PDA

View Full Version : Chances of repeat with Odom and Ariza gone?

Leafsleeve
07-17-2009, 03:03 PM
With the loss of Trevor Ariza, and now what looks to be the loss of Lamar Odom, the Lakers have done nothing this offseason to better themselves, yes they signed Artest but that move is pointless with the loss of Ariza and Odom. A lot of teams have made major moves this offseason to contend(Celtics,Magic,Cav's,Spurs) while the lakers really did nothing. Do you agree their chance of a repeat is very slim???

kobelaughsatall
07-17-2009, 03:07 PM
well u would have to see if lamar signs first. we could surely get to the finals without him seeing as that we got to the finals without bynum and ariza in 08. right now its just a waiting game

ironkobe
07-17-2009, 03:07 PM
ya thier done if they dont get odom or someone that can replace him

itsripcity32
07-17-2009, 03:08 PM
yes

still1ballin
07-17-2009, 03:08 PM
This guy again! Ugh

Hellcrooner
07-17-2009, 03:10 PM
of course because Pau and artest are chopped meat........

oh haters, anybody has seem MORRISOn on summer league?

If odom walks you can wellcome the uptenth lakers story of turning a trash can into a valuable champioship piece.

abe_froman
07-17-2009, 03:10 PM
no.ariza got overrated fast and still fisher/kobe/artest/gasol/bynum is one of the top starting 5 in the league..than there's that phil jackson guy coming back to coach

S-Dot
07-17-2009, 03:12 PM
With the loss of Trevor Ariza, and now what looks to be the loss of Lamar Odom, the Lakers have done nothing this offseason to better themselves, yes they signed Artest but that move is pointless with the loss of Ariza and Odom. A lot of teams have made major moves this offseason to contend(Celtics,Magic,Cav's,Spurs) while the lakers really did nothing. Do you agree their chance of a repeat is very slim???

it's slimmer with odom gone but no one has a clear-cut shot right now...the players will determine that, not us.

JoeRealist
07-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Nope. Lakers are done. They'll be lucky if they get the 8th seed.

mikantsass
07-17-2009, 03:14 PM

If odom walks you can wellcome the uptenth lakers story of turning a trash can into a valuable champioship piece.

Adam Morrison? Is this guy serious?

lakerboy
07-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Lakers are still the team to beat. Artest >> Ariza. Sure we don't have Odom, but we'll gamble it on Andrew this season. Don't count us out yet, Celtic fan.

jimbobjarree
they only won last year cus KG was injured anyways :D

mikantsass
I still think they have a shot at repeating. They are still top 4 in the NBA, and they have the best player in the NBA

still1ballin
07-17-2009, 03:16 PM

Didn't you say Lakers were not going to be able to beat Denver in the playoffs and that Lakers were done?

KB24PG16
nothing is official just because the heat offered a contract doesnt mean its official at ALL no knows if he will accept it or not

Gibby23

A team with Bryant, Gasol, Artest, and The Great Adam Morrison has a chance to win every night.:D

JoeRealist
07-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Didn't you say Lakers were not going to be able to beat Denver in the playoffs and that Lakers were done?

That was before Phil whined about the refs in the PC and got the calls the rest of the series. Kobe got the star treatment like no other.

Lo Porto
07-17-2009, 03:23 PM
IF he accepts the deal, LA will have a hard time. I still like Bos and LA as the 2 top teams in the league when healthy.

GoatMilk
07-17-2009, 03:24 PM
he's not even a Heat yet.
lets calm down

Living Legend
07-17-2009, 03:24 PM
The Lakers will repeat

still1ballin
07-17-2009, 03:25 PM
That was before Phil whined about the refs in the PC and got the calls the rest of the series. Kobe got the star treatment like no other.

Right, right....how can I be so forgetful:cool:

Leafsleeve
07-17-2009, 03:26 PM
The point is, they have absolutley no depth, what are they going to have Josh Powell and Luke Walton as their backup forwards??? Yeah that's going to do well! Artest was the stupidest thing to do..... they signed the biggest whack job on a championship team Artest is one light switch from screwing up their whole season.

kobelaughsatall
07-17-2009, 03:26 PM

oh so the refs decided that game 6 blowout in which the nuggets got their arses whipped. yea right bud. u and Draco r probably the most clearly obvious laker haters, but u see he hasn't shown himself since the lakers won. maybe u should take a hint and do the same

Teeboy1487
07-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Keep talking haters. I love it. I can't wait until the lakers prove you morons wrong.

Leafsleeve
07-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Nuggets/Celtics next years finals

Hellcrooner
07-17-2009, 03:29 PM
i will repeat it

ADAM MORRISON

Mark my words,

in fact

ADAM MORRISON ON CONTRACT YEAR AND TRAINING TrIaNLe sinCe CAMP

also we should call jazz abou a sing and trade of odom for ak47

kobelaughsatall
07-17-2009, 03:30 PM
The point is, they have absolutley no depth, what are they going to have Josh Powell and Luke Walton as their backup forwards??? Yeah that's going to do well! Artest was the stupidest thing to do..... they signed the biggest whack job on a championship team Artest is one light switch from screwing up their whole season.

yea a whack job u would love to have on ur team lol. u hater u r just mad because u were hoping and praying artest didn't sign with us. y don't u go look at his numbers. artest is beast and a better pick up than rasheed wallace period

Mr.Nate30
07-17-2009, 03:32 PM
spurs/cavs finals rematch from 2007

solelimited
07-17-2009, 03:34 PM
IF odom really signs with Miami, The lakers are still the number 2 seed in the west, and have a legit shot at being the number 1 seed. Winning the title will be tougher without odom, but you cant count out a team with Kobe, Pau, Artest. Also, we really dont know how well andrew will play next year, he's gotten better every year. I say, without odom its not a for sure finals appearance, but to count them out would be a mistake.

still1ballin
07-17-2009, 03:35 PM

You should really consider leaving PSD

kobelaughsatall
07-17-2009, 03:36 PM

lol the nuggets r gonna beat spurs and lakers:laugh: year right the nuggets u would hope its the nuggets because that will be the easiest team for u to beat next year. yea right keep dreaming. what r u scared of u should want a boston vs la rematch

lowdown32
07-17-2009, 03:36 PM

still have the best coach of all time

Leafsleeve
07-17-2009, 03:37 PM
yea a whack job u would love to have on ur team lol. u hater u r just mad because u were hoping and praying artest didn't sign with us. y don't u go look at his numbers. artest is beast and a better pick up than rasheed wallace period

I love Ron Artest I grew up 2 blocks away from him in the Queensbridge projects, and he puts up numbers but he is a ticking time bomb and not a good fit for the Lakers. Better pickup then Wallace?? Absolutley but does it matter No. The Lakers aganist a healthy Celtics would get their *** kicked, THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN PROVED

S-Dot
Another Boston fans vs. Lakers fans thread...they should really have their own forum for this

solelimited
Do the people on PSD hate the lakers? or their fans? or Both?

kobelaughsatall
07-17-2009, 03:41 PM
I love Ron Artest I grew up 2 blocks away from him in the Queensbridge projects, and he puts up numbers but he is a ticking time bomb and not a good fit for the Lakers. Better pickup then Wallace?? Absolutley but does it matter No. The Lakers aganist a healthy Celtics would get their *** kicked, THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN PROVED

yea because the lakers were healthy last year:eyebrow:

Jack Daniels
07-17-2009, 03:41 PM

Please stop talking... You are always wrong.

