3)Boston
4)Cleveland
5)Toronto
6)Indy
7)Dallas
8)Atlanta

cav_till_i_die
07-22-2009, 02:32 AM
orlando has not done the best... they took their champoionship team and turned it completely inside out... they will have three new starters if you count nelson... i dont like what they have done.... now they are conventional and easy to gaurd

secterm
07-22-2009, 02:40 AM
orlando has not done the best... they took their champoionship team and turned it completely inside out... they will have three new starters if you count nelson... i dont like what they have done.... now they are conventional and easy to gaurd

Vince is probably their 1st scoring option. Brandon Bass is a beast. Barnes adds quality depth. And they made themselves a 9 Million dollar trade exception. That could be huge.

The starting line-up of Howard-Bass-Lewis-Carter-Nelson seems very, very scary. Each of those guys is capable of making a huge impact on a game let alone when they go off as a group.

MagicBucsSox
07-22-2009, 02:47 AM
cavs fans are such haters, and how olds that avatar?
if u cant guard turk, how can u guard vince? lemme guess next you'll say turk is better then vince,go head amuse me

BRICKCITYPIMP12
07-22-2009, 03:31 AM
hhmmm i think vc goin to magic is great for them and rj on the spurs is huge to but i would say celtics getting sheed is the biggest move..imo

#1Mavericksfan
07-22-2009, 03:32 AM
I would say...

1)San Antonio
2)Orlando
3)Boston
4)Cleveland
5)Toronto
6)Indy
7)Dallas
8)Atlanta

Hold on....how do you have the Raptors and the Pacers and the Cavs ahead of Dallas?...the Cavs only got Shaq, the Raptors got Hedo and Jack and the Pacers didn't do anything but get Jones and you mean to tell me they are ahead of Dallas?

ko8e24
07-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Orlando A-
San Antonio A+
Dallas A+
Denver B
Boston B+
Cleveland B-
Miami B-
L.A. Lakers Incomplete

itsripcity32
07-22-2009, 04:14 AM
5)Toronto
6)Indy
7)Dallas
8)Atlanta
wtf?

detroit has to be in the top 5 for picking up 2 top free agents

abe_froman
07-22-2009, 04:15 AM
5)Toronto
6)Indy
7)Dallas
8)Atlanta
wtf?

detroit has to be in the top 5 for picking up 2 top free agents

who?

itsripcity32
07-22-2009, 04:17 AM
aahah ur so funny

J-Relo
07-22-2009, 04:28 AM
cavs fans are such haters, and how olds that avatar?
if u cant guard turk, how can u guard vince? lemme guess next you'll say turk is better then vince,go head amuse me

well Hedo used his height advantage... the best defender on Cavs was West, but as we all know he is too short for 6-11 guy, but Vince is not the same... maybe he is more explosive, but he can't use any of his body advantages

nearyG
07-22-2009, 04:41 AM
1) Orlando- VC, Bass, Gortat, Barnes...and now maybe cj watson..great moves
2) Boston- Rasheed, Daniels-- they get even tougher and added two more bullies- really only lost big baby
3) Toronto- Turkoglu, Jack, Derozan, Wright, George and probably Rasho and Delfino--added depth makes roster look better than when they were division champs
4) San Antonio- Jefferson will be good for them...McDyess and Blair will add to the team as well
5) Lakers- Ron Artest was huge--if they get Odom back they will probably repeat
6) LA Clippers-- Getting rid of Randolphs contract to clear way for Griffin is the most underrated move of the offseason
7) Clevland- Shaq is what he is...i think this move is over-rated...if they don't get rid of ilgauskis they might be in trouble...Parker and Moon were good depth moves...Parker will be a good addition
8) Detroit- Gordon and CharlieV are ok...they could've done a lot better...i guess it's better than having AI and Rasheed at this stage of their careers...and with the direction of the team...some good draft picks in Daye and Summers
9) Dallas- I don't know why everyone thinks Dallas had such a good off-season...They basically have the same roster as last year with Shawn Marion who makes Josh Smith redundant...they need to get a good centre...and try and get rid of Dampiers ridiculous contract...marion will be good for them though...he will rebound and slash and play some d
10) Minnesota- Even though I have no idea why this dude drafted both Rubio and Flynn...he has been making some good moves to start rebuilding...getting rid of large contracts and some of the veteran players to allow the young core to mold...there were way too many players on that roster

secterm
07-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Hold on....how do you have the Raptors and the Pacers and the Cavs ahead of Dallas?...the Cavs only got Shaq, the Raptors got Hedo and Jack and the Pacers didn't do anything but get Jones and you mean to tell me they are ahead of Dallas?

