PDA

View Full Version : CP3 thinks he could be traded!

hdxstunts1
07-17-2009, 12:20 PM
I dont have the insider so i'm not sure on what it says.

But all i see so far is that he thinks he could be traded.

Just saw the headline on ESPN as one of their rumors...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2ffeatures%2frumors

MagicBucsSox
07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
dude it wouldnt be until 2012 anyway

levignjw
07-17-2009, 03:02 PM
It basically has Paul being quoted as saying he knows it's a business and anything can happen of the Hornets are looking to shed some payroll.

I personally think CP3 is untouchable...that being said, would you guys take a deal such as Stuckey, Rip, & Tay for Paul & Chandler?

Or a deal that centered around Rip including guys like Kwame, Maxiell (throw in whatever draft picks) for Paul and possibly Chandler?

levignjw
07-17-2009, 03:20 PM
New Orleans star point guard Chris Paul insisted he was serious when he said there's a chance he soon could be traded.

Paul was interviewed Thursday by Pro Basketball News, and asked about his team's financial situation. The Hornets are staring at being well over the luxury tax, and might have to dump some big contracts.

"In this league, anything can happen," said Paul, at the summer league to watch his Hornets. "I can be dealt."

Paul then was asked that surely he can't be serious he could be traded.

"It's possible," he said. "It's possible."

The Hornets made a move last February to save money by dealing center Tyson Chandler to Oklahoma City. However, the trade ended up being rescinded after health concerns surfaced regarding Chandler.

Paul is hopeful the Hornets will end up retaining their key players, but knows nothing is certain.

"Right now, it looks like the same cast," he said. "But, if something happens, it happens. ... Me and (forward James Posey say to one another that) we've got to work with what we've got and go out and play hard."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20090717#STORY_20385

That's the jist of it, he really did not imply he thinks he is going to be traded any time soon, I think it's just being blown out of proportion (but for the pistons sake I hope not).

cro_2pac
07-17-2009, 03:24 PM
IT CAN'T HAPPEN AND WILL NOT HAPPEN, he is a franchise player, peja has the biggest conratct, move him and anotonio daniels, collison is better, and daniels has 6 millon PER YEAR, peja has 12...

bossup2
07-17-2009, 03:26 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=la6wlf

detroit gets: chandler, cp3

NO gets: stuckey, Rip, maxiell, daye,brown and a 1st rd pick

tland22
07-17-2009, 07:32 PM
damn this was incredibly scary....glad someone posted the article...it seems like he was jjst being modest...KNOWING he cant be traded really. IF HE GETS TRADED, THE FRANCHISE SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FROM NEW ORLEANS.

tland22
07-17-2009, 07:34 PM
and none of those trades are sufficient for a player as young and EFFICIENT as Paul. he makes everyone around him better and his numbers are a TITANIC display of what he can do at this young age already...his numbers are second to only LeBron. Yea, his numbers are better than Wades in every category even shooting percentages....of course wade is the better scorer though, but thats off point. lol

Juju
07-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Don't worry guys! Some random reporter was probably interrogating CP while he was watching the Summer League game and CP said pretty vague answers. And knowing the media, they blow it up!

Also Hornets President, Hugh Weber, in response to CP comments, said there is NO way CP will be traded; ever
Oh and the link~
http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/2009/07/new_orleans_hornets_guard_chri_7.html

Vinny642
07-17-2009, 10:05 PM
He is just saying anything can happen, our President and GM said they arent trading him so we are good.

Bulls_fan90
07-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Which players would you guys want to recieve if Paul was to be traded? Was just interested.

Also there is no way he will be traded.

BIGBREED
07-18-2009, 12:37 AM
you guys are falling for this ****! First off, whoever started this thread is late because this is old news! SECONDLY, CP3 was only answering a question related to the trade rumors of Tyson Chandler and he just went on to say that "its a business, hell I can be trade for all he knows!"

Guys stop fallin for this crap! Its already have been said that everyone is trade-bait except" CP3 and David West" If you want to know some insite on the Hornets, go to the HORNETS website and click onto the summerleague central. LISTEN TO THE AUDIO and judge for yourself!

Sports Illustrator
07-18-2009, 10:51 AM
While watching the Hornets' summer league team play Thursday night in Las Vegas, Chris Paul told a reporter there's chance he soon could be traded. With the luxury tax threshold set this upcoming season at $69.92 million and the Hornets' current payroll at $78.8 million, they are desperate to dump salaries to avoid having to pay the tax penalty next summer.Due to its financial limitations, New Orleans is the only team in the Southwest Division that has yet to acquire a player through free agency or by a trade to improve its roster this offseason. n response Friday, Hornets President Hugh Weber said the possibility of them trading Paul is zero.

