PDA

View Full Version : Wade's Priority Is Odom Before Boozer

JordansBulls
07-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Source: Sun-Sentinel (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/davie/sfl-wade-odom-heat-s072209sbjul22,0,4158838.story)

Dwyane Wade wants Lamar Odom for the forward's skills on the floor. But Odom would add something else: entertainment on the plane.

"I know he's got a tough decision to make with L.A., but our door is open," Wade said.

Wade said Odom gave him no time frame: "Lamar is on his own time, his own schedule. And I don't think [anyone] knows when he's going to make a decision. That's L.O. We know that in Miami. At the end of the day, we want him to make a decision that is best for his family."

While Wade praised Boozer, saying "he's what you want" in a power forward, he reiterated that "Lamar right now is our big focus. We want to make sure we get Lamar and then go from there."

Wade's sales pitch to Odom? "Come home! Come back!"

Wade characterized his relationship with Odom as "great," even if they don't see each other as much these days.

B.JenningsMVP
07-22-2009, 03:22 PM
He might as well go for Boozer 'cause Lamar ain't goinnnn' no where ") haha

Wade_County
07-22-2009, 03:38 PM
yeah im thinking Lamar is going to stay in LA

fairandbalanced
07-22-2009, 03:54 PM
@ Jordan........Is your hubby making treads? You just seem to be the creator of every other tread.

I think Wade is just doing his best, but Odom will stay in L.A. He is just waiting till he's wanted back.

Kakaroach
07-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Big surprise he's been pushing for Odom the whole time and hasn't said anything about Boozer.

king4day
07-22-2009, 04:11 PM
He might as well go for Boozer 'cause Lamar ain't goinnnn' no where ") haha

So you're saying he IS going somewhere :)

But seriously, I agree. Boozer is the more likely scenario.

MiamiHeat
07-22-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't think he wants to go public and say he wants a Boozer trade and that's their main focus, that would mean one of his teammates would be traded

B.JenningsMVP
07-22-2009, 04:19 PM
So you're saying he IS going somewhere :)

But seriously, I agree. Boozer is the more likely scenario.

Yeah, cause Lamar's seems like he's coming back :) http://blacksportsonline.com/index/2009/07/bso-exclusive-lamar-odom-to-re.html

Lo Porto
07-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Of course everyone in Miami is waiting on Odom. That offer is on the table. Why make a play for Boozer when you don't know the hand you're holding? Honestly, I think Utah has demanded Beasley for Boozer. If the HEAT get Odom, it's bye bye Beasley so Boozer comes.

If Odom goes back to LA, Miami will have to find a 3rd team for the Boozer trade since they will be more reluctant to trade Beasley. Miami might end up giving Utah Haslem and both 2010 1st rounders to get him.

TheGsw
07-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Lamar staying!

Hellcrooner
07-22-2009, 05:12 PM
I can see why he prefersa god all around layer that doe snot demmand a lot of touches.