Example 1

Nuggets WILL go up 3-1..Lakers cannot play on the road in the playoffs and will get demolished. Mark my words. You thought Houston was hostile? Wait till you see Denver..

Bye Lakers.

Yeah how did that turn out for your Nuggets? Remind me please, or I guess I can just pop in my 2009 Lakers Championship DVD when I get home.

Example 2.

Does Lamar Odom play for the LA Lakers?? LOL what a joke this guy is..He has ZERO motivation to do anything even when he has all the talent in the world. I really don't remember his name even been mentioned once tonight..He is the definition of "BUM"..talk about disappearing in important games...

Why are we done if we lose Lamar? I mean according to you it would just be a loss of a BUM??? :mad:

Do us all a favor and go away.

kv9588
07-17-2009, 03:42 PM
First of all artest is better than ariza or odom. Odom is the most inconsistent player I have ever seen and I'm glad he's likely gone. With artest we finally have a great starter at SF and if Bynum plays like he has shown he can it will be like adding artest and bynum. That's enough to take on the senior citizen celtics any day.

a-rod 4 prez
07-17-2009, 03:44 PM

wtf? the lakers will be lucky if they get the 8 seed?
whoever wrote this will be lucky if some1 ever sux ur dick again.

GHOSTSNIPER
07-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Bryant is the best player in the league.Couple that with Gasol who is the best big man in the league and you have a dangerous combination.If you want to argue about Gasol being the best big man key your DVR of the Finals against Howard.Or watch the footage from Beijing boys and girls and watch him put on a clinic against our front court.

Boston Faithful
07-17-2009, 03:47 PM

Agreed.

Most of the people posting in this thread are Lakers fans so I don't take it seriously.

Frezhnitz
07-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Geez made by a celtic fan.

Leafsleeve
07-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Senior Citizen Celtics? Last time I saw the Lakers and Celtics in a 7 game series not only did the Lakers get the *** handed to them twice over, but their was not one single matchup that the Lakers had an advantage in. Laker fans were loving Lamar as a Laker, now that he may leave they don'y need him and he is garbage. Without Lamar you would have never beat the Nuggets, and what is really sad is you WENT 7 GAMES WITH THE ROCKETS WITHOUT YAO MING OR TRACY MCGRADY. Are you kidding me. This season I hope the Lakers make the finals because they will get their *** handed to them by either the Cav's or the Celtics

Teeboy1487
07-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Agreed.

Most of the people posting in this thread are Lakers fans so I don't take it seriously.

Excuses, Excuses , Excuses. :rolleyes: I'm not surprise because it's coming from a Celtics fan.

still1ballin
07-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Senior Citizen Celtics? Last time I saw the Lakers and Celtics in a 7 game series not only did the Lakers get the *** handed to them twice over, but their was not one single matchup that the Lakers had an advantage in. Laker fans were loving Lamar as a Laker, now that he may leave they don'y need him and he is garbage. Without Lamar you would have never beat the Nuggets, and what is really sad is you WENT 7 GAMES WITH THE ROCKETS WITHOUT YAO MING OR TRACY MCGRADY. Are you kidding me. This season I hope the Lakers make the finals because they will get their *** handed to them by either the Cav's or the Celtics

:pity:

GHGHCP
07-17-2009, 03:55 PM

Think a psychologist would call this projection. Tell us Leafsleeve, what are your true feelings on the Wallace signing. :D

Jack Daniels
07-17-2009, 03:55 PM

Really?? You went 7 games in almost every playoff series since KG has been on the team... Also how are you a Boston Celtics Fan from New York. I can't even begin to explain how wrong that is on sooo many levels.

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Old man Ray and Old man KG don't have enough left in the tank. Even Pierce is getting up there in age, i heard he was out trying out weelchairs.

drama1386
07-17-2009, 03:59 PM
imo, odom was one of the main reasons that the lakers won the title in the first place. w/o odom, i don't think they will repeat. they will be a great team, but without a spark of the bench like odom, i'm not sure if they will get the job done.

Teeboy1487
07-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Old man Ray and Old man KG don't have enough left in the tank. Even Pierce is getting uo their in age, i heard he was out trying out weelchairs.

:clap::laugh: :D

blazerman
07-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Even if they lose Odom you would be foolish to say they couldnt repeat. Kobe,Gasol, Artest and Bynum is very impressive.

I cant stand the Lakers but they are the champs and a good one at that. Im all for Odom bailing on LA but they still would have to be heavily considered to repeat unless Artest ends up beating the hell out of bryant at some point during the season.

G-Funk
07-17-2009, 04:06 PM
how stupid can these haters be???

masalex1205
07-17-2009, 04:06 PM

If you're counting on Adam Morrison for more than anything than keeping a seat warm for Kobe then your team is in trouble.

domz248
07-17-2009, 04:08 PM

wow the whole season was a cake walk last year besides the rockets seires ... bynum's gona be back with no injury and we have ron artest in who wants to bet we repeat ... only one team has a chance and that is the celtics ....

plpfctn
07-17-2009, 04:10 PM

and the celtics can win again? LOL. that team is older than the golden girls. and believe me, odom will return to the lakers.

Vikes_Fan04
07-17-2009, 04:12 PM

Last year didn't the Lakers win the season series against the Celtics? and in the 2nd game Celtics had a healthy team and Lakers didn't have Bynum and it was in Boston. :shrug:

plpfctn
07-17-2009, 04:12 PM

typical denver...they're all talk. stop crying and start winning. got it princess?

D Roses Bulls
07-17-2009, 04:14 PM
if the lakers lose odom then you can stick a fork in them because they are done. kobe cant win it with just pau and artest, he needs another another potential all star to win it

Letsgoheat3
07-17-2009, 04:15 PM
and the celtics can win again? LOL. that team is older than the golden girls. and believe me, odom will return to the lakers.

O, well since you said so. :rolleyes:

domz248
07-17-2009, 04:16 PM

LAKERS 2009 champions .... western conference championship lakers 4 nuggets 2 .... i see why you posted your still hating life about what happend it's okay maybe one day when kobe retires the nuggets can beat the lakers lol we swept you last year and this year we went 4-2

kb24ap28
07-17-2009, 04:17 PM

wut else is really sad is that u went 7 games with the atlanta hawks and the chicago bulls. and hold on didnt we win the championship? so it doesnt even matter. great argument though

nba08
07-17-2009, 04:18 PM
YOU NEVER KNOW. anything can happen. the lakers still have kobe and he himself can win a game by himself. so there still gonna be a hard team to beat in my opinion and will have a chance to repeat but lets just say this..... they will make there lives easier if they had odom. i mean boston had a hard time with the hawks a couple years back and they arnt nearly as good as the lakers.

