PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe how many good stars are left

Boston Faithful
07-22-2009, 02:55 AM
You got Lamar Odom, Andre Miller, Allen Iverson, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Raymond Felton and Ramon Sessions left and decent role players in Glen Davis, Linas Kleiza, Drew Gooden and Joe Smith.

It's almost August and all of these guys are left.

It's weird to me that the Lakers haven't jumped on Odom with all the other contenders getting stronger. It's also weird to me that the Blazers haven't jumped on Andre Miller for the same reason - because they have needed a good point guard for quite some time and Miller would fill that need without stunting growth to wing players like Batum and Fernandez. It would also keep them in the league with the Lakers and Spurs.

On the flipside, the Knicks seem focused on signing someone, just for the hell of it when they need cap space for next summer. Jason Kidd, Grant Hill and now apparently Ramon Sessions and I have no idea why they would want to lock these guys up for more than a year.

Also, it seems crazy to me that the Cavs would extend an offer sheet to Jamario Moon when Kleiza is available. Kleiza is versatile, can really shoot and is much younger than Moon.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
07-22-2009, 03:18 AM
well its obviously they will all be signed they are very good player like you said and soon they will all be signing somewhere we just have to wait and see where.

Pa1nl3ss
07-22-2009, 03:18 AM
Yes those things amazes me too.
About Kleiza, he already have deal cos he said hes joining interantional team in next few days.

DenButsu
07-22-2009, 04:34 AM
Yes those things amazes me too.
About Kleiza, he already have deal cos he said hes joining interantional team in next few days.

Um, no he didn't. Olympiakos has expressed interest in him but his agent said they're not offering as much as he wants. Chances are most in favor of him signing the Nuggets' $2.7 mil QO, 2nd most in favor of another team signing him to an offer sheet in the $3.5-4.5 mil range and Denver either matching if they feel it's not to high or letting him get away, and Europe will be a last resort. His agent has explicitly said he wants to stay in the NBA. But I did lol some at "Kleiza is versatile". Yeah, he can hit 3s with a lot of inconsistency and cherry pick. :rolleyes:

Pa1nl3ss
07-22-2009, 05:09 AM
Yes he did said so for international team coach on the phone. By international team i ment Lithuanian international team which getting ready for euro 09.

nygiants242
07-22-2009, 05:50 AM
Since when are these guys "stars"?

Reddd
07-22-2009, 08:05 AM
More like solid players than stars, but I think it has something to do with the economy crisis.

DenButsu
07-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Yes he did said so for international team coach on the phone. By international team i ment Lithuanian international team which getting ready for euro 09.

Okay.

I think my confusion is forgivable though, since the Lithuanian national team is... well, a national team, and in everyday parlance playing "international" basketball generally refers to playing for European or South American (etc.) teams.

Wilson
07-22-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm suprised there hasn't been more interest in David Lee. You'd think there'd be someone willing to offer their MLE...

nycericanguy
07-22-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm suprised there hasn't been more interest in David Lee. You'd think there'd be someone willing to offer their MLE...

Theres no point in any team offering him the MLE because the knicks would just match. and the knicks have offered him 4 years and 32 million already.

the problem with Lee is his agent has been asking for $60 million and pretty much pissed off teams from making him an offer. now there are pretty much no teams left with cap space. I think Lee's agent really screwed Lee over and has left him with no options or leverage.

Lee is a nice player but $60 million or $12 per year when the cap will only be around 50 million? I mean what team would give 25% of their cap for a guy who has never won more than 33 games and is a nice solid role player.

king4day
07-22-2009, 10:22 AM
My understanding is that LA is jumping on Odom but he turned down their offer (as of a week ago).
Portland is currently pursuing Miller, which I think is a fantastic pickup if they get him.
Sessions will probably be in NY very soon.
Since Lee, Felton, Nate, and Davis are all restricted, they are at least guaranteed to return to their present teams.
Kleiza will prob go overseas. He's the guy I'm pretty surprised hasn't been talked about. A year ago, Denver refused to part with him. Now no one seems interested.

Lakerfrk
07-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Its too bad Felton is restricted.. I'd like to see him go elsewhere, I like the kid, and I'd love to see what he can do on a contender.

futureman
07-22-2009, 11:09 AM
This is because of the economy. No teams can really afford to sign these players to the types of deals that they are looking for. Some of these players will end up overseas.

Joshtd1
07-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Players being greedy + bad economy = not good combo

RocketsRule
07-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Players being greedy + bad economy = not good combo

:nod:

What a smart man.

Pa1nl3ss
07-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Okay.

I think my confusion is forgivable though, since the Lithuanian national team is... well, a national team, and in everyday parlance playing "international" basketball generally refers to playing for European or South American (etc.) teams.

My bad i ment national ;D , anyways u got it now. Btw hes 90% gonna be in one of three teams that is cavs, celtics or raptors.

Guys how do u think how much odom could get if miami signs him for 5 ?

ARMIN12NBA
07-22-2009, 06:58 PM
The Lakers aren't jumping on Odom because Odom is demanding way too much money and the Lakers know they are his only option so they can hold out and wait for him to lessen his demands. The Lakers are in the position of power.

The reason why the Blazers don't want Andre Miller is because he can't shoot and they want a good outside shooter at the PG spot.

madiaz3
07-22-2009, 07:27 PM
You got Lamar Odom, Andre Miller, Allen Iverson, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Raymond Felton and Ramon Sessions left and decent role players in Glen Davis, Linas Kleiza, Drew Gooden and Joe Smith.

On the flipside, the Knicks seem focused on signing someone, just for the hell of it when they need cap space for next summer. Jason Kidd, Grant Hill and now apparently Ramon Sessions and I have no idea why they would want to lock these guys up for more than a year.

I don't think they were looking to sign Hill or Kidd to anything longer than a year. On the otherhand, what's wrong with signing Sessions to a longer deal? Most people seem to love his game.

DenButsu
07-22-2009, 07:31 PM
My bad i ment national ;D , anyways u got it now. Btw hes 90% gonna be in one of three teams that is cavs, celtics or raptors.

Guys how do u think how much odom could get if miami signs him for 5 ?

I'd say it's more like 70% that he goes back to the Nuggets - either at the $2.7 mil QO they've already extended, or by their matching another team's offer sheet that they didn't think was too high to handle... probably no more than $4 mil.

Then a 25% chance one of the teams you mentioned (although probably not the Cavs, who will likely end up with Moon instead) signs him to an offer sheet that's higher than the Nuggets are willing to pay, and they grab him.

Then 5% that Olympiakos or another Euro team makes him an offer he can't refuse.

------------------

For me, I'm pretty neutral on whether he returns to Denver. I think it would be worth it for the QO, but I don't want to see them pay him more than that, and their flexibility moving towards the latter part of the offseason and the trade deadline is increased if he walks, which increases the likelihood that they'll use their big TPE to pick up a player of greater impact than LK.