PDA

View Full Version : Most Overhyped team for 09-10

Raps18-19 Champ
07-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Last year, it was the Cavs. Everyone thought the acquisition of Mo Williams would help take them to the top but that was wrong.

I want to know who you think is going to be overhyped this year? Some teams who might get overhyped because of acquisitions are Cavs(Shaq), Mavs(Marion), Magic(Carter), Lakers(Artest), Raptors(Turkoglu) and a couple more.

BTW-Please don't close this.

jacquewho?
07-22-2009, 01:13 PM
I think the Cavs are gonna be overhyped again. Shaq isn't going to push them over the Magic to get into the NBA Finals. And there really haven't been any other changes to that roster, so I'm not led to believe they will take down the Magic who got significantly better this offseason.

Zefflin
07-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Mavs in the west I guess. Even more than the Spurs. Then the Cavs again.

Wilson
07-22-2009, 01:23 PM
I want to say the Cavs, because I just don't see Shaq working out for them. I think him and LeBron is going to be a very shaky experiment. On the other hand, I love their collection of role players.

However, I don't think Shaq will be of any use to them if Orlando or Boston wants to push the pace against them, which they can easily do. I don't think Cleveland will win the championship this year.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-22-2009, 01:27 PM
I do not get how the Cavs are going to be overhyped again. Everyone seems to be pushing them aside now and not giving them any credit. A lot of people don't even have then in the East Finals. That doesn't sound very overhyped to me. That sounds more like the Magic last year because no one thought they would be in the East Finals but they ended up winning the East.

If anything, shouldn't the Cavs be under rated because not a lot think that they can go past the 2nd round?

Kakaroach
07-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Celtics. I don't see how the addition of Sheed makes them better than the Magic or Lakers.

knickerbockerny
07-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I vote for the Mavericks, even though they are skilled at just about every position, they lack toughness and the uncanny ability to get it done.

SeoulBeatz
07-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Last year, it was the Cavs. Everyone thought the acquisition of Mo Williams would take them to the top but that was wrong.

I want to know who you think is going to be overhyped this year? Some teams who might get overhyped because of acquisitions are Cavs(Shaq), Mavs(Marion), Magic(Carter), Lakers(Artest), Raptors(Turkoglu) and a couple more.

wtf?

i honestly didnt think the cavs would be a top 5 team last year, and Im pretty sure most of this forum agreed with me when we did top team rankings before last season.

I was shocked to see them have the best record in the NBA last season, but that was ALL LEBRON, a true testament to his talent.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-22-2009, 01:40 PM
wtf?

i honestly didnt think the cavs would be a top 5 team last year, and Im pretty sure most of this forum agreed with me when we did top team rankings before last season.

I was shocked to see them have the best record in the NBA last season, but that was ALL LEBRON, a true testament to his talent.

Everyone thought Mo was the last peice to help them get over the top.

stealth33
07-22-2009, 01:49 PM
In my mind it has to be the Celtics. A lot of people are giving them a pass for this last year because of KG's injury and are naming them the favorites in the East. Now you can definitely make a case for them to finish #1 in the East, for sure...but its another year later and who's to say injuries won't be an issue again...especially ones that are generally due to age. My gut tells me the Eastern representative this year is going to be the Magic or a team that isn't considered as the top 3 in the East.

rapjuicer06
07-22-2009, 01:51 PM
wherever lebron is, they will be the overhyped team

Zefflin
07-22-2009, 01:53 PM

x2

Was the lose to Orlando all Lebron too, or his teammates not doing? Perphaps just the worst match-up for the Cavs was the Magic, or did Lebron try to do too much like usual...

masalex1205
I do not get how the Cavs are going to be overhyped again. Everyone seems to be pushing them aside now and not giving them any credit. A lot of people don't even have then in the East Finals. That doesn't sound very overhyped to me. That sounds more like the Magic last year because no one thought they would be in the East Finals but they ended up winning the East.

If anything, shouldn't the Cavs be under rated because not a lot think that they can go past the 2nd round?

I agree. The Cavs are now underrated and playing w/ a chip on their shoulders. Something tells me the smart money is on the Cavs next year.

