PDA

View Full Version : Top five teams in the nba right now?

spurs4#5
07-17-2009, 11:55 PM
try giving an unbios opinion here please

1. spurs/lakers
3. celtics
4. orlando
5. dallas

Spurred1
07-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Where are the Cavs?

prodigy
07-17-2009, 11:56 PM
1. clippers
2. thunder
3. knicks
4. timberwolves
5. chuck norris

for real...

1. lakers
2. cavs
3. celtics
4. spurs
5. magic

how are the mavs on your list? no disrespect but common.

GoatMilk
07-17-2009, 11:57 PM
im gonna assume LO stays in L.A.

1. Lakers
2. Boston
3. Orlando
4. San Antonio
5. Cleveland

now if LO goes to Miami, Lakers drop to 3rd, maybe 4th

ko8e24
07-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Complete Unbiased Opinion

1) Orlando Magic
2) Los Angeles Lakers
3) Boston Celtics
4) San Antonio Spurs
5) Tie-Cleveland Cavaliers and Dallas Mavericks

This is performance and record in the NBA regular season 2009-2010

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2009, 11:58 PM
In no order.

Cavaliers, Magic, Celtics, Spurs, and Lakers.

spurs4#5
07-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Where are the Cavs?

they're a good team i just think they're over hyped...and they have no chance of doing what they did last year...so thats why i didnt put them on the top 5

B.JenningsMVP
07-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Praying LO comes back:
LA
BOS
ORL <---- GREAT offseason moves!
SA
CLE

ironkobe
07-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Boston
Lakers if odom comes back
spurs
magics
cavs

if lakers dont get odom idrop them down to number 4

spurs4#5
07-18-2009, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=ko8e24;10184814]Complete Unbiased Opinion

1) Orlando Magic
2) Los Angeles Lakers
3) Boston Celtics
4) San Antonio Spurs

This is performance and record in the NBA regular season 2009-2010[/QUOTE

orlando will be great but i think getting vince carter isnt the right fit for them...he's know how to get his points and can dish but it takes him to many shots to get them on a team that already has alot of scorers who need their shots

spurs4#5
07-18-2009, 12:11 AM
as much as i hate the lakers i could never put them out of the top spot when you have kobe bryant... but they really havent done anything productive yet this offseason

xxxplicit69
07-18-2009, 12:18 AM

1. spurs/lakers
3. celtics
4. orlando
5. dallas

Dallas is not better than cleveland, even with shawn marion. I know you were expecting some controversy with putting the mavs and not the cavs up there.

ko8e24
07-18-2009, 12:19 AM
as much as i hate the lakers i could never put them out of the top spot when you have kobe bryant... but they really havent done anything productive yet this offseason

ya i kno, ron who????

SouljahPhil...
07-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Lakers-pending lo signing..
C's and Spurs
Magic/Cavs...

spurs4#5
07-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Dallas is not better than cleveland, even with shawn marion. I know you were expecting some controversy with putting the mavs and not the cavs up there.

umm not really i just dont think with the edition of shaq made them a better team

spurs4#5
07-18-2009, 12:26 AM
ya i kno, ron who????

oh dont get me wrong i love ron's game...and i would take ron over ariza any day and anyone else who says different is a ****...but if they dont resign odom the moves that they've made so far really doesnt improve them

Spurred1
07-18-2009, 12:29 AM
Shaq had a productive year last season with the Suns; he's not going to be relied on to carry the team. He just needs to clog up the lane, rebound, and score some points. He'll be better than Ben Wallace was. That alone should make them better.
The Cavs also added someone else...who the hell was it...Anyway, they weren't overhyped-they had a terrific season and came up short against the Magic in the playoffs.
Lakers got Artest and most likely will resign Lamar. They don't need to make a bunch of changes, since that team just won the championship.

spurs4#5
07-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Shaq had a productive year last season with the Suns; he's not going to be relied on to carry the team. He just needs to clog up the lane, rebound, and score some points. He'll be better than Ben Wallace was. That alone should make them better.
The Cavs also added someone else...who the hell was it...Anyway, they weren't overhyped-they had a terrific season and came up short against the Magic in the playoffs.
Lakers got Artest and most likely will resign Lamar. They don't need to make a bunch of changes, since that team just won the championship.

