http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kjawz6
plus a 1st rd pick
OR
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mvbyjl
plus a 1st rd pick

or what would u want for okefor

DerekRE_3
07-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Both trades leave us extremely weak at Center. And I doubt the Bobcats trade Gerald Wallace and take on Rips long contract.

masalex1205
07-17-2009, 12:14 PM
No way, you're going to have to take on much less talent if you're trying to move Rip's contract in this economy. Something like Muhammed, Radmanovich, DJ for Rip

Chateamsfan
07-17-2009, 02:43 PM
no way, you're going to have to take on much less talent if you're trying to move rip's contract in this economy. Something like muhammed, radmanovich, dj for rip

sure it makes sense. After all we got bell and henderson at sg. Nice thinking! Dumbass

masalex1205
07-17-2009, 03:59 PM
sure it makes sense. After all we got bell and henderson at sg. Nice thinking! Dumbass

It takes a big man to call someone whom they disagree with a name over the internet…

I've found that name calling is a result of a fallacy in one's logic. Instead of having to offer reason to support one's view, it is a tendency used to cover up the perpetrator’s own insecurities, irrationalities, immaturity, and in some cases, laziness.

I didn’t join this site to be called names, I came to debate the Charlotte Bobcats and the NBA in general so that’s what Im going to do.

Here is my reasoning for wanting to trade Muhammed, Radmanovich, and Augustine for Richard Hamilton. Obviously the money doesn’t match up perfectly but you could tweek it easily. First of all we get out of the logjam we have by finally finding a taker for Nazr. Finding a suitor for Nazr is no easy task, just ask the Charlotte FO who tried to do it all season long. We would then move Bell who would be very valuable to a contender at the trade deadline, most probably on his reputation as being a "Kobe stopper." I really think that we could get a player like Carl Landry to fill our backup PF position for Bell. Regardless we could fill a need or receive a draft choice as compensation. Hamilton can replace the veteran presence that Bell brings. In addition Bell is a free agent after this year and at the age of 33, probably isn’t in our long term plans unless its for cheap. This leaves us with only Gerald Henderson after next season, a player who didn’t score a single point in his first summer league game. I believe in Henderson and think he has the potential to be a good player but at this point it is nothing more than potential. We probably won’t have our draft pick next season (I have high expectations) so we would be stuck with choosing a SG with a 2nd rounder or obtaining a starting SG with the MLE and increasing our payroll even more. Obviously the flip side of this is the size and length of Hamilton’s contract.

Vlad’s departure leaves a hole behind Gerald Wallace. Brown, who has been playing well in the summer league, could provide depth at SF. However, I would not feel comfortable putting such a burden on a rookie especially considering Crash’s injury history. Luckily, SFs are a dime a dozen and by far the easiest position to find in the NBA. Getting a backup Sf is probably the easiest task a NBA GM could ever undertake. We also wouldn’t have the point guard depth that we had prior to these transactions but I don’t believe a backup pg would be the hardest thing in the world to find. Maybe try to snag Alston from NJ. Brevin Knight is a free agent. Bottom line is we could pick up a back up pg.

So here is my lineup:

PG: Felton/Jefferson
SG: Hamilton/Henderson
SF: Wallace/FA/Brown/Ajincas
PF: Diaw/Landry/Ajincas
C: Okafor/Diop/Ajincas

mark1125
07-17-2009, 06:37 PM
It takes a big man to call someone whom they disagree with a name over the internetÖI've found that name calling is a result of a fallacy in one's logic. Instead of having to offer reason to support one's view, it is a tendency used to cover up the perpetratorís own insecurities, irrationalities, immaturity, and in some cases, laziness.

I didnít join this site to be called names, I came to debate the Charlotte Bobcats and the NBA in general so thatís what Im going to do.