maybe Dallas ahead of Indy, but Dallas hasn't done that much. The main differences are Marion and Humphries in & Bass-Wright-George-Stackhouse out. I like Marion's game, so I think they are better than last year, but not my that much since they lost some depth.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-22-2009, 08:26 AM
2) Boston- Rasheed, Daniels-- they get even tougher and added two more bullies- really only lost big baby
3) Toronto- Turkoglu, Jack, Derozan, Wright, George and probably Rasho and Delfino--added depth makes roster look better than when they were division champs
4) San Antonio- Jefferson will be good for them...McDyess and Blair will add to the team as well
6) LA Clippers-- Getting rid of Randolphs contract to clear way for Griffin is the most underrated move of the offseason
7) Clevland- Shaq is what he is...i think this move is over-rated...if they don't get rid of ilgauskis they might be in trouble...Parker and Moon were good depth moves...Parker will be a good addition
8) Detroit- Gordon and CharlieV are ok...they could've done a lot better...i guess it's better than having AI and Rasheed at this stage of their careers...and with the direction of the team...some good draft picks in Daye and Summers
9) Dallas- I don't know why everyone thinks Dallas had such a good off-season...They basically have the same roster as last year with Shawn Marion who makes Josh Smith redundant...they need to get a good centre...and try and get rid of Dampiers ridiculous contract...marion will be good for them though...he will rebound and slash and play some d
10) Minnesota- Even though I have no idea why this dude drafted both Rubio and Flynn...he has been making some good moves to start rebuilding...getting rid of large contracts and some of the veteran players to allow the young core to mold...there were way too many players on that roster

We havent lost him yet....

#1Mavericksfan
07-22-2009, 09:01 AM
maybe Dallas ahead of Indy, but Dallas hasn't done that much. The main differences are Marion and Humphries in & Bass-Wright-George-Stackhouse out. I like Marion's game, so I think they are better than last year, but not my that much since they lost some depth.

lost depth how?....George hasn't done anything good since his was on the Lakers, Stackhouse is done, Wright is a good defender but that's all and Bass don't play defense, Rick Carlisle already said that Marion was gonna fill in Bass role as Dirk's back when he goes to the bench.

Reddd
07-22-2009, 09:03 AM
1.Lakers(if Odom resigns)
2.Spurs
3.Boston

Raph12
07-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Orlando A-
San Antonio A+
Dallas A+
Denver B
Boston B+
Cleveland B-
Miami B-
L.A. Lakers Incomplete

I agree with most of it but, Dallas A+? for what losing quality role players for Shawn Marion? They have Josh Howard (yes I know he's injury-prone) but I don't think getting Marion qualifies for an A+ rating maybe a B+ at best. Miami has yet to do anything at all so why would they get a B-? they deserve an F. San Antonio has done very well, I agree with the A+ rating. Denver has let Dahntay go and got Afflalo in return, I don't think they deserve a B, I'd say C- is more like it. Boston lost Marbury, Leon Powe and maybe Glen Davis while getting Sheed and Marquis, so I think B (if they get Davis back the + can be added), Cleveland has made some good moves, but idk about a 37 yr old Shaq or a 34 yr old Parker and Moon over Kleiza, I think they could have done better and they still need a backup PF, Ferry needs to get Gooden back, so a B- is about right. Lakers, lost Ariza, got Artest, player-wise great move, we'll see if they can gel, I think losing/getting Odom back is going to be the difference maker for me, losing Odom they get C+, getting Odom back they get A-. Finally Orlando, possibly the most controversial of the group. Orlando lost Turk right after the Finals, he wanted to leave no matter what, even before they got Carter, his wife wanted to go to a more turkish area, thus he's in Toronto so keeping that in mind, they actually lost Courtney Lee, Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Tyronn Lue and in return they got Vince Carter, Ryan Anderson, Brandon Bass, Matt Barnes, CJ Watson and a 9 million dollar trade exception (which may be VERY useful at the trade deadline or next offseason). Now no one knows how this will gel, but in terms of making moves after losing one of your four best players, I think the Magic deserve an A+.