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 04:19 PM
It's a long season. Any player can get hurt and that changes the season. It's part of the game, thats why they play 82. Right now until next June, LAKERS ARE THE DEFENDING NBA CHAMPS. Alot of fans are coming in here with all the moves their teams made, no rings for that, so as of right now ther is only 1 champion. The rest are just paper champs.

kb24ap28
07-17-2009, 04:19 PM

guess that means celtics only won cuz bynum/ariza were injured:rolleyes:

Vikes_Fan04
07-17-2009, 04:20 PM

But the nuggets attempted more free throws the whole series didn't they? i swore they did.

domz248
07-17-2009, 04:20 PM

wow your a joke ... get it through your head the nuggets suck ... year denver is such a hostile environment the lakers can't win there lolol what a joke you are you seriously have problems if you really thought the lakers would'nt beat the nuggets

lakerssssssss
07-17-2009, 04:22 PM
first of all odom didnt leave yet.
2nd of all, how did celtics get better, tall they did was add an old rasheed to their old age team.
the team that got better was san antonio who got rid of old ppl to get rj whos 29.
lakers might not win if odom leaves.
celtics on the other hand i GURANTEE WONT WIN THIS YEAR.
U CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
ONE MORE TIME ,BOSTON WILL NOT WIN NEXT YEAR.

GHOSTSNIPER
07-17-2009, 04:22 PM

Way to have faith in your team.Its gonna be pretty comical to see Ron shut down Paul and Kobe shut down Ray.I dare you to say they cant/wont.First you have to get by Washington and Philadelphia.

Boston Faithful
07-17-2009, 04:23 PM
:pity:

Great response. That's usually what Lakers fans have to say to something so obvious.

Celtics > Lakers with Odom
Celtics >>>>>>> Lakers without Odom

Anyday of the week.

Vikes_Fan04
07-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Weren't the Celtics trying to deal Ray Allen this year? it's almost like Ainge doesn't even believe they could win. But, I'll give it to the C's they're still a dangerous team. But the whole eastern conference just got better. Should be interesting.

Boston Faithful
07-17-2009, 04:25 PM
guess that means celtics only won cuz bynum/ariza were injured:rolleyes:

OH YEAH, because the scrub center who averaged 6 points per game and a role player REALLY compare to an MVP, a DPOY, a 10 time plus All-Star and one of the best players ever.

Right.

DCB/LAL
07-17-2009, 04:31 PM
HAHAHA these threads are stupid while yes having Odom would help our chances LA is still a very good team!!! IF i remember correctly two years ago BP(before Pau) we had a SLIM chance to make the playoffs and what happened?? We made the Finals!!! You know its fans who talk all this bull that make it that much sweeter when the LAKERS end up winning the championship funny people complain about how bad "Laker Fans" are yet any chance they get to post a thread of "Lakers have no chance" they go for it so if the Lakers end up winning it next year just remember cant complain your giving us "Laker Fans" every reason to rub it in your face!!!! And please lets not forget that just because you love your team and claim your team to be the BEST doesn't really help them on the court so homerism doesn't give your team an advantage!:)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Ariza is extra overrated.

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Great response. That's usually what Lakers fans have to say to something so obvious.

Anyday of the week.

Lakers >>>> Paul Pierce and his weelchar league team, that now has 4 guys collecting SSI.

king4day
07-17-2009, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't say they are done. But I would say they are behind a few teams in terms of who's the favorites.
We still have to see who they get if Odom doesn't resign.

The Lakers starting 5 probably is still the best in the league outside of the PG position. Depth doesn't need to be great, it just needs to be there.

Boston Faithful
07-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Lakers >>>> Paul Pierce and his weelchar league team, that now has 4 guys collecting SSI.

You mean the Celtics have 5 All-Stars? Yeah I agree.

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 04:39 PM

In the past those 4 old guys were all stars, you are right. Who is this 5th guy you speak of?

jimbobjarree
07-17-2009, 04:40 PM
i will repeat it

ADAM MORRISON

Mark my words,

in fact

ADAM MORRISON ON CONTRACT YEAR AND TRAINING TrIaNLe sinCe CAMP

also we should call jazz abou a sing and trade of odom for ak47

we'd sing and trade AK for Lamar every day of the week..where do we sign?

jimbobjarree
In the past those 4 old guys were all stars, you are right. Who is this 5th guy you speak of?

Scal

DCB/LAL

Ha and you still couldn't win the championship?? HAHA :laugh2::laugh::laugh2::laugh: wait let me guess KG,Pierce,Allen,Rondo,Sheed???right so that means you had 3 all-stars and still couldnt win it!!!! And Boston fan claim LA only has two in Pau and Kobe well guess what we won a Championship with just 2!!

xBLAMEITON24x
07-17-2009, 04:41 PM
No Chance of repeating???

yea right without Odom i still think the Lakers are favorites to win the west and in the finals its 50/50 its all about matchups.

I can we hold these threads till Odom actually signs to a team, whether its the Lakers or other Nba team its no sense in debatting something that hasn't happen yet.

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 04:42 PM
we'd sing and trade AK for Lamar every day of the week..where do we sign?

Do you remember laker fans were calling for that deal a couple of years ago (Pre Gasol). I remember the Jazz fans didn't want it at the time.

domz248
07-17-2009, 04:43 PM
2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPION LAKERS:clap:

Wilson
07-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Our chances are lowered without Lamar, but we're not finished. Part of is because Josh Powell is a fine back up PF. He can get offensive rebounds, he can defend, and he can hit the mid-range jump shot very consistently.

Also, don't under-estimate Shannon Brown and Luke Walton on our bench. Shannon was a very good energy guy and defender, and Walton is a good passer and glue guy.

The main part of it is Andrew Bynum. He's shown that when he's healthy, he can be at least a solid contributor. With a full summer of getting healthy, I think he can get back up to the standard he's shown the Lakers the last couple of Januarys. Remember, his injuries didn't come from bad conditioning. The first came from landing on someone's foot and rolling his ankle, and the second came from someone rolling into his knee. Neither could have been avoided, they were just freak accidents.

Right now, I still see a Lakers/Celtics finals. I wouldn't be entirely suprised to see San Antonio, Dallas, Denver or Portland get past us, but even without Lamar I think the Lakers are still the team to beat.

Boston Faithful
07-17-2009, 04:48 PM

I'm actually positive that Allen, Garnett and Pierce all made it this year. Rasheed Wallace made it last year. And Rondo will make it this upcoming year. There's your 5th.