im not trying to deny shaq's greatness or the fact that he had a really good season last year...the big man is looking good again...i just think in the system that brown runs its just not gonna be a good fit for them...and i agree completely with the lakers comment ive already said that i couldnt put a team with kobe on it out of the top spot...i just believe enough teams made the correct moves to actually be able to bring them down

yanksknicksgmen
07-18-2009, 12:52 AM
celtics
lakers
cavs
magic
spurs

1WorthyLakerFan
07-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Lakers (with LO)/Celtics - ould go either way
Orlando
Cleveland
Denver (think they are still stronger than SA)

solelimited
07-18-2009, 01:26 AM
you cant really put dallas up there, they've always had a bunch of talent, but never able to really put it together.50 - 60 win team IMO Which is 6th or 7th behind DEN.

Celticsfetish
07-18-2009, 01:27 AM
1. Lakers- You got to give it to them because there the champs and the added Ron Artest although I think with the loss of Ariza and most likely losing Lamar Odom really hurts there bench and are a very thin team.

2. Celtics- Very close second here. The Celtics have done this off season what they have had to do with the bench with the signing on Rasheed Wallace. A guy who adds length, great defense and a scorer off the bench as the backup PF/C and the recent signing of Marquis Daniels who adds a slasher offensively and a good defender at the backup SF position. They still need a backup PG which Iím certain they will address.

3. Cavs- The Cavs who won 66 games last season added Shaq who I have mixed feeling about. When the Cavs were going good offensively they were a running team and with Shaq there I think it could hurt them offensively and he can't defend the pick and roll and does not match up with a Dwight Howard or a Kevin Garnett or Rasheed Wallace anymore. They still have a great starting lineup with of course the King and Mo Williams but I just donít see how Shaq at this point in his career makes them so much better.

4. Magic- The eastern conference champions will be in the mix again with Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis leading the charge. The loss of Hedo Turkoglu is huge. His ability too be able to play in transition and knocking down in 3ís and matchup with both small forwards and power forwards on the defensive end will be missed. Vince Carter I think itís a nice addition but they donít matchup as well with the Celtics or Cavs as they did with Turkoglu and I think that will hurt them a bit but will still be in the top 3 in the east.

5. Spurs- Have made great additions with Richard Jefferson and Antonio Mcdyess to play alongside the Spurs version of the big three ( Duncan, Ginoboli and Parker) which should be dynamitic offensively and as long as Tim Duncan is there will be very good defensively. There in the west and itís a dogfight every single day with the Lakers Nuggets and up and coming such as the Blazers and the new look Mavericks. I see them having the 2nd best record in the West but donít see them as strong as the Celtics Cavs or Magic in the east.

carter15
07-18-2009, 01:28 AM
am i the only one who thinks its hilarious that the thread starter asks for unbiased opinions and meanwhile puts the spurs (in his username) #1.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2009, 01:54 AM
LA
Boston
San Antonio
Orlando
Cleveland

That is right now, without considering players that may be added, and health

TheGsw
07-18-2009, 01:57 AM
1.Lakers
2.Celtics
3.Mavericks
4.Spurs
5.Magic
/6.Cavs7.Warriors lol

jdricks
07-18-2009, 02:34 AM
1.Lakers
2.Celtics
3.Cavs
4.Spurs
5.Magic

_KB24_
07-18-2009, 02:36 AM
1.Lakers
2.Boston
3.Spurs
4.Magic
5.Cavs for now, but Denver/Portland/Dallas/ are right up near their balls.

aZekuiS
07-18-2009, 02:36 AM
Spurs
Celtics
Lakers
Cavs
Magic

AKA TheMamba
07-18-2009, 03:01 AM
I agree but cleveland deserves to be up there.... Dallas? Marion? u kidding me lol the West is way too strong but then again maybe marion will be effective again with Kidd running the show... Its a team to watch out for but not contenders just yet

Gnac76
07-18-2009, 03:18 AM
1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Cavaliers
5. Spurs/Mavs

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-18-2009, 03:41 AM
1. lakers - champs have to
2. spurs - jus as good as the lakers imo
3. celtics - the top 3 could go any order with valid pts
4 . cavs
5. magics

pretty much lakers and spurs battling out of the west this year and celtics and cavs in the east .

Pa1nl3ss
07-18-2009, 04:20 AM
U were talking how overrated cavs are, but now u starting to underrate them.

