PDA

View Full Version : Teams intrested in Battier?

DRE'-MAC
07-17-2009, 10:13 PM
With Yao out, T-Mac out and Artest gone, the Rockets are looking to get younger/rebuild and quicker. They signed Ariza who is a younger version of Battier so its most likely that Battier is on his way out. Which teams would likely be interested in him? I know the Blazers probably are. They need a good defender and have been intrested in him for a while. Which other teams?

dolfan720
07-17-2009, 10:16 PM
the rockets arnt trading battier

Kakaroach
07-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Why would they trade Battier? He isn't old, trading T-Mac would make much more sense.

dwadefan03
07-17-2009, 10:28 PM
yeah ariza can play the 2 as well

ItsTheLastAce
07-17-2009, 10:47 PM
damn i would love battier on the lakers, sasha and a second round? lol wishfull thinking

B.JenningsMVP
07-17-2009, 10:57 PM
He'd fit great in a contending teams.

Wilson
07-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Battier could help any contender. He's a great defender and great team-mate.

Raph12
07-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Battier for Gortat straight up come Dec 15th, lets hope your Australian Center bombs this season and you really want Gortat

Wilson
07-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Battier for Gortat straight up come Dec 15th, lets hope your Australian Center bombs this season and you really want Gortat

Houston aren't going to trade Battier for Gortat straight up...

Durant is hype
07-17-2009, 11:54 PM
Houston aren't going to trade Battier for Gortat straight up...

Why not their rebuilding,also with Yao Ming out they need a Center. That deal is not bad as it seems,both team improves.

zambo4president
07-18-2009, 12:07 AM
TT,Kirk and 1 future first.

dtmagnet
07-18-2009, 12:13 AM
I can't think of any team in the league that wouldn't want Battier, I know I'd love him on the Raptors but can't think of anything the Rockets would want from us for him.

DQL
07-18-2009, 12:15 AM
I'd love to have him on the Heat, but sadly the Heat don't have the pieces that would interest the Rockets (Beasley is not for trade)

SouljahPhil...
07-18-2009, 12:19 AM
I would love to have battier in La but no pieces to give houston..

Rylz
07-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Utah will take him. What do you want?

TheGsw
07-18-2009, 12:34 AM
If the lakers happend to get Battier,which i doubt lol
they will be the most dominant team!

WadeCounty
07-18-2009, 12:50 AM
shane battier is the ONE REALISTIC guy i want for the heat :(

Wilson
07-18-2009, 01:07 AM
Why not their rebuilding,also with Yao Ming out they need a Center. That deal is not bad as it seems,both team improves.

Who says they're re-building? They're obviously going to struggle with Yao possibly missing the season, but that doesn't mean they're just packing in and starting again.

Even if they were, they could get more for Battier than Gortat. I do like Gortat, he's a good defensive center, but he's not a guy you trade your leader for. He can play some solid defense and rebound, but he's not a corner stone, he's a role player (with a long contract). The Rockets could probably get a much better player or combination of picks for Battier.

The Rockets already have two good PGs and two good PFs.

solelimited
07-18-2009, 01:20 AM
every team that thinks they are contending for a title would love to have him.

rjvacad
07-18-2009, 01:22 AM
I would love to have battier in La but no pieces to give houston..

Yeah Battier on the Lakers, give them Farmar, Sasha, Morrison and Powell. :cool:

Tha_Tinman
07-18-2009, 01:26 AM
Battier stays and if we win this season he will retire a Rocket!

Wizard of O's
07-18-2009, 01:28 AM

Battier's value exceeds well beyond just Gortat.

Battier to Portland for Pryzbilia and Travis Outlaw.

SUPER5
07-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Trade farmar, and a filler(morisson idk) n a pick for him! Just wishful thinking

Bruno
07-18-2009, 04:17 AM
Every team in the NBA should be interested in Battier. The no stat allstar.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/magazine/15Battier-t.html

asandhu23
07-18-2009, 04:37 AM
damn i would love battier on the lakers, sasha and a second round? lol wishfull thinking

wow... lakers fans really are greedy

K.R.
07-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Utah will take him. What do you want?

Deron Williams

Brooks
Battier
Landry
Future pick

TheGsw
07-18-2009, 05:10 AM
Hes the best fit for l.a

Kakaroach
07-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Battier's value exceeds well beyond just Gortat.

Battier to Portland for Pryzbilia and Travis Outlaw. That sounds fair for both sides actually. I still don't think that the Rockets should trade him though.

Sports Illustrator
07-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Shane Battier has proven to be a great player. If he does he traded, he will be traded in exchange for good enough value. He played great especially in the playoffs and played great defense against Kobe. He gave it his all.

