PDA

View Full Version : Which team got worse in the off season

itsripcity32
07-19-2009, 07:46 PM
:(

Don't pick the team that you hate unless if it's true

B.JenningsMVP
07-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Rockets obviously because of Yao out & slightly downgrading at the SF spot.

IversonIsKrazy
07-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Bucks obviously. Lose Jefferson for crap. Dont even try to re-sign Charlie-V. And now might lose Ramon Sessions.

vash9
07-19-2009, 08:09 PM
I'd have to agree with the above to. Honestly, the lost of Yao and who knows about McGrady and losing Artest, that's devestating. I doubt Ariza can pull the team up by himself.

And also the Bucks. They lost a solid SF, didn't even attempt to resign CV. 2 Solid All-Star level players gone within 2-3 weeks just like that.

jacquewho?
07-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Bucks - Traded RJ for crap, mainly to free up future cap room. Lost Villanueva and are on the brink of losing Sessions.
Bulls - Lost Ben Gordon.

Rockets as well, but Yao going down wasn't their fault. At least they got a decent replacement to Artest.

slaker619
07-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Buck
&
Timberwolez

Jays Claw
07-19-2009, 08:25 PM
The Milwaukee Bucks.

They lost a borderline all star in Charlie Villanueva and a solid player in Richard Jefferson.

xwashableclothx
07-19-2009, 08:27 PM
the Rockets will drop the most as far as wins, 53 last year, they will be lucky if they get a .500 record

the Bucks really didn't get much worse(Redd/Bogut were injured), they won 34 last season even if they lose Sessions they still can get 30-40 wins, basically its replaceing Jefferson/Charlie with hopefully a healthy Redd and Bogut

jerz89
07-19-2009, 08:38 PM
i know they weren't that good to begin with but the pacers jj to the raptors(they won't match the offer sheet) and Marquis Daniels to the C's

KnicksR4Real
07-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Rockets

Bucks

T'Wolves

Bulls

JuliusCaesar
07-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Let me spice this up a little for you guys.

First off, no one cares about the bucks. Oh no they lost Charlie and richard. They weren't going anywhere anyway...

Here are the 2 teams that i think got worse this off-season.

1. Phoenix Suns: The big Shaqtus and grant hill are gone. I know they're getting old, but with Shaq, Amare', Nash, Jason Richardson, grant hill....they at least had a chance to make the playoffs, and w/ the right matchup, maybe get out of the first round.

2. Orlando Magic. Bye bye hedo and courtney lee

The magic went as far as they did last year based on matchup problems. While I don't think Hedo is necessarily all that great, in that system, him and rashard lewis just created so many match-up problems --with their height and shooting abilities-- that there was a very good chance they could go back to the finals. Courtney lee was also a very promising player. You give him another year, and I think the magic could beat the cavs/celtics.

Vince Carter is a good player, but I don't think he is as good as courtney lee and hedo. Carter can help definitely with scoring and outside shooting, but paul pierce can guard him a lot better than hedo.

well..i'm out like bill walton's knees.

dwadefan03
07-19-2009, 09:13 PM
^ you dont know what youre talking about. first off grant hill didnt leave hes still there. second... how could you say that the magic got worse. yeah turkgolu left but that was going to happen any way. they essentially traded courtney lee,rafer alston, and tonie battie for an all-star that put up 20 ppg last season. plus theyre on the brnk of adding mattbarnes and they already added brandan bass. all of this while managing to keep gortat. i dont know about you but thats a nice lineup

arkanian215
07-19-2009, 09:20 PM
NJ nets. lost vc and anderson but picked up lee and twill. legal problems get in the way of moving to brooklyn. the nba lowered the cap for next year meaning the past two year's work by management might have been for nothing.

sofargone
07-19-2009, 09:30 PM

First off, no one cares about the bucks. Oh no they lost Charlie and richard. They weren't going anywhere anyway...

1. Phoenix Suns: The big Shaqtus and grant hill are gone. I know they're getting old, but with Shaq, Amare', Nash, Jason Richardson, grant hill....they at least had a chance to make the playoffs, and w/ the right matchup, maybe get out of the first round.