Boston Faithful
07-17-2009, 04:51 PM

Ha and you still couldn't win the championship?? HAHA :laugh2::laugh::laugh2::laugh: wait let me guess KG,Pierce,Allen,Rondo,Sheed???right so that means you had 3 all-stars and still couldnt win it!!!! And Boston fan claim LA only has two in Pau and Kobe well guess what we won a Championship with just 2!!

Are you blind?

Garnett was injured last year. So was Powe. We didn't have Rasheed.

And Rasheed made the All-Star team last year.

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm actually positive that Allen, Garnett and Pierce all made it this year. Rasheed Wallace made it last year. And Rondo will make it this upcoming year. There's your 5th.

I don't think I can count a guy that has not made it. The heat had 3 in Wade, JO?Marion, and Wade. That worked out pretty well. A lot of players make the All star team, but not when they are 50 years old.

domz248
07-17-2009, 04:53 PM

said five like a ****** and tried to make up for it by saying rondo will make it this year there's your 5th allstar nice :clap:

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=DCB/LAL;10178606]

Are you blind?

It happens, injuries are a part of the game, that is why it is good to have a mix of younger guys with the Old guys.

shizzle09
07-17-2009, 04:54 PM
What looked to be a lock to repeat turns into nothing close to a lock with the loss of Odom. No way Artest can replace Ariza and Odom and what they meant to the team. Bynum will have huge pressure to perform and he hasnt shown he can handle it up to this point. This deal means more to the Lakers than most people think.

domz248
07-17-2009, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=DCB/LAL;10178606]

Are you blind?

wow so the east still lost even though they had 3 all-stars from the great celtics how is that possible ????

KungFu Pandavol
07-17-2009, 04:56 PM
It's Cavs/Celtics vs Spurs/Blazers in the finals. So all these arguments are moot. Doubt the the Lakers even sniff 2nd round.

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 04:57 PM
It's Cavs/Celtics vs Spurs/Blazers in the finals. So all these arguments are moot. Doubt the the Lakers even sniff 2nd round.

So are the Giants. The fat guy will not be hot forever.

domz248
07-17-2009, 04:58 PM
What looked to be a lock to repeat turns into nothing close to a lock with the loss of Odom. No way Artest can replace Ariza and Odom and what they meant to the team. Bynum will have huge pressure to perform and he hasnt shown he can handle it up to this point. This deal means more to the Lakers than most people think.

your a heat fan your just trying to give your self good reasons for why you guys want odom ... he's a good player but that was behind kobe and pau and with no pressure on him to perform... he shows up for one play-off run and everyone thinks he is a all-star ... were was he last year when the celtics beat us ?? hiding in his shell

Storch
07-17-2009, 05:00 PM
The only teams that scare me are Boston and Spurs. Everyone else has nothing on the lakers.

domz248
07-17-2009, 05:00 PM

2009 Nba champion Lakers

ctitus45
07-17-2009, 05:03 PM
with both gone...there is still a chance that they can win it all in 09/10..they have Kobe/Artest/Pau, and lets not forget Phil...they are still a threat in the West and in the League. They may not be the team they were last year...but any team and fan would be foolsih to overlook the talent and determination of this team.

DCB/LAL
07-17-2009, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=DCB/LAL;10178606]

Are you blind?

Like i said that means you had 3 all-stars and you still couldn't win??? WOW!!!

Raidaz4Life
07-17-2009, 05:04 PM
agreed we will obviously be last place in the league this year. Then we will get the number 1 pick in next years draft and be set for another 10 years:D

ctitus45
07-17-2009, 05:05 PM
but let's be honest, an injury or a disagreemant could just derail this team. the lakers now become a very fragile franchise coming into 09/10 because of the 2 losses. Suspension/Injury kills this team. they need to be 100% for a chance to repeat. but never count out Kobe/Phil/'Superstar 2'

Westbrook36
07-17-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm sure they still will be able to be a championship type deal with Ron Artest who is better then Odom. I know it hurts the bench with Ariza and Odom both gone but Artest upgrades that starting lineup alot. Odom still might come back too because they can offer him something around 8M per year and thats higher then all his other offers.

They will be fine.

lakersrock
07-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Assuming Bynum keeps getting better and if we can get ANYTHING from Morrison, it's really not that bad. Plus, it might help Bynum play better knowing he's THE man at C. It may be me, but I would say + Artest/Morrison's 3s and - Ariza/Odom = just about the same team. You guys need to remember that Artest is fully capable of playing PF if teams go small. Here are the two Lakers main groups from last year and this year (assuming Odom isn't there).

Fisher/Fisher
Kobe/Kobe
Ariza/Ariza
Gasol/Odom
Bynum/Gasol

Fisher/Fisher
Kobe/Kobe
Artest/Morrison
Gasol/Artest
Bynum/Gasol

Assuming Morrison can get his shot back, that might even be better. Those four around Gasol can all hit 3s. Imagine trying to defend that while only keeping one guy on Kobe and Gasol. Obviously the starting lineup is MUCH better.

SpursRedemption
07-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Why are all these laker fans frekin out? Nervous that yall aree going to suck this year or what?? Haha ;)
Spurs vs. Celtics 09-10 finals,!
Spurs in 7.

Chicagofaithful
07-17-2009, 05:14 PM
celtics fans are so dumb. Im pretty sure the celtics move is horrible then, because if you think Artest isn't good then wtf do you think Sheed is? He's not that good. I'll take the Lakers all day over the celtics at this point. Ariza played great d no doubt, but Artest's defense speaks for itself... and as far as distribution and offensive ability odom = artest

DCB/LAL
07-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Why are all these laker fans frekin out? Nervous that yall aree going to suck this year or what?? Haha ;)
Spurs vs. Celtics 09-10 finals,!
Spurs in 7.

I got a question??? Do all Spurs fan have Horrible Grammer or just most???

Anyways no not nervous at all this is still a team that can contend with the Best of them!!

D_Rose1118
07-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Odom hasnt signed with the heat yet so nothing is official

Jack Daniels
07-17-2009, 05:25 PM

Anyday of the week.

Oh...Well since you backed it up with such a detailed and informative argument, I guess you're right. :rolleyes:

OA SLAY
07-17-2009, 05:37 PM

Always a guy named KOBE...hes pretty good.

SB75
07-17-2009, 05:39 PM
If they loose Odem, they have no bench.

Jack Daniels
07-17-2009, 05:39 PM

SB75
07-17-2009, 05:40 PM
I ment Odom

OA SLAY
07-17-2009, 05:40 PM

Anyways no not nervous at all this is still a team that can contend with the Best of them!!

