
it doest make sense unless there is another trade on chicagos mind....

La11
07-23-2009, 09:17 PM

Yes they cant get their hands on a star cause michael jordan was never a star....He was A SUPERSTAR

La11
07-23-2009, 09:22 PM
chicago and new york really like to trade with each other..

yeah cause paxson used to screw isiah thomas over and over and over again....too bad the bulls had a lot of assets to get a superstar but instead kept their assets and let them walk away(BG, NY first round picks)

what could have been...just a shame

Stunner
07-23-2009, 09:28 PM

you can always tell your probably right when you touch a nerve, insecurity leads to popping me back with insults. I'm not even anti-Bulls, thats just the way I see it.

I think da record for D-Rose vs D-Will is Rose 2-0 last year if im correct.:eyebrow:

jimbobjarree
07-23-2009, 09:39 PM
nah first one deron was out injured along with Boozer and you still only won with a larry hughes buzzer beater, the second one I cant remember but I presume we lost it.

edit- ahhh the second one was in December when Deron was coming back from his injury and was severely ristricted, and limped off the court after every game, so I doubt that was a true contest. Deron 19 and 6 half injured, DRose 24 and 3

dwadefan03
07-23-2009, 09:52 PM
are you guys seriously arguing whos better bw drose and dwill. cmon seriously....dwill is the sec best pg in the game behind cp3

MaHaRaJaH
07-23-2009, 09:52 PM

Then it leaves only Miami '--_--

Unbearable
07-23-2009, 10:00 PM

I hope you don't mean Boozer. If he was a true star don't you think there would be teams lining up for him?

GCOOKIE7
07-23-2009, 10:14 PM

Who's you???? Did he pick the team. Are YOU responsible for putting the Jazz together????

OR are you just a little bitter over the Bulls taking "YOUR" championships away?

MTar786
07-23-2009, 10:17 PM

I'll take deron ANYDAY of the week..
better D and IMO can lead a team much better
maybe Drose in 6 years time

Draco
07-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Just a thought...

why is it that the title of this thread is "ESPN: Bulls Make Push For David Lee" and the actual quote from ESPN is "Bulls could be one of the favorites to acquire David Lee" followed by "Keep your eye on Chicago." from some source.

jimbobjarree
07-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Who's you???? Did he pick the team. Are YOU responsible for putting the Jazz together????

OR are you just a little bitter over the Bulls taking "YOUR" championships away?

facepalm moment right there

07-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Well, it looks like the outsiders have spoken, and the winner is Deron Williams. I probably agree if we're talking about right now. Deron is a better shooter right now and a better defender. Maybe we'll reassess this in a couple years.

JOSKOMANG4
07-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Bulls and Knicks trade:

1) Dave Lee agrees to sign & trade: Signs with Bulls 6yr 51 mill(8.5 mill).

Trade:

Knicks acquire C Jerome James and PG Kirk Hinrich from Bulls in exchange for C/PF David Lee and PF/SF J. Jefferies.

For the...

Knicks: Hopefully they can agree on a buyout with Jerome James( 5mill buyout; save 1.6 mill). With Hinrich, they acquire a point guard that would fit perfectly in D'Antoni's system.

Lineup:

C: Eddy Curry^/ /Darko Milicic
PF: Al Harrington#/Jordan Hill*
SF: Wilson Chandler/Danilo Gallinari
SG: Nate Robinson/ Larry Hughes
PG: Kirk Hinrich/ Chris Duhon / Tony Douglass*

Bulls: THey acquire the low-post threat that they desire in David Lee at a price that's reasonable(8.5mill). In the deal, they acquire a veteran PF/SF in Jefferies who'll provide leadership and strength to their young bench. They also relinquish the contract of kirk Hinrich.

C: Brad Miller/Joakim Noah
PF: David Lee/James Johnson*
SF: Tyrus Thomas/Linton Johnson/ Taj Gibson*
SG: Luol Deng/John Salmons/J.Pargo
PG: Derrick Rose/Lyndsay Hunter

* with the trade of Hinrich & acquisition of Lee, don't be surprised if they move Deng to SG and Thomas to SF to add more height to their lineup.

ElishaJ1030
07-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Bulls and Knicks trade:

Trade:

Knicks acquire C Jerome James and PG Kirk Hinrich from Bulls in exchange for C/PF David Lee and PF/SF J. Jefferies.

For the...

Knicks: Hopefully they can agree on a buyout with Jerome James( 5mill buyout; save 1.6 mill). With Hinrich, they acquire a point guard that would fit perfectly in D'Antoni's system.

Lineup:

Bulls: THey acquire the low-post threat that they desire in David Lee at a price that's reasonable(8.5mill). In the deal, they acquire a veteran PF/SF in Jefferies who'll provide leadership and strength to their young bench. They also relinquish the contract of kirk Hinrich.

* with the trade of Hinrich & acquisition of Lee, don't be surprised if they move Deng to SG and Thomas to SF to add more height to their lineup.

You do realize NY is trying to move salary. Why would they acquire Hinrich when they are hesistant in signing Ramon Sessions to the MLE....no way Donnie Walsh considers this trade unless he send Kirk to another team...nice thought....sike!!!

Ztesch
07-24-2009, 11:59 AM
D-rose in 2 more years will be the best pg in the league. Mark my words!!!!

masalex1205
07-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Bulls and Knicks trade:

Trade:

For the...

Lineup:

Bulls: THey acquire the low-post threat that they acquire a veteran PF/SF in Jefferies who'll provide leadership and strength to their young bench. They also relinquish the contract of kirk Hinrich.they desire in David Lee at a price that's reasonable(8.5mill). In the deal,

not a bad idea but 1st of all, Lee is far from a low post threat. Secondly, if the Knicks are offering Lee 8 million so if they could sign him for 8.5 I think they would have already done so. He is looking for 10-12 a year. Dont think the Bulls would be willing to take on Jeffries contract either.

DynaMike
07-24-2009, 12:15 PM
That's pretty funny. It's hard to win when the other star goes to the line because the name on his jersey. Oh yeah, stiff arms were somehow allowed for your star too. Hilarious...

John Stockton, thats all I have to say.

Steve Kerr
07-24-2009, 12:25 PM
How many more power forwards who can't score do we need?

Rocktonicjuice3
07-24-2009, 12:46 PM
I would be very intrigued If they could get him for Tyrus and on a cheap deal. With DRose, Lee would be avg. 20pts/12rbs/54%FG. Can Thomas make that big of a leap this upcoming year??

07-24-2009, 04:19 PM
I would be very intrigued If they could get him for Tyrus and on a cheap deal. With DRose, Lee would be avg. 20pts/12rbs/54%FG. Can Thomas make that big of a leap this upcoming year??

Do you really think he would average 20pts/game? He'd be fighting with Rose, Deng, and Salmons for scoring. 12 rbs/game? He'd be fighting for boards with Noah. I'll give him 15 and 10. Can Tyrus do that? Maybe not. But Lee doesn't play man up defense and most importantly the Bulls don't have to offer Thomas a contract if they don't want to after next season. In order to get Lee, they'd have to sign him to a long term contract. Not worth it in my eyes for maybe 4-5 extra points per game.

JordansBulls
07-26-2009, 10:47 PM
D-rose in 2 more years will be the best pg in the league. Mark my words!!!!

I hope so.:D