PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Ramon Sessions to NYK?

NBA_Starter
07-20-2009, 07:56 PM
The Knicks' search for a starting point guard may finally be over.

According to a tweet from the Journal Times’ Gery Woelfel, the Knicks are prepared to use their full $5.8 million midlevel exception on restricted free agent Ramon Sessions of the Milwaukee Bucks. An offer could come as soon as Monday or Tuesday.

http://www.nesn.com/2009/07/knicks-expected-to-offer-midlevel-exception-to-bucks-sessions.html

b_rad23
07-20-2009, 07:58 PM
That would be a nice move.

king4day
07-20-2009, 08:01 PM
I LOVE the move for NY, but what makes them think the Bucks won't match that? Midlevel is probably exactly what they want to pay. And if it's a short deal, then all the more so.
This is a good move for NY if he signs, but if it gets matched, then Andre Miller may be off the board already.

Silly as this sounds, the future of the Knicks could be hanging in the balance here.

YANKSJETSKNICKS
07-20-2009, 08:04 PM
I LOVE the move for NY, but what makes them think the Bucks won't match that? Midlevel is probably exactly what they want to pay. And if it's a short deal, then all the more so.
This is a good move for NY if he signs, but if it gets matched, then Andre Miller may be off the board already.

Silly as this sounds, the future of the Knicks could be hanging in the balance here.

i agree and disagree wat i disagree about is why would mil match if its a 3-5 year deal and they just drafted jennings and i agree that this would be a grt move by the nyk

PapelbonLester
07-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Yah that gives them a future PG and PF in hill. Chandler looks like the future 3. Gallinari will be nice off the bench. Just need a SG and C

king4day
07-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Per ESPN Insider:

"Given the financial state of the Bucks franchise and their selection of Brandon Jennings in last month's draft, it's likely that they'd decline to match a sizable offer for Sessions by another team."

I never thought of this. Still I don't like the Bucks letting him go like this, but I since I'm from NY, I'd rather see NY make this happen.

showtym24
07-20-2009, 08:10 PM
I love sessions game. Wish he was a laker.

YANKSJETSKNICKS
07-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Yah that gives them a future PG and PF in hill. Chandler looks like the future 3. Gallinari will be nice off the bench. Just need a SG and C

well if we get sessions it would be sessions chandler gallo harrington(or lee if resigned) and prob curry just to get trade value up with duhon douglas hill darko hughes almond off the bench

king4day
07-20-2009, 08:12 PM
well if we get sessions it would be sessions chandler gallo harrington(or lee if resigned) and prob curry just to get trade value up with duhon douglas hill darko hughes almond off the bench

Agreed. They'd have a better shot to win with Darko starting, but that won't help Curry show what he's got and to get him out of NY.

YANKSJETSKNICKS
07-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Agreed. They'd have a better shot to win with Darko starting, but that won't help Curry show what he's got and to get him out of NY.

i agree but like u said they really want to trade him for obvius reasons

NYKnickFanatic
07-20-2009, 08:21 PM
:cool: Bring him in.

He played for Dan D'Antoni in AAU.

BkOriginalOne
07-20-2009, 08:25 PM
He's going to be in the running for MIP if he goes to play for the Knicks.
In that system, he can get, 16, 10 and 3. But he has to be able to shoot the 3.

BkOriginalOne
07-20-2009, 08:27 PM
He would be in the runing for MIP if he went there.
He would get something like. 16, 11 and 3 in for D'antoni's system.
Sessions has to develop and outside shot though, to be effective.

MiamiHeat
07-20-2009, 08:31 PM
damn this guy had 24 assists, he has a really good chance of getting a lot more if he goes to NY

Kakaroach
07-20-2009, 08:32 PM
It would be a good pick-up for the Knicks but I would imagine that the Bucks match especially since they let Charlie Vill already go to the Pistons.

Iron24th
07-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Good move for NYC but I think the bucks will match.

NYKnickFanatic
07-20-2009, 08:41 PM
It would be a good pick-up for the Knicks but I would imagine that the Bucks match especially since they let Charlie Vill already go to the Pistons.

Brandon Jennings will be their starting PG with Ridnour off the bench.
Also, they dont want to interfere with the 2010 plans, so they wont match.

Sports Illustrator
07-20-2009, 08:42 PM
It would definitely be a very valuable addition to the NY Knicks. I consider him to be a better signing than what Jason Kidd, Grant Hill and Andre Miller would of been. He is young and I believe the Knicks should look into getting as many young players as they can get. Veteran leadership is nice, but signing their MLE on a guy like Ramon Sessions is a much better choice IMO.

Kakaroach
07-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Brandon Jennings will be their starting PG with Ridnour off the bench.
Also, they dont want to interfere with the 2010 plans, so they wont match. Oh yeah I guess your right they would have a lot of PGs'. But I would imagine Ridnour would start and Jennings would come off the bench. Anyway, it would be an excellent signing by the Knicks.

NBA_Starter
07-20-2009, 08:47 PM
I for the life of me can't see the Bucks matching, they kind of have an overcrowded backcourt now.

D2theJ
07-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Don't they still have Duhon? I dont think Sessions is a much better player. Plus if Robinson stays.