According to reports, the Rockets tried trading Shane Battier along with Aaron Brooks to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Ricky Rubio. The Timberwolves ended up rejecting that trade. So the Rockets would definitely be willing to trade Shane Battier in the right deal.

For T-mac however, the asking price will likely be a lot less. I am sure they will try to get some type of prospect/solid player or a future pick if possible, along with an expiring contract.

Kabowdos
07-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Why is this thread even going on when there is no real evidence that this may even happen? This is stupid to even discuss IMO.

blah-blah
07-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Battier would be a perfect fit for the raptors i could see a deal like

Raptors {Ukic,George,S&T Delfino,Cash} for Rockets {Battier,Future Considerations}

The reason the rockets would do this is because they are rebuilding they get Ukic a young talented PG with an expiring contract. George cant really do much but he is a 2m expiring contract. They get a good young SG in Delfino. And Cash everyone likes.

The reason why the Raptors would do it is because it would complete there starting five by adding a great defensive presence and a guy that can do other stuff.

Bargnani
Bosh
Turkoglu
Battier
Calderon

SensandRaps
07-18-2009, 11:50 AM
^^i would like him on the raps but instead of ukic cuz the rockets already have two good pgs cant we use that trade exception we got in the hedo deal(im pretty sure we got one of around 3 mill) that way rockets have to take on less money they get an expiring in George and Delfino might come back for less if he knows hes actually going to get playing time so my offer would be something like

George(expiring)+S&T Delfino+trade exception for Battier thoughts?

blah-blah
07-18-2009, 11:55 AM
^^i would like him on the raps but instead of ukic cuz the rockets already have two good pgs cant we use that trade exception we got in the hedo deal(im pretty sure we got one of around 3 mill) that way rockets have to take on less money they get an expiring in George and Delfino might come back for less if he knows hes actually going to get playing time so my offer would be something like

George(expiring)+S&T Delfino+trade exception for Battier thoughts?

we traded the trade exception to orlando to get are MLE,LLE,VET MIN back

SensandRaps
07-18-2009, 12:01 PM
oh ok how about
George+S&T Delfino+Banks+2nd round pick for Battier

i know ppl dont want banks but with houstons back court taking a hit he might get playing time and thats why i added a pick into it also

crc9246
07-18-2009, 12:05 PM
The Nets should look at making a trade for him like a package of Keyon Dooling, Trenton Hassell, and Eduardo Najera... which would Leave NJ with T-Will, Bobby Simmons, Battier, and Hayes at the Small Forward Position....Idk if courtney Lee can be a starter yet

Wilson
07-18-2009, 12:11 PM
wow... lakers fans really are greedy

:laugh2: :laugh2:

What can I say? We're still one championship behind Boston...

Shane Battier has proven to be a great player. If he does he traded, he will be traded in exchange for good enough value. He played great especially in the playoffs and played great defense against Kobe. He gave it his all.

According to reports, the Rockets tried trading Shane Battier along with Aaron Brooks to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Ricky Rubio. The Timberwolves ended up rejecting that trade. So the Rockets would definitely be willing to trade Shane Battier in the right deal.

For T-mac however, the asking price will likely be a lot less. I am sure they will try to get some type of prospect/solid player or a future pick if possible, along with an expiring contract.

I don't know if they'll value an expiring too much. They already have T-Mac coming off the books next summer, and potentially $34'177'481 in total coming off (although I expect them to use some of that to re-sign Brooks, Scola and possibly an extention for Yao).

Battier would be a perfect fit for the raptors i could see a deal like

Raptors {Ukic,George,S&T Delfino,Cash} for Rockets {Battier,Future Considerations}

The reason the rockets would do this is because they are rebuilding they get Ukic a young talented PG with an expiring contract. George cant really do much but he is a 2m expiring contract. They get a good young SG in Delfino. And Cash everyone likes.

The reason why the Raptors would do it is because it would complete there starting five by adding a great defensive presence and a guy that can do other stuff.

Bargnani
Bosh
Turkoglu
Battier
Calderon

The Rockets aren't re-building. Lets say that Yao does miss the whole season, and the Rockets stumble along with no post threat, and possibly no scoring threat (I don't have a clue what's going on with T-Mac any more). All that means is they get a high pick in the draft to pair with a healthy Yao the next season, and maybe a nice free agent with all that money the next summer. There's no need for them to unload Battier for tiny pieces right now, when next year they could have this starting line-up:

Brooks
Wade? Fernandez?
Battier/Ariza
Bosh? Amare?/Scola
Yao/Przybilla?*

Plus one high draft pick...

The Rockets have way too many options to trade Battier for cap space...

