PDA

View Full Version : Status on Marcum/Richmond

nithanyo
07-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Are either of the two going to be ready any time soon. I know we are going with a 4 man rotation right now. But who is going to be our 5th starter. Richmond? or is it going to be Mills

JaysFan87
07-20-2009, 07:19 PM
tallet when needed

H-MYK
07-20-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm surprised that they put Tallet back in the bullpen, I understand that he didn't pitch the greatest but it's still surprising.

nithanyo
07-20-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm surprised that they put Tallet back in the bullpen, I understand that he didn't pitch the greatest but it's still surprising.

Well the bullpen seems to be falling apart. Tallet is a solid pitcher out of the pen and he would give rest to Carlson who seems overused. I think things are indicating that Richmond should be back after or during the Rays series

torontomania
07-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Marcum is scheduled to make his final start at AA tommorrow. Then he will start 2 games with AAA then make his way to toronto's rotation at the start of august.
Richmond is progressing and will be making his rehab start in the next week and a half.
The rotation should look like this:

Halladay
Romero
Marcum
Richmond
Rzepchinski/Cecil

If Halladay is traded expect a lot of youngsters from AAA and AA get a chance to start as the season progresses. There's your update

North Yorker
07-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm wondering why they havent given Fabio Castro a shot?

Habs n Jays Fan
07-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Preferably, I'd rather not see Marcum until at least September, give him some quality time in Vegas to strengthen his surgically repaired elbow and get some endurance instead of him coming back early and getting hurt. Remember, he's not even a year removed from having Tommy John surgery.

ah nuts
07-21-2009, 06:49 AM

his seasonal pitch count is getting to high(compared to last).

CaptainBolduke
07-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Are either of the two going to be ready any time soon. I know we are going with a 4 man rotation right now. But who is going to be our 5th starter. Richmond? or is it going to be Mills

There are plenty of websites that have status updates on injured players.

www.rotoworld.com is one of the best.

Going to websites like that would help the problem of thread flooding.

dman_39
07-21-2009, 11:27 AM
I heard Marcum in August, although I think it's best to keep him shutdown. All these other rushbacks have resulted in setbacks. Mills is not ready, keep him down or even trade him.

H-MYK
07-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Well the bullpen seems to be falling apart. Tallet is a solid pitcher out of the pen and he would give rest to Carlson who seems overused. I think things are indicating that Richmond should be back after or during the Rays series

Carlson hasn't been as good as he was last year.