PDA

View Full Version : Heat acquire carlos boozer for Udonis Haslem?

kswissdaf
07-17-2009, 10:12 AM
http://twitter.com/HOOPSWORLD

Hoopsworld seems likes its always right i put the question because its not official

Mile High Champ
07-17-2009, 10:14 AM
hoopsworld is an awful, most of the stuff they publish is blogging crap and unreliable sources. I would not hold your breath if hoopsworld is your source..

kswissdaf
07-17-2009, 10:17 AM
I remember it predicated the Shaq and marion trade like 2 months before it happened . That was amazing

Bucsfan
07-17-2009, 10:25 AM
I dont think anything has happened yet, it would be all over espn and i receive texts from the jazz whenever somethign happens, i usually get the texts before i even see it on espn, and i havent gotten anything

marlinsfan24
07-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Close this, hasn't been confirmed and twitter has been a ***** this off-season

jimbobjarree
07-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Beyond that, the Heat has not entered talks about possibly acquiring forward Carlos Boozer from the Jazz, but is monitoring that situation, with no expectation of a quick resolution by the Jazz.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-riley-s071709,0,6028353.story

todays paper in florida, and with Utah a further 2 hours behind I highly doubt they've woken up and arranged a trade all in time for brunch at 10am

cvburg
07-17-2009, 10:32 AM
bucs fan...can u get texts from all team news and does it cost anything and where do i get them?

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 10:32 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-riley-s071709,0,6028353.story

todays paper in florida, and with Utah a further 2 hours behind I highly doubt they've woken up and arranged a trade all in time for brunch at 10am

Im not saying it's true that the trade went down, but that was printed last night at like 7 or 8 pacific time. I read it because I was checking on the Odom situation.

marlinsfan24
07-17-2009, 10:34 AM
This is from bleacher report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/219346-miami-heat-near-completing-blockbuster-trade-for-jazz-f-carlos-boozer

jimbobjarree
07-17-2009, 10:35 AM
bucs fan...can u get texts from all team news and does it cost anything and where do i get them?

I'm sure they'd be available from your teams website

Raidaz4Life
07-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Maybe its just me but..... How is that trade NOT completely one sided???

futureman
07-17-2009, 10:44 AM
We want an all star or a potential all star for boozer. **** like haslem isn't worth the cap relief. Until miami can offer the only player any intellegent person would take for an all star with an expiring contract, they can piss off. I would rather pay the LT and keep boozer than just give him away like that and I'm sure the jazz would also despite what the lying mass media says.

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I have a question for Jazz fans. If the team is taking back contracts to save money, why don't they try and win this year with Boozer and let him walk? Isn't that the same thing they would do with the players they get from the trade?

kswissdaf
07-17-2009, 10:48 AM
We want an all star or a potential all star for boozer. **** like haslem isn't worth the cap relief. Until miami can offer the only player any intellegent person would take for an all star with an expiring contract, they can piss off. I would rather pay the LT and keep boozer than just give him away like that and I'm sure the jazz would also despite what the lying mass media says.

Hmmm would you personally pay the luxury tax

Wilson
07-17-2009, 10:55 AM

It's about the money. I don't know what Haslem earns, but it must be significantly less than Boozer.

I can understand that you'd want a potential or established all-star for Boozer, but Haslem is not ****. He's one of the finest role players/bench guys in the league. That's exactly what you're looking for at PF, since Millsap figures to be the main guy there...

S-Dot
07-17-2009, 10:57 AM
I have a question for Jazz fans. If the team is taking back contracts to save money, why don't they try and win this year with Boozer and let him walk? Isn't that the same thing they would do with the players they get from the trade?

im not a jazz fan but i think the answer to this question is Chemistry. If you know he's going to leave, you might as well give Millsap the starting role, and get the best possible deal you can for carlos. they will win because deron is their PG regardless.

Mase37
07-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Udonis is garbage and looks like he doesnt even try. boo

Lo Porto
07-17-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm a huge Jazz fan, and I'm okay with this trade if we get Haslem, a first round pick and the maximum cash allowed ($3 million). Miami will have to worry about what it takes to get OKC, Memphis or another team involved to make it work financially. Some other team will have to take Wright or Jones.

I want more and maybe even Beasley, but I have to be realistic. We aren't getting an All Star or future all star for one year of Boozer. Haslem is a very solid player who is a Sloan type guy. We need a PF who will hustle and play D. He can get the job done while Millsap adapts to being a full time starter. The first rounder will be in the 20's, but that pick could be used to help facilitate another trade where we dump AK.

I doubt Utah can find another trade out there where we save over $5 million in salaries AND get a player who would be a big asset for one year (I'd rather have Haslem than Tyrus by the way).

BALLER71
07-17-2009, 11:07 AM

It's not a talent for talent trade. Utah is desperate for Cap. And don't sleep on UH. Sloane likes guys who play tough defense.

Gibby23
07-17-2009, 11:08 AM

That is one thing that he does really well. He never takes a play off.

Wilson
07-17-2009, 11:16 AM

What?! If I've missed something over the last couple of months/years, I need the Heat fans to enlighten me, but whenever I see Udonis play, he's hustling more than anyone else on the team. That's how he got into the NBA after spending some time in Europe. He plays good defense as well.

king4day
07-17-2009, 11:19 AM
I thought the rule was not to post threads based on Twitter?

slaker619
07-17-2009, 11:19 AM
U Fail The Worst Soure Ever Seriously Twitter Common

RaysFan
07-17-2009, 11:27 AM
God this would be a horrible deal. Miami and LA get All-Star PF's in their prime gift-wrapped to them.

x_notorious
07-17-2009, 11:28 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9988262&postcount=4

ink
07-17-2009, 11:42 AM
hoopsworld is an awful, most of the stuff they publish is blogging crap and unreliable sources. I would not hold your breath if hoopsworld is your source..

Yeah, a combination of Hoopsworld and Twitter?? Worst possible sources.