PDA

View Full Version : Gortat and Howard?

mikey743
07-17-2009, 11:04 AM
ok here is my theory..obviously gortat wants to start -so y not let him start? y not put howard at center ,gortat at power forward and slide shard down to small forward? then we could use ryan anderson as shards backup,brandon bass as gortats and adonal foyle (or whatever center we get) for howard? what does everyone else think of this idea?

Wilson
07-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Points will be very hard to come by in the post. With Dwight's offensive game still coming along, I think you need someone next to him who can get some production.

Raidaz4Life
07-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Bass
Howard

Sports Illustrator
07-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Bass
Howard

That's what their starting five should look like. That is a very strong starting 5. Now when the Magic play against teams like the Celtics, they won't have to worry about Rashard Lewis getting beat down at the PF position all the time. This definitely makes their defense in the front court even stronger, not to mention Bass is not a bad defender.

Gortat is not a PF. It will take time for him to learn the PF position. That is why you wouldn't see him playing the PF position last season.

lakers4sho
07-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Howard
Lewis
Barnes
Carter
Nelson

That's how I think it should be. Lewis at the 3 would get torched by quicker/better SFs out there like LeBron, Pierce, Carmelo, etc. Barnes would at least be able to stay in front of those guys.

Plus Howard needs 3 point shooters to complement his game. Putting Bass in the starting 5 would be counter-intuitive. Howard gets most of the rebounds anyways.

Trouble87
07-17-2009, 01:11 PM
people are overlooking Ryan Anderson... the kid will be a stud

hvg
07-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Magic really benefited last year from having 4 three point shooters on the floor. i expect SVG will try to continue that with starting Lewis this year. Bass will probably see significant minutes when the opposing PF's a major force inside (Duncan/KG/Bosh).

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Gortat sucks.

RadiantShot
07-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Bass
Howard

Absolutely.

Young2Kinsler
07-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Gortat doesn't have even CLOSE to the skill set to play PF. He is a 12 minute player making tons of money.

Toxeryll
07-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Gortat sucks.

and overrated. i still dont get why hes gettin attention. i watched all the magic's playoff games and nothing impresses me about him.

GoatMilk
07-17-2009, 03:38 PM
and overrated. i still dont get why hes gettin attention. i watched all the magic's playoff games and nothing impresses me about him.

same here.

i guess cause he's white?
lol

b_rad23
07-17-2009, 03:39 PM
I think that'd be a nice defensive frontcourt for sure. If he shows that he can produce in big minutes, he at least should get good minutes alongside Dwight in a twin-towers kind of thing.

Anderson fits the scheme perfectly also, so he should get a look.

Bass is the frontrunner though probably.

D Roses Bulls
07-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Gortat sucks.

you only say that cause you know the magic will be whooping on the raptors all year.

D Roses Bulls
07-17-2009, 04:12 PM

cause there really wasnt a let down on the defensive side or the offensive side really when he replaced howard and game 6 vs philly when howard was suspended he started and put 12 and grabbed 15 boards with a couple blocks. thats why. he's better then jermaine oneal, :)

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2009, 04:19 PM
you only say that cause you know the magic will be whooping on the raptors all year.

The Magic would kick our *** any day anyways.

Gortat is just getting all this attention because like 2 good games and 8 average games.

Put him on teams like Memphis or Sacramento and I bet he gets 20 and 20.

zambo4president
07-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Gortat needs to stay on the bench. Bass at PF.

Toxeryll
07-17-2009, 04:21 PM
cause there really wasnt a let down on the defensive side or the offensive side really when he replaced howard and game 6 vs philly when howard was suspended he started and put 12 and grabbed 15 boards with a couple blocks. thats why. he's better then jermaine oneal, :)

he hasnt proven anything yet. he only played well against the Sixers because he was not known yet, so next year im sure he wont get anything close to the stats u gave in any game cuz everyone knows what hes capable to do, and i dont think he can adjust to that.
If im the magic, i wont start him because i can see that there are better options than him or try to trade him. he will always live under the shadows of dwight howard.

Toxeryll
07-17-2009, 04:29 PM

while i agree that the raptors doesnt match up to magic, i can see the raptors whooping the bulls nxt season

mikey743
07-17-2009, 04:48 PM
I think that'd be a nice defensive frontcourt for sure. If he shows that he can produce in big minutes, he at least should get good minutes alongside Dwight in a twin-towers kind of thing.

Anderson fits the scheme perfectly also, so he should get a look.

Bass is the frontrunner though probably.
this is my feeling exactly ,gortat and howard can be like twin giants side by side ..gortat shot over 50 percent and was great when filling if for howard..he deserves to compete with bass

Sportfan
07-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Bass will be their PF

Westbrook36
07-17-2009, 05:10 PM
The Magic have a great chance to be better then last season because they added Bass along with Vince Carter. The thing is that they can still run lineups with Pietrus at SG and Bass on the bench.

Times in the game:
PG - Nelson
SG - Pietrus
SF - VC
PF - Rashard Lewis (Matchup Problems)
C - Dwight Howard

Starting:
PG - Nelson
SG - VC
SF - Lewis
PF - Bass
C - Dwight Howard

Either way they are a hard team to beat. Bass adds alot to this team and what type of different matchups they can make and formations.

KB24PG16
07-17-2009, 05:11 PM
gortat is too slow to be pf

cr00zi3
07-17-2009, 05:20 PM
I think they should just keep as is. Unless they see somethin in brandon bass that we dont see then i wouldint mind the change.

SB75
07-17-2009, 05:34 PM
I don't think Gortrat has enough foot speed.

MPScribbles
07-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Why not Gortat at center and Howard at power forward? That makes far more sense than Gortat at forward. Either way, I don't think it would be good. Howard doesn't need Gortat in the lane bringing more defenders his way. It seems to work best for Lewis to be on the perimeter and make teams pay for double teaming. If they doubled off Gortat, Howard passes out of it to Gortat and the offense has to completely reset. Those two should barely see the court at the same time.