*Obviously Houston can't afford all those guys (some of them have options to return to their current teams as well), but you get the idea...:p

Toenail Clipper
07-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah Battier on the Lakers, give them Farmar, Sasha, Morrison and Powell. :cool:

Heckkkkkk nooooo!
You don't give up Farmar, Morrison, and Powell.
The freak! You only give up Sasha, Luke and that Chinese guy so he can play some minutes. :up:

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Heckkkkkk nooooo!
You don't give up Farmar, Morrison, and Powell.
The freak! You only give up Sasha, Luke and that Chinese guy so he can play some minutes. :up:

dont want any of them sorry players.lol

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-18-2009, 12:30 PM
:laugh2: :laugh2:

What can I say? We're still one championship behind Boston...

I don't know if they'll value an expiring too much. They already have T-Mac coming off the books next summer, and potentially $34'177'481 in total coming off (although I expect them to use some of that to re-sign Brooks, Scola and possibly an extention for Yao).

The Rockets aren't re-building. Lets say that Yao does miss the whole season, and the Rockets stumble along with no post threat, and possibly no scoring threat (I don't have a clue what's going on with T-Mac any more). All that means is they get a high pick in the draft to pair with a healthy Yao the next season, and maybe a nice free agent with all that money the next summer. There's no need for them to unload Battier for tiny pieces right now, when next year they could have this starting line-up:

Brooks
Wade? Fernandez?
Battier/Ariza
Bosh? Amare?/Scola
Yao/Przybilla?*

Plus one high draft pick...

The Rockets have way too many options to trade Battier for cap space...

*Obviously Houston can't afford all those guys (some of them have options to return to their current teams as well), but you get the idea...:p

how about this?
pg- aaron brooks, kyle lowry
sg- dwayne wade, trevor ariza, jermaine taylor
sf- battier, chase budinger, james white
pf- chris bosh, luis scola, carl landry
c- yao, joey dorsey, david anderson

Sports Illustrator
07-18-2009, 12:32 PM

They will definitely be looking for players that will become free agents next summer, if they officially do decide to trade T-mac. I am sure that they won't be looking to acquire players with long contracts to match T-mac's entire salary. Keep in mind that T-mac will be getting paid almost $23 mill next season. Like you said, it is likely that they would rather re-sign their own players like Brooks and Scola rather than to bring in other players with longer contracts who may not help the team as much.

Bausman
07-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Ya... he would fit in well on any team but he seems like a perfect in the San Antonio system.

Ni55anpat
07-18-2009, 12:40 PM

:eyebrow:

jimbobjarree
07-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Boozer for him+filler

Wilson
07-18-2009, 12:49 PM
how about this?
pg- aaron brooks, kyle lowry
sg- dwayne wade, trevor ariza, jermaine taylor
sf- battier, chase budinger, james white
pf- chris bosh, luis scola, carl landry
c- yao, joey dorsey, david anderson

You won't get Wade and Bosh, they might both command over $18 million.

They will definitely be looking for players that will become free agents next summer, if they officially do decide to trade T-mac. I am sure that they won't be looking to acquire players with long contracts to match T-mac's entire salary. Keep in mind that T-mac will be getting paid almost $23 mill next season. Like you said, it is likely that they would rather re-sign their own players like Brooks and Scola rather than to bring in other players with longer contracts who may not help the team as much.

I think they value Battier too highly. Like I showed before, if they just let T-Mac's contract expire, they've got a ton of options next summer.

Say they do get an irresistable offer for McGrady though, then you're probably right that they probably wouldn't mind losing Battier for expirings and using Ariza as their starting SF.

Right now though I think their best bet is to just let McGrady expire.

DRE'-MAC
07-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Some ideas

1. Shane Battier for Delonte West, Darnell Jackson and Jawad Williams

Gives Cavs a great defender next to Lebron and lets Anthony Parker get more minutes at SG and Daniel Gibson at PG/SG. Rockets get Delonte West who is still 25 and fills their need at SG.

2. Shane Battier for John Salmons

Bulls have no perimeter defenders. Rockets have no scoring wings.

3. Shane Battier for Mickael Pietrus and Anthony Johnson

Mickael Pietrus is a lot like Battier IMO. Great defender but hes a bit better at scoring.

4. Shane Battier for Javale McGee, Mike James and Nick Young

Washingtons starting 5 would be nasty. Agent 0, Butler, Battier, Jamison, Haywood

5. Shane Battier for JR Smith

Nuggets lost Dahntay Jones, their only defender. They get one of the best defenders and the Rockets get a young scorer

6. Shane Battier for Kyle Weaver and Nenad Kristic

If the Thunder think Serge Ibaka and BJ Mullens can carry the load at Center then I can see this trade going down. Shane Battier coming off the bench and helping KD lead this young team into the playoffs.

7. Shane Battier for Rudy Fernandez and Travis Outlaw

Blazers have had interest in Battier for a while. They get him and Rockets pick up two young players who can help immedeatly.

