PDA

View Full Version : Joe Johnson?

st3voness
07-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Would you guys do this trade if you knew, for a fact, that Joe Johnson would walk next offseason? You guys acquired Jamal Crawford (who is really more of a SG than a PG) and re-signed Bibby, so it seems you're a little loaded in the backcourt.

Hawks Receive:
Josh Howard
J.J. Barea
Greg Buckner ($1 million buyout)
Dallas 2011 2nd Round Pick

Mavs Receive:
Joe Johnson

ATL:
PG Bibby
SG Crawford
SF Howard
PF Smith
C Horford

6 Williams
7 Barea

DAL:
PG Kidd
SG Johnson
SF Marion
PF Nowitzki
C Dampier

6 Terry
7 Roddy

I think this trade would put both teams in the elite category in their respective conferences. Thoughts?

SB75
07-17-2009, 04:22 PM
H*ll NO.......

jwn0303
07-17-2009, 07:20 PM
No thanks. We get much, much worse with that trade, which kind of defeats the purpose of what we're trying to do.

CMO
07-17-2009, 07:31 PM
No Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JJ is staying put.

Sports Illustrator
07-17-2009, 07:36 PM
The Atlanta Hawks do not plan on trading Joe Johnson by any means. They should be thinking about trying to extend his contract in this upcoming season before a team he'd like to go to ends up offering him a max deal in the summer of 2010. He is the heart and soul of the Hawks, they should do everything they can to try to keep him.

SB75
07-17-2009, 08:48 PM
The Atlanta Hawks do not plan on trading Joe Johnson by any means. They should be thinking about trying to extend his contract in this upcoming season before a team he'd like to go to ends up offering him a max deal in the summer of 2010. He is the heart and soul of the Hawks, they should do everything they can to try to keep him.

LOL.... I don't know about heart and soul, but he is our best player currently. We should try to extend him after the Marvin signing.

Atl Bill
07-18-2009, 10:18 AM
jj is not going anywhere even after next season he really likes the situation he is in n also management is also doing a good job bringing n keeping pieces to the puzzle i am sure he'd give the hawks a decent discount to stay here

jdiddy24
07-18-2009, 06:13 PM
well we dont need Barea and if we resign Marvin we have no need for Howard (who has his own problems)... it just wouldnt make sense in any form. If we traded JJ, it would be for a C like Stoudamire or something... my guess is he will sign a hometown-friendly contract with us soon because he is very underrated in this league

jjfan122
07-18-2009, 10:07 PM

Well Said. I understand its a what if situation, but hell no! People we need to stop with the trading joe johnson threads.

bmac_121
07-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Yeah, we are definently not going to trade Joe. And even if we were, that deal wouldn't get it done. We would have to get a bonafide superstar inorder to even consider a trade imo

countrycasanova
07-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Joe is not worth a a max deal. He is a good player, but max contracts should not just be thrown around; and I don't see the Hawks throwing a max contract around anyway.