PDA

View Full Version : best pick up this offseason?

Kermit310
07-18-2009, 08:26 PM
With so many Teams making moves this offseason, which team do you believe made significant changes to thier team? and what free agent pick up was best so far?
Ron to Lakers?
Shaq to Cavs?
Wallace to cletics?
Jefferson to spurs?
Carter to magic?

NastyRud
07-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Should've put a poll. I have to say Shaq if the Cavs limit his minutes until the playoffs.

vash9
07-18-2009, 08:30 PM
I say Carter to Magic. The Magic will be a force to be reckoned with for sure now adding the veteran to the team.

Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Bass
Howard

That, lineup seems pretty beastly.

KnicksR4Real
07-18-2009, 08:31 PM
darko to knicks baby

ko8e24
07-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Big Q to the clips, lol.

No seriously....

3-way tie
ron ron to lakers
sheed to c's
rj to spurs

dtmagnet
07-18-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm personally a fan of Turk to the Raptors but I think RJ to the Spurs is the best pickup mainly based on what he was aquired for.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Sheed to the celtics, only because they can now rest KG a bit, as well as SHeed, and have them ready for the playoffs. With Marquis there, Paul can maybe get a few nights off as well

ramz.n
07-18-2009, 08:42 PM
hands down the spurs..they've already got a great team with parker, manu and duncan..they added dujaun blair who was a steal..got richard jefferson and gave up nothing got mcdyess without giving up anything.

Kakaroach
07-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Hedo to the Raptors
RJ to the Spurs

Lakers4ItAll
07-18-2009, 08:55 PM
3-way tie
ron ron to lakers
sheed to c's
rj to spurs

I agree unless Odom signs with LA then I say Ron is the biggest

ronaldsmith_86
07-18-2009, 08:55 PM
not to be a homer but as far as most improvement from one pickup ima have to go wit my spurs

smith&wesson
07-18-2009, 09:02 PM
i dont think ppl realize how good artest is.

the rockets took the lakers to 7 games and gave them the tuffest series in the playoffs. the lakers struggled most againts them out of any other team they faced.

with yao injured and mcgrady not even playing in the play offs, artest was clearly theyre best player and with him leading the team they mad a really strong push in the playoffs before they lost to the lakers in game seven.

i think every one remembers how intense thoughs games were between kobe and ron. Now they are together. and probably the closest thing to jordan and pippen since that era.

so i have to say the lakers got the best pick up of the off season.
the idea of ron and kobe on the same team just blows my mind. who would u guys rather have as a big three

allen, pierce, garnet

or

kobe, artest, gasol.

i think its pretty damclose, also i think boston & LA finals are in store for next season.

blastmasta26
07-18-2009, 09:20 PM
RJ to the Spurs. Sheed to Boston is close, but they were already a title contender. Spurs were starting to fade away and RJ makes them a hell of a lot better.

mzgrizz
07-18-2009, 10:27 PM
RJ to the Spurs.

JWO35
07-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Chris Wilcox to the Pistons :D
CHAMPIONSHIP!

B.JenningsMVP
07-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Ron ron to LA.
But as a team, the Magic, along with the Spurs, have made the best moves this offseason.

Shaddix
07-18-2009, 10:51 PM
I would probably say the spurs they did a great job adding jefferson and blair int he draft, then mcdyess just tops that offseason off great job by them. I definitly would have said the lakers if they resigned odom, but I don't see artest being a HUGE upgrade over odom. Then my celtics have done a great job signing wallace and daniels. If they can resign big baby, it would be a very fun team to watch :)

yanksknicksgmen
07-19-2009, 01:20 AM
all the great teams got better

Tha Truth
07-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Artest to the Lakers.

Adding him to a championship team, man look out.

The Sheed move is big too, having him coming off the bench will be big for Boston.

BlondeBomber41
07-19-2009, 02:29 AM
Honestly its gotta be the Lakers getting Artest for the MLE. What a steal. Its not even fair to the rest of the league that they can pick up a player that good for the MLE.

ClayFace
07-19-2009, 02:46 AM
Chris Wilcox to the Pistons :D
CHAMPIONSHIP!

Word.

Sheed to the Celtics is probably going to be the most rewarding. Kevin Garnett and Sheed will make a grimy combination.

Shaq to the Suns was supposed to be extremely rewarding. Maybe it was the problems they had with the head coaches, but it didn't win them a title. However, if both Shaq and Z are on the court at the same time, the twin towers might prove to mighty for some. But the loss of speed with those two on the court might hurt more than anything. Anyway, with whatever lineup anything could happen. But if a lineup of Nash/Richardson/Hill/Stoudemire/Shaq didn't win a title ( I know there injuries involved ), adding Shaq to the Cavaliers lineup may not suffice either.

Artest to lakers, well, as most have stated, where they improve defensively, they may lose as much offensively.

lakerboy
07-19-2009, 05:13 AM
I'm a Laker fan, but it's got to be RJ to the Spurs.

HouRealCoach
07-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Every team tht got someone has lost more so really there hasnt been a VERY good pickup yet but Im gonna say RJ to Spurs

Reddd
07-19-2009, 06:02 AM
IF the Lakers re-sign Odom, then maybe its the Lakers, also Spurs getting RJ for nothing, and Boston getting Sheed is a real steal too. Overally all great teams got even better.

viictoor
07-19-2009, 06:31 AM
marion to mavs

JayW_1023
07-19-2009, 06:47 AM
I'd say Marquis Daniels to Boston...they get a designated wing defender...the best they had since Posey...and he provides a little more offense than Posey...and he can also play three positions.