8. Shane Battier and Carl Landry for Rudy Fernandez, Travis Outlaw and Joel Pryzbilla

Same as trade above but Rockets get a center and the Blazers get Carl Landry who can back up Aldridge and now they won't have to go spend all their money on Millsap or Lee.

9. Shane Battier and James White for Ronnie Brewer, Kosta Koufos and Matt Harpring (bought out or retires)

Rockets get a young center and SG. Jazz get a great defender and a player who has the potential to be a good player but right now is just a great dunker

10. Shane Battier and Brian Cook for Carlos Boozer (I wish)

If the Jazz were really desperate to move Boozer

jimbobjarree
07-18-2009, 01:23 PM
lol at the koufos one, I like the Boozer one though I'd expect the Jazz would ask for more than Cook as filler.

Kakaroach
07-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Boozer for him+filler Better than the BS offers from the Heat and Bulls but still not good enough. Battier and Scola for Boozer?

arifhossain17
07-18-2009, 01:34 PM
i dont they will trade battier, their glue guy, but mcgrady could be more than likely outta there if their front office have any sense so they can get new solid role players around their young core of ariza,wafer, and brooks.

tland22
07-18-2009, 01:42 PM
i doubt they trade Battier...he is more valuable than just just stats obviously. He is a player that would be hard to get from Houston. A team would have to give up more than they think because to Houston he is more valuable to them than people think.

GiantMetKnick
07-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Are they intrested in or interested in Battier?

JOSKOMANG4
07-18-2009, 01:55 PM
I have shane battier going to the Jazz in my mega 4 TEAM TRADE!!

BULLS, JAZZ, HORNETS, AND ROCKETS

- ROCKETS ACQUIRE AK-47 & TYSON CHANDLER
* ROCKETS, AFTER LAST SEASON, WON'T AGREE TO REBUILD, ESPECIALLY AFTER BRINGING IN TREVOR ARIZA. ACQUIRING AK-47 & TYSON CHANDLER TO REPLACE BATTIER AND T-MAC. THE BATTIER TRADE IS ROUGH BUT AK-47 GIVES THE ROCKETS THE VERSATILITY TO PLAY EITHER PF-SF. TYSON CHANDLER WILL BE A GREAT REPLACEMENT FOR YAO(SEASON-ENDING SURGERY).

- JAZZ ACQUIRE SHANE BATTIER, MORRIS PETERSON, ANTONIO DANIELS, AND JEROME JAMES
* WITH THIS DEAL, THE JAZZ WILL BUYOUT BOTH THE CONTRACTS OF A. DANIELS AND JEROME JAMES FOR 5 MILL EACH; THUS SAVING THEM 3 MILLION TOTAL FOR NEXT SEASON. SHANE BATTIER BRINGS IN HIS HARDNOSE PLAYING THAT CAN BE SUPPORTED EITHER AT THE STARTING ROLE, OR THE BENCH. MORRIS PETERSON ADDS ANOTHER VETERAN TO THE BENCH THAT CAN EITHER PLAY SF OR SG. WITH THE DEAL, THEY DEAL BOOZER TO MAKE ROOM FOR MILLSAP, AS WELL AS RELINQUISHING THE CONTRACT OF AK-47.

- HORNETS ACQUIRE TYRUS THOMAS AND T-MAC
* HORNETS SHOW CHRIS PAUL THEY WANT TO CONTEND, AND IF HEALTHY, T-MAC CAN PROVIDE THAT OFFENSE THAT NEW ORLEANS DESPERATELY NEEDS. THEY ALSO ACQUIRE TYRUS THOMAS, THE HOME-GROWN KID FROM LSU.

- BULLS ACQUIRE CARLOS BOOZER
* BULLS GET THAT FRONT COURT PRESENT THEY NEED BY ONLY DEALING TYRUS THOMAS AND THE CONTRACT OF JEROME JAMES.

Sports Illustrator
07-18-2009, 02:00 PM

I think they value Battier too highly. Like I showed before, if they just let T-Mac's contract expire, they've got a ton of options next summer.

Say they do get an irresistable offer for McGrady though, then you're probably right that they probably wouldn't mind losing Battier for expirings and using Ariza as their starting SF.

If they are going to trade T-mac, it will be for expiring contracts, a pick and/or a prospect or a solid player. In this way, it doesn't hurt them next year and they'd still have a lot of options either way. Its going to be almost the same thing as far as their salary cap. If they are not going to get that kind of value for T-Mac, then they won't trade him at all.

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-18-2009, 04:43 PM

i agree i just hope we can get one of the two.

mrblisterdundee
07-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Portland would be very interested in Shane Battier. He is exactly what the Blazers need at small forward. He could change the entire defensive mindset.