PDA

View Full Version : trade value for manu?

spurs4#5
07-18-2009, 01:03 PM
as much of a manu ginobli fan that i am, i just dont think he will be a spur after this season...so with that in mind what would some teams offer up for him?

jimbobjarree
07-18-2009, 01:08 PM
I'd kill to get him on the Jazz, i'd still give up alot, though I doubt our front office would be prepared to offer anything but Boozer+ or AK+, which wont interest you guys :(

though if not for his contract AK could be a good fit at the 3 for you guys, he could play a bit of 4 as well if you wanted to run, and his shooting is good for a power forward, not so much at the 3 though.

Chicagofaithful
07-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Derrick Rose, John Salmons, Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Joakim noah + picks

spurs4#5
07-18-2009, 01:19 PM

we would only want noah and the picks...and thats just wouldnt be enough for manu

spurs4#5
07-18-2009, 01:23 PM
I'd kill to get him on the Jazz, i'd still give up alot, though I doubt our front office would be prepared to offer anything but Boozer+ or AK+, which wont interest you guys :(

though if not for his contract AK could be a good fit at the 3 for you guys, he could play a bit of 4 as well if you wanted to run, and his shooting is good for a power forward, not so much at the 3 though.

yeah the jazz really dont have anything we could use in the long term...boozer would be nice to bang down there with timmy but he's a free agent next year and isnt the kind of player we're gonna go after...so i think sticking with ginobili would be better for us

NYYCowboys
07-18-2009, 01:23 PM
He's a very good player but he's getting older and you would be stupid to give up a top young talent to get him if your team isn't a contender. If it were my team, the Knicks, I wouldn't give up Wilson Chandler or Gallinari for a 33 year old SG.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2009, 01:27 PM
well, you are totally limited on the teams that will go after him. No building team, or team that is not in contention would be interested. Only a team that thought adding him would put them over the top would be interested. He just has too much injury history, and his age is up there. The dude is a great player when healthy. Now, if he comes out this season and plays 75 games at full health plus playoffs, than it may open up more options. But he is certainly worth a couple of expiring deals, or a couple young players at the very least.

North Yorker
07-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Why the hell would they trade him??
The Spurs are going for one final run, they wouldnt trade one of their core players when they are going after another ship,

JWO35
07-18-2009, 01:33 PM
LeBron James, 1st round pick for Manu

spurs4#5
07-18-2009, 01:35 PM
well, you are totally limited on the teams that will go after him. No building team, or team that is not in contention would be interested. Only a team that thought adding him would put them over the top would be interested. He just has too much injury history, and his age is up there. The dude is a great player when healthy. Now, if he comes out this season and plays 75 games at full health plus playoffs, than it may open up more options. But he is certainly worth a couple of expiring deals, or a couple young players at the very least.

he doesnt really have a bad injury history besides last season he hasnt played in less than 65 games a year and that number is so low because coach pop always rest and keeps his players out longer than expected just to be sure...manu has at least another 4, 5, maybe 6 years left...he loves the game to much to retire early and is showing no signs of slowing down at age 31

Hustla23
07-18-2009, 01:38 PM
It would be in the Spurs best interest to keep the core intact. You won't get as much value for Manu in a trade as you would him actually playing for you.

spurs4#5
07-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Why the hell would they trade him??
The Spurs are going for one final run, they wouldnt trade one of their core players when they are going after another ship,

you're very right but while building a team to contend with the elite they have also been building for the future

spurs4#5
07-18-2009, 01:40 PM
LeBron James, 1st round pick for Manu

id never hope for lebron james to be on the spurs lol

tland22
07-18-2009, 01:48 PM
the Hornets are desperate for wing players...theyd be interested in him. Manu is 31 years old, I dont know how much exactly you'd get for him. he still a damn good player though. Id guesss that the Spurs want to get younger, so maybe theyd offer a combination of a couple of things. Julian Wright, Hilton Armstrong, Rasual Butler, James Pose, Peja, and a pick. Not all of these obviously but maybe some combination would work.

fairandbalanced
07-18-2009, 01:48 PM
L.A sign and trade Odom for Manu. Solid 6th man.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2009, 01:53 PM
he doesnt really have a bad injury history besides last season he hasnt played in less than 65 games a year and that number is so low because coach pop always rest and keeps his players out longer than expected just to be sure...manu has at least another 4, 5, maybe 6 years left...he loves the game to much to retire early and is showing no signs of slowing down at age 31

well, why would you trade for a guy who hasn't played more than 28 mpg really, and has still missed time with injuries? And his playoff injuries recently don't show up on that 82 game schedule. All I mean is, he would be a great pickup for a team on the edge, but not for a rebuilding team, or a team that isn't in contention yet. And he does have an injury history. Many games he has played hurt, at 75% full strength. That is great, and he is tough, but he is still hurt, and not capable of giving you 40 mpg of all star play at this age.

spurs4#5
07-18-2009, 02:08 PM
well, why would you trade for a guy who hasn't played more than 28 mpg really, and has still missed time with injuries? And his playoff injuries recently don't show up on that 82 game schedule. All I mean is, he would be a great pickup for a team on the edge, but not for a rebuilding team, or a team that isn't in contention yet. And he does have an injury history. Many games he has played hurt, at 75% full strength. That is great, and he is tough, but he is still hurt, and not capable of giving you 40 mpg of all star play at this age.

great points but you have to take into account that the mpg arent by choice its a coaching choice and itsalways been that way with pop manu could give 35-37 mpg....im just saying when healthy manu i cant name more than five better players at his position that brings more to a team than he does

Sports Illustrator
07-18-2009, 02:28 PM
I do not think the San Antonio Spurs are looking to trade Manu Ginobli, at least not yet. They are likely going to want to see how healthy he will be in this upcoming 2009-10 season and how well has he recovered from the injuries. The Spurs aren't just going to trade him away and give up on him. The Spurs staff love what Manu Ginobli has done for their team and are hoping he can still come back and still contribute to the team.

zambo4president
07-18-2009, 02:32 PM
TT+Pick

Wilson
07-18-2009, 02:39 PM

Chicago don't want to trade Derrick Rose for a 30 year old...

L.A sign and trade Odom for Manu. Solid 6th man.

I don't think San Antonio would want to trade a great sixth man for a good one. I would love to have Manu Ginobili spelling Kobe Bryant, but I don't think we can get him.

Joshtd1
07-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Why would the Spurs trade Manu? Pop said he doesnt see Manu getting traded. If he is healthy, he is a top 5 SG in the NBA. Even if he does get injured again this year...he is a big 10.5 million dollar expiring contract that comes off the books.

Spurred1
07-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Manu's not going anywhere this year. The Spurs appear to be trying for another run at a ring with their additions. Manu will be a big part of that-he should be healthy this season.

kblo247
07-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Manu is good for other top guys who stay hurt aka

T-Mac
Boozer
JO
AK47
Shaq

JayW_1023
07-19-2009, 06:43 AM
Why would the Spurs trade Manu? Pop said he doesnt see Manu getting traded. If he is healthy, he is a top 5 SG in the NBA. Even if he does get injured again this year...he is a big 10.5 million dollar expiring contract that comes off the books.

Great points. Manu isn't going anywhere...especially because Jeffersons edition will only make it easier to monitor Manu's minutes and keep him healthy till the postseason.

A healthy Manu is still money.