You might wanna reread this before you criticize anyone. ,

KungFu Pandavol
07-17-2009, 05:45 PM

Wrong. Lakers have zero chance with that bench. Bynum plays like he's 50 years old with those 2 knee surgeries and that huge brace. I also will predict a Artest blow up in the locker room between him and Kobe.

lakers3peat
07-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Are you serious? The lakers will finish 8th in the West? You are smoking that good stuff. Artest is a significant upgrade from Ariza and if Odom goes to Miami, it will be because he wants to join Dwade's pot parties, not to win another ring. Odumb is ******** if he leaves LA for Miami. Even without Odom, the lakers will win the west. An for you celtics fans, this is your last shot at a title, so don't blow it!!!

P.S - KG has no class and deserved to get injured. He will not be the same and Rasheed is washed up, Allen is old and so is Pierce...

Lakers have Kobe, Pau, Artest and Bynum locked up for years....

Go lakers - see you in the finals Celtic Fans

Letsgoheat3
07-17-2009, 05:47 PM
hahahahaha, that has to be the worst post i've ever seen.

madiaz3
07-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Wrong. Lakers have zero chance with that bench. Bynum plays like he's 50 years old with those 2 knee surgeries and that huge brace. I also will predict a Artest blow up in the locker room between him and Kobe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s24kx5ynRVQ

Watch this and tell me you think that is possible.

MajorFloridaFan
07-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Lakers will be alright man, and i am a magic fan
They have Kobe, the black mamba mr this mr that
He is one of the most potent offensive creature in the league i mean amazing
Artest is one of the best lockdown defenders, so is kobe
Fish is clutch.....Mr. I am shooting it in Nelsons face....hate that plaay
The Spaniard soild
and bynum i dunno about him he is kind of like a dinosaur
I think orlando has surpassed them with overall talent roster spot 1-13 but i dont know if we will beat them in a series yet the offseason is not done

DCB/LAL
07-17-2009, 05:57 PM
You might wanna reread this before you criticize anyone. ,

Oh the irony grammer or grammar its too much i cant take it!!!

Public Enemy #1
07-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Lakers can still repeat but its going to be harder. They lost their key bench player in Odom and defender in Ariza who also hit big threes. Not that I care. BEAT L.A.

SouljahPhil...
07-17-2009, 06:05 PM

the smart guys strikes guy...lol...really love your knowledge..lol

domz248
07-17-2009, 06:07 PM

the lakers won it all last year like nothing and they will do it again... artest is a beast so keep hating ... it's funny were champions this year but u try to act like were not ... you need to watch some nba before you speak

Hawkeye15
07-17-2009, 06:08 PM
well, losing both would hurt, but Artest can pick up quite a bit of slack, and its always funny how free agent vets land on contending teams. I doubt LA is done adding players. And who the F mentioned Morrison? haha. If Bynum could ever live up to one iota of his potential, that may help too. But the west crown still goes thru the Lakers, sorry. THey have the best player in the west, depth, and Phil

SouljahPhil...
07-17-2009, 06:08 PM

lol...you strike again...wanna sig bet if a fight occur between kobe and ron? seems your so confident....

ink
07-17-2009, 06:09 PM
the lakers won it all last year like nothing and they will do it again... artest is a beast so keep hating ... it's funny were champions this year but u try to act like were not ... you need to watch some nba before you speak

You need to relax. No one is hating just by observing that the Lakers depth is going to take a serious hit this year if both Ariza and Odom are gone. Those are totally fair comments.

SouljahPhil...
07-17-2009, 06:10 PM
well, losing both would hurt, but Artest can pick up quite a bit of slack, and its always funny how free agent vets land on contending teams. I doubt LA is done adding players. And who the F mentioned Morrison? haha. If Bynum could ever live up to one iota of his potential, that may help too. But the west crown still goes thru the Lakers, sorry. THey have the best player in the west, depth, and Phil

is that you hawkeye? haha... anyway thanks for the respect...

championships
07-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Do people forget the Lakers went to the finals without Ariza. Odom will sign, If not, don't think the Lakers will stand still and do nothing. Nobody out there scares me. How does signing over the hill, ready to retire players count as huge moves. The only team who maybe got better was the Spurs but they don't have enough to overtake the Lakers, Exspecially after Ginobli goes down again.

domz248
07-17-2009, 06:11 PM
lol...you strike again...wanna sig bet if a fight occur between kobe and ron? seems your so confident....

artest will swing on kobe for not letting him shoot the gaming winning shot watch lololol :clap: these haters are funny always hating the best

domz248
07-17-2009, 06:16 PM
You need to relax. No one is hating just by observing that the Lakers depth is going to take a serious hit this year if both Ariza and Odom are gone. Those are totally fair comments.

yea sure no one's hating This is a fair coment "I also will predict a Artest blow up in the locker room between him and Kobe" lolol like this makes and sense any nba fan should know that artest will do anything kobe wants ... all it is is hating ...every day i look on here and see people with different theory's on how the lakers won't repeat so how is that not hating ??? do u see these threads about any other teams ???

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 06:18 PM
yea sure no one's hating This is a fair coment "I also will predict a Artest blow up in the locker room between him and Kobe" lolol like this makes and sense any nba fan should know that artest will do anything kobe wants ... all it is is hating ...every day i look on here and see people with different theory's on how the lakers won't repeat so how is that not hating ??? do u see these threads about any other teams ???

No, because any other team doesn't have a chance to repeating. We are the Champs. Lake Show!

domz248
07-17-2009, 06:19 PM
No, because any other team doesn't have a chance to repeating. We are the Champs. Lake Show!

oh yeah i must of forgot 2009 NBA champion LAKERS

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 06:20 PM
It's still the offseason. We should make this a Lakers 2009 Champs thread,

championships
07-17-2009, 06:22 PM

Laker fans know what this team is capable of and they will prove it on the court. We can say something that they can't. Like it or not We are the Champs.

ink
07-17-2009, 06:24 PM

Like Gibby said, no one else is the defending champion so obviously they're the only team that's going to be talked about in terms of repeating. It's absolutely not hating. As for potential blowups between Artest and Kobe? Maybe, maybe not. Artest is volatile but I think he'll be OK. It's definitely not hating though, given the track record Artest has with the league. Learn to tell the difference between hating and points you don't like to read about your team. People ARE allowed to doubt your team in the NBA forum you know. ;) That kind of discussion is why the NBA forum exists. Just keep it respectful.

fresh prince
07-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Lakers can still repeat but its going to be harder. They lost their key bench player in Odom and defender in Ariza who also hit big threes. Not that I care. BEAT L.A.

They did?

:confused:

jod248
07-17-2009, 06:31 PM
I understand all u guys hating on the Lakers but u cant say that this team has no chance of repeating. I mean come on this is a team who still has Kobe,Pau,Artest,Bynum,Fish and a good solid bench.Sure if Lamar leaves LA it hurts the lakers but that dosent mean they dont have a chance of repeating.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2009, 06:33 PM
is that you hawkeye? haha... anyway thanks for the respect...

beleive it or not dude, I stick up for Kobe and the Lakers a lot. I really do. But, I don't worship the ground that either walk on, so I will be critical if I feel its necessary. But I am also a basketball fan and realist, so I am not biased and stupid
but thx. I almost feel like I should save all the good stuff I say about the Lakers in a vault, and then unleash them when I am attacked, haha.

