PDA

View Full Version : Randy ruiz

jaysfan55
07-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Does this guy have a home in Toronto soon?? HE is tearing up AAA right now with 19-20 Hrs and 81 RBI... I think he will def. be a september call up, hopefully during that call up his bat stays hot and can prove that he belongs. He would/could be the possible replacement for Overbay if we ship him out.. let me know what you think.

Anythinzposible
07-21-2009, 03:50 PM
I think he might be a bench player next year but not starting. AAA is not the MLB. And this guy has been having off the field issues as well. But he does have a hot bat.

I think our starting 1B next year is going to be Brian Dopriak, 1982, This guy is a really good player that has power. Look for him in semptember

Habs n Jays Fan
07-21-2009, 03:57 PM
I think he might be a bench player next year but not starting. AAA is not the MLB. And this guy has been having off the field issues as well. But he does have a hot bat.

I think our starting 1B next year is going to be Brian Dopriak, 1982, This guy is a really good player that has power. Look for him in semptember

Agreed, this guy deserves a shot at the MLB, he's shown nothing but power in his career(48 HR and 173 RBI over 220 games in the Jays organization). His Defence isn't the greatest but at worst he goes to DH and the Jays convert Lind to 1B.

The_905
07-21-2009, 04:04 PM

Had no idea on how well Dopirak was playing but those numbers are pretty solid in AA( .308 avg, 19 HR, 68 RBI, .961 OPS in 87 games) but lets see how well he plays in Vegas. So far so good though, in five games .333 avy 3 doubles. Needs to get his OPS up though (.794).

Ruiz is pretty old now thats his only draw back, we might as well see what happens with a September call up.

laker18
07-21-2009, 05:07 PM
i think with the numbers he has in AAA he deserves a call up sooner then September. But he is not going to be a starter in the mlb, at least not for toronto. Ya hes good in AAA but the majors is way different. Though not a mlb starter he still deserves a call up.

seanw30
07-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Do we not have a DH position for a reason?

The Jays aren't worried about keeping young players in their position as proved with Lind. So I don't see why he shouldn't get a shot at DH.

JaysFan87
07-21-2009, 05:18 PM
A 32 year old who suddenly becomes an offensive threat?? I doubt it the odds of him becoming even a bench player are extremely low. If not for that then there has to be something wrong when the blue jays are the 10th major league team he has been associated with. Also be very wary of offensive stats coming from the PCL.

As for Dopirak he has never made it above AA before the jays and he is only now making it to AAA you also have to be wary about his offensive game in the PCL. THe advantage for him tho is that he is 26 which you could argue is onyl slightly later when average players make contributions. Maybe he will be the next diamond in the rough.