PDA

View Full Version : If the Finals started today...

North Yorker
07-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Who would win between the Magic and Lakers in a 7 game series given their current rosters. Magic add Bass, Vince, Barnes, Watson, and lose Lee. Lakers add Artest, lose Ariza and lets assume they lose Odom.

Would the Lakers still win? Would it be a 7 gamer?

Poll to come.

Mckphins
07-21-2009, 08:06 PM
If the finals started today? lol man let the offseason play out! Close thread

ko8e24
07-21-2009, 08:12 PM
clippers in 3

brandonwarne52
07-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Lakers in about 97.

still1ballin
07-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Lakers in 4

Raph12
07-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Sacremento Kings in a best of 1 series

RLundi
07-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Magic all the way :)

BigDaddyKaine
07-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Wow this is really ********

ZebraCity916
07-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Lakers in 4

Yeah right. Get real.

MSG34
07-21-2009, 10:12 PM
If the finals started today :laugh:. There's no doubt the Lakers would win the series as of now. How many games, i'm not sure. I think 5-6 would be about right. The Magic wouldn't get swept and it wouldn't go to 7. I think the Magic would win more then a game as well.

North Yorker
07-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Wow, bad title on my part.

I was just wondering if people thought the Magic passed the Lakers with the additions they've made.

I think I'll stick to responding to threads instead of making them :)

ZebraCity916
07-21-2009, 10:21 PM
If the finals started today :laugh:. There's no doubt the Lakers would win the series as of now. How many games, i'm not sure. I think 5-6 would be about right. The Magic wouldn't get swept and it wouldn't go to 7. I think the Magic would win more then a game as well.

How would there be no doubt that the Lakers win the series????

They added Artest and lost Ariza and it says at the top that this is also assuming they lose Odom too.

So the Lakers add Artest but lose Ariza and Odom. That's a huge loss.

Magic lost Courtney Lee, Alston, and Tony Battie but they add Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson. They also sign Brandon Bass, C.J. Watson, and Matt Barnes.

Magic add depth and Lakers lose it. There's no way.

ARMIN12NBA
07-21-2009, 10:25 PM
The Lakers would dominate. The Magic haven't played a single game together. They would be COMPLETELY and TOTALLY out of sync. The Lakers just added one piece (a piece that has already played and learned the Triangle). The Lakers would win in 5 if the Finals started today.

BTW--This is a useless topic and why should we assume the Lakers lose Odom if the Lakers are the frontrunners to get him? :laugh:

ZebraCity916
07-21-2009, 10:30 PM
The Lakers would dominate. The Magic haven't played a single game together. They would be COMPLETELY and TOTALLY out of sync. The Lakers just added one piece (a piece that has already played and learned the Triangle). The Lakers would win in 5 if the Finals started today.

BTW--This is a useless topic and why should we assume the Lakers lose Odom if the Lakers are the frontrunners to get him? :laugh:

How are they the front runners when they pulled their offer off the table????

North Yorker
07-21-2009, 10:34 PM

I didnt know they were the frontrunners. I thought he was considering Miami.. my bad.

ZebraCity916
07-21-2009, 10:37 PM
I didnt know they were the frontrunners. I thought he was considering Miami.. my bad.

Don't worry. They're not the front runners. Lakers pulled their offer off the table.

brandonwarne52
07-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Wow this is really ********

Hence my first post.

As if the premise wasn't ******** enough, you just took it and ran with it. lol