Lakers
Cavs
Celtics
Spurs
Magics

Aall of those have nearly the same chance to win the next title.

RadiantShot
07-18-2009, 03:04 PM
im gonna assume LO stays in L.A.

1. Lakers
2. Boston
3. Orlando
4. San Antonio
5. Cleveland

now if LO goes to Miami, Lakers drop to 3rd, maybe 4th

And that's how it should be my friend.

xBLAMEITON24x
07-18-2009, 03:21 PM
1.Lakers
2.Boston
3.Orland
4.Spurs
5.Cleveland

slaker619
07-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Boston
Orlando
Mavs
Lakers
Toronato

st3voness
07-18-2009, 03:29 PM
1. Boston
2. Orlando
3. Spurs
4. Lakers
5. Cleveland/Dallas/Denver

MJ-BULLS
07-18-2009, 03:33 PM
lakers
boston
magic
spurs
cavs

Fayzon10
07-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Praying LO comes back:
LA
BOS
ORL <---- GREAT offseason moves!
SA
CLE I mostly agree with this one but I would change the order of Orlando and San Antonio I really think the loss of Courtnee Lee and Hedo is gonna have a huge negative effect on the Magic, Of course Lee wasn't a big star but he was great for that team and only getting better...

daleja424
07-18-2009, 03:41 PM
ORL
CLE
BOS
LAL
SA

until Lamar resigns with LAL the Lakers are not top 3 anymore...IMO

LA_Raiders
07-18-2009, 03:44 PM
LA
Orl
SA
Bos
Dal

CraigtheSoxFan
07-18-2009, 04:13 PM
In no order.

Cavaliers, Magic, Celtics, Spurs, and Lakers.

1. spurs/lakers
3. celtics
4. orlando
5. dallas

1) Orlando Magic
2) Los Angeles Lakers
3) Boston Celtics
4) San Antonio Spurs

This is performance and record in the NBA regular season 2009-2010

[QUOTE=ko8e24;10184814]Complete Unbiased Opinion

1) Orlando Magic
2) Los Angeles Lakers
3) Boston Celtics
4) San Antonio Spurs

This is performance and record in the NBA regular season 2009-2010[/QUOTE

orlando will be great but i think getting vince carter isnt the right fit for them...he's know how to get his points and can dish but it takes him to many shots to get them on a team that already has alot of scorers who need their shots

1. lakers - champs have to
2. spurs - jus as good as the lakers imo
3. celtics - the top 3 could go any order with valid pts
4 . cavs
5. magics

pretty much lakers and spurs battling out of the west this year and celtics and cavs in the east .

U were talking how overrated cavs are, but now u starting to underrate them.

Lakers
Cavs
Celtics
Spurs
Magics

Aall of those have nearly the same chance to win the next title.

ORL
CLE
BOS
LAL
SA

LA
Orl
SA
Bos
Dal

all you guys are jokes who think orlando cleveland and LA are better SA and boston pfff give me a break!

heres my top five

1. San Antonio: the reason is think they have a real shot to win it this year because what they did this offseason. like getting jeferson and mcdyess

2. boston: after adding rasheed and marquis daniels to the c's bench with a good starting lineup of a healthy kg, ray ray, the truth, and rondo its hard to say no to put them 2 on the list.

3. cleveland: there a powerful team with shaq and LJ plus a lil anthony park in the mix they will allways be up there in the east

4. LA added artest but lost airza to the rockets and soon odom to the heat but they could add a joe smith

5. orlando: they Added vince carter and a new bench but lost some good key players

johnnychan
07-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Lakers
Celtics
Magic
Cavs
Spurs

Honorable Mention: Nuggets

TexasPhinfan
07-18-2009, 04:30 PM
1. Spurs - Added Jefferson, McDyess, and steal of the draft D. Blair. IMO
2. Celtics - Added Rasheed, and very underrated M. Daniels
3. Magic - Turkoglu lee and alston losses were HUGE, but did add carter, bass, and kept Gortat
4. Lakers - added artest, but lost ariza and will lose odom IMO
5. Cavs - SHAQ

Ironman5219
07-18-2009, 04:31 PM
1) Spurs
2) Celtics
3) Magic
4) Cav's
5) LA, Utah, Dallas, phx, Portland, Denver all tied
(yes LA is in this group with no Lamar )

d-baller23
07-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Completely UnBiased

