PDA

View Full Version : Frazier Becomes More Versatile

Flamarlins21
07-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Carolina Mudcats' Todd Frazier played his first game at second base today. Frazier, who has played left field all season for the Mudcats, has taken ground balls in batting practice the for the past few days but got his first start at second today against the Chattanooga Lookouts. Ranked the second best prospect in the Reds organization, is the current batting average leader for the Mudcats with a .314 clip with 10 home runs and 32 doubles. Frazier in the past has played the infield, playing at the hot corner but strictly played left this season.

I asked DB about about the move via text and said "He is going to start playing some games there but not all of them. I think he can do it. It will help his versatility and give them (the Reds) more options"

In other news, left-handed starter Travis Wood notched his 9th win today. He now stands at 9-3 with a 1.23 ERA.

Kinsm
07-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Travis Wood needs to be promoted, it would be nice to see Frazier promoted too....also I'd like to see him playing some 3rd.

Kinsm
07-19-2009, 07:53 PM
By the way you do realize there was a minor league thread created just for you and these types of posts.

Flamarlins21
07-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah my bad, I didn't think about it. I think I actually created the minor league thread myself (may not have) and I failed to use it. Sorry