PDA

View Full Version : speculation ... Boozer traded to Heat

PC
07-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Jazz, Heat have agreed to trade, Boozer says
Two-time NBA All-Star Carlos Boozer said he and the Utah Jazz have ``mutually agreed'' to a trade, and it would be ``a beautiful thing'' if he could wind up reunited with Olympic teammate Dwyane Wade on the Heat.

Boozer, who owns a waterfront house in Miami and has spent the past five off-seasons here, runs a summer basketball camp at Gulliver Prep Academy in Kendall and said he considers Miami home.

``My wife [CeCe] and I first came here for tax reasons, and fell in love with it,'' Boozer said Monday. ``Love the palm trees, the laid-back attitude, the sun, quality of life. It's like paradise here, and I would love to be part of the Heat. They're a very good team, and I'm real close to some of the guys. Dwyane and I started to get close at the Athens Olympics in 2004, and I'd love to play on his team. Plus, I already live here. I'm just waiting to see what happens.''

Boozer, 27, said he and the Jazz have ``mutually agreed'' to a trade, and it's just a matter of finding the right fit and making it happen.'' He said there is no timetable, and the first thing he does every morning is check his cell phone to see if there are any messages about his next destination.

The Heat, in the market for another forward, have shown interest in Boozer and in Los Angeles free agent Lamar Odom, another friend of Wade's who used to play for the Heat. Odom's price tag has been reported at $34 million over five years. Boozer has one year left on his Jazz contract, and was due to be paid $12.7 million next season. Utah is looking to dump his salary to match Portland's $32 million offer sheet for Paul Millsap.

The Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons and New York Knicks have also been mentioned as possible suitors for Boozer. He said he is ``excited'' to begin the next chapter of his career, no matter where it may be, but Miami is his No. 1 choice.

There are so many reasons I feel at home here, and I would love to be part of the Heat organization,'' he said. One reason near to his heart is that in 2007, doctors at Miami Children's Hospital performed a successful bone marrow transplant on his then 14-month-old son, Carmani, to cure him of sickle cell anemia. Carmani, now 3, is healthy and happy, along with twin 2-year-old siblings Cameron and Cayden. Half of the proceeds from Boozer's camp are donated to families of children with sickle cell anemia.
Source (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/1149794.html)

I think this officially takes Wade out of the 2010 picture

Trouble87
07-20-2009, 04:02 PM
:speechless: didn't see it happening

Hustla23
07-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Wow, the East just keeps getting better :(

It's alright. I never expected Wade to leave at all, with or without Boozer.

Trouble87
07-20-2009, 04:04 PM
]Wow, the East just keeps getting better[/B] :(

I pray that Danilo & Wilson can step up their games this upcoming season

PC
07-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Wow, the East just keeps getting better :(

I'm not going to lie, I was getting some hope after Wade declined the contract extension

6deep
07-20-2009, 04:08 PM
That article says nothing official. Just speculation. The Jazz & Boozer have agreed that he should be traded. That's it. If he ends up in Miami, Good luck to him, but he said the same stuff last week in Chicago.

6deep
07-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Bogus

Degree Absolute
07-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Misleading headline. Waste of time.

picklechipz
07-20-2009, 04:50 PM
That article says nothing official. Just speculation. The Jazz & Boozer have agreed that he should be traded. That's it. If he ends up in Miami, Good luck to him, but he said the same stuff last week in Chicago.

Word. Was just thinking the same thing. Did Alan Hahn write this? :rolleyes:

ElishaJ1030
07-20-2009, 04:54 PM
TMAC AND KOBE traded to NY...come on with these bogus trades....

KnicksFan4Years
07-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Mods, please kill this thread or change the title.

KniCKs FaN4liFe
07-20-2009, 05:02 PM
it looks more n more like walshs 2010 plan keeps on coming back to bite us in the azz

robdesign13
07-20-2009, 05:23 PM
word. Was just thinking the same thing. Did alan hahn write this? :rolleyes:

lol!

Missing56&33
07-20-2009, 05:33 PM
I think this is speculation...the last I heard the Jazz wanted to keep booz and get him to do some crazy mess like getting two wives to boost ticket sales... I havent heard anything offical about this.