Orlando(Great Off-Season)(Carter,Anderson,Bass,Watson,maybe Barnes)
Spurs/Miami(Semi Good Moves)(Richard Jefferson,Antonio Mcdyess)(Carlos Boozer and Odom)
Lakers(Lost Ariza, Odom)(Gained Artest)
Cavs(It's not a big O'neal deal)(Shaq,Parker)
Dallas(No big deal it's just Shawn Marion,)(Magic 2-0 on Free Agent Signing)

mrblisterdundee
07-18-2009, 04:55 PM
1. Magic
2. Lakers
3. Celtics
4. Cavaliers
5. Denver/Dallas

jrodmesche
07-18-2009, 04:58 PM

1. spurs/lakers
3. celtics
4. orlando
5. dallas

lolz u say dont be biased yet you put the spurs tied for first with the lakers are u kidding.

Anyways heres my list

1. Celtics
2. Cavs
3. Orlando
4. Nuggets
5. Lakers

ko8e24
07-18-2009, 05:03 PM
lolz u say dont be biased yet you put the spurs tied for first with the lakers are u kidding.

Anyways heres my list

1. Celtics
2. Cavs
3. Orlando
4. Nuggets
5. Lakers

:laugh:

wut ur method to get high?

plpfctn
07-18-2009, 05:08 PM
1. Lakers if LO returns
2. Cavs
3. Celtics
4. Magic
5. Spurs & Nugs

laboy09
07-18-2009, 05:13 PM
1. Lakers
2. Cavs
3. Magics
4. Nuggets
5. Celts

SoxRTattedOnMe
07-18-2009, 05:33 PM
U guys are 2 FUNNY! Y are the magic ranked even in the top 5???? Take the teams from last year and just c if the additions including the subtractions made them any better??? Magic HELL 2 the NO! Now Im a celtics fan and look at what we did without KG and Powe in there... Lets say we do keep big baby how in the world are u gonna tell me we r not the favs to win it. There aren't 2 many teams (if any) that have a better starting 5 now just think of our bench how deep it is with House,Sheed,Daniels, and hopefully baby

DetroitRipCity
07-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Lakers
Celtics
Magic
Spurs
Nuggets

userfoundnot
07-18-2009, 05:52 PM
1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Cavaliers
5. Spurs/Mavs

This is by far the most accurate standings IMO.
1. Lakers with L.O. are at the top.
2. Celtics--I don't need to justify.
3. Magic--A bit more stacked compared to Cleveland
4. Cavaliers--When things look down for Cavs, Lebron will step up and start getting triple-doubles to keep them on the top
5. Spurs/Mavs-- Everyone thinks Spurs are great now, but all they've done is add Richard Jefferson (Sure he's good, but hes not going to make Tim Duncan any younger or faster, same with Manu Ginobli) And as for for Mavericks--They can beat Spurs--Sure Tony Parker beats Jason Kidd, but JJ Barea can take Parker on with his speed, and now we have Roddy Beaubois who's even faster than Barea.

johnnychan
07-18-2009, 06:04 PM

1. spurs/lakers
3. celtics
4. orlando
5. dallas

you asked for unbiased and you put the Spurs tied at 1

laboy09
07-18-2009, 06:09 PM
U guys are 2 FUNNY! Y are the magic ranked even in the top 5???? Take the teams from last year and just c if the additions including the subtractions made them any better??? Magic HELL 2 the NO! Now Im a celtics fan and look at what we did without KG and Powe in there... Lets say we do keep big baby how in the world are u gonna tell me we r not the favs to win it. There aren't 2 many teams (if any) that have a better starting 5 now just think of our bench how deep it is with House,Sheed,Daniels, and hopefully baby

You are funny dude. Who beat the celts? i believe it was the magics so i say anytime someone beats the Celts deserves the credit. I will tell you why the Celts arent the favs to win it. Number 1 you got Lebron James who keeps on getting better. He now has a big man that makes there team better now with his veteran present. Then you have have the magics like i said beat the Celts in the playoffs. They have added a veteran player too who can still play and make any team better. So then you have my team the champs of 09 the lakers. Adding ron artest makes them better as a defensive team.

Iron24th
07-18-2009, 06:11 PM
1. Lakers
2. Magic
3. Celtics
4. Cavs
5. Nuggets

Where are the spurs? Come one ! 1 ballhog SF for 3 keys role players don't get you over the top...and mcdyess and bonner playing C.............