From New Orleans Times-Picayune (http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/2009/07/new_orleans_hornets_guard_chri_7.html)

ikjcarrs
07-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Which players would you guys want to recieve if Paul was to be traded? Was just interested.

No one person really maybe a combination of players

tland22
07-18-2009, 01:32 PM

sorry man, I just dont think there is any other player we would want. When you have a top 5 player in the league, it is hard to trade"THE BEST" away, ya know what I mean? If we traded him I would always feel like we didnt get enough for him, in a sort of way.

Kashmir13579
07-18-2009, 02:16 PM
sorry man, I just dont think there is any other player we would want. When you have a top 5 player in the league, it is hard to trade"THE BEST" away, ya know what I mean? If we traded him I would always feel like we didnt get enough for him, in a sort of way.

thats the kinda trade you hope your team never would be stupid enough to make. like^^^^ even if you got kobe for CP, it still wouldnt be worth it. the skill CP has and his age make him the best player in the league ( i think ). you can expect a couple MVP trophies to land in CP's display cases within the next ten years

BIGBREED
07-18-2009, 02:38 PM
thats the kinda trade you hope your team never would be stupid enough to make. like^^^^ even if you got kobe for CP, it still wouldnt be worth it. the skill CP has and his age make him the best player in the league ( i think ). you can expect a couple MVP trophies to land in CP's display cases within the next ten years

Agreed

jerry3
07-18-2009, 02:52 PM
There's also the chance that CP3 would prefer to be traded, maybe he was trying to say in a vague way it is possible, knowing probably darn well that his President would never want to trade him, but only to just get the suggestion out there hoping maybe some momentum would cause some team to make an offer to possibly entice his President to consider it. It all really hinges on what CP3 is really thinking and what he truly desires, and if there's a reason he would rather not be in NO, then it might make sense for him to open a little firestarter.

Sports Illustrator
07-18-2009, 03:34 PM
The Hornets will never want to trade Chris Paul. He has earned himself to become a superstar player in the NBA as of right now. The New Orleans Hornets would have to be more than crazy to trade Chris Paul. Without him, that team isn't nearly as good as they are with him playing on the team.

I don't think this should be taken seriously though. It is just one of those times when you say something, but you don't really think its going to happen. At the same time, this also has to do with writers/journalists trying to make a story.

tland22
07-18-2009, 06:38 PM
There's also the chance that CP3 would prefer to be traded, maybe he was trying to say in a vague way it is possible, knowing probably darn well that his President would never want to trade him, but only to just get the suggestion out there hoping maybe some momentum would cause some team to make an offer to possibly entice his President to consider it. It all really hinges on what CP3 is really thinking and what he truly desires, and if there's a reason he would rather not be in NO, then it might make sense for him to open a little firestarter.

Frist off I agree strongly with the KNICKS FAN above me a few posts.....

2nd, Chris Paul loves New Orleans, he is public about it as well.

tland22
07-20-2009, 11:43 AM
quote from chris paul on his twitter page:

"Jus for the record too...I'M NOT GOIN ANYWHERE!!! No clue what Chris Thomasson was talkin about, but I didn't say any of what he was sayin"

Patrick Swayze
07-21-2009, 04:48 PM
I hate it say it, but I'm not ruling out any chance of CP3 being traded or not wanting to resign. I don't blame him. The front office isn't doing anything to make this team better.

THiiRTYONE
07-21-2009, 07:49 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=la6wlf

detroit gets: chandler, cp3

NO gets: stuckey, Rip, maxiell, daye,brown and a 1st rd pick

LMFAO yu made my day, are you serious

countrycasanova
07-22-2009, 01:17 AM
If the hornets don't act like they want to build a contender around the guy, he will eventually pull a "kobe"; and you can't blame him. do yall really think he wants to waste the prime years of his career with a franchise that is not trying to win a championship? he deserves better.

BIGBREED
07-22-2009, 10:14 AM
If the hornets don't act like they want to build a contender around the guy, he will eventually pull a "kobe"; and you can't blame him. do yall really think he wants to waste the prime years of his career with a franchise that is not trying to win a championship? he deserves better.

Kobe pulled a Kobe because he was at the end/option year of his contract! What you people don't seem to understand is that CP3 has just signed an extension to 2013 with the player option in 2012, meaning he's locked up until 2013.

You need to find the NBA Players contracts, so you can have a better feel of the CP3/Hornets topic! Be a leader not a follower...........Educate youself!

Phat Pat 94
07-22-2009, 11:26 AM
theres no way your management would deal the best pg in the game.

BIGBREED
07-22-2009, 03:34 PM
theres no way your management would deal the best pg in the game.

....and thats the truth!