Here is my reasoning for wanting to trade Muhammed, Radmanovich, and Augustine for Richard Hamilton. Obviously the money doesnít match up perfectly but you could tweek it easily. First of all we get out of the logjam we have by finally finding a taker for Nazr. Finding a suitor for Nazr is no easy task, just ask the Charlotte FO who tried to do it all season long. We would then move Bell who would be very valuable to a contender at the trade deadline, most probably on his reputation as being a "Kobe stopper." I really think that we could get a player like Carl Landry to fill our backup PF position for Bell. Regardless we could fill a need or receive a draft choice as compensation. Hamilton can replace the veteran presence that Bell brings. In addition Bell is a free agent after this year and at the age of 33, probably isnít in our long term plans unless its for cheap. This leaves us with only Gerald Henderson after next season, a player who didnít score a single point in his first summer league game. I believe in Henderson and think he has the potential to be a good player but at this point it is nothing more than potential. We probably wonít have our draft pick next season (I have high expectations) so we would be stuck with choosing a SG with a 2nd rounder or obtaining a starting SG with the MLE and increasing our payroll even more. Obviously the flip side of this is the size and length of Hamiltonís contract.

Vladís departure leaves a hole behind Gerald Wallace. Brown, who has been playing well in the summer league, could provide depth at SF. However, I would not feel comfortable putting such a burden on a rookie especially considering Crashís injury history. Luckily, SFs are a dime a dozen and by far the easiest position to find in the NBA. Getting a backup Sf is probably the easiest task a NBA GM could ever undertake. We also wouldnít have the point guard depth that we had prior to these transactions but I donít believe a backup pg would be the hardest thing in the world to find. Maybe try to snag Alston from NJ. Brevin Knight is a free agent. Bottom line is we could pick up a back up pg.

So here is my lineup:

Don't take it too personally. They are on every forum. You know.....the kid in his moms basement who plays internet tough guy and tries to give the impression they have a clue. They have nothing of value to contribute, so they insult. Just ignore them.

jerry3
07-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Here is my reasoning for wanting to trade Muhammed, Radmanovich, and Augustine for Richard Hamilton.

Your trade is terrible. I'm a Piston's fan and a picky one.

Mohammed - too old and not good enough for what I am looking for, not interested

Rad - Not interested as well, he does not meet my criteria of being a stud rebounder and his shooting percent sucks, I wouldnt want him on my team

Augustine - I guess he's ok, I really hate taking on short guards, but anyhow he would be nothing much more than a small throw in.

I'd rather dump Hamilton for a 2020 2nd round pick and just have the money savings to do something else with. We need star players by consolidating our bodies to a smaller number of high quality players, or a good center. Your trade is far worse than the other proposal which is much closer to a fair trade.

Chateamsfan
07-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Don't take it too personally. They are on every forum. You know.....the kid in his moms basement who plays internet tough guy and tries to give the impression they have a clue. They have nothing of value to contribute, so they insult. Just ignore them.
I dont live in basement. I have my own room. Im only 16.

It takes a big man to call someone whom they disagree with a name over the internetÖ

I've found that name calling is a result of a fallacy in one's logic. Instead of having to offer reason to support one's view, it is a tendency used to cover up the perpetratorís own insecurities, irrationalities, immaturity, and in some cases, laziness.

I didnít join this site to be called names, I came to debate the Charlotte Bobcats and the NBA in general so thatís what Im going to do.

Here is my reasoning for wanting to trade Muhammed, Radmanovich, and Augustine for Richard Hamilton. Obviously the money doesnít match up perfectly but you could tweek it easily. First of all we get out of the logjam we have by finally finding a taker for Nazr. Finding a suitor for Nazr is no easy task, just ask the Charlotte FO who tried to do it all season long. We would then move Bell who would be very valuable to a contender at the trade deadline, most probably on his reputation as being a "Kobe stopper." I really think that we could get a player like Carl Landry to fill our backup PF position for Bell. Regardless we could fill a need or receive a draft choice as compensation. Hamilton can replace the veteran presence that Bell brings. In addition Bell is a free agent after this year and at the age of 33, probably isnít in our long term plans unless its for cheap. This leaves us with only Gerald Henderson after next season, a player who didnít score a single point in his first summer league game. I believe in Henderson and think he has the potential to be a good player but at this point it is nothing more than potential. We probably wonít have our draft pick next season (I have high expectations) so we would be stuck with choosing a SG with a 2nd rounder or obtaining a starting SG with the MLE and increasing our payroll even more. Obviously the flip side of this is the size and length of Hamiltonís contract.