If the Lakers lose Odom then they will be overhyped. People still underestimate the importance of Odom on the team. Plus, to win a championship you have to have a solid rotation of big men. If Odom goes to Miami then the Lakers bench just got a whole lot thinner...

MiamiHeat

+1

JordansBulls
07-22-2009, 01:59 PM
wtf?

It was started on 8/11
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268996

Mo Williams trade was 8/13

Mo Williams trade (http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/Search/SearchResults.php?Player=Mo+Williams&Team=&PlayerMovementChkBx=yes&BeginYear=&BeginMonth=&BeginDay=&EndYear=&EndMonth=&EndDay=&submit=Search)

mavwar53
07-22-2009, 02:02 PM
between the mavs and the wiz

Tblaze
07-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Celtics. I don't see how the addition of Sheed makes them better than the Magic or Lakers.

It's the return of a healthy Garnett AND the acquisition of Sheed that makes them better...

ko8e24
07-22-2009, 02:07 PM
In my mind it has to be the Celtics. A lot of people are giving them a pass for this last year because of KG's injury and are naming them the favorites in the East. Now you can definitely make a case for them to finish #1 in the East, for sure...but its another year later and who's to say injuries won't be an issue again...especially ones that are generally due to age. My gut tells me the Eastern representative this year is going to be the Magic or a team that isn't considered as the top 3 in the East.

celtics are legit

HoopsMachine
07-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Last year, it was the Cavs. Everyone thought the acquisition of Mo Williams would help take them to the top but that was wrong.

I don't agree with you on the Cavs because even though they didn't win it all they finished the season with the best record in the NBA and lost to a Magic team that caught fire at the right moment. No one thought they would be that good with the addition of Mo Williams.

I don't think any team is being overhyped at the moment by the media.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-22-2009, 02:11 PM
I don't agree with you on the Cavs because even though they didn't win it all they finished the season with the best record in the NBA and lost to a Magic team that caught fire at the right moment. No one thought they would be that good with the addition of Mo Williams.

I don't think any team is being overhyped at the moment by the media.

A lot thought that Williams was the sidekick Lebron needed to help bring the Cavs to win.

mikantsass
07-22-2009, 02:24 PM
I say the Mavs. Their stars dont play D!

Unruly Fan
07-22-2009, 02:26 PM
A lot thought that Williams was the sidekick Lebron needed to help bring the Cavs to win.Williams = sub par = not enough.

Unruly Fan
07-22-2009, 02:27 PM
I say the Mavs. Their stars dont play D!Marion will help them HUGE.

DrJamesNaismith
07-22-2009, 02:38 PM
All sport is over hyped. Lebron is the hype and I believe it. He's only going to get better, and look what he did last year on his own.

Jamiecballer
07-22-2009, 03:07 PM
The Cavs didn't meet expectations last year???

Spurred1
07-22-2009, 03:14 PM
No teams are even being heavily favored or over hyped right now, except for the Magic; they've picked up some players that should help them out significantly. However, a stacked roster doesn't always translate to championship. What year was it that the star laden favored Lakers lost the Finals against a "blue collar" Detroit underdog team?
Anything could go wrong for any of the teams.

D-Will4Prez
07-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Lakers. I don't think the addition of Artest is going to help them much if they're losing Ariza and maybe Lamar Odumb. I think Magic, Celtic, Cavs, and possibly even Heat are doing much more to improve their team this year I don't think Lakers will win it again next year.

Unruly Fan
07-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Lakers. I don't think the addition of Artest is going to help them much if they're losing Ariza and maybe Lamar Odumb. I think Magic, Celtic, Cavs, and possibly even Heat are doing much more to improve their team this year I don't think Lakers will win it again next year.Wait, what have they done again?

Besides the obvious teams, I think the Mavs and Atlanta have made the biggest moves that look nothing but beneficial on paper. Mavs have given up benchwarmers in George, Wright + Bass for a considerable upgrade in Marion + Humphries. Atl, although weakend at the point was able to re-sign Bibby and add a significant scorer in Jamal Crawford (underrated trade).

jrodmesche
07-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Lakers are

jrodmesche
07-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Wait, what have they done again?

he said possibly cause we have a chance of getting A.I., Boozer, and Odom

flyers1618
07-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I think it's the cavs again with the signing of shaq. All i've heard is about how shaq went to the cavs or how jefferson went to the spurs.