The magic went as far as they did last year based on matchup problems. While I don't think Hedo is necessarily all that great, in that system, him and rashard lewis just created so many match-up problems --with their height and shooting abilities-- that there was a very good chance they could go back to the finals. Courtney lee was also a very promising player. You give him another year, and I think the magic could beat the cavs/celtics.

Vince Carter is a good player, but I don't think he is as good as courtney lee and hedo. Carter can help definitely with scoring and outside shooting, but paul pierce can guard him a lot better than hedo.

Grant Hill never left first of all... Shaq never really fit in. The Magic got better if anything... They'll have Jameer so whats the point of keeping around Alston? And Vince gives them a veteren presence as well as scoring.

BkOriginalOne
07-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Rockets.
Bucks.
Nets.
Cavs.

MAC10TIZZY
07-19-2009, 09:32 PM

sick!!!!!!!!!

floridaman
07-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Rockets.
Bucks.
Nets.
Cavs.

Ok so i am a die hard Miami Heat fan and basically hate the cavs for my own reasons but even i wouldn't be able to pick through their line up and say they got worse. I have a feeling you may be mildly ******** with that statement considering they did nothing negative and just added positive peices to their team such as Shaq whom fits in much better their than he did in Phoenix. Plus they added Parker who is solid as well as in essence adding Moon cause the Heat aren't going to match the offer sheet.

O and by the way the teams that got worse are:
1.) Rockets
2.) Bucks
3.) Nets
4.) and for a surprise the Lakers got worse pending the result of Lamar Odoms status, though i still think they are one og the better teams the addition of Artest is bad being that he is almost always a cancer to teams and even with that he doesnt make up for the loss of Odom and Ariza.

smith&wesson
07-19-2009, 09:54 PM
ok here it goes, i know im probably gonna get raided from lakers fans but hey trueth is trueth. and i aint scured of yall lol ...

the loss of ariza and gaining artest was huge. but to lose odem... oh oh .
artest cant fill both roles. he cant start and back him self up lol so yeah the lakers may slip a little. id rather have ariza and odem then just artest. but i did love the artest signing i thought if they retained odem they were sure to repeat.

dont get me wrong laker fans. i love the lakers too.. i just think if odem leaves they wont be AS good as last year. but still are an amazing team ...

any one else think kobe and artest will be the closest thing to jordon and pippen ??

Kakaroach
07-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Bucks for sure with losing out on RJ and Charlie Vill
Rockets - not their fault Yao is injury-prone
T-Wolves - Talk about messing up the perfect draft situation

asandhu23
07-19-2009, 10:10 PM
the warriors... we lost jamal crawford for acie law and speedy claxton...:mad:

Alwaysballin247
07-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Rockets.
Bucks.
Nets.
Cavs.

The Cavs? are you crazy haha
Nets lost VC but got courtney lee and alston they are about even but did a great thing but getting rid of carter and gaining money for next year

at least you got the rockets and bucks right ha

I am just messin with you, you have the right to think what you want

itsripcity32
07-19-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm gonna say

Bulls- Lost Ben Gordon and obtained nobody

Pacers-Losing Jarret Jack

itsripcity32
07-19-2009, 10:25 PM
the warriors... we lost jamal crawford for acie law and speedy claxton...:mad:

and watson

GoatMilk
07-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Grizzlies got Z-Bo

NBA_Starter
07-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Charlotte lost Sean May (I'm happy about that) but other than that no moves and we haven't even re-signed Felton yet!:confused:

D-Will4Prez
07-20-2009, 02:34 AM
Bucks
Timberwolves
Nets

And Suns have always sucked...Nash just doesn't have what it takes for Pick and Roll...

Gambeezy
07-20-2009, 04:05 AM

:pity:
The Suns barely missed the playoffs and the Magic went ECF.

Teams like Bucks and Rockets are bad and just got terribly worse. Yao's injury is devastating and he will certainly miss next season in order to recover and avoid causing future permanent damage to his body. Who the hell knows which T-mac will show up next season and losing Artest for Ariza may be a problem in the end since Artest can create for himself (which will be needed with the loss of Yao).

The Bucks have lost their damn minds and have basically chosen to be the worst team in the league next season. No RJ / Villie and Sessions looks to be on his way out.

