PDA

View Full Version : are we all witnesses?

spurs4#5
07-21-2009, 12:49 AM
the simple truth not every great player wins a title...so whats to come for "king' james...lets take a look back at the greats without a title...karl malone, john stockton, charles barkley, elgin baylor, pistol pete, george gervin, patrick ewing, dominique wilkins, reggie miller.....so my question is will lebron ever get his illusive title?

asandhu23
07-21-2009, 12:57 AM
nope only title he is ever gonna get is "most dunked on NBA player". :)

bogdanrom
07-21-2009, 12:57 AM
Yes he will, but NOT next year. It will be at least two years before he will win his first championship. But it would definitely be funny and ironic if he didn't. King James without a crown. Also wasn't there a thread about this a couple of weeks ago.

spurs4#5
07-21-2009, 01:03 AM
no idea if there was another thread about this

LA_Raiders
07-21-2009, 01:12 AM
he has a some already:

Dunked by College Kid
Sore Loser
Mr. Ego

b_rad23
07-21-2009, 01:16 AM
He's what? 24?

abe_froman
07-21-2009, 01:18 AM
yes unlike all those you lsted(except pete,and gervin as an old man) he doesnt have to contend with mj

ink
07-21-2009, 02:10 AM
he has a some already:

Dunked by College Kid
Sore Loser
Mr. Ego

This is the kind of post that will get this thread shut down.

If people don't have anything intelligent to say on the subject, please stay out of the thread.

We will not tolerate hating on NBA players in this forum.

ko8e24
07-21-2009, 02:12 AM
he has a some already:

Dunked by College Kid
Sore Loser
Mr. Ego

altho those are all true, let's not hate (i kno thatz impossible, but how bout to a minimum?)

ink
07-21-2009, 02:12 AM
He's what? 24?

Exactly. Give him time.

jwn0303
07-21-2009, 02:14 AM
All of the people that talk down LeBron amuse me. There is even one guy on psd that has in his sig that LeBron will never win a title unless he isn't the best player on his team. Well, basically you are saying he will never win a title, because there isn't a player you can put on his team that would be better than LeBron, plain and simple. Everyone that hates LeBron, is just jealous that he doesn't play for their team. He is the best playing right now, this coming from a Kobe fan. He will win more than a few titles in his day. He will be one of the best to ever play this game when it is all said and done.

KaganRS
07-21-2009, 02:23 AM
"are we all witnesses?"
NO
"will lebron ever get his illusive title?"
yes
can you guys please stop talking about Lebron ?
probably not

KG2TB
07-21-2009, 02:34 AM
He'll win at least 3 titles IMO

It's amazing he ever even got to the finals in the first place with the team he had around him. They over-achieved last year as well...I mean Mo Williams, Varejao, and Ilgauskas are fine players but what other player could get that team to the best record in the league?? Nobody. LeBron will win some titles once he has that one real legit sidekick.

MAC10TIZZY
07-21-2009, 02:36 AM
well to some it all up ...he is nasty on the court, and nasty off the court...but everyone has flaws, his just seem larger...

spurs4#5
07-21-2009, 02:38 AM
He'll win at least 3 titles IMO

It's amazing he ever even got to the finals in the first place with the team he had around him. They over-achieved last year as well...I mean Mo Williams, Varejao, and Ilgauskas are fine players but what other player could get that team to the best record in the league?? Nobody. LeBron will win some titles once he has that one real legit sidekick.

i guess then the real question is...is anybody ever gonna be able to put a team around lebron with the salary that he demands and salary caps diminishing?

KG2TB
07-21-2009, 02:57 AM
i guess then the real question is...is anybody ever gonna be able to put a team around lebron with the salary that he demands and salary caps diminishing?

Yes

Teeboy1487
07-21-2009, 02:59 AM
If he does not ever get a title, He will obviously be the best player to not win a title. However, I think he will win at least one.

NYtilIdie
07-21-2009, 03:11 AM
Damn what is this like the 3rd thread of "are we all witnesses"? I guess ink decided to let this one fly.

Yes Lebron will win at least IMO 2 rings if not more. Lebron needs another star player along side him to win a championship not a superstar like D-Wade a star like Tony Parker or VC. Every championship team had a star player Kobe&Gasol,KG&Pierce,Duncan&Parker, Jordan&Pippen. Shaq can potentially be that star player im not sure yet we have to wait for the season to start to see.Mo was suppose to be that but lacked playoff experience he should do better this season. I think getting Shaq and Parker are great pick ups cause the Cav's now have a legit 6th man as last year it would be Wally one game, then Gibson next and as the Laker's showed a great 6th man can take you a long way and is one of the main keys to winning a championship.

I like Lebron's chances this year. We'll have to wait and see

bolts4ever
07-21-2009, 03:59 AM
All of the people that talk down LeBron amuse me. There is even one guy on psd that has in his sig that LeBron will never win a title unless he isn't the best player on his team. Well, basically you are saying he will never win a title, because there isn't a player you can put on his team that would be better than LeBron, plain and simple. Everyone that hates LeBron, is just jealous that he doesn't play for their team. He is the best playing right now, this coming from a Kobe fan. He will win more than a few titles in his day. He will be one of the best to ever play this game when it is all said and done.

C This is MY PROBLEM!!!! Its not that I hate LEBRON!!!! I like the guy and like everybody else
Think HE'S IS EXITING TO WATCH!!

But when PEOPLE CALL HIM THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA!!! It KILLS ME. Lebron is great BUT I think people should call him what he is. THE BEST ATHLETE IN DA GAME!!! But BEST PLAYER??? NO! ITS NOT CLOSE!!! KB24 BY FARRRRRR!! Has the best skill set in the game!!

Ask anyone EVEN an HONEST CAVS (not these bandwagoners), an they will agree. Just look at their games LBJ23 all about RUNNING FASTER and JUMPING HIGHER than anyone else. KB24 is a KILLER inside and out HE can KILL U, 1.shooting 2.passing 3. Scoring4. Goin to the hole. So how U WANT IT????

LOVE BRON! BRON! And I hope he gets 1 or 2 Rings!!

Kyle N.
07-21-2009, 05:11 AM
C This is MY PROBLEM!!!! Its not that I hate LEBRON!!!! I like the guy and like everybody else
Think HE'S IS EXITING TO WATCH!!

But when PEOPLE CALL HIM THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA!!! It KILLS ME. Lebron is great BUT I think people should call him what he is. THE BEST ATHLETE IN DA GAME!!! But BEST PLAYER??? NO! ITS NOT CLOSE!!! KB24 BY FARRRRRR!! Has the best skill set in the game!!

Ask anyone EVEN an HONEST CAVS (not these bandwagoners), an they will agree. Just look at their games LBJ23 all about RUNNING FASTER and JUMPING HIGHER than anyone else. KB24 is a KILLER inside and out HE can KILL U, 1.shooting 2.passing 3. Scoring4. Goin to the hole. So how U WANT IT????

LOVE BRON! BRON! And I hope he gets 1 or 2 Rings!!

You can argue he's not the best, but come on man, it's close. :eyebrow:

bolts4ever
07-21-2009, 06:16 AM
You can argue he's not the best, but come on man, it's close. :eyebrow:

LEBRON is one of the best!! BUT IF YOU REALLY KNOW THE GAME U REALIZE KOBE SKILLS ARE UNMATCHED AND ITS NOT CLOSE!!! Just compare their jump shoots alone!!! I'm not doubting LBJ23 potential but to this point he is all JUMPS!! And DUNKS!!! And he is great at that. But in the end HIS PUPPETS AT HOME!!

BUT here's 1THING I KNOW ABOUT SPORTS. UDONT MEASURE GREAT PLAYERS BY STATS AND HIGHLIGHTS!!! 1.) ITS BY CHAMPIONSHIPS 2.) Impact on the game 3.) Stats

PBG
07-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Every championship team had a star player

so who was the star player for the 04 pistons?

azkarraga
07-21-2009, 06:49 AM
he'll have his ring(s). just enjoy the ride

azkarraga
07-21-2009, 06:50 AM
so who was the star player for the 04 pistons?

kobe?

PBG
07-21-2009, 07:20 AM
kobe?

:laugh:

BkOriginalOne
07-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Lebron is on the path to be in the class of Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, Bill Russel.
AKA he'll probably win more than 1.
If not, he'll certainly go down as the best athlete in any major sport to not win a title of some kind.
If a team is built around him that can win (a team with a better offense might help - NY - Cause Mike Brown doesn't know what to do in late games expect give to Lebron and let him attack) then he should win at least 3.

JayW_1023
07-21-2009, 08:12 AM
MJ won his first title at age 27? 28? LeBrons window is still very much open...but for that to happen he needs to improve his long range shooting and fundamentals to compensate for his freakishly athleticism that'll decline as he gets older. Right now he is just physically dominant...and in combination with his ability to read the game like a point guard makes him prolly the most dominant player in the league.

I just don't think it's going to happen this year. I'm not a big fan of trading for Shaq. I just don't think he fits on the Cavaliers. It'll disrupt the solid chemistry of last season significantly. Adding a 7'1, 360 pound behemoth to a well integrated game plan is a tough task for a largely unproven coach like Brown, who in my opinion relies far too much on his own staff.

I just think this team will not be as good as last season. There is just too much uncertainty and too much inbalance on this team. And a 39 year old Shaq just isn't the answer anymore. This team is in grave danger of going totally out of sync.

Also this team needs to become more serious. Pop would never allow the silly sideline antics (and in the lockerroom) to take place. He would put people in their place regardless of their status. With Shaq on board, those goofs are likely to get worse. And when you are playing in a professional basketball league, the least you can do is act like adults.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-21-2009, 08:17 AM
the simple truth not every great player wins a title...so whats to come for "king' james...lets take a look back at the greats without a title...karl malone, john stockton, charles barkley, elgin baylor, pistol pete, george gervin, patrick ewing, dominique wilkins, reggie miller.....so my question is will lebron ever get his illusive title?

Seriously i said the same thing,so dont be surprised if he dosen't even get one.Of course he's a good plyr but ESPN hypes him ...

FNM BOY
07-21-2009, 08:28 AM
If he wasnt great there would not be a thread about him almost everyday...He will win at least 3 rings when it is all said and done!

ink
07-21-2009, 11:42 AM
MJ won his first title at age 27? 28? LeBrons window is still very much open...but for that to happen he needs to improve his long range shooting and fundamentals to compensate for his freakishly athleticism that'll decline as he gets older. Right now he is just physically dominant...and in combination with his ability to read the game like a point guard makes him prolly the most dominant player in the league.

I just don't think it's going to happen this year. I'm not a big fan of trading for Shaq. I just don't think he fits on the Cavaliers. It'll disrupt the solid chemistry of last season significantly. Adding a 7'1, 360 pound behemoth to a well integrated game plan is a tough task for a largely unproven coach like Brown, who in my opinion relies far too much on his own staff.

I just think this team will not be as good as last season. There is just too much uncertainty and too much inbalance on this team. And a 39 year old Shaq just isn't the answer anymore. This team is in grave danger of going totally out of sync.

Also this team needs to become more serious. Pop would never allow the silly sideline antics (and in the lockerroom) to take place. He would put people in their place regardless of their status. With Shaq on board, those goofs are likely to get worse. And when you are playing in a professional basketball league, the least you can do is act like adults.

Totally agree about Shaq and the sideline antics. We know Shaq tends to be a goof so if he stays true to character, the move to get him will likely blow up in Cavs' management's faces. That's what I expected when the acquisition was announced.

Whatever team he wins them with, Lebron is bound to win a few rings. He has too much talent to go a full career without winning a championship.

Ace33Bone
07-21-2009, 11:56 AM
This is the kind of post that will get this thread shut down.

If people don't have anything intelligent to say on the subject, please stay out of the thread.

We will not tolerate hating on NBA players in this forum.

I agree with you fully since when has LBJ become Ben Laden. I mean he has more haters than anyone that I know of but you know what they say the better you become the more people have to hate so keep em coming and to answer the thread he will definitely win a title no questions asked... just not this year

asandhu23
07-21-2009, 02:26 PM
I agree with you fully since when has LBJ become Ben Laden. I mean he has more haters than anyone that I know of but you know what they say the better you become the more people have to hate so keep em coming and to answer the thread he will definitely win a title no questions asked... just not this year

LOL? you mean he has more haters than fidel castro? kim jong il? hitler? xerxes?

Vidball
07-21-2009, 02:36 PM
No NBA player has ever had more haters than Kobe Bean Bryant

D-Will4Prez
07-21-2009, 04:49 PM
no hating please. LeBron > Kobe.

ARMIN12NBA
07-21-2009, 05:01 PM

Nobody knows for sure. So much goes into attaining a title each and every year. We can only guess for the upcoming season because so many different things can happen in the future that could possibly make Lebron winning a title a great possibility or not a possibility at all. For example, the Cavs may not attain another FA and they would have to start from scratch with Lebron...Or Lebron leaves and has to start from scratch there.

Now, since we can only see the near future, which is this upcoming season, I am going to say he is not going to win a title this year. Personally, I think the Lakers, Celtics, and Magic are ahead of the Cavs at this point in time.

ARMIN12NBA
07-21-2009, 05:03 PM

You don't know many people, do you?

FlakeyFool
07-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Pretty sure Tom Watson is a better "athlete" then Lebron James

ink
07-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Guys, the thread is getting dumber ...

Countdown to close ... 10 ... 9 ...

lol.

There's no point in keeping these threads open if people are going to post junk. What you're doing is giving us the signal that you don't really take this topic seriously, so that confirms the approach that Lebron threads (just like Kobe threads before) should just get shut down.

It's in your hands.

----

Back on topic ... will Lebron win championships in his career? And if so, how many?

ARMIN12NBA
07-21-2009, 05:21 PM
^ Here you go Ink:

Nobody knows for sure. So much goes into attaining a title each and every year. We can only guess for the upcoming season because so many different things can happen in the future that could possibly make Lebron winning a title a great possibility or not a possibility at all. For example, the Cavs may not attain another FA and they would have to start from scratch with Lebron...Or Lebron leaves and has to start from scratch there.

Now, since we can only see the near future, which is this upcoming season, I am going to say he is not going to win a title this year. Personally, I think the Lakers, Celtics, and Magic are ahead of the Cavs at this point in time.

dwadefan03
07-21-2009, 05:30 PM
he has a some already:

Dunked by College Kid
Sore Loser
Mr. Ego

ok im all for poking fun at lebron but cmon this is just ridiculous.

1.dunked by college kid-every single person in the nba thats the least bit meaningful on defense has been dunked on.its really not a big deal

2.sore loser- yeah he didnt shake someones hand after a gme and all of a sudden he became a sore loser. you have to understand that this guy was practically guarentted a championship...and he lost. thats a big thing just hold in you especially in the nba. so what he didnt stick around to be hoarded by the media i wouldnt want to answer to them either esecially if i was the only one that did anything during that series.

3. mr ego. i dont even kno where that came from. before the playoffs everyone looked up to him like a god and now just because a few things didnt go his way hes all of a sudden commited cardinal sin for every action that he takes.i mean look at kobe..... that dude freaking raped a chick and everyones all over his dick. all lebro di was take a tape of someone dunking on him. i mean if you were a superstar wouldnt you want to save face. Be honest

ARMIN12NBA
07-21-2009, 05:34 PM
1.dunked by college kid-every single person in the nba thats the least bit meaningful on defense has been dunked on.its really not a big deal

Exactly. It is NOT a big deal. Nobody cares that he got dunked on...They cared that he cares so much about his image that he is willing to steal somebody else's camera and destroy the footage.

i mean look at kobe..... that dude freaking raped a chick and everyones all over his dick.

No he didn't. Kobe did not rape a chick. Fact.

all lebro di was take a tape of someone dunking on him. i mean if you were a superstar wouldnt you want to save face. Be honest

Honestly, I wouldn't give a damn because I would have enough self confidence in my self to know that I am in the NBA and that I am one of the greatest in the world...Let the kid enjoy himself and have his 15 minutes...And don't steal someone else's video.

Bashna
07-21-2009, 05:39 PM
This thread contains 3 things...

1: Kobe homers stating Lebron isn't the best, won't win a championship, and random idiotic statements with no basis...I dont remember what forum its from but i once saw a signature that read "In the war against Ignorance, and statements with no logical basis, there is no rest." So seriously, stop with the stupid garbage comments.

2: Some factual evidence he could and probably will win a championship. We all know he's never been given a decent supporting cast, mo williams a very overrated player since going to the cavs isn't enough...Will shaq be enough? My guess is no, but hey, it was done with wade, and there isn't many arguements supporting wade being better against LBj, so who knows...Granted The mavs weren't as good as the Magic/lakers/celtics/spurs will be this year, but still.

3: and finally, Reasoning! Everyone knows LBJ is going to be great. Is he better than kobe? Theres arguements for both, its purely speculation until their both retired so lets please leave it at that (It won't happen but i feel i must ask) Can we just drop it? Lbj will more than likely leave the cavs after this season if they dont win, and i'm SURE wherever he goes, he will be going to meet-up with an exceptional 2nd option, and great coaching staff/management. Personally, i think he should go somewhere that can throw money around like its nothing, a place that cares more about grabbing a ring, than saving money will ultimately better his chances because their management is more likely to sign FA's and get a great 2nd option for LBJ, but thats just me.