Teeboy1487
07-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Lakers. I don't think the addition of Artest is going to help them much if they're losing Ariza and maybe Lamar Odumb. I think Magic, Celtic, Cavs, and possibly even Heat are doing much more to improve their team this year I don't think Lakers will win it again next year.

I don't agree with you. Everyone including some laker fans say the spurs would be the favorite if we lose odom too. If we keep odom, we are definitely legit.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-22-2009, 04:02 PM
How can all you guys say Cavs when everyone thinks they can't even make the ECF.

TYoung21
07-22-2009, 04:15 PM
The Bucks hype is out of control.

Chronz
07-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Who thought Mo Williams would put the Cavs over the top, I dont remember any such thoughts.

GoatMilk
07-22-2009, 05:44 PM
portland is overhyped.
everyone thinks they're gonna be so good.
they are, but i think we are overhyping their talent

Chronz
07-22-2009, 05:48 PM
wtf?

Ditto

Nobody did, the general consensus was that a team that couldnt win a single game without Bron the year before wasnt going to be much better with just Mo. Little did we know Bron would have an All-Time historical season to go with the added depth.

Trust me, nobody was predicting the Cavs to finish as the top seed in the NBA. Comparing their talent pool to that of the C's, Magic, Lakers, and even a few other western teams doesnt provoke such thoughts. Find me 1 credible analyst that expected it and Ill show you 10 that said it wouldnt be enough to win the East.

Legitimate
07-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm gonna have to vote bulls for the most overhyped team goin into 2009-2008. They lost there best offensive player and never made any solid additions. 'Bravo' they took a KG-less celtics team to game 7 or whatever. Rose is isn't going to carry this team into the playoffs IMO. To be honest I believe that they will struggle to make the playoffs, haha.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Ditto

Nobody did, the general consensus was that a team that couldnt win a single game without Bron the year before wasnt going to be much better with just Mo. Little did we know Bron would have an All-Time historical season to go with the added depth.

Trust me, nobody was predicting the Cavs to finish as the top seed in the NBA. Comparing their talent pool to that of the C's, Magic, Lakers, and even a few other western teams doesnt provoke such thoughts. Find me 1 credible analyst that expected it and Ill show you 10 that said it wouldnt be enough to win the East.

A lot of analysist throughout the season thought that Mo Williams could be the sidekick Lebron needed to help them win.

Callenx5
07-22-2009, 06:39 PM

That wasn't what it was, that started going around after the cavs began winning alot of games and then everyone started talking about the acquisition of Mo. they might have been overhyped heading in to the playoffs, but no one expected the cavs to win that many games in the regular season.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-22-2009, 06:40 PM
That wasn't what it was, that started going around after the cavs began winning alot of games and then everyone started talking about the acquisition of Mo. they might have been overhyped heading in to the playoffs, but no one expected the cavs to win that many games in the regular season.

I'm saying it in the sense throughout the season.

Callenx5
07-22-2009, 06:41 PM
I think the mavs, I believe getting marion signing kidd back I believe those were all bad moves. Kidd past his prime, and marion not really a force(good player), but wont put u over the top.

TheGsw
07-22-2009, 07:49 PM
SA Spurs!

Mane
07-22-2009, 07:59 PM
I think the Raptors are way overhyped.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-22-2009, 08:38 PM
^I actually agree.

I haven't(or barely posted) posted in the Raptors forum in like 2 weeks because of all this threads about Turkoglu, Jack and other guys.

vigilantex69
07-22-2009, 08:38 PM
What?! The Pacers arent overhyped?!?!

Raps18-19 Champ
07-22-2009, 08:40 PM
^

No one voted for the Pacers.

Chronz
07-22-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm saying it in the sense throughout the season.

Considering you made this thread in the off-season I assumed you meant as in preseason talk. During the regular season of course they are going to hype them up, they were winning alot of games, thats not overhype, thats you getting attention for overachieving.