ADDED: Final Ratings:
Dallas: B+
Miami: F
San Antonio: A+
Denver: C-
Boston: B
Cleveland: B-
LA Lakers: C+/A- (Depends on whether Odom resigns)
Orlando: A+

And yeah I know I'm a Magic fan so people are gonna say I'm biased, well w/e believe what you want

ragee
07-22-2009, 11:25 AM
1. Orlando
2. Celtics
3. San Antonio

dudeonthemoon
07-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Orlando A-
San Antonio A+
Dallas A+
Denver B
Boston B+
Cleveland B-
Miami B-
L.A. Lakers Incomplete

they havent done ****

EYDI819
07-22-2009, 12:50 PM
the best one is wallace in celtics... they dont have a big 3... they have a big 4... they might have 4 all star starters by this season

JOSKOMANG4
07-22-2009, 02:18 PM
1) Trade for SF/SG Vince Carter

2) Signing of young-upcoming PF Brandon Bass. I do believe him and Dwight Howard will be great front-court.

3) Matching the offer for Gortat. I was iffy by the resigning; I was thinking maybe they could of worked out a sign & trade with Dallas. Well overall, Gortat prooved himself as a great back-up.. but worth almost 6 mill a season?? We'll see.

4) Signing vet Matt Barnes. Versatile. Can play either PF,SF,or SG.

5) Signing PG CJ(i think its CJ) Watson.. with Jameer Nelson's injury last season, Watson is a great insurance policy.

Overall.. definitley a great offseason by Orlando so far.

Roster:

C: Dwight Howard/Marcin Gortat
PF: Brandon Bass/ Ryan Anderson
SF: Rashard Lewis/Matt Barnes/Jeremy Richardson^
SG: Vince Carter/Michael Pietrus/ J.J. Redick
PG: Jameer Nelson/Anthony Johnson/C.J. Watson

JOSKOMANG4
07-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Honorable Mention: Celtics.

Celtics signed Veteran Rasheed Wallace who brings in a hard-nose talent and a starting-caliber SF/SG in Marquis Daniels.

If they are able to Keep both Big Baby Davis and Leon Powe and hopefully bring in another PG to backup Rondo.. the celtics will be my clear-cut winner #1 seed in eastern conference.

C: Kendrick Perkins/Rasheed Wallace
PF: Kevin Garnett/ Brian Scalabrine
SF: Paul Pierce/Marquis Daniels/Bill Walker
SG: Ray Allen/Eddie House/Tony Allen/J.R. Giddens
PG: Rajon Rondo/Gabe Pruitt/Lester Hudson*

*Superman*
07-22-2009, 02:29 PM

Celtics signed Veteran Rasheed Wallace who brings in a hard-nose talent and a starting-caliber SF/SG in Marquis Daniels.

If they are able to Keep both Big Baby Davis and Leon Powe and hopefully bring in another PG to backup Rondo.. the celtics will be my clear-cut winner #1 seed in eastern conference.

PG: Rajon Rondo/Gabe Pruitt/Lester Hudson*

Do they even have money to retain them? I know Powe is injured, he could come in real cheap. I think Baby will get overpaid by a team though.

MAC10TIZZY
07-22-2009, 02:46 PM
well Hedo used his height advantage... the best defender on Cavs was West, but as we all know he is too short for 6-11 guy, but Vince is not the same... maybe he is more explosive, but he can't use any of his body advantages

so your telling me turk grew in inch since moving to toronto........im so sick of hearing "height advantage" this height advantage that.........b.s. turk was good for our team, vince will be better..........go magic

Unruly Fan
07-22-2009, 02:55 PM

PG: Rajon Rondo/Gabe Pruitt/Lester Hudson*I just realized their backup PG options are weak sauce. And if anything Sheed should backup both 4 and 5 positions where needed because Salabrinie :down:

Draco
07-22-2009, 02:57 PM
If Tor manages to keep Bosh because of the moves they made this summer I'd have to go with Tor ranking #1.

Unruly Fan
07-22-2009, 02:58 PM
so your telling me turk grew in inch since moving to toronto........im so sick of hearing "height advantage" this height advantage that.........b.s. turk was good for our team, vince will be better..........go magicOne of the reasons your team did so well against the Cavs was because of player mismatches in which Hedo played a huge role in. I like your optimism though.

Halladay
07-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Vince Carter is a cancer without a doubt. His personaility outweighs what he does on the court. Orlando took a step backwards when getting him and all the experts agree.

itsripcity32
07-22-2009, 03:05 PM

thats a joke

Jay22Redd
07-22-2009, 03:08 PM
We havent lost him yet....

yet?

Jay22Redd
07-22-2009, 03:09 PM
thats a joke

yeah cause its really like one of the best :laugh2: