PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Ramon Sessions have a job?

thekmp211
07-16-2009, 03:23 PM
If I were the Knicks, I'd be foaming at the mouth over this guy. Could be a cheap solution for long-term starting pg. I like Chris Duhon but let's be serious.

Hellcrooner
07-16-2009, 03:25 PM
economy and 2010 fa loooming

ManRam
07-16-2009, 03:28 PM
I love Sessions' game. It's a bummer that most teams aren't looking to spend at all this off-season. A lot of people are getting screwed big time. A terrible year to be a free agent. Terrible.

He could help a lot of teams...for sure.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-16-2009, 03:43 PM
It's hard to deal with a RFA.

You have to offer a big enough contract that will scare the team that owns their rights not to match but not too big that it will haunt you if it doesn't work.

No teams probably want to offer a lot because of this recession but not to small that it will be matched.

thekmp211
07-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Agreed. It's just not that often a young, veteran pg with true passing skills comes along on the market. I think it's pretty clear that a decently sized offer would be too much for Milwaukee to afford, especially after they dumped Charlie and RJ. And drafted Jennings. I'm pretty sure they're ready to move on. God damn economy.

Ansy
07-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Restricted free agency needs to be fixed. Teams should have like 3 days to match, not 7. The time frame makes teams too scared to make offers and these players are getting screwed.

Sportfan
07-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Agreed. It's just not that often a young, veteran pg with true passing skills comes along on the market. I think it's pretty clear that a decently sized offer would be too much for Milwaukee to afford, especially after they dumped Charlie and RJ. And drafted Jennings. I'm pretty sure they're ready to move on. God damn economy.

:eyebrow:

bleedprple&gold
07-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Restricted free agency needs to be fixed. Teams should have like 3 days to match, not 7. The time frame makes teams too scared to make offers and these players are getting screwed.

Does a team have to wait 7 days. If they know they want to match, can't they just do it right away?

RyderRyfle
07-16-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm sure being a restricted FA has something to do with it.

Trouble87
07-16-2009, 04:34 PM
It's hard to deal with a RFA.

You have to offer a big enough contract that will scare the team that owns their rights not to match but not too big that it will haunt you if it doesn't work.

No teams probably want to offer a lot because of this recession but not to small that it will be matched.

^ perfect answer

BlinkManJan02
07-16-2009, 04:47 PM
i hope he remains with the bucks, him and jennings look like they could be great together.

NYYCowboys
07-16-2009, 05:03 PM
If I were Walsh I would at least try and sign him, and if the Bucks match ok whatever we tried and we could go after someone next year maybe. Like someone said above its not too often a 23 year old PG is on the market with his upside and passing ability, so I think the Knicks should definitely offer him a contract and see where it takes us.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-16-2009, 05:08 PM
There's also really no point of offering a contract you know the team wil match because you are pretty much helping them.

Teams might offer him 2 mil but it only helps the Bucks because they save money.

xwashableclothx
07-16-2009, 05:28 PM
i think everyone knows the Bucks will match, even with Jennings, Bucks can match anything up to the MLE and no1 is going to give him more than the MLE so he will be in Milwaukee

dre1990
07-16-2009, 05:42 PM
If im the heat I try to get him, Him and Mario could do great things

what54!?
07-16-2009, 05:44 PM
If im the heat I try to get him, Him and Mario could do great thingsyeah except we're trying to get odom right now though.....

BkOriginalOne
07-16-2009, 05:47 PM
I agree. He should be getting someting full mid level offers like crazy. At least for 3 years, so he has bird rights. It would only cost about 5 mil for the year, thats not bad.
Teams that should be interested....
1. Spurs. I really really think he could thrive here. He's perfect for their system. Yeah I know, not going to happen, their already loaded; but so what!

2. Knicks. Could start for D'antoni. Maybe they should pull off a Duhon Sessions Swap. Seems to make sense for both teams, especially if the knicks sweeten the pot (dumping salary). The bucks are so thin anyway, they might jump at the chance to find cheap easy talent.

3. Sixers. Their looking for a guard, why not Sessions. He can play uptempo offense and would thrive running the show for the most athletic team in the NBA. Seems to make sense. Sign and trade for Andre Miller? OR sign Sessions flat out, and then Sign and Trade Miller.

4. Miami. True they need more scorers, I would argue that they also need a more productive and efficient offense. Sessions could take some of the ball pressure on Wade, perhaps get production from the under acheiving Beasley?

5. Blazers. He would be a huge upgrade for their one. He would come at a cheaper price than Hinrich, and would either make them deep or give them trade pieces with guys like Steve Blake and Bayless. Might make it easier to acquire the starting 3 they need so badly.

cowboyz180
07-16-2009, 06:08 PM
probably b/c hes a rfa

goose15
07-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Knicks should be going after Sessions - If they wanted Kidd or Miller should have gone after them years ago not now!!

jdricks
07-16-2009, 06:20 PM
He would be a great fit for the heat and of they get odom and boozer they become even scarier. He is a really good point guard and deserves a job. I think someone should offer him and just see what happens.

Young2Kinsler
07-16-2009, 09:22 PM
He would be a great PG for Kidd to groom, would love to see him here. I wonder if Dallas offered the whole MLE if the Bucks would match, probably.

td0tsfinest
07-16-2009, 09:39 PM
better question, why i don't i got a job? cause the damn economy is too ****ed up for people to keep stable jobs.

bosh_dwill
07-16-2009, 10:10 PM
if he wants some1 to over pay him why doesnt he just go to the knicks they overpay every1

RocketsFan4Life
07-16-2009, 10:10 PM
i would want him but rockets already have 2 good pgs

HOZ THE KNICK
07-16-2009, 10:13 PM
he will fit good over here.

Public Enemy #1
07-17-2009, 04:27 AM
He has to be the most underrated guy in the free agent market right now. He is only 21 and had some great games against powerhouse teams. He could be the next great point guard. I would want him on the Warriors but they already have so many guards and I see him staying with the Bucks. He has a bright future ahead of him.