Wilson
07-17-2009, 06:38 PM
:laugh2:

championships
07-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Thats not baiting ink. Thats the truth. So everyone else says what they want but Laker fans get warned or edited. Its a one sided debate

spurs4#5
07-17-2009, 06:54 PM
just curious...have all these lakers fans forgotten the last time the lakers put together a super team that they think is unbeatable? yall say bynum, fisher, kobe, gasol and artest is a line up that can beat anybody...i got a better line up that can beat anybody and win a championship....shaq, kobe, fisher, malone, payton....yall remember how that turned out right? to all you lakers fans boston fans and hell even my spurs fans...how about yall talk about something thats relevant instead of just talking **** back and forth because if there's one thing you can take from the nba thats always a given is that nothing is a given!

Fire Girardi
07-17-2009, 07:14 PM
lol the cavs improved themselves, thats mad funny, the cavs have done *****

fresh prince
07-17-2009, 07:18 PM
just curious...have all these lakers fans forgotten the last time the lakers put together a super team that they think is unbeatable? yall say bynum, fisher, kobe, gasol and artest is a line up that can beat anybody...i got a better line up that can beat anybody and win a championship....shaq, kobe, fisher, malone, payton....yall remember how that turned out right? to all you lakers fans boston fans and hell even my spurs fans...how about yall talk about something thats relevant instead of just talking **** back and forth because if there's one thing you can take from the nba thats always a given is that nothing is a given!

They made the NBA Finals!!

GP and Mailman Were washed up though.

This is team is a little different.. Kobe, Gasol, Artest are all in their prime. and Bynum should emerge this year IF he doesn't get hurt. Fish is the only washed up member of the group.

Not to mention that team made the NBA finals and if Malone wasn't injured may have won a title anyways.. Its funny how making the finals and losing is looked at has having a terrible season/team... Lol!

Kabowdos
07-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Yeah they aren't going to win just like you thought this year right? The season has yet to start my friend.

slaker619
07-17-2009, 07:30 PM
So Ture But You Forgot About Adam Morrission And A Healty Buymun

playa6816
07-17-2009, 07:30 PM

yup that and huge contributions from the birtday gift from Memphis!

playa6816
07-17-2009, 07:31 PM
If they loose Odem, they have no bench.

thats right. Weak sauce. Hell they should have lost him to Memphis

playa6816
07-17-2009, 07:33 PM

Yea thats exactly what came through my mind when i heard about artest going to LA. At first i was like wtf?! But then after some thought I realized that Artest could actually help dismantle the Lakers by causing rift between players and unleashing hell in the locker room. Itll be hella funny if and when dat happens.

playa6816
07-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Are you serious? The lakers will finish 8th in the West? You are smoking that good stuff. Artest is a significant upgrade from Ariza and if Odom goes to Miami, it will be because he wants to join Dwade's pot parties, not to win another ring. Odumb is ******** if he leaves LA for Miami. Even without Odom, the lakers will win the west. An for you celtics fans, this is your last shot at a title, so don't blow it!!!

P.S - KG has no class and deserved to get injured. He will not be the same and Rasheed is washed up, Allen is old and so is Pierce...

Lakers have Kobe, Pau, Artest and Bynum locked up for years....

Go lakers - see you in the finals Celtic Fans

Calling your own player dumb and ******** is a good example of Laker fan talk.

Prove and give examples as too why KG has no class. Deserved to get injured? Why would anyone with a heart want to wish that on another player? Rasheed is not washed up and can still play. He can still shoot the three ball and he can still swat shots, and he can still play in the post with that sweet turn around fade away jumper. Allen maybe old but that wont stop him from raining three's down on opponents and playing pretty good perimeter defense. Pierce is still clutch and has a few good years left in him. He's lost ah step but that didnt stop him from getting in the paint or drain long range and mid range jumpers.

Go Lose Lakers you guys going no where but out da playoffs.

loki34
07-17-2009, 07:41 PM
i don't care!

solelimited
07-17-2009, 07:42 PM
i dont understand why people are counting them out. Alot of people are hoping that artest **** this team up, but we really dont know till the season starts. Phil kelted Rodman in line, why cant he keep artest? No matter how we look at it, its a 5 team race to the championship, LA, SA, BOS, CLEV, ORL, and maybe DEN. If Odom stays or leaves LA its still the same race. Mia with odom and even with boozer wont contend in the east. LA with or without odom are still contenders. Anyone who thinks that the Lakers have ZERO chance, IMO, is an idiot.

playa6816
07-17-2009, 07:42 PM

Like nothing? did you watch the games? Magic could have easily been up 3-1. The games could have gone either way until game 5. game 5 was the only game that was won outrightly. Even my uncle who is an old time Laker fan admitted the same thing.

Reguardless, this so called Title was the ultimate gift from the owned of the Memphis Grizzles when he gave away his franchise player for garbage.

And the fact that Garnett was out with an injury.

playa6816
07-17-2009, 07:44 PM
i dont understand why people are counting them out. Alot of people are hoping that artest **** this team up, but we really dont know till the season starts. Phil kelted Rodman in line, why cant he keep artest? No matter how we look at it, its a 5 team race to the championship, LA, SA, BOS, CLEV, ORL, and maybe DEN. If Odom stays or leaves LA its still the same race. Mia with odom and even with boozer wont contend in the east. LA with or without odom are still contenders. Anyone who thinks that the Lakers have ZERO chance, IMO, is an idiot.

I wouldnt say Lakers have zero chance but a slim chance.

playa6816
07-17-2009, 07:45 PM

Well said my friend!
Standing ovation!

:clap:

playa6816
07-17-2009, 07:48 PM
The only teams that scare me are Boston and Spurs. Everyone else has nothing on the lakers.

Without Odom and a subpar Bynum Lakers wont scare anyone either

solelimited
07-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Yes the lakers got a gift from mem, but what did boston give up for KG or Ray Allen? Boston gave up Delonte West, Wally Szczerbiak, 5th Draft Pick (Jeff Green) for Ray Allen and Glen Davis... The only player that still plays for the Thunder is Jeff Green.

As for KG, they gave up basically gave up nothing but Al Jefferson. And for people to think that deal was fair. Remember the Lakers offered them: Lamar, Bynum, Brown, and i think Farmar was included in the deal also. So dont hate on LA for Pau, when things like this go down every year.

tland22
07-17-2009, 07:55 PM
I am confident Odom will sign with LA man....dont get your hopes up about LA not repeating too much yet :)

BigAl25
07-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Definitely i dont think they will repeat artest cant replace odom and ariza, the only way they'l repeat if only morrison could finally develop and become a solid nba player.

NJrockPD
07-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Ariza has quickly become the most overrated player in the NBA.

