PDA

View Full Version : Summer League Situation

SpeeMN
07-20-2009, 10:53 AM
The NBA Vegas Summer League is a great tournament in the offseason. It gives us NBA fans some basketball to watch, and even better its our teams' young players. We can watch and evaluate.
You can watch it all online for a fee, which not many people did.

Here's a link explaining some things:

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2009/summer_league_wrap_up.html

In my opinion they should expand it to all 30 teams, and make it into a tournament of sorts. I don't think it'd hurt if team were playing up to 10 games, its not like its the star players playing. It should be nationally televised on NBA tv or something. I'm guessing myself and a whole lot of other people would watch it like they watch march madness.

Thoughts??

masalex1205
07-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Im suprised it's not on NBATV. What the heck else are they going to be showing instead of these games?

S-Dot
07-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Im suprised it's not on NBATV. What the heck else are they going to be showing instead of these games?

Relive the finals....over....and over....and over...and over

BTownTeamsRKing
07-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Id rather watch 10 hours straight of summer league Bball than watch womens softball, celebrity softball game replays, tom watson, tennis, nascar, golf in general, or any other "sport" espn shows for way too long.

we need basketball and football back SOON!

S-Dot
07-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Id rather watch 10 hours straight of summer league Bball than watch womens softball, celebrity softball game replays, tom watson, tennis, nascar, golf in general, or any other "sport" espn shows for way too long.

Yeah between NBA TV and ESPNU even though theyre mainly known for college sports, they need to show coverage

clutchski
07-20-2009, 12:20 PM
I think one of the reasons is that they don't want to make it overly competitive. They want to showcase some players that are pretty unknown in the NBA so far (or not in it at all) and if it were tournament style things would get a little too competitive, so we would be getting Kevin Durant playing for OKC alongside westbrook and harden etc.

Kakaroach
07-20-2009, 12:27 PM
I know I would watch the summer league games if they put em on local television or had like showcases on ESPN. It is kinda sad, especially after the summer league there will be like no basketball till the pre-season.

daleja424
07-20-2009, 12:30 PM
It could be 30 teams if everyone wanted to join. You have to pay to have a team though...so some teams opt out of it...

Hustla23
07-20-2009, 12:31 PM

I love how you just inserted Tom Watson into your list of irrelevant things :laugh:

SO MEAN

Kakaroach
07-20-2009, 12:49 PM
It could be 30 teams if everyone wanted to join. You have to pay to have a team though...so some teams opt out of it... Yeah, and you can have 2 NBA teams share 1 Summer League team like the Nets and 76ers.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-20-2009, 02:41 PM
I love how you just inserted Tom Watson into your list of irrelevant things :laugh:

SO MEAN

im not kidding, i watch espnnews at certain times just to see some sick summer league dunk (which espn has decided shall be the blake griffin only show) or crossover that espn gives all of 5 seconds for and then returns to brett favre 24/7 tracking coverage.

NFL and NBA need to return to the news NOWWWW

baseball isnt enough.

i got sick of hearing watsons name all of sunday. bad enough there is nothing to do on sundays and my ps3 is down, but do i have to hear about this guy all the time?

Nets fan 93
07-20-2009, 02:43 PM
im not kidding, i watch espnnews at certain times just to see some sick summer league dunk (which espn has decided shall be the blake griffin only show) or crossover that espn gives all of 5 seconds for and then returns to brett favre 24/7 tracking coverage.

NFL and NBA need to return to the news NOWWWW

baseball isnt enough.

i got sick of hearing watsons name all of sunday. bad enough there is nothing to do on sundays and my ps3 is down, but do i have to hear about this guy all the time?
go outside?

B.JenningsMVP
07-20-2009, 02:51 PM

nfl and nba need to return to the news nowwww

baseball isnt enough.

I got sick of hearing watsons name all of sunday. Bad enough there is nothing to do on sundays and my ps3 is down, but do i have to hear about this guy all the time?

yessssssssssssssss!!!!!

Ovratd1up
07-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Nothing too big should be done with it, as it is just Summer League. I do think they should do something like play it all and then in the end take the two teams with the best SL records and play them for some SL Title, and they get a cheap plaque or something.

This year's would be Memphis against Rockets. Who wins?