IversonIsKrazy
07-18-2009, 06:12 PM
1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Magic
4. Cavs
5. Celtics

French Suns Fan
07-18-2009, 06:18 PM
1 Celtics
2 Lakers
3 Cavs
4 Spurs
5 Magic

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-18-2009, 06:33 PM
warriors
warriors
warriors
warriors
warriors

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Celtics
Lakers
Spurs
Cavs
Nuggets

SoxRTattedOnMe
07-18-2009, 06:41 PM
You are funny dude. Who beat the celts? i believe it was the magics so i say anytime someone beats the Celts deserves the credit. I will tell you why the Celts arent the favs to win it. Number 1 you got Lebron James who keeps on getting better. He now has a big man that makes there team better now with his veteran present. Then you have have the magics like i said beat the Celts in the playoffs. They have added a veteran player too who can still play and make any team better. So then you have my team the champs of 09 the lakers. Adding ron artest makes them better as a defensive team.

Iguess u may b a magic fan 4 real??? We know injuries r a part of the game but lets b honest we took the magic to 7 games without KG... I think he would of been a difference maker. Like I said u mentioned LA with Artest makes them a better team only if they kept Ariza and Odom

magic4life
07-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Completely UnBiased

Orlando(Great Off-Season)(Carter,Anderson,Bass,Watson,maybe Barnes)
Spurs/Miami(Semi Good Moves)(Richard Jefferson,Antonio Mcdyess)(Carlos Boozer and Odom)
Lakers(Lost Ariza, Odom)(Gained Artest)
Cavs(It's not a big O'neal deal)(Shaq,Parker)
Dallas(No big deal it's just Shawn Marion,)(Magic 2-0 on Free Agent Signing)

i dnt think magic can get barnes if they sign watson.. it would have to be either of those two

magic4life
07-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Iguess u may b a magic fan 4 real??? We know injuries r a part of the game but lets b honest we took the magic to 7 games without KG... I think he would of been a difference maker. Like I said u mentioned LA with Artest makes them a better team only if they kept Ariza and Odom

lets not forget the magic did not have jameer nelson.. no excuses now, we beat you fair and square

not to mention you had home court advantage so i say that, at the very least that

no KG= no jameer and no home court

LA_Raiders
07-18-2009, 07:00 PM
ORL
CLE
BOS
LAL
SA

lol

laboy09
07-18-2009, 07:00 PM

Actually I am a Lakers fan. Odom isnt gone yet so yeah. I know i wished ariza stayed but Ron will work.

Cunanan
07-18-2009, 07:02 PM
completely biased....

1. Bulls
2. Bulls
3. Bulls
4. Bulls
5. Bulls

laboy09
07-18-2009, 07:03 PM
completely biased....

1. Bulls
2. Bulls
3. Bulls
4. Bulls
5. Bulls

lol

tsb77
07-18-2009, 07:12 PM
lets not forget the magic did not have jameer nelson.. no excuses now, we beat you fair and square

not to mention you had home court advantage so i say that, at the very least that

Absolutely not. Not to take anything away from the Magic, because you're right, you beat us fair and square as injuries are part of the game, but to say that not having KG is comparable to not having Jameer Nelson is just wrong.

danidin
07-18-2009, 07:12 PM
1. Cavs
2. C's
3. Lakers
4. Megic
5. Spurs

laboy09
07-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Absolutely not. Not to take anything away from the Magic, because you're right, you beat us fair and square as injuries are part of the game, but to say that not having KG is comparable to not having Jameer Nelson is just wrong.

How is it wrong may I ask?

ko8e24
07-18-2009, 07:24 PM
completely biased....

1. Bulls
2. Bulls
3. Bulls
4. Bulls
5. Bulls

awesome!

SoxRTattedOnMe
07-18-2009, 07:27 PM

No he's totally right Nelson can b put in the same sentence as KG almost the same caliber of a player TOTALLY DUDE

SoxRTattedOnMe
07-18-2009, 07:28 PM

Simple with KG

BOSTON destroyed LA

ronaldsmith_86
07-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Lakers
Spurs
Celtics
Magic
Cavs

laboy09
07-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Simple with KG

BOSTON destroyed LA

I know boston destroyed LA . That must explain why the Celts didnt make it far in the playoffs.