Back to the topic though, Artest easily fills the role ariza left and the starting lineup is stronger then ever, the lakers will have a much weaker bench but if a sf/pf steps up they will be fine.

Fisher
Bryant
Odom / Ariza
Pau
Bynum

is not as good as

Fisher
Bryant
Artest
Pau
Bynum

IMO. I think trading a sixth man and a starter for a good proven starter and defensive powerhouse is a pretty even swap.

solelimited
07-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Definitely i dont think they will repeat artest cant replace odom and ariza, the only way they'l repeat if only morrison could finally develop and become a solid nba player.

Even if morrison develops, he'll never develop any defence. He's always been a scorer, with very little or if any D.

lakersrock
07-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Ariza has quickly become the most overrated player in the NBA.

Back to the topic though, Artest easily fills the role ariza left and the starting lineup is stronger then ever, the lakers will have a much weaker bench but if a sf/pf steps up they will be fine.

Fisher
Bryant
Odom / Ariza
Pau
Bynum

is not as good as

Fisher
Bryant
Artest
Pau
Bynum

IMO. I think trading a sixth man and a starter for a good proven starter and defensive powerhouse is a pretty even swap.

Why do you and everyone else think he played at SF? He didn't. He was ALWAYS at PF. So in affect, Fisher-Bryant-Ariza-Pau-Bynum isn't as good as Fisher-Bryant-Artest-Pau-Bynum and Fisher-Bryant-Morrison-Artest-Pau isn't as good as Fisher-Bryant-Ariza-Odom-Pau. Either way, the starters are improved and we still have a good second unit.

IversonIsKrazy
07-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Right now, if LO doesnt re-sign, there PF/C combo willl look like this.

PF: Pau/Powell
C: Bynum/DJ

I think if LO doesnt re-sign, they should sign sum1 for cheap like Chris Wilcox or Glen Davis.

KungFu Pandavol
07-17-2009, 08:38 PM
The Lakers window has closed. Mitch really screwed things up with money. Giving Bynum 70 million started it all.

KungFu Pandavol
07-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Right now, if LO doesnt re-sign, there PF/C combo willl look like this.

PF: Pau/Powell
C: Bynum/DJ

I think if LO doesnt re-sign, they should sign sum1 for cheap like Chris Wilcox or Glen Davis.

They can only give the vet minimum. Neither Wilcox or Glen will take that.

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Lakers are still the Champs. People act like if they lose Odom Mitch would just quit and not try to rade any of the expiring contracts for an impact player. The season is decided in April, May, and June. Not July.

Bleeds Blue
07-17-2009, 09:11 PM
The Lakers window has closed. Mitch really screwed things up with money. Giving Bynum 70 million started it all.

:laugh:

playa6816
07-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes the lakers got a gift from mem, but what did boston give up for KG or Ray Allen? Boston gave up Delonte West, Wally Szczerbiak, 5th Draft Pick (Jeff Green) for Ray Allen and Glen Davis... The only player that still plays for the Thunder is Jeff Green.

As for KG, they gave up basically gave up nothing but Al Jefferson. And for people to think that deal was fair. Remember the Lakers offered them: Lamar, Bynum, Brown, and i think Farmar was included in the deal also. So dont hate on LA for Pau, when things like this go down every year.

Delonte West, Wally and Jeff Green is way better then Jarvis Critteon or Kwame Brown!

NOTHING BUT Al Jefferson?! Al Jefferson is not garbage like Kwame brown. Coach Pop spoke against it for a good reason because it was a jacked up rape oh i mean trade if you can call it that. Boston gave up alot more then what LA did.

playa6816
07-17-2009, 09:19 PM

:clap:

lol yup now time to lock it up and throw away the key! hahaha

Hawkeye15
07-17-2009, 09:21 PM
this pains me, but I have to stick up for the Lakers. They are the current champs. They replaced Ariza with Artest. They lost Odom. So what. They will pick up more bench support in the next 2 months. Boston, SA, Cleveland, Orlando, they all improved, for sure. But the ring still goes thru LA. They have Kobe, Phil, depth, two 7' frontcourt players, one of which may or may not reach his potential. They don't care about salary cap. They have a good mix of youth, so they will most likely stay healthy collectively. SA and Boston will depend on health 10000%. That is a lot to ask. While it is totally possible they won't repeat, since that is sooooo hard to do, they are still the team to beat, and will sit atop the power rankings in week 1 on every site, rightly so.
I think I am gonna puke.

samus
07-17-2009, 09:39 PM
it isnt like they got no chance

there definately not a better team if they dont get odom back

but yes they have one of the scariest starting lineups (DEFENSE)

they beat Magic what 4-1 maybe they'll only win 4-2

Hellcrooner
07-17-2009, 11:19 PM
lets see.

Kobe took a team that featured Smush parker and Kwame brown as starters to 7 gams against the almigty super running team of dantonis suns.

artest led a ****ed up kings tha tno one gave a damm for to their last playoff appeareance, while helping indiana to some conerence finals too...

Pau Gasol led a team with ok nba players as calderon , brhter marc or rudy and no all stars to WIN GOLD on the world cup and lose by a small margin in teh finals against almighty redeem team.

also led a grizzlies where Shane battier was a second option an Jason Willaims and stro swift were starters to the playoffs three times.......

yeah sure ,... we lose ****ing role player that never haw done an allstar appearance and that has had like 4 or 5 trade odom threads in lakers forums for the past 5 years and we are doomed.....

muah ha ha ha ha

jrodmesche
07-17-2009, 11:29 PM
totally agree they have no chance in hell

ko8e24
07-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Reports are that Odom called Dr. Buss yesterday to remove the rift caused by odom's agent and the lakers organization. He was prolly telling Buss that his agent is a **** and that buss shouldn't take it entirely to heart the fact that his agent never returned Buss/Mitch's calls.

www.cbs2.com/lakers

Jeff Boyd
07-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Ron Artest is flat out better then Ariza. It's time for Bynum to step up. They still have the MLE they are fin.

SouljahPhil...
07-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Reports are that Odom called Dr. Buss yesterday to remove the rift caused by odom's agent and the lakers organization. He was prolly telling Buss that his agent is a **** and that buss shouldn't take it entirely to heart the fact that his agent never returned Buss/Mitch's calls.

www.cbs2.com/lakers

was gonna post this...lol...Lo is gonna be back...

Wilson
07-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Ron Artest is flat out better then Ariza. It's time for Bynum to step up. They still have the MLE they are fin.

The MLE went to Ron Artest...

Brooke
07-17-2009, 11:41 PM

www.cbs2.com/lakers

You beat me to it

JordansBulls
07-17-2009, 11:41 PM

They barely won last year and this with most teams missing or having star players injured. Also other teams have improved as well and they will even be more the hunted.

