PDA

View Full Version : Yao out, Artest Gone? Houston rebuilding?

solelimited
07-17-2009, 08:01 PM
With Yao out for the Year, Artest gone, who knows whats going with t-mac. Is it time for Houston to rebuild?

Jays Claw
07-17-2009, 08:03 PM
They are going to be a competitive rebuilding team.

FlakeyFool
07-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Trade battier to someone else so theres absolutely nobody on the Rockets then.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-17-2009, 08:06 PM
I think they are just preparing for when Yao comes back.

They obviosly don't make the playoffs this year unless a miracle happens like Mcgrady for a full year but I think they give young guys more playing time and wait for Yao to come back.

solelimited
07-17-2009, 08:10 PM
should they trade T-mac, and Battier to make a run at someone in 2010 or to completely rebuild?

RocketsFan4Life
07-17-2009, 08:11 PM
With Yao out for the Year, Artest gone, who knows whats going with t-mac. Is it time for Houston to rebuild?
well you did see us vs the lakers right no t-mac no yao and artest did nothing basically

thank you at least someone thinks so

Trade battier to someone else so theres absolutely nobody on the Rockets then.
what is your deal do you want battier for your team or you dont like the fact that battier shuts down your teams star

I think they are just preparing for when Yao comes back.

They obviously don't make the playoffs this year unless a miracle happens like Mcgrady for a full year but I think they give young guys more playing time and wait for Yao to come back.

what are you saying dont get on your high horse cause now you got hedo did you see what we did to the lakers I know we will make believer out of everyone this season

Jays Claw
07-17-2009, 08:15 PM
The Rockets are a scary running team with players like Aaron Brooks, Chase Budinger and Shane Battier.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-17-2009, 08:19 PM
what are you saying dont get on your high horse cause now you got hedo did you see what we did to the lakers I know we will make believer out of everyone this season

That was 7 games.

Can the Rockets play like that for a whole 82 games and win enough to make the playoffs? Luck runs out eventually.

yojoe792
07-17-2009, 08:40 PM
They should be rebuilding, which is why I don't understand the 5 year contract to ariza.

mrblisterdundee
07-17-2009, 08:51 PM
It is time for Houston to rebuild. They should trade Shane Battier to the Blazers in exchange for Travis Outlaw and Martell Webster.

Ballah0liC1
07-17-2009, 09:05 PM
They should be rebuilding, which is why I don't understand the 5 year contract to ariza.

it was almost free it was an exception, and we are rebuilding but it wont be too long, we saved money not signing artest, tmac expires 23 mil and hey look were in the big names sweepstakes if we get one player,we still have yao coming back, arizas young and become a great role player, and look we have a contending team

Hawkeye15
07-17-2009, 09:08 PM
they are the definition of rebuilding on the fly. I think they will end up around 12-13 in the lottery, get a great pick, and have cap money next summer, in a big market. They will be back in action the season after next. Morey is a great GM. They have good players with reasonable deals on thier team, and a good coach. Houston will only have to suffer for a season

Jays Claw
07-17-2009, 09:33 PM
I am pretty sure they will let Tracy McGrady walk after next season.

So who will the Rockets rebuild around?

Hawkeye15
07-17-2009, 09:36 PM
I am pretty sure they will let Tracy McGrady walk after next season.

So who will the Rockets rebuild around?

even if Yao reups his deal, Houston is a hot spot for free agents. They should really chase Joe Johnson imo. If not, there will be a couple guys they can get for that expiring McGrady money

htown_staydown
07-17-2009, 09:46 PM
i think their semi-rebuilding, yao resigns and they make a run for bosh in 2010

RocketsFan4Life
07-17-2009, 10:01 PM
That was 7 games.

Can the Rockets play like that for a whole 82 games and win enough to make the playoffs? Luck runs out eventually.

yes it was 7 games but no other team did that it was all without are big 3 artest was there but wasent there at the same time

slaker619
07-17-2009, 10:04 PM
There Only Chance Is To Trade T-Mac

Paulliwali
07-17-2009, 10:43 PM
or wait for 2010 for big agent, since if u trade t-mac u will most likely to receive a big contract

astrosmaniac
07-17-2009, 11:32 PM
It is time for Houston to rebuild. They should trade Shane Battier to the Blazers in exchange for Travis Outlaw and Martell Webster.

that would be stupid for the rockets. their deepest position is SF, so why would they trade for 2 more?