Unec
07-18-2009, 07:43 PM
1.boston (most weapons)
2.lakers (kobe,champs,artest)
3.spurs (duncan,experience,jefferson)
4.orlando (dwight,carter,more experience)
5.cavs (lebron, shaq)

randomness
07-18-2009, 08:15 PM
My top 5:

1. Orlando Magic

Howard/Gortat
Bass/Anderson
Lewis/Pietrus
Carter/Redick
Nelson/Johnson

2. Boston Celtics

Perkins/Wallace
Garnett/Giddens/Scalabrine
Pierce/Walker
Allen/Allen
Rondo/House

3. San Antonio Spurs

Duncan/Bonner
McDyess/Blair/Hill
Jefferson/Finley
Mason/Ginobili
Parker/Williams

4. LA Lakers

Bynum/Mbenga
Gasol/Powell
Artest/Walton/Morrison
Bryant/Vujacic
Fisher/Brown/Farmar/Yue

5. Miami Heat/Cleveland Cavaliers

O'Neal/Blount/Anthony
Odom/Haslem
Beasley/Moon/Wright/Diawara
Wade/Cook/Jones
Chalmers/Quinn

SiteWolf
07-18-2009, 08:46 PM
completely biased....

1. Bulls
2. Bulls
3. Bulls
4. Bulls
5. Bulls

Bill Swerski...how ya been?!

Iron24th
07-18-2009, 08:59 PM
My top 5:

1. Orlando Magic

Howard/Gortat
Bass/Anderson
Lewis/Pietrus
Carter/Redick
Nelson/Johnson

2. Boston Celtics

Perkins/Wallace
Garnett/Giddens/Scalabrine
Pierce/Walker
Allen/Allen
Rondo/House

3. San Antonio Spurs

Duncan/Bonner
McDyess/Blair/Hill
Jefferson/Finley
Mason/Ginobili
Parker/Williams

4. LA Lakers

Bynum/Mbenga
Gasol/Powell
Artest/Walton/Morrison
Bryant/Vujacic
Fisher/Brown/Farmar/Yue

5. Miami Heat/Cleveland Cavaliers

O'Neal/Blount/Anthony
Odom/Haslem
Beasley/Moon/Wright/Diawara
Wade/Cook/Jones
Chalmers/Quinn

Don't act like L.O in miami is a done deal,that's ridiculous.

Grim Reaper
07-18-2009, 09:12 PM
#1-Boston
#2-LAL
#3-Cleveland
#4-San Antonio
#5-Denver/Orlando-It's a toss up

Tommyh1331
07-18-2009, 09:20 PM

Wow..I had to read it acouple of times to see if this guy actually wrote what he did...So you are dumping on the Magic bc they got better this year! Not only are you dumping on the team that walked into your Garden last year and bombed the Celtics in game 7, but you are saying they are not top 5 material?? Ok SoxRTattedOnMe I want you to hang around Prosportsdaily until about May when the Celts are knocked out in the Semis or Conference finals and they implode due to the blame game that will happen (and it will) unlike the Celts the Magic are young and will be kicking the Celts *** for many years to come!! Ask yourself if you really want to keep talking **** like this...do you??

tsb77
07-18-2009, 10:29 PM

We're talking about a sure fire hall of famer vs. Jameer Nelson, whose a nice player don't get me wrong but he's not a franchise player like Garnett. Therefore the Celtics are hurt much more by his absence than the Magic are by Jameer's. I can't believe I have to argue this.

SoxRTattedOnMe
07-19-2009, 06:18 AM
Wow..I had to read it acouple of times to see if this guy actually wrote what he did...So you are dumping on the Magic bc they got better this year! Not only are you dumping on the team that walked into your Garden last year and bombed the Celtics in game 7, but you are saying they are not top 5 material?? Ok SoxRTattedOnMe I want you to hang around Prosportsdaily until about May when the Celts are knocked out in the Semis or Conference finals and they implode due to the blame game that will happen (and it will) unlike the Celts the Magic are young and will be kicking the Celts *** for many years to come!! Ask yourself if you really want to keep talking **** like this...do you??