Nobody thought Mo was the piece that would get Bron over the hump, and most smart people looked at the Cavs and wondered how this talent base, managed to win so much.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Considering you made this thread in the off-season I assumed you meant as in preseason talk. During the regular season of course they are going to hype them up, they were winning alot of games, thats not overhype, thats you getting attention for overachieving.

Nobody thought Mo was the piece that would get Bron over the hump, and most smart people looked at the Cavs and wondered how this talent base, managed to win so much.

Ya that was my fault for starting in the offseason but I wanted to see who was going into the season getting hyped the most.

In the beginning of the year, the media was talking about how Williams could be the scorer Lebron needed that could help them get deep into the playoffs. Near the end of the year, people thought that the Cavs were the favourites in the playoffs because Williams did such a good job in the season and they thought he could be the guy the Cavs needed as an extra scorer that they didn't have 2 years ago against the Spurs.

cr00zi3
07-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Cavaliers no doubt.

Super.
07-22-2009, 09:58 PM

With KG the Celtics were better than the Magic last year. So its like adding KG and Sheed. Plus Daniels? and hopefully big baby back? How is that not better?

D12 > Perkins
Bass < KG
Lewis < Pierce (its close but Pierce still gets the edge over Lewis here
VC (Greater than or equal to) Allen
Nelson = Rondo (Nelson is great dont get me wrong, but Rondo came like .5 whatevers from averaging a triple double in the playoffs

SHeed > Gortat
Daniels > Piertrus (or however you spell it :rolleyes:)

And you lost lee, who was very solid for you guys and totally shut down Ray. Can Vince shut down Ray?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Carter and Peitrus is better than Allen and Daniels.

Beno7500
07-23-2009, 12:45 AM
lakers

Mile High Champ
07-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Easily the wizards for me, I still think they get no higher than the 7th seed in the east.

Bones10564
07-23-2009, 02:15 AM
With the addition of Shaq you know the media will run with LBJ & the Cavs...

Raps18-19 Champ
07-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Everyone is pushing the Cavs aside. How can they be overhyped.

MajorFloridaFan
07-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Its going to be the cavs...Im so sick of hearing them in the news for nothing

JWO35
07-23-2009, 01:52 PM
I voted for the Cavs, but there are a lot of teams that are over hyped going into this season

MajorFloridaFan
07-23-2009, 01:53 PM
The magic will be 1 and i am a fan......sorry guys

MajorFloridaFan
07-23-2009, 01:54 PM
But with Shaq and LEB ITCH in cavs uniforms the media will be camped there....they are both media WH****

omarz8
07-23-2009, 02:20 PM
its the celtics, injuries are gonna hurt this team again, with an aging group of stars i dont think adding sheed gives them more talent than the top teams, maybe not even win teh atlantic, heres hoping toronto wins it again

Raps18-19 Champ
07-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Is it really their fault they get love from the media?

It's not like they purposely try to get the camera around them.

MJ-BULLS
07-23-2009, 06:55 PM
the most overhyped team that comes to my mind has to be the cavs, the other team is the mavs.

ascud2107
07-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Once again the media will be all over the Cavs hyping them up once again. LeBron is enough to make you hyped up way to much but when you add Shaq it puts you over the top. Unless some crazy move to help a contender I am almost 100% sure that the Cavs will be picked by SI to win the Finals and many other places too.

AMC31
07-25-2009, 12:52 PM
:laugh2:

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-25-2009, 02:51 PM
LMAO why would any one for the Kings, they're horrible.

Er1c
07-25-2009, 03:00 PM
hmmm wanted to vote for 2...but couldn't! so i voted for the Cavs

Kidddd
07-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Bulls

Vidball
07-25-2009, 03:08 PM
ORL--I don't see them getting past the Celts this year. They barely beat a C's team w/out KG last year and with Bass at the 4 now and Lewis at the 3 I think ORL will have more match-up problems than advantages.

jdricks
07-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Pistons or Bulls.

EastCoastBaller
07-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Bucks

SUPER5
07-25-2009, 03:26 PM

Cha-ching right on the money. Couldn't agree with u even more

lorenz00
07-25-2009, 05:29 PM
overhyped is magic.. carter cant do ****..

DetroitRipCity
07-25-2009, 06:53 PM
cavs hands down shaq does not help