These are teams that deserve the aforementioned title. From bad to worse. It'll be a rough season.

TheGsw
07-20-2009, 04:12 AM
Rockets have the worst luck!talk about a team that could of been title contenders next year!!

TheGsw
07-20-2009, 04:12 AM
O also i havent heard news from the bucks all summer??

OA SLAY
07-20-2009, 04:26 AM
the Rockets will drop the most as far as wins, 53 last year, they will be lucky if they get a .500 record

the Bucks really didn't get much worse(Redd/Bogut were injured), they won 34 last season even if they lose Sessions they still can get 30-40 wins, basically its replaceing Jefferson/Charlie with hopefully a healthy Redd and Bogut

He's Obviously in Denial... It is imposible to fall any further down the the well when you have been sitting on the floor for tha past 25 years:cry:

OA SLAY
07-20-2009, 04:29 AM
:clap:
Grizzlies got Z-Bo

:clap:yeah thats like the opposite of heaven sent!

ZebraCity916
07-20-2009, 05:10 AM

Hill never left you fool. Everyone knows that Orlando got better.

Someone delete this guys account please.

ZebraCity916
07-20-2009, 05:22 AM
Bulls got worse with the loss of Gordon.

Houston obviously got worse with the loss of Yao and Artest.

Lakers get worse if they don't re-sign Odom.

NJ got worse with the loss of Vince Carter but it was a good move in the long run.

Knicks get worse if they don't re-sign Lee and Nate Robinson or someone else to replace them.

Reddd
07-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Houston could've been a top 5 team in the league with ron and healthy t-mac and yao, Bucks could've made it to the playoffs if they had hold on to Charlie V, Jefferson, now they probably gonna lose Sessions too. Also the Lakers have gotten worse, but if they do sign Odom back then they might be pretty much the same as last year, noone really knows if Ron's going to play like in his Pacer days or is he going to decline.

Reddd
07-20-2009, 07:34 AM

First of all, Grant Hill, despite talking to many teams, re-signed with the Suns. And second, the Magic already beat both Celtics and Cavs in the playoffs.

Chateamsfan
07-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Rockets got way worse by losing artest to lal and yao ming to injury.

hockeypro68
07-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Lakers are worse off compared to last season IF they don't resign Odom.

mavs&colts
07-20-2009, 01:06 PM
First of all, Grant Hill, despite talking to many teams, re-signed with the Suns. And second, the Magic already beat both Celtics and Cavs in the playoffs.

Yea w/ Hedo Turkoglu, Courtney lee & raefer alston in the lineup but now there all gone.

IMO Orlando got worse with those KEY loses i just stated, true enough they added VC and Bass but they are not as consistent as those players Bc let's just say D.Howard has another post-season like this recent who is going to be able to put that load on their sholder:shrug:

and you really can't jst say houston got worst because the stuff that happen was pretty much uncontrollable Yao:injury, Mcgrady:injury, Artest:Left Because he felt like they were not contenders anymore, no matter how much houston would of offered him he most likely would of turned it down mainly because he doesn't want to be in a situation like he was in sacramento where he was the team

and i wouldn't say denver got worst it's jst with all the team's updating to compete for and nba championship they pretty much where at a stand still, not to add the lost of dontay jones, witch means J.R. Smith would have to start= no more explosives off the bench, and the possibility of losing Linas Kleiza

Fireworld
08-19-2009, 05:35 AM
Rockets

DCSportsIsPain
08-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Toronto. Marion > Turkoglu

BaustinSali08
08-19-2009, 08:06 AM
Rockets and Bucks.

ctitus45
08-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Rockets. No question about it.

There are also teams who haven't improved their situation either. Especially with the top tier teams making moves to get rings, but that's for another forum.

And people, please pay attention to basketball news if you're going to post in NBA forum.

Grant Hill is still a PHX Sun

Lamar Odom has signed with the Lakers. I've seen like 3 posts saying the Lakers are worse IF they don't resign Odom.