Vladís departure leaves a hole behind Gerald Wallace. Brown, who has been playing well in the summer league, could provide depth at SF. However, I would not feel comfortable putting such a burden on a rookie especially considering Crashís injury history. Luckily, SFs are a dime a dozen and by far the easiest position to find in the NBA. Getting a backup Sf is probably the easiest task a NBA GM could ever undertake. We also wouldnít have the point guard depth that we had prior to these transactions but I donít believe a backup pg would be the hardest thing in the world to find. Maybe try to snag Alston from NJ. Brevin Knight is a free agent. Bottom line is we could pick up a back up pg.

So here is my lineup:

Im really sorry for snapping dude I am it's just that Unless you plan on trading Bell this wont work.

homestarunner93
07-19-2009, 11:44 PM

Mohammed - too old and not good enough for what I am looking for, not interested

Rad - Not interested as well, he does not meet my criteria of being a stud rebounder and his shooting percent sucks, I wouldnt want him on my team

Augustine - I guess he's ok, I really hate taking on short guards, but anyhow he would be nothing much more than a small throw in.

I'd rather dump Hamilton for a 2020 2nd round pick and just have the money savings to do something else with. We need star players by consolidating our bodies to a smaller number of high quality players, or a good center. Your trade is far worse than the other proposal which is much closer to a fair trade.

Oh come on now. Augustin is a throw in? I'm guessing you didn't watch too much basketball. He was a top 10 draft pick and played pretty well last year. That's a joke.

masalex1205
07-20-2009, 10:34 AM

I know it isn't an ideal trade for Detroit but I really think that yall are going to have a hard time moving that large of a contract for a player of that age. You could an awesome shooter in DJ who can play next to Stuckey or come off the bench for a scoring punch. Also you get another decent big guy in Nazr (yall need at least one more big and ideally more). Vlad can hit the three. The two big contracts end years before Rip's do. DJ is on his rookie contract.

You are not going to find someone who will take such a cap space as to give up a 2nd rounder for Rip.

As far as the first two suggested trades, there is no way that Charlotte would give all this up. We might as well giftwrap it and throw in a bow.

I dont live in basement. I have my own room. Im only 16.

Im really sorry for snapping dude I am it's just that Unless you plan on trading Bell this wont work.

I overreacted. Bad day at work and I took it out on you. No worries, let's talk about the Bobcats.

Chateamsfan
07-20-2009, 11:23 AM
I know it isn't an ideal trade for Detroit but I really think that yall are going to have a hard time moving that large of a contract for a player of that age. You could an awesome shooter in DJ who can play next to Stuckey or come off the bench for a scoring punch. Also you get another decent big guy in Nazr (yall need at least one more big and ideally more). Vlad can hit the three. The two big contracts end years before Rip's do. DJ is on his rookie contract.

You are not going to find someone who will take such a cap space as to give up a 2nd rounder for Rip.

As far as the first two suggested trades, there is no way that Charlotte would give all this up. We might as well giftwrap it and throw in a bow.

I overreacted. Bad day at work and I took it out on you. No worries, let's talk about the Bobcats.

Its cool how old are you and where do you work just curious?

masalex1205
07-20-2009, 11:43 AM
23. Im currently employed at a law firm and will be starting my legal education in the fall.

Chateamsfan
07-20-2009, 12:11 PM
23. Im currently employed at a law firm and will be starting my legal education in the fall.

Thats cool.

Lo Porto
07-20-2009, 12:42 PM
You guys make nice a whole lot better than guys on other team's forums. I'm not being a smartass either.

IndyFan
07-20-2009, 02:28 PM
You guys make nice a whole lot better than guys on other team's forums. I'm not being a smartass either.

i was just about to say the same thing. kudos to both of you

:clap:

StaffordtoCJ
07-24-2009, 11:48 PM
I read all these trade ideas....of all the trades the one of Hamilton for Augustine, Vlad, and Mohammed is the closest to working. Augustine is better than just okay I bet the Pistons would accept that trade in a heart beat. THe pistons wouldn't take Mohammed though.

The other two trades don't make to much sense...it would cripple the Bobcats down low and would take our best offensive player.

and I would love to get rid of Mohammed for anything but nobody wants him and hes just gonna be a big expensive 3rd string big man...sucks for us