PDA

View Full Version : Fighters you'd like to see again

Sports Illustrator
07-23-2009, 11:14 AM
If there was one fighter you'd like to see come back who has fought sometime in the last 10 years and hasn't fought for a long time, who would it be?

My choice would be Bernard Hopkins. He has always been one of my favorite fighters, even before the time when he defeated Roy Jones Jr.. I like the way he trained himself for each fight, the madness he brought into each one of his fights and most important, he was the fighter I've seen with the biggest heart. He wouldn't back down from Goliath. He would never get tired either, he would keep on going and going.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2009, 12:05 PM
I would have to go with SACRAMENTO's finest DIEGO "CHICO" CORRALES.His fights were always entertaining.He could be losing but at the same time he'd remain com & he would never give up.He was a true warrior & its still hard for me to except the fact that he's dead.Wathcing him fight was poetry in motion.

R.I.P. DIEGO CORRALES:box:

jetsforever
07-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Lennox Lewis

2009mvp
07-23-2009, 11:57 PM
I would have to go with SACRAMENTO's finest DIEGO "CHICO" CORRALES.His fights were always entertaining.He could be losing but at the same time he'd remain com & he would never give up.He was a true warrior & its still hard for me to except the fact that he's dead.Wathcing him fight was poetry in motion.

R.I.P. DIEGO CORRALES:box:

Good choice.

I'd have to say Tommy Hearns myself. Probably the guy who's fights I looked forward to more than anyone in my lifetime. In the last ten years, it's gotta be Gatti. You knew you were gonna be entertained when either of those guys fought.

jetsforever
07-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Good choice.

I'd have to say Tommy Hearns myself. Probably the guy who's fights I looked forward to more than anyone in my lifetime. In the last ten years, it's gotta be Gatti. You knew you were gonna be entertained when either of those guys fought.

i was thinking Gatti too but i would want to see Lennox lase it up since he left right after that whole klitshcko incident.

Sports Illustrator
07-24-2009, 01:40 AM
i was thinking Gatti too but i would want to see Lennox lase it up since he left right after that whole klitshcko incident.

Lennox Lewis would be another great fighter that I know I'd enjoy watching if I was to see him fight against during his prime throughout his career. He is another fighter who always wanted to win. He showed the passion he had for boxing in every fight.

Another reason why he is missed is because there aren't that many great fighters who are fighting in his weight division as of today.

jetsforever
07-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Lennox Lewis would be another great fighter that I know I'd enjoy watching if I was to see him fight against during his prime throughout his career. He is another fighter who always wanted to win. He showed the passion he had for boxing in every fight.

Another reason why he is missed is because there aren't that many great fighters who are fighting in his weight division as of today.

yup exactly

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 04:48 PM
If there was one fighter you'd like to see come back who has fought sometime in the last 10 years and hasn't fought for a long time, who would it be?

My choice would be Bernard Hopkins. He has always been one of my favorite fighters, even before the time when he defeated Roy Jones Jr.. I like the way he trained himself for each fight, the madness he brought into each one of his fights and most important, he was the fighter I've seen with the biggest heart. He wouldn't back down from Goliath. He would never get tired either, he would keep on going and going.

Hmm....I never knew he defeated Roy Jones JR???:shrug:

Raps18-19 Champ
07-26-2009, 08:06 PM
You mean guys that might be still able to fight?

Because if that is what you mean, I want Morales and Barrera to come back in their old form. The 130-135 and maybe 140 might be a little more interesting.

jetsforever
07-26-2009, 10:53 PM
You mean guys that might be still able to fight?

Because if that is what you mean, I want Morales and Barrera to come back in their old form. The 130-135 and maybe 140 might be a little more interesting.

Barrera... know he was awesome. Morales started to die down bad but Barrera was a bad ***.

cambovenzi
08-21-2009, 04:01 AM
Mike tyson if he took some initiative to hang in there and win.

Saint Brian
08-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Ray Leonard
Marvin Hagler
Tommy Hearns

I loved watching those three fight.

Sly Guy
08-27-2009, 06:38 PM
I always like felix trinidad in his prime. Those lightning fast hands would unleash hell and you'd see the dude on the canvas before he knew what it was that hit him.