SouljahPhil...
07-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Yea thats exactly what came through my mind when i heard about artest going to LA. At first i was like wtf?! But then after some thought I realized that Artest could actually help dismantle the Lakers by causing rift between players and unleashing hell in the locker room. Itll be hella funny if and when dat happens.

lol...wanna sig bet on that??? seems you really know artest a lot..check your history books my friend...Kobe and Ron are great friends...Plus Phil could control him...

SouljahPhil...
07-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Lo will resign..haha...

I hope it happens soon so this doubters will be owned..lol

ko8e24
07-17-2009, 11:50 PM
You beat me to it

Brooke, Souljaphil, us 3 rule! LO will be back!

Teeboy1487
07-17-2009, 11:53 PM
They barely won last year and this with most teams missing or having star players injured. Also other teams have improved as well and they will even be more the hunted. I don't believe in barely winning a championship. You either win it or you don't. Simple as that. Do not give the league excuses about injuries. Injuries happen every year so that argument is not relevant at all. Also, I still think the lakers are contenders even without odom. They will be worst without odom, but they will still have a good enough team to contend. One more thing, the lakers have not lost odom yet, so we might be jumping the gun a bit.

still1ballin
07-17-2009, 11:54 PM
They barely won last year and this with most teams missing or having star players injured. Also other teams have improved as well and they will even be more the hunted.

How?

GoatMilk
07-17-2009, 11:55 PM
didnt the lakers win the finals in 5?

denver was tough i'll give him that
houston was too, but that was flukey. if yao didnt get hurt, that wouldn't have gone 7

and anyways, the lakers were 4-0 vs. Boston and Cleveland in the regular season. its not like they got rocked and would have in the finals

ink
07-17-2009, 11:58 PM
How?

They were pretty seriously challenged by the Rockets and then the Nuggets.

Be reasonable Laker fans. It wasn't an easy walk in the park to the title for you guys. Not exactly a dominant championship, so it's not exactly guaranteed that they would have defended even if they had kept the same lineup as they had this year.

The East has gotten better with 3 legit contenders, and there are always 4 or 5 great teams from the West.

Gibby23
07-18-2009, 12:14 AM
It really doesn't matter if we had to fight to win the Finals. Lake Show won it and fans of oter teams would love to have this feeling.

Gibby23
07-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Im watching the Championship DVD right now. Alot of teams don't even have a championship DVD.

still1ballin
07-18-2009, 12:15 AM
They were pretty seriously challenged by the Rockets and then the Nuggets.

Be reasonable Laker fans. It wasn't an easy walk in the park to the title for you guys. Not exactly a dominant championship, so it's not exactly guaranteed that they would have defended even if they had kept the same lineup as they had this year.

The East has gotten better with 3 legit contenders, and there are always 4 or 5 great teams from the West.

The Rockets series was a fluke like GoatMilk said. Yao went down, Lakers took it way easy thinking they were going to fly by the series. Its funny to say it, but if Yao would of never went down it would not gone as far as it did. Denver was a challenge, but by no means did Lakers barely won the series. Lakers took care of business and won 2 games at Denver, one being a complete domination.

A dominant championship? Sorry but how can you not be dominant and win a championship? So I guess you can say the Celtics wearn't dominate when they won the championship? 7 games to the Hawks, 7 games to the Cavs?

domz248
07-18-2009, 12:21 AM
didnt the lakers win the finals in 5?

denver was tough i'll give him that
houston was too, but that was flukey. if yao didnt get hurt, that wouldn't have gone 7

and anyways, the lakers were 4-0 vs. Boston and Cleveland in the regular season. its not like they got rocked and would have in the finals

the lakers beat them back to back on a 6 game road trip with no bynum

xxxplicit69
07-18-2009, 12:28 AM

I disagree, the lakers did do a lot this offseason, while odom and ariza were key players for the lakers, they were roll players, artest is a star player who has the scoring ability of odom and the defense like ariza, if not better. he can lock up just about any small forward in the league except for lebron, but he would give him some trouble. he's big at the position but versitle and consistant. kobe and artest could be a lil similar to jordan and pippen, and whatever that duo lacks campared to the chicago greats, pao gasol makes up for that and then some, thats a ligitimate big 3. they just have to give shannon brown more p.t. and some of their other guys and pick up a few more role players on free agency. the lakers are still the favorites in the west, if portland could have had hedo turk, then they would definately be up there.

xxxplicit69
07-18-2009, 12:31 AM
By the way i'm not even a lakers fan, so don't even use that for a rebutall, i'm a bulls fan but they suck *** for getting rid of ben gordon, he was their best scorer and with all the additions the top teams in the east made, even the hawks with jamal crawford, and the heat potentially getting odom and boozer, the bulls are done like good steak, i have no expectations for my team but seeing the development of derrick rose, lets hope chicago doesn't give him away in a few years too when a new payday is due.

Hellcrooner
07-18-2009, 12:32 AM
did the bulls still win when paxon, hodges, and cartwright retired and gran waked away?

VinceGully
07-18-2009, 12:35 AM

Odom was VERY inconsistent...he had his moments (usually at home) but you never knew which player you were getting. I am not a Laker fan AT ALL...but live in LA and watch all their games. I AM a Bruin fan and saw what a non-factor Ariza was in college I have also watched him become a solid NBA player over the past 2 years and a player I would want on my team.

With that being said...I still believe Artest is an upgrade over Trevor. If Lamar walks and Bynum FINALLY has an injury free break out year, it will mean nothing and the Lakers will win a couple more championships...if he doesn't, I still believe they have enough pieces to get right back to the finals if not win it all again.

WillisLovechild
07-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Do I agree? Not at all. They got a considerable upgrade in Artest over Ariza and Odom hasn't signed with another team yet so we could still get him. I haven't heard of any other teams knocking his door down to sign him so I still think he'll crawl back to the Lakers. Either way the Lakers are still the clear number one in the West and I would still say they're the favorites to win again. Not to mention they're the champs, and to be the champs you have to win it next year, so they're the best until another team wins the NBA Championship.

solelimited
07-18-2009, 01:04 AM
if odom really called buss to mend that relationship this thread will be closed soon.

B.JenningsMVP
07-18-2009, 01:08 AM
Chances are high; With Kobe, anything is possible ") haha

lakerboy
07-18-2009, 01:10 AM
We barely won last year? Are you ****ing kidding me?

ink
07-18-2009, 01:10 AM
A dominant championship? Sorry but how can you not be dominant and win a championship? So I guess you can say the Celtics wearn't dominate when they won the championship? 7 games to the Hawks, 7 games to the Cavs?

You're missing the point. Laker fans, it's not sacrilege to talk about your team losing. It happens. The team is not invincible, and losing key players could do damage to a team that didn't exactly blow its opponents away in this year's playoffs.

They won the championship and that's a massive accomplishment, but it's not like they walked over them. Until the final they had some pretty weak moments and were definitely under-achieving. Everyone knows that. It's not a controversial point.

Be realistic about your team, just like everyone should, and the team and its fans will get a lot more respect.

:)