1st things 1st please update your sig with alston on it... thanks so for years to come... how many yrs you say?? I know perkins is a year younger than dwight and he does fairly well against him. Rondo is 4yrs younger than nelson
pierce and vince are the same age... Lewis isn't that young himself soooo how will they be whooping them for years to come?

rufo4100
07-19-2009, 09:44 AM
1. Boston
2. Lakers
3. Spurs
4. Cavs
5. Dallas

6. Orlando....I actually think they will be worse this year without Hedo and having Vince instead.

mcb
07-19-2009, 10:02 AM
lakers won for one reason, NO KG in th playoffs, so w that said

Boston
cleveland
lakers
orlando
spurs

not a boston fan by th way

mser58
07-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Boston
LA
San Antonio
Cleveland
Orlando

ragee
07-19-2009, 10:18 AM

He is brought in for consistency... Nowadays, all he wants to do is shoot jumpshots... He'll get plenty of that because of Dwight... I think he is a good fit for Orlando... Now that they have Bass and stabbed Cuban in the back to get Gortat, I am liking the deal... I will still miss Lee though and I still think Otis was a prick! Here is my list:

1. Orlando
2. Celtics
3. Lakers (if they can't sign Odom, that is a whole different story)
4. Spurs
5. Cavs (Although I want the Mavs to be in this spot) Even if they are overrated, Lebron is Lebron and will continue to dominate 90% of the time...

knickerbockerny
07-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
Cleveland Cavs
Denver Nuggets
Orlando Magic

Raidaz4Life
07-19-2009, 10:27 AM
1. Lakers- You got to give it to them because there the champs and the added Ron Artest although I think with the loss of Ariza and most likely losing Lamar Odom really hurts there bench and are a very thin team.

2. Celtics- Very close second here. The Celtics have done this off season what they have had to do with the bench with the signing on Rasheed Wallace. A guy who adds length, great defense and a scorer off the bench as the backup PF/C and the recent signing of Marquis Daniels who adds a slasher offensively and a good defender at the backup SF position. They still need a backup PG which Iím certain they will address.

3. Cavs- The Cavs who won 66 games last season added Shaq who I have mixed feeling about. When the Cavs were going good offensively they were a running team and with Shaq there I think it could hurt them offensively and he can't defend the pick and roll and does not match up with a Dwight Howard or a Kevin Garnett or Rasheed Wallace anymore. They still have a great starting lineup with of course the King and Mo Williams but I just donít see how Shaq at this point in his career makes them so much better.

4. Magic- The eastern conference champions will be in the mix again with Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis leading the charge. The loss of Hedo Turkoglu is huge. His ability too be able to play in transition and knocking down in 3ís and matchup with both small forwards and power forwards on the defensive end will be missed. Vince Carter I think itís a nice addition but they donít matchup as well with the Celtics or Cavs as they did with Turkoglu and I think that will hurt them a bit but will still be in the top 3 in the east.

5. Spurs- Have made great additions with Richard Jefferson and Antonio Mcdyess to play alongside the Spurs version of the big three ( Duncan, Ginoboli and Parker) which should be dynamitic offensively and as long as Tim Duncan is there will be very good defensively. There in the west and itís a dogfight every single day with the Lakers Nuggets and up and coming such as the Blazers and the new look Mavericks. I see them having the 2nd best record in the West but donít see them as strong as the Celtics Cavs or Magic in the east.

This

magic4life
07-19-2009, 10:29 AM
1st things 1st please update your sig with alston on it... thanks so for years to come... how many yrs you say?? I know perkins is a year younger than dwight and he does fairly well against him. Rondo is 4yrs younger than nelson
pierce and vince are the same age... Lewis isn't that young himself soooo how will they be whooping them for years to come?

Lets just not mention KG, Allen, and Pierce..

Yes, as a magic fan i will be scared to death to face perkins and rondo for years to come

but my top 5 teams (if healthy, and if lamar returns to LA)
1) LA
2) Boston
3) Orlando
4) SA
5) Doesnt matter

IMO, the nba championship will go to those 4 teams

J-Relo
07-19-2009, 10:46 AM

Boston
cleveland
lakers
orlando
spurs

at least KG fan... :clap::smoking:

mcb
07-19-2009, 12:10 PM
not even, but i must say i havnt seen someone dominate th playoffs th way he did 2 seasons ago since wade did in 06...

blah-blah
07-19-2009, 12:35 PM
1.)Cavaliers
2.)Celtics
3.)Lakers
4.)Magic
5.)Nuggets

blah-blah
07-19-2009, 12:42 PM
1. clippers
2. thunder
3. knicks
4. timberwolves
5. chuck norris

for real...

