PDA

View Full Version : The Clip Joint

USMCLaker
07-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Just curious on what other people think about predictions on how the Clippers will do this coming season.

I've got a chance to see Blake Griffin play in a few of the summer league games and the kid is pretty good.

Also, any dark horse team predictions for this season.

S-Dot
07-20-2009, 11:44 AM
With b-diddy's questionable health and dunleavy as coach AND GM...10th in the west. Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin will do well though.

USMCLaker
07-20-2009, 11:47 AM
With b-diddy's questionable health and dunleavy as coach AND GM...10th in the west. Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin will do well though.

True. Griffin has been fun to watch in the summer league games can't wait to see what he's got in the regular season.

what54!?
07-20-2009, 11:48 AM
they still won't make the playoffs

S-Dot
07-20-2009, 11:49 AM
True. Griffin has been fun to watch in the summer league games can't wait to see what he's got in the regular season.

the only thing i worry about with him is that he's so aggressive, which is great, but i see an injury coming because of it.

USMCLaker
07-20-2009, 11:51 AM
they still won't make the playoffs

Any predictions on a team that didn't make the playoffs last season that might make it this season?

Ethix11
07-20-2009, 11:52 AM
I dont think they make the playoffs. Griffen will make a serious run at ROY.

what54!?
07-20-2009, 11:52 AM
In the west I could see the warriors or thunder making it maybe. In the easr the wizards or bobcats

USMCLaker
07-20-2009, 11:53 AM
the only thing i worry about with him is that he's so aggressive, which is great, but i see an injury coming because of it.

Yah, but he probably wont be quite as aggressive when he has to share the rock with BD and the rest of the starters.

USMCLaker
07-20-2009, 11:56 AM
In the west I could see the warriors or thunder making it maybe. In the east the wizards or bobcats

I would like to see the Warriors have a break out year

I don't think they make the playoffs. Griffin will make a serious run at ROY.

Yea, I think he is the real deal.

akesh99
07-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Toronto and Washington in the East (likely), Golden State and Phoenix in the West (not so likely).

S-Dot
07-20-2009, 11:58 AM
In the west I could see the warriors or thunder making it maybe. In the easr the wizards or bobcats

I know this sounds simple but if the warriors could just WIN games, they will be fun to watch.

JOSKOMANG4
07-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Any predictions on a team that didn't make the playoffs last season that might make it this season?

Clippers.. I agree they'll be a top 10 in the Western Conference... will be a playoff pusher.. but not a playoff team.

A team that didnt make the playoffs in the western conference this season that will do it next season...

THE GRIZZLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't ask me why.. but I loved their draft and I believe the acquisition of Zach Randolph was big.. I believe him and Mark Gasol may be one of the best young frontcourts in the NBA this season.

Projected.. I have them as the 8th seed.... I do believe that they need to make one more deal.... Maybe Andre miller to start at PG to help out the youngsters???

what54!?
07-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Clippers.. I agree they'll be a top 10 in the Western Conference... will be a playoff pusher.. but not a playoff team.

A team that didnt make the playoffs in the western conference this season that will do it next season...

THE GRIZZLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't ask me why.. but I loved their draft and I believe the acquisition of Zach Randolph was big.. I believe him and Mark Gasol may be one of the best young frontcourts in the NBA this season.

Projected.. I have them as the 8th seed.... I do believe that they need to make one more deal.... Maybe Andre miller to start at PG to help out the youngsters???
randolph is a cancer. He help no team he goes to, they won't make the playoffs

JOSKOMANG4
07-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Also.. If the Thunder offers a deal up to David Lee and hopefully gets him away from the New York Knicks.. the THunder might also be a sleeper this season.

C) Collison
PF) Lee
SF) j. Green
SG) durant
PG) Westbrook

6th man) James Harden

another young team on the rise!!!

JRisdabest
07-20-2009, 12:07 PM
clippers have a good shot @ the 8th seed.as long as baron plays like he did with golden state..gordon n thorton are studs and griffen was MVP of the summer league.

Cavsalltheway
07-20-2009, 12:08 PM

I agree with this .... I think the grizzlies will make the 8th seed in the west . GO GRIZZLIES !!!!!!!!!!!

Kakaroach
07-20-2009, 12:11 PM
No I don't think the Clips make the playoffs this season. Granted, they will be a lot better and Gordon and Griffin will be great, but with a lot of health problems and a weak bench, they will finish 10 or 11 in the West.

ctitus45
07-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Also.. If the Thunder offers a deal up to David Lee and hopefully gets him away from the New York Knicks.. the THunder might also be a sleeper this season.

C) Collison
PF) Lee
SF) j. Green
SG) durant
PG) Westbrook

6th man) James Harden

another young team on the rise!!!

No way does KD start at the 2 guard. Durant playing 2 is what got PJ Carlisemo fired, as soon as he moved to SF his career really took off...Jeff Green will be the 6th man.

what54!?
07-20-2009, 12:24 PM
I don't think the thunder should go after lee. Save their money for next year. Besides, he plays no D

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Warriors, we got depth:

Ellis/Curry/Law IV/...Claxton
Morrow/Azubuike/Belinelli
Jackson/Maggette
Randolph/Wright/...Davidson
Biedrins/Turiaf

Hopefully we can add a PF with the mid level exception, I'd love Leon Powe cuz he's exactly the player we need and from the Bay Area

slaker619
07-20-2009, 12:46 PM
They Can Go Far If They Can Get Some Better Bench Players

S-Dot
07-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Warriors, we got depth:

Ellis/Curry/Law IV/...Claxton
Morrow/Azubuike/Belinelli
Jackson/Maggette
Randolph/Wright/...Davidson
Biedrins/Turiaf

Hopefully we can add a PF with the mid level exception, I'd love Leon Powe cuz he's exactly the player we need and from the Bay Area

Yeah I have you guys ahead of the grizzlies. GSW, UTAH, Pho, and MEM will fight for the final two spots in the west.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Yeah I have you guys ahead of the grizzlies. GSW, UTAH, Pho, and MEM will fight for the final two spots in the west.

I see LA, Denver, San Antonio, Portland, Dallas, New Orleans as playoff teams...

Houston is in if they get a big year from T-Mac which is unlikely because he's so injury prone..makes them very vulnerable...with yao out and ron gone, who else is going to score on that team??

Utah is in if they keep Boozer and he stays healthy, but if hurt or traded for low value..they are very vulnerable

that leaves Phoenix (if they keeep amare) & Golden State as the two other playoff hopefuls.

Oklahoma City and LA Clips should be much improved but not to playoff contention level yet.

yanksknicksgmen
07-20-2009, 02:03 PM
warriors and wizards and raptors will be the teams who missed the playoffs last year and make it this year in my opinion

B.JenningsMVP
07-20-2009, 02:10 PM
A lot of potenial on the Clips if you think of it, Gordon, Thorton, Griffin,and if DeAndre Jordan eventually pans out to his potenial, woooooooooooo. Great potenial on a team, kinda like the Clipper team w/ Miles, Q.Rich, LO, Brand, & Michael O. Hope it doesnt end up like that Clipper team tho! haha