PDA

View Full Version : Possible deal with the Clippers?

ClipperfanKevin
07-21-2009, 06:59 PM
I've proposed a trade here about Gerald Wallace for Chris Kaman. I know that there was a deal in place around the deadline, but I understand that Kaman's stock has dropped pretty far. I want to know what you guys think of this deal:
Chris Kaman + Mike Taylor + 2010 second rounder for Wallace. The second rounder could become a protected first rounder if need be. You guys get a starting center, which would move a 6'10 Okafor back to a more natural PF spot. This trade would give you offense in your starting front court and possibly the best defensive front court in the league. It would move Diaw to the bench and give you instant offense there. Mike Taylor gives you a backup plan at PG in case Felton goes elsewhere, and if he stays put, you have time to develop him in case your management shops Felton. The second rounder should be a high one - we're the Clippers, in a draft that is supposed to be very deep. If necessary, a lottery protected first rounder, top 10 in 2011 and 2012, and top 3 in 2013 and 2014 would eventually net you another good young prospect.

Chateamsfan
07-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Um no?

masalex1205
07-22-2009, 11:49 AM
I've proposed a trade here about Gerald Wallace for Chris Kaman. I know that there was a deal in place around the deadline, but I understand that Kaman's stock has dropped pretty far. I want to know what you guys think of this deal:
Chris Kaman + Mike Taylor + 2010 second rounder for Wallace. The second rounder could become a protected first rounder if need be. You guys get a starting center, which would move a 6'10 Okafor back to a more natural PF spot. This trade would give you offense in your starting front court and possibly the best defensive front court in the league. It would move Diaw to the bench and give you instant offense there. Mike Taylor gives you a backup plan at PG in case Felton goes elsewhere, and if he stays put, you have time to develop him in case your management shops Felton. The second rounder should be a high one - we're the Clippers, in a draft that is supposed to be very deep. If necessary, a lottery protected first rounder, top 10 in 2011 and 2012, and top 3 in 2013 and 2014 would eventually net you another good young prospect.

First of all, def. not fair value for Wallace. Secondly, Okafor's natural position is center. It's a common misconception that he's natural position is PF but he's just not quick enough to keep up when power forwards. He's just a little short for a center but there aren't too many "pure" centers left in the NBA anymore anyway. Next, Felton isn't going anywhere unless Portland overpays him. Also, Diaw suffers off the bench, just look at his previous situation in Phoenix. He needs to start.

You're going to have to throw in some young talent to make that work.

StaffordtoCJ
07-24-2009, 11:51 PM
I would love to have Kaman but not for Wallace. I definitely agree that Diaw needs to start but the Bobcats

97'bulls
07-25-2009, 01:43 AM
I would never give up Gerald Wallace for Kaman.

ClipperfanKevin
07-26-2009, 07:36 PM
First of all, def. not fair value for Wallace. Secondly, Okafor's natural position is center. It's a common misconception that he's natural position is PF but he's just not quick enough to keep up when power forwards. He's just a little short for a center but there aren't too many "pure" centers left in the NBA anymore anyway. Next, Felton isn't going anywhere unless Portland overpays him. Also, Diaw suffers off the bench, just look at his previous situation in Phoenix. He needs to start.

You're going to have to throw in some young talent to make that work.

I know that Bobcat fans love Wallace, but remember at the deadline last year, there was a Wallace for Kaman straight up deal, the only reason it was pulled was because Kaman wasn't healthy enough to pass a physical, not because the Bobcats wanted to pull the deal. I understand that his value has fallen, but I threw in Taylor and a protected first, which amounts to young talent.
I'd also disagree that Okafor plays a better C than PF. Maybe you're right on the defensive end, but offensively, he put up the most points per game playing the power forward next to Brezec in 2004 and 2006. If you want him to develop offensively (which I'm not sure if you do), statistics suggest that he should do it at the 4 instead of at the 5. Just my opinion.

JakeDelbreezy
07-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I know that Bobcat fans love Wallace, but remember at the deadline last year, there was a Wallace for Kaman straight up deal, the only reason it was pulled was because Kaman wasn't healthy enough to pass a physical, not because the Bobcats wanted to pull the deal. I understand that his value has fallen, but I threw in Taylor and a protected first, which amounts to young talent.
I'd also disagree that Okafor plays a better C than PF. Maybe you're right on the defensive end, but offensively, he put up the most points per game playing the power forward next to Brezec in 2004 and 2006. If you want him to develop offensively (which I'm not sure if you do), statistics suggest that he should do it at the 4 instead of at the 5. Just my opinion.

Gerald Wallace is a much better player than he was even from as recently the All Star Break last year. He (and Felton) went from being a guy LB didn't know if he wanted to basically being the best player on the team. Mike Taylor would be what our 3rd SG or 3rd PG? That's not much value. And 2nd round picks, regardless of how high they may be, typically don't equal great value either. Kaman is a good player, but the other pieces don't equal enough value to merit trading Crash.

ClipperfanKevin
07-27-2009, 04:25 AM
it could be bumped up to a first

masalex1205
07-27-2009, 10:41 AM

As far as I remember, there was no real serious consideration from the CHA front office over a Wallace for Kaman swap. FOs bounce off ideas all the time with each other and this one never got any traction. I remember there being rumors that Wallace was being offered up for Raef LaFrenz(sp?) and Felton to Dallas for a bag of potato chips and two gummy bears.

Statistics don't always tell the whole story. Of course Okafor put up better numbers with paired w/ Brezec. He had to shoulder much more of the scoring load bc Brezec is garbage and our current team is SO much better. Basically DIAW>>>>>brezec.

it could be bumped up to a first

Not unless is a top pick. Wallace is just too valuable to the Bobcats.

king4day
07-27-2009, 03:44 PM

Wallace is far to valuable to trade for Kaman alone (to me, I don't consider Taylor and the pick protected pick, as parts of a trade. It's Kaman for Wallace and the Cats get worse now being forced to move Diaw to the bench AND losing their best scorer).

THiiRTYONE
08-05-2009, 11:53 AM
WHY TRADE WALLACE FOR KAMAN!?!?! i SOO DO NOT APPROVE.

bigsams50
08-06-2009, 03:59 AM
no way, keep crash

Blue Magic
08-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Who in their right mind would trade Wallace for Kaman? lol

Marlins11
08-13-2009, 11:31 AM
No. Wallace should stay in Charlotte.