#1Mavericksfan
08-19-2009, 08:25 AM
I'm going with the Magic....there gonna miss Hedo more than they know.

rocky4104
08-19-2009, 08:26 AM
Rockets definitely!

ariza's a lucky basterd! lol. now he's a star player

MrFastBreak
08-19-2009, 12:04 PM
ok here it goes, i know im probably gonna get raided from lakers fans but hey trueth is trueth. and i aint scured of yall lol ...

the loss of ariza and gaining artest was huge. but to lose odem... oh oh .
artest cant fill both roles. he cant start and back him self up lol so yeah the lakers may slip a little. id rather have ariza and odem then just artest. but i did love the artest signing i thought if they retained odem they were sure to repeat.

dont get me wrong laker fans. i love the lakers too.. i just think if odem leaves they wont be AS good as last year. but still are an amazing team ...

any one else think kobe and artest will be the closest thing to jordon and pippen ??

The Lakers did NOT lose Lamar Odom.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4650

2_Trill
08-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Bulls 4sho... there GM is a ******...

Lakeshowallday
08-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Heat..but then again arn't they always bad?

2_Trill
08-19-2009, 03:16 PM
lol !!!

yanksknicksgmen
08-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Rockets
Bucks
Nets
Bulls

GeorgeMcCloud21
08-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Bucks & Bulls

CELTICS4LYFE
08-20-2009, 09:43 AM

:smoking: lol but deff the bulls

Ace33Bone
08-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Timberworlves
Bucks
Houston
Kings
Nets
Knicks

Unruly Fan
08-20-2009, 10:02 AM
I believe the Rockets will feel it the most.

Marion > Turkoglu + Jack + Belinelli + Nesterovic + DeRozan? :confused:

JordansBulls
08-20-2009, 12:14 PM

Orlanod got soo much better it isn't even funny. Went from the worst backcourt ever to make the finals to one of the best in the league with Nelson and Vince. And then added Bass up front along with Barnes and White Chocolate.

DLeeicious
08-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Bulls 4sho... there GM is a ******...

I know, he gave a 6'2'' shooting guard 11 million dollars per year! How crazy! Wait...

asandhu23
08-20-2009, 12:37 PM
and watson

orlando hasn't signed him and we sent him an offer

Lakers4ItAll
08-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Rockets since Yao is out

Bulls lost B Gordon and haven't done **** to replace him

Mavrix
08-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Denver

THE MTL
08-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Rockets losing Yao Ming was huge! And also downgraded at SF with Ariza. And Tracy McGrady status is unknown however I dont think he has been cleared for any drills yet.

MJ-BULLS
08-20-2009, 10:22 PM
to all the people that say that the bulls got worse no, Gordon was such a chucker that chuked up shots all the time thats why he got his points, now that he is gone rose is gonna get more opportunities and is gonna kill this upcoming season.

knicks09
08-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Timberworlves
Bucks
Houston
Kings
Nets
Knicks

Knicks?! How did we get worse if we havent made a single move the whole entire offseason??!! wow!

richardle9
08-20-2009, 11:23 PM
the rockets getting worst was mostly bad luck, tmac and yao were injured, but the rockets did lose artest

secterm
08-20-2009, 11:28 PM
BUCKS WIN HANDS DOWN. -Charlie V -R. Jefferson -Sessions(maybe) +B. Jennings +Delfino +Warrick

It's unquestionable that this team got much worse, while other teams may or may not have gotten marginally worse.

Byronicle
08-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Houston, Bucks and Knicks

29$JerZ
08-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Houston, Bucks and Knicks

Bucks lose RJ,Charlie V, soon to lose Sessions to NY
Houston lost Yao,Artest
Knicks lost Quentin Richardson, will retain Lee/Nate at least for 1 year and are poised to get Sessions.

:confused:

Nets fan 93
08-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Nets lost Carter
Bucks lost CV31, Jefferson
Rockets Lost Artest and found out Yao is out for the season
Suns- Lost Shaq for Sasha
Wolves- lost some role players in telfair and Smith

td0tsfinest
08-21-2009, 02:09 PM
The Rockets

Lost Artest, Lost Yao and future of T-Mac's doesn't look so bright either.

D-Will4Prez
08-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Alston > Nelson. Here is why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TkOyTDPmGY

tbone2171
08-21-2009, 02:27 PM
My Tpups..this year that is

dre1990
08-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Bucks, Bulls, Rockets