Raps08-09 Champ
07-17-2009, 11:56 PM
yes it was 7 games but no other team did that it was all without are big 3 artest was there but wasent there at the same time

Okay they can do that for 7 games. What about the other 75 games in the season.

With that roster, they aren't lasting an 82 game season.

tland22
07-18-2009, 02:06 PM
No they need to make a run for tyson chandler NOW. He is only 26

Wilson
07-18-2009, 02:16 PM
This is what I said about Houston re-building in a different thread:

The Rockets aren't re-building. Lets say that Yao does miss the whole season, and the Rockets stumble along with no post threat, and possibly no scoring threat (I don't have a clue what's going on with T-Mac any more). All that means is they get a high pick in the draft to pair with a healthy Yao the next season, and maybe a nice free agent with all that money the next summer. There's no need for them to unload Battier for tiny pieces right now, when next year they could have this starting line-up:

Brooks
Wade? Fernandez?
Battier/Ariza
Bosh? Amare?/Scola
Yao/Przybilla?*

Plus one high draft pick...

The Rockets have way too many options to trade Battier for cap space...

*Obviously Houston can't afford all those guys (some of them have options to return to their current teams as well), but you get the idea...:p

EDIT: Don't forget that unless they decide to trade Tracy McGrady, the Rockets have the ability to shed over $34 million from their pay-roll next summer. I expect them to use some of that to re-sign Aaron Brooks and Luis Scola, as well as a possibly Yao extention.

AWC713
07-18-2009, 02:43 PM
would battier for oden make sense?

AWC713
07-18-2009, 02:43 PM
or battier + x for oden?

Wrightw/Reyes19
07-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Brooks, Lowry, Ariza, Hayes n Landry are good young experienced player

then we got Budinger n Dorsey who are playin solid summer ball

mix in vet ballers like Battier, Scola, n T-Mac(if not traded)

HOU is a solid team that will play great D n run the floor faster
we have pieces to trade(Landry/T-mac/Battier) if we want to rebuild, but i think Morey is gonna let this team work itself out w/o our Big Center

Wilson
07-18-2009, 02:56 PM
would battier for oden make sense?

Portland could easily win with that line-up. Przybilla is a very solid center. I don't know if they do want to lose Oden though, I would think they still want to see what he can give them in the future.

I don't like it for Houston. Like I detailed before, I think they're going to be at the top of the league next season, no matter what happens this season. I don't think they want to lose their leader for a C who may or may not become great.

NYMetros
07-18-2009, 02:56 PM
I was watching some summer league games and I think they had the GM of the Rockets as a guest talking with the two commentator guys. Anyway, the guy said Houston is looking to be more of an uptempo team and will try to utilize the fast break more often now. I think that is the perfet fit for them seeing as they are quicker now and don't have to accomodate Yao.

Wilson
07-18-2009, 02:58 PM
I was watching some summer league games and I think they had the GM of the Rockets as a guest talking with the two commentator guys. Anyway, the guy said Houston is looking to be more of an uptempo team and will try to utilize the fast break more often now. I think that is the perfet fit for them seeing as they are quicker now and don't have to accomodate Yao.

Aaron Brooks and Trevor Ariza could be an awesome fast break...:drool:

brandt
07-18-2009, 05:03 PM

Well said. People who think the Rockets should rebuild obviusoly are just looking for a conversation piece, or haven't been paying attention to the Rockets team that took the Lakers to 7 games without Yao and Tmac. People Are sick of hearing that, but it's true. And the team that got them as far as they did, is basically the same team without Artest and Von Wafer. Those two guys didn't do it by themselves and the Rockets DID get Trever A, a couple very good draft picks, and still have the Mid-Level Exception. Don't forget they won 22 games in a row 2 years ago, most of those without Yao Ming, then they take the World Champions to 7 games, without Yao and Tmac. They will get Tmac back too, so anything could happen.

smuffins353
07-18-2009, 05:25 PM
first off this raptors guy needs to worry about his own team that will be absolutley terrible and probably will be trading turkoglu at the trade deadline in the next couple of years...i bet the rockets will shut the raptors out this season...

were gunna be fine were not gunna have a better record then last year but people will underestimate us and we use that to our advantage and not to mention we have one of the best coaches in the NBA..

Brooks and Scola will be allstars very soon

DetroitRipCity
07-18-2009, 05:41 PM
simple answer yes