YANKSJETSKNICKS
07-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Don't they still have Duhon? I dont think Sessions is a much better player. Plus if Robinson stays.

robinson prob wont stay then and trust me sessions is much better than duhon

OA SLAY
07-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Duhon is nothing more then a bench player. And Nate is not worth the money he will be asking for, he cant run an offense

what54!?
07-20-2009, 09:03 PM
I like sessions. I think he'll thrive under mike D.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
07-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Love this move, and might actually make us a backend playoff team.
Sessions/Duhon/Douglass
Chandler/Hughes/Douglass
Gallo/Harrington
Lee(who i expect back)/Hill
Darko/Curry

Lo Porto
07-20-2009, 09:37 PM
I hope he doesn't go to NY. I think they should hold off for something better.

mrblisterdundee
07-20-2009, 09:40 PM
I've been saying that Portland should take sessions instead of developing Bayless, who they could get good trade value on.

thedfactor
07-20-2009, 09:49 PM
It would not surprise me one bit if the Bucks matched. If they don't the Knicks get a nice point guard.

IversonIsKrazy
07-20-2009, 09:55 PM
This would be great for the Knicks. I think Sessions can become a real star in this league. I can c him avging 16/9/2 with the Knicks. I just think, if Sessions goes to NY, and Andre doesnt re-sign, where will he be headed?

B.JenningsMVP
07-20-2009, 10:20 PM
IMO if he does end up in NY, he'll top 5 in assists

NYtilIdie
07-20-2009, 10:30 PM
This would be a fantastic pick up for the NYK. Sessions can develop into a great leader which is something this team needs badly, he is a pass 1st PG which great, can finish at the rim, great court vision what more could you ask? If he signs and Nate takes the QO expect Duhon to ride the bench.

NIUHuskies
07-20-2009, 10:31 PM
robinson prob wont stay then and trust me sessions is much better than duhon

Duhon is supposed to make 6 million I think next year. If he's better why would Sessions take less?

NYtilIdie
07-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Plus if MIL matches Jennings will come off the bench which will cause problems since hes got a big mouth he was so confidant he has the starting job he said MIL isn't going to resign Sessions now that they got him.

JayW_1023
07-21-2009, 05:31 AM
If Sessions becomes a Knick he'll go from severely underrated to horribly overrated without even playing a single game.

ggb108
07-21-2009, 06:47 AM
hope the knicks get him...much better than duhon, perfect for that system

jdricks
07-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Mil will match any offer less than 4 million. They are trying to get young and under cap. NYK need this especially if they lose Nate and have to start Duhon.

Reddd
07-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Wow, the Bucks losing the third of their core players, alongside Jefferson and Villanueva, the finances must be terrible.
It would be a great pickup for the Knicks, he's solid.

The ChILL
07-21-2009, 10:08 AM
I like how the initial blurb stated that they might have found their answer at PG. Didn't they just sign Duhon last summer to a pretty hefty contract? Donnie Walsh has been able to shed some of those terrible contracts but has yet to put a decent product out on the court. If they miss out on the 2010 FA's it could be some pretty difficult years ahead for the Knicks. Although I guess they are used to it by now...

PennyMy#1
07-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Knicks look a bit desperate to me. No hate, just ... they look a bit headless. I hope for their fans that 2010 won't be bust for them ...

Sessions. I think he would be a great pickup, though I think, they should keep Nate.

nycericanguy
07-21-2009, 11:50 AM
I like how the initial blurb stated that they might have found their answer at PG. Didn't they just sign Duhon last summer to a pretty hefty contract? Donnie Walsh has been able to shed some of those terrible contracts but has yet to put a decent product out on the court. If they miss out on the 2010 FA's it could be some pretty difficult years ahead for the Knicks. Although I guess they are used to it by now...

i wouldnt say it was "hefty", it was a 2 year deal for 12 million. they overpaid some so that he would take a 2 year deal that wouldnt affect their 2010 plan.

J_M_B
07-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Great pickup for the Knicks. I see him going in there and fitting perfectly in that system.

RLundi
07-21-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't know what the Knicks are doing. The situation with Lee and Robinson is a huge mess. And they got Darko?? Darko???? That team is an abomination. They should just pack it in and lose as many games as they can and try to get a good draft pick, coupled with all that money they should have for next summer for free agency and just re-tool then.

nycericanguy
07-21-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't know what the Knicks are doing. The situation with Lee and Robinson is a huge mess. And they got Darko?? Darko???? That team is an abomination. They should just pack it in and lose as many games as they can and try to get a good draft pick, coupled with all that money they should have for next summer for free agency and just re-tool then.

they pretty much got darko for free by trading away Q. why is that a bad deal? and why in the world would they tank this season when they are trying to lure superstars in 2010 and dont even have a draft pick!!!

They do not want Nate back and Lee is just asking for the moon right now, once he and his agent come back down to earth the knicks will sign him as Lee's agent has scared off all teams by demanding so much money. Now there are no teams left with cap space that want Lee so his agent has really F*cked up this situation. Lee has no leverage now.

The ChILL
07-21-2009, 12:44 PM
i wouldnt say it was "hefty", it was a 2 year deal for 12 million. they overpaid some so that he would take a 2 year deal that wouldnt affect their 2010 plan.

Makes sense and I sould have figured as much. The Knicks are set up really well for the 2010 FA class money wise. Whether or not they can grab someone is yet to be seen.