1. lakers
2. cavs
3. celtics
4. spurs
5. magic

how are the mavs on your list? no disrespect but common.

lakers #1 from a cav fan?dont see that often but IMO i think lakers are number 3

franey25
07-19-2009, 12:46 PM
in order from best to worst assuming there 100% healthy
1.celtics
2.lakers
3.spurs
4.magic
5.cavs

and a close 6th was dallas

MagicDojo
07-19-2009, 01:27 PM

I was waiting for someone to mention that.:rock:

Emphatiic
07-19-2009, 01:54 PM
completely biased....

1. Bulls
2. Bulls
3. Bulls
4. Bulls
5. Bulls

x2

laboy09
07-19-2009, 02:02 PM

Boston
cleveland
lakers
orlando
spurs

LOL wow dude you seriously think the lakers won cause KG wasnt in the playoffs. For once KG is overrated and has turned into a punk since he has been with Boston.

SB75
07-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Celtics
Cavs
Spurs
Lakers
Nuggets

willthethrill22
07-19-2009, 02:36 PM
the spurs just need a healthy season and they should be at the top

1.Spurs
2.Lakers
3.Celtics
4.Magic
5.Cavs

ko8e24
07-19-2009, 02:39 PM
1.)Cavaliers
2.)Celtics
3.)Lakers
4.)Magic
5.)Nuggets

Lakers 3rd, lol. and Where are Spurs??

ko8e24
07-19-2009, 02:43 PM
the spurs just need a healthy season and they should be at the top

1.Spurs
2.Lakers
3.Celtics
4.Magic
5.Cavs

bench is too thin, dont u think?

my guess is starts

PG Parker
SG Mason
SF Jefferson
PF McDyess
C Duncan

Bench

Ginobili
Hill
Blair
(pretty thin)

clevelafan4life
07-19-2009, 02:52 PM

1) Orlando Magic
2) Los Angeles Lakers
3) Boston Celtics
4) San Antonio Spurs

How????? did u come up with this?

Orlando lost Turk and added Carter??? the only reason they made it to the finals because of mis matchs and the 3 ball. So they wont be in the top 10

Lakers there going to be good but they lost Ariza and probally Odom. And only added hot head Arrtest. SO idk we have to wait for the season.

Boston Is old.Wallace isnt that effective anymore. KG is coming back from a knee injury. How many Old Stars have came back from a knee injury to preform like they used to or even close?

Spurs There getting old to. ALl depends on injurys

Mavs How are they on your list??????

Finally I'm tired of everyone HATEING ON THE CAVS
they had the best season record last year. They added a center who will shut down any other center. Plus added a tall guard. ANdy can guard KG or Wallce

SO my rankings are this

1) Cavs

after 1 who cares bout anything else?

ko8e24
07-19-2009, 03:05 PM
How????? did u come up with this?

Orlando lost Turk and added Carter??? the only reason they made it to the finals because of mis matchs and the 3 ball. So they wont be in the top 10

Lakers there going to be good but they lost Ariza and probally Odom. And only added hot head Arrtest. SO idk we have to wait for the season.

Boston Is old.Wallace isnt that effective anymore. KG is coming back from a knee injury. How many Old Stars have came back from a knee injury to preform like they used to or even close?

Spurs There getting old to. ALl depends on injurys

Mavs How are they on your list??????

Finally I'm tired of everyone HATEING ON THE CAVS
they had the best season record last year. They added a center who will shut down any other center. Plus added a tall guard. ANdy can guard KG or Wallce

SO my rankings are this

1) Cavs

after 1 who cares bout anything else?

Lebron > (but not equal to) God, everyone salivates over his basketballs, he so good that if he wanted to he can dunk on himself, he's definitely better than MJ, Kobe wished he accomplished everything Lebron has done, he has the best t-shirts, the best commcericals, his puppets kicks kobe's puppet and lil dez's pupetts' ***, he can jump higher than kobe over a car, he will lead shaq to his 5th title, Michael Jordan was the first Lebron James, Lebron is an innovated has he brought the crab dribble to the great game of basketball, he never travels, he never charges, he gives me the biggest erection..... (jizzin in my pants) :rolleyes:

dre1990
07-19-2009, 03:23 PM
1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Spurs
4. Magic
5. Cavs