Huge pick-up for Boston. Sometimes getting a role player is more significant than a star.

barreleffact
07-19-2009, 07:20 AM
first off i hate the celtics, however the biggest signing IMO is wallace to the celtics. It provides even MORE versatility at their frontcourt and relieves garnett of minutes. wallace has both post defense and the ability to shoot the 3. he's a proven champion. we have no clue if shaq to the cavs means anything, carter to the magic is a year too late. they improved but they took steps back in terms of depth on the wing. they can still recover but carter alone doent bring them to some overly high new level. just a level or two. the mavs may never win a ring and they def wont this year. rj to the spurs killed their cap and rj isnt some superstar(they havent needed one to win rings, but with the ages of their stars they need a stud). right now the signing with the most possibilities is wallace to the celts, however the sleeper transaction to be is if someone can get ramon sessions. to LA they become favorites with odom's hopeful return. one can only hope

Wizard of O's
07-19-2009, 07:49 AM
No question Ariza to the Rockets

only 24 yrs old, a way under valued contract. he's already a better defender than artest and he shot 40% and averaged 16 pts in the finals. he's only going to get better.

Hedo and sheed are the most overrated moves

Wizard of O's
07-19-2009, 08:01 AM

the rockets took the lakers to 7 games and gave them the tuffest series in the playoffs. the lakers struggled most againts them out of any other team they faced.

artest shot for 4 for 15, 6 for 17 and 3 for 10 in the last three games of that series. he wasn't the reason the rockets took the lakers to 7. it was battier doing a decent job on kobe, the rockets point guards getting to the rim and scola's mid range jump shot..which gasol refused to defend.

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-19-2009, 08:33 AM

with yao injured and mcgrady not even playing in the play offs, artest was clearly theyre best player and with him leading the team they mad a really strong push in the playoffs before they lost to the lakers in game seven.

i think every one remembers how intense thoughs games were between kobe and ron. Now they are together. and probably the closest thing to jordan and pippen since that era.

so i have to say the lakers got the best pick up of the off season.
the idea of ron and kobe on the same team just blows my mind. who would u guys rather have as a big three

allen, pierce, garnet

or

kobe, artest, gasol.

i think its pretty damclose, also i think boston & LA finals are in store for next season.

as a rockets fan ron artest did not do a thing for the rockets in the playoffs..he shot up shots that no one wanted him to take..but thats about it..it was all the young gunz.

French Suns Fan
07-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Celtics with Daniels and Wallace

raptor fan
07-19-2009, 09:24 AM
i'm probably gonna have to give the nod to the lakers picking up artest

rufo4100
07-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Jefferson to the Spurs.

Raph12
07-19-2009, 11:13 AM
RJ to the Spurs is the single biggest acquistion and will individually have the most impact on his team. But the Magic have made several moves to better themselves: matching Gortat, getting Vince Carter, Ryan Anderson and Brandon Bass, while closing in on a deal with Matt Barnes and signing CJ Watson to an offer sheet. Magic have had the best offseason so far and get this Otis Smith says he still has a long way to go.

daleja424
07-19-2009, 11:14 AM
as of nowI say RJ... but that could change in the next week as more stuff happens... its too early to say for sure

DetroitRipCity
07-19-2009, 02:48 PM
well since you put free agent pick-up the shaq cater and RJ dont count cause they were trades. That being said i think the pistons have had the best offseason so far with Ben Gordon, C-Vill, and Chris Wilcox

chicagocubsfan
07-19-2009, 03:03 PM
^Lol at the pistons. Really the best move of the offseason was artest to the lakers or sheed to the celts. An underated move would be Marion to the mavs.

st3voness
07-19-2009, 03:39 PM
No Marion to Dallas? :confused:

If he can return to his All-Star form from Phoenix with J-Kidd running the offense, Dallas can be serious contenders. And we still have our full MLE to work with since we didn't acquire Gortat.

DetroitRipCity
07-19-2009, 03:41 PM
^Lol at the pistons. Really the best move of the offseason was artest to the lakers or sheed to the celts. An underated move would be Marion to the mavs.

why are you laughing at the pistons?? they picked up 2 of the top 5 free agents

itsripcity32
07-19-2009, 03:45 PM

LOL a chicago fan would say that.

lakers got artest BUT lose ariza and now possibly odom :(
Sheed is a good backup center but just old and angry

Chicago i think DID THE BEST. they lost their best player and got nobody. or i think nobody :confused: did they do anything?

P.S: i honestly do not know!?

FlakeyFool
07-19-2009, 06:00 PM
No question Ariza to the Rockets

only 24 yrs old, a way under valued contract. he's already a better defender than artest and he shot 40% and averaged 16 pts in the finals. he's only going to get better.

Hedo and sheed are the most overrated moves

Explain how the Hedo move was overrated, I'm really interested in hearing your poor attempt of making sense at this.

Nets fan 93
07-19-2009, 07:16 PM
RJ to the spurs
Artest to the Lakers
Shaq to the Cavs

Three way tie.

Sheed doesnt really matter at his age, and the magic gave up a really good young player for VC

goose15
07-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Turk - Toronto

chicagocubsfan
07-19-2009, 11:16 PM
LOL a chicago fan would say that.

lakers got artest BUT lose ariza and now possibly odom :(
Sheed is a good backup center but just old and angry

Chicago i think DID THE BEST. they lost their best player and got nobody. or i think nobody :confused: did they do anything?

P.S: i honestly do not know!?I never said that the bulls had a good offseason. The bulls have had a quiet offseason. I think the pistons made an alright move by getting Gordon. Villinueva is overated and they overpaid for him in my opinion. If they make a trade they will have a good offseason.