In conclusion, will LBJ get a title? It would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G If he didn't, i'd be VERY suprised to say the least. Will he get it this year? Probably not, but maybe. How many? My guess is 4, 5if he wins one this year. how many could he POTENTIALLY have? Well, the lakers are always going to be contenders, kobe will be in the league 6-8 more years maybe more, Tim duncan and the spurs always throw something together, the thunder are looking like good prospects for the future, wade, rode, paul, howard, williams, Amare, bosh, etc etc etc etc etc etc all amazing players have potential to win titles. Back to my previous question, how many poential titles? 8, but that might be pushing it.

ink
07-21-2009, 05:40 PM
ok im all for poking fun at lebron but cmon this is just ridiculous.

Exactly. It is NOT a big deal. Nobody cares that he got dunked on...

Please stay on topic.

I know you're responding to other posts, but THEY were already off topic.

Bashna
07-21-2009, 05:42 PM
No he didn't. Kobe did not rape a chick. Fact.

Not fact. You don't know what could've happend behind the scenes, Courts let un-innocent people go everyday. So did he rape her? only kobe the women, and maybe a few others know the ABSOLUTE truth. So its pointless to speculate on it.

ko8e24
07-21-2009, 05:43 PM
No NBA player has ever had more haters than Kobe Bean Bryant

true dat

Wiz kids
07-21-2009, 05:44 PM
WE ARE ALL WITNESSES TO a whiner.

ko8e24
07-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Pretty sure Tom Watson is a better "athlete" then Lebron James

:laugh:

ARMIN12NBA
07-21-2009, 05:48 PM
how many poential titles? 8, but that might be pushing it.

He is turning 25 this season. Assuming his prime ends, realistically, at age 33-34, then how is he supposed to get 8 titles? He would have to win 8 of the next 9 titles to do so...Sure, he can win titles as a Payton on Miami in 2006, but I am pretty sure the question is asking as a top 2-3 player on the squad.

Like I said, there is NO way of telling how his future team will look like (roster-wise)...His future team might not even be his current team! The ONLY way to answer this question for Lebron (so many expiring contracts for the Cavs and the fact he may be able to go to another squad) is looking at this upcoming season...Otherwise, it is just a guessing game with no evidence to support any sort of logic (or illogical) statements.

ARMIN12NBA
07-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Not fact. You don't know what could've happend behind the scenes, Courts let un-innocent people go everyday. So did he rape her? only kobe the women, and maybe a few others know the ABSOLUTE truth. So its pointless to speculate on it.

I do know the absolute truth. The reason why the trial was thrown away was because of the HUGE amounts of evidence against her.

I mean, she straight up txted her ex boyfriend about how she had sex with Kobe and wanted to screw him over. She also went to a party and bragged about screwing Kobe and the size of his dick.

:laugh: That sure sounds like somebody who got raped. :rolleyes:

8kobe24
07-21-2009, 06:39 PM
I predict that lebron will win his first title when he is 30.... that's when after Kobe is retired.

Kyle N.
07-21-2009, 06:40 PM
LEBRON is one of the best!! BUT IF YOU REALLY KNOW THE GAME U REALIZE KOBE SKILLS ARE UNMATCHED AND ITS NOT CLOSE!!! Just compare their jump shoots alone!!! I'm not doubting LBJ23 potential but to this point he is all JUMPS!! And DUNKS!!! And he is great at that. But in the end HIS PUPPETS AT HOME!!

BUT here's 1THING I KNOW ABOUT SPORTS. UDONT MEASURE GREAT PLAYERS BY STATS AND HIGHLIGHTS!!! 1.) ITS BY CHAMPIONSHIPS 2.) Impact on the game 3.) Stats

Well ok he hasn't won any championships yet but he's been doing a lot of winning otherwise.

jwn0303
07-21-2009, 06:43 PM
to the guy that responded to my post earlier.. did you actually read what i said.. or did you just skim my post, see that i called LeBron better, and go into your little nerd laker rage?

i actually said I was a kobe fan.. but LeBron is the best going right now

ink
07-21-2009, 06:47 PM
So many completely off topic posts. This topic is hopeless. Closed.