PDA

View Full Version : Rubio just might sign with Wolves

eric1501
07-20-2009, 06:43 PM
With Kahn going over to Spain today and Telfair getting shipped that must be a good sign. I read a report as well that Rubios camp is buying into what Kahn is saying to them and loving the idea of him getting a ton of minutes.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-20-2009, 06:45 PM
I'd like him to stay but I think he still needs to develop his game.

Jays Claw
07-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Ricky Rubio is very raw and in my opinion needs to develop his game in Spain before coming into the NBA.

abe_froman
07-20-2009, 06:47 PM
With Kahn going over to Spain today and Telfair getting shipped that must be a good sign. I read a report as well that Rubios camp is buying into what Kahn is saying to them and loving the idea of him getting a ton of minutes.

i thought the issue was money to buyout his current contract and not desire to play

rapswin98
07-20-2009, 06:50 PM
No go back to Spain the NBA doesnt need Divas we already have enough. But seriously he should go back to spain for about a year or two to develop his game.

eric1501
07-20-2009, 06:50 PM
i thought the issue was money to buyout his current contract and not desire to play

Its about the $ now. But do you really think that is the issue later? He will have some many endorsment deals that the buyout won't matter. He already said after the draft "Give me minutes and I'll play." Its all about showcasing his talent.

Nighthawk
07-20-2009, 06:59 PM
I want Rubio to play in the NBA and play tons of mins for the Wolves. Im not gunna lie i dont watch Spain basketball so i wanna see the hype. Ive seen youtube clips and and highlights. But i actually wanna see em against the best of the best. Lets see if he has what it takes

Beno7500
07-20-2009, 07:03 PM
i want him in the nba this year

mikantsass
07-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust

ENOUGH WITH RUBIO THREADS

Kakaroach
07-20-2009, 07:25 PM
I wanna see him play this year. Hopefully the T-Wolves can work something out with his Spanish team. It would be a shame if we had to wait like a year or two till he comes over.

zambo4president
07-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Hope he signs.

lakers4sho
07-20-2009, 07:28 PM
I want to see him play so badly.

icon1914
07-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Why is everyone saying he needs to develop his game? Maybe he is raw, but no more so than Jrue, DeRozan, Mullens, etc... Let him develop it here, in the NBA. Let's see what this kid has. Its not like the Wolves are going to the playoffs this year.

cowboyz180
07-20-2009, 07:46 PM
he is still to raw....

B.JenningsMVP
07-20-2009, 07:52 PM
i want him in the nba this year

x2

OldSchoolViking
07-20-2009, 07:59 PM
i agree with Icon1914...Develop his game? He's been developing his game against MEN since he was 14 years old...not college or high-school kids like his draft class! He needs to develop his game with the best and that means the NBA this year.

Some things to keep in mind:

Rubio is regarded by some as the best European guard prospect ever.[Wolff, Alexander (2008-08-16). "Hard to compare this 17-year-old". Sports Illustrated.]

Rubio has been compared by some to Pete Maravich.["The Next Pistol Pete". NBADraft.net. Retrieved on 2006-08-14.]

Says former NBA guard Pepe Sánchez, who at the time played at the point guard position for Spanish ACB League rivals Unicaja Málaga:
“ I think he's a freak of nature, being so young and being so skilled and also so cool all the time. You can see that he knows what he's doing. He's not playing out there with pros based only on his talents. He knows the game and he can only improve. I think he'll be a great player. It all depends on him, but I personally think he's going to be great. ”
—Pepe Sánchez

As a Timberwolves fan since 1989, i for one am fine with what Kahn is doing and happy that we will be able to see a Flynn/Rubio/Jefferson/Love Dynasty!

smith&wesson
07-20-2009, 08:10 PM
umm if you draft the kid that high in the first round you might as well get him this year and let him play. you draft him at 4 you must think he is good and ready ... other wise you wasted your pick.
what if he gets a career ending injury playing in spain next year ?? hmmm

WSU Tony
07-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Rubio.... Flynn.... Love.... Jefferson.... Brewer..... 25M cap space off the books in 1 year, and 3 first round picks in the 2010 draft.

The Wolves are in great shape.

bogdanrom
07-20-2009, 09:51 PM
I read somewhere that the reason he going to play for the Timberwolves was because he was drafted 5th and his salary couldn't make it so he could pay his $6.6 million buyout. That the reason he said he would only go to a top 3 pick team.

I hope he gets an chance to prove that he can or can't play in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
07-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Rubio.... Flynn.... Love.... Jefferson.... Brewer..... 25M cap space off the books in 1 year, and 3 first round picks in the 2010 draft.

The Wolves are in great shape.

loving it. Finally, the Wolves at least have a chance to be relevant again.

Sports Illustrator
07-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Having Flynn and Rubio, the T-wolves had no need of Sebastian Telfair any longer. Not only was it a good financial move for them, but they also add Q-Rich who is a great 3 point shooter, a decent defender, decent rebounder and a good low post scorer when playing at the Shooting Guard position.

It wasn't a bad move for the Clippers either though. I really like the idea of Sebastian Telfair playing backup Point Guard to Baron Davis. In case if Baron Davis gets injured, you have Sebastian Telfair to the rescue.

Hellcrooner
07-20-2009, 10:40 PM
i wonder if ir could work having fklynn and rubio oth on the court, flynn can make a iverson like sg on the offensive end and in defense you put rubio on others team sg,....

eric1501
07-20-2009, 10:56 PM
i wonder if ir could work having fklynn and rubio oth on the court, flynn can make a iverson like sg on the offensive end and in defense you put rubio on others team sg,....

Read my sig.

eric1501
07-20-2009, 11:07 PM
If Rubio signs I am paying at least $100 bucks for opening night. Thats a huge difference considering every single game the past 3 years I have paid $5 or got in free and sat 5 rows above the visiting bench.

blah-blah
07-20-2009, 11:12 PM
flynn and rubio wont work out

BkOriginalOne
07-20-2009, 11:20 PM
I don't see how you can be a successful point guard in the NBA if you can't shoot, defend, and aren't athletic.

Hellcrooner
07-20-2009, 11:52 PM
1 shoot can be learned

2 muscles can be get in the gym go watch any rookie pau picture

3 he is a VERY GOOD defender.

natura Iq, inteigene, court vision ; reading of the game that cant be teached.

WSU Tony
07-20-2009, 11:55 PM
flynn and rubio wont work out

Flynn was commended for guarding the 6'5 Evans pre-draft. He's a very good defender. Rubio was commented on by Wade saying he had the "fastest hands he'd ever seen." Rubio guards the SG, Flynn guards the quick PG's.

How doesn't that work out?

I don't see how you can be a successful point guard in the NBA if you can't shoot, defend, and aren't athletic.

I think you're confused.

asandhu23
07-21-2009, 12:25 AM
x2

hey bud... kevin durant comes nowhere in your sig?

bogdanrom
07-21-2009, 01:02 AM

When you're 6'4, with long hands, a ball-hawk, and you have dribbling and passing skills comparable to Pistol Pete. Oh also when you're only 18, and been a pro already for 4 years.

static_inferno
07-21-2009, 01:25 AM
i think Oklahoma City should have drafted Rubio. i like Westbrook, but he's more of a 2 guard and he commits a lot of turnovers at the 1. if they had drafted Rubio i think he would have played and OKC would have a decent, young team. but nevertheless he's on Minnesota and i hope he plays this year because i wanna see what all the hype is about.

JayW_1023
07-21-2009, 05:25 AM
I find it funny to pronounce Ricky Rubio's name with a french accent.

Le Riecke Rúbio....

dee279
07-21-2009, 05:45 AM
Ricky Rubio is very raw and in my opinion needs to develop his game in Spain before coming into the NBA.

Since he will get alot of minutes in the NBA, y he cant just develop his game in the NBA? He been developing in Spain for a long time now. He needs to learn the NBA game now.

azkarraga
07-21-2009, 06:48 AM
i dont get it. two weeks ago lots of people were complaining because RR was staying in Spain. Now they're complaining because he might be coming...

I hope it's true and he plays on the NBA this year. Wanna see him against top PG's day in day out

jdricks
07-21-2009, 07:14 AM
His jumper needs to become consistent and be able to score the ball. He is a J Kiddd type player

JayW_1023
07-21-2009, 08:02 AM
He seems to be smart enough to not take shots he can't make. Just because you don't have a consistent jumper doesn't mean you can't be an efficient offensive player. Look at LeBron James.

I think Rubio's high hoops-IQ will also give him advantages over other young point guards. Sure guys like Jennings can jump and are more explosive. But what Rubio lacks in athletic prowess he gains with a good basketball mind.

Still, it wouldn't be too bad for him to stay in Europe one more year to round out his game.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-21-2009, 09:00 AM
since he will get alot of minutes in the nba, y he cant just develop his game in the nba? He been developing in spain for a long time now. He needs to learn the nba game now.

exactly lol i mean he's playing for the t wolves....

tbone2171
07-21-2009, 11:47 AM

Hey, don't rip on the T-wolves. We gave you a championship.

Hawkeye15
07-21-2009, 12:00 PM

2 years ago that could have been said about Boston, until you were given gifts. Remember how you all call Ainge a genius in a few years when youre roster age is older than dirt, and you again are winning 21 games.

Hawkeye15
07-21-2009, 12:07 PM
He will be given 30+ mpg right off the bat to develop. The Wolves, and Rubio, could use each other now. The Wolves are not relevant in free agency as currently constructed. If Rubio comes over, it does 2 things. It puts a lot more fans in the stands, and gives us a ball distributor who can create easy shots. Those are 2 things that will help lure free agents with the $24 million they have coming off the books next summer, assuming they don't use that in trades this offseason/season.
As far as Rubio for a prospect, he has played pro ball for 4 seasons. He has stood up to CP3, Deron, and Kidd in the Olympics. He has passing gifts not seen at his age. Is he skinny, with a suspect shot? Sure. Rondo is the worst shooter I have ever seen, yet there are about 30 threads on how awesome he is. Rubio may or may not be a star, but he is NBA ready now, and needs to get his butt over here and start growing with his new team.

Wilson
07-21-2009, 12:13 PM
I hope he does sign. I'm not a Wolves fan, but another great young PG is never a bad thing for the league...

ChiSox219
07-21-2009, 12:22 PM
I hope it works out as well. Watched most of Spain's games in 08 and was really impressed. I thought he was the closest thing to a can't miss prospect in this draft, surprised he didn't go until 4th. The Thunder could've been on a great path with Rubio/Durant.

jim51990
07-21-2009, 12:24 PM
its best for him to come to the nba now so he can develop in the mold of an nba player
even if he struggles at first its worth it