PDA

View Full Version : The Hawks Mini-camp (our version of a summer league)

jwn0303
07-16-2009, 03:40 PM
The roster includes some pretty big college names:

Dionte Christmas (this kid will surprise some people, may even make the team)
Sundiata Gaines
Shawn Taggart
John Lucas III
Chris Taft

Jeff Teague and the other two draftees will also be there.

Linkage (http://hawks.portspaces.com/post/hawksbasketblog/hawks_to_host_2009_minicamp_at_philips_arena.html)

ugadawgsfan17
07-16-2009, 09:07 PM
I wish we had a summer league team, but this is pretty cool. I remember Gaines at UGA, he plays hard all the time. I'm also interested in seeing Christmas play

NutRush
07-16-2009, 10:14 PM
The roster includes some pretty big college names:

Dionte Christman (this kid will surprise some people, may even make the team)
Sundiata Gaines
Shawn Taggart
John Lucas III
Chris Taft

Jeff Teague and the other two draftees will also be there.

Linkage (http://hawks.portspaces.com/post/hawksbasketblog/hawks_to_host_2009_minicamp_at_philips_arena.html)

Just wait and see how surprised you are when you find out his name is Dionte CHRISTMAS. Bomb 3 point shooter out of Temple though. Surprised he went undrafted.

jwn0303
07-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah. I know him very well. I went the copy and paste route. I followed him throughout college. One of my favorites. He's a scorer, not just a shooter as you suggest though.

SB75
07-17-2009, 02:07 PM
I would rather have seen these kids in SL action.

NutRush
07-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Yeah. I know him very well. I went the copy and paste route. I followed him throughout college. One of my favorites. He's a scorer, not just a shooter as you suggest though.

I mean, the fact that half his points vs. A-10 opponents came off the 3-ball pretty much means he projects to be a bomber in the NBA if he can make a squad. He doesn't have the moves or the quickness to drive the lane effectively in the NBA. Good news is: he can hit from way deep, off the dribble and with a man in his face. Also, right after "Christman" you did write (this kid will surprise some people, may even make the team), so you had to have seen it. You didn't cut and paste that, so I don't know. It's okay if you just got his name wrong. Now you know and it's a pretty bomb name at that. I definitely would not mind seeing this kid coming off the bench in blowouts and lighting it up once in a while.

jwn0303
07-18-2009, 03:08 PM
I mean, the fact that half his points vs. A-10 opponents came off the 3-ball pretty much means he projects to be a bomber in the NBA if he can make a squad. He doesn't have the moves or the quickness to drive the lane effectively in the NBA. Good news is: he can hit from way deep, off the dribble and with a man in his face. Also, right after "Christman" you did write (this kid will surprise some people, may even make the team), so you had to have seen it. You didn't cut and paste that, so I don't know. It's okay if you just got his name wrong. Now you know and it's a pretty bomb name at that. I definitely would not mind seeing this kid coming off the bench in blowouts and lighting it up once in a while.

Yes, I cut and pasted all of the names. Then I decided towards the end of my post to go back and add a little something about Christmas because he was one of my favorite players in college a year ago. And I'd like for you to post a reference on the stat you just spewed out there as well. He does have the quickness to be a solid role player in the NBA imo.