PDA

View Full Version : Portland working on a 3 Way Deal to get Tayshaun Prince

JordansBulls
07-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-odomboozer071509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Portland is still trying to pry Tayshaun Prince out of Detroit in a three-way deal with Utah, but Pistons president Joe Dumars hasnít shown an inclination to move Prince and extend Boozerís contract, league sources say. Several league executives are dubious of Boozer as a $14 million-a-year player, which his agent, Rob Pelinka, has told teams it will take to sign him to an extension. Miami could be the suitor willing to pay it.

IBleedPurple
07-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Hope the Blazers mess this one up as well. They already have plenty of talent to be dangerous, and I don't want a division or conference rival getting any better

JayW_1023
07-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Man that would be huge....Prince would fit right in McMillans game plan.

S-Dot
07-16-2009, 01:53 PM
prince is what they need in a starting SF...are they ever going to trade outlaw?

daleja424
07-16-2009, 01:54 PM
you highlight one sentence when the next one says...and the pistons arent interested... a little misleading dont u think...

Hellcrooner
07-16-2009, 01:59 PM
im ok with this as long rudy fernandez is heading to utah

Wilson
07-16-2009, 01:59 PM
you highlight one sentence when the next one says...and the pistons arent interested... a little misleading dont u think...

Things can change, although this one does seem unlikely.

That's good for the Lakers. It's a nightmare to play against Tayshaun Prince when your team is built around a guard...

what54!?
07-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Miami will be very interested

mark1125
07-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Don't see it going down as the Pistons would probably only take Boozer if it meant dealing RIP.

jimbobjarree
07-16-2009, 02:40 PM
....or screw Portland and just do Boozer for Prince straight up...ohh yeah, that was rejected

userfoundnot
07-16-2009, 02:59 PM
I hope this trade doesn't happen because Portland is a young team with plenty of talent, now they are just getting better, but on the other hand Portland can take down the Lakers and with a guy like Tayshaun Prince they have a better chance of beating the Lakers consistently. Now, I'm a Mavericks fan and the Mavs can beat Portland consistently, so Mavs > Portland > Lakers Win Win situation for us :D, so this trade is alright.

futureman
07-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Like jimbob has stated. The jazz aren't in dire straits with boozers contract. They have no debt they need to pay and can easily pay the luxury tax by dipping into their credit line. It won't kill them to pay the tax for 1 season and they said they are not taking any garbage offers for boozer. Quit listening to the mainstream media because they make it sound like the jazz will be out of buisness if they don't trade boozer for cap relief.

Ansy
07-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Every time Portland makes a phone call this summer, it winds up reported on some website. Of course they inquired about Prince. Pritchard wouldn't be worth his salt if he hadn't made a call to see if it could happen. It's obvious that Dumars considers Prince young enough to be a big part of their rebuilding process and it isn't going to happen. How is this news?

MaHaRaJaH
07-16-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm shocked with Portland's luck with the FA's, I would join that team in a heartbeat.

IversonIsKrazy
07-16-2009, 03:20 PM
It would make Portland pretty amazing, but not going to happen. Detroit got Charlie-V, they don't want Boozer, they dont want 2 post players that cant defend. I dont c this trade going down w/ the Pistons disinterest in Boozer.

levignjw
07-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Simply won't happen. The only way Boozer comes to Detroit if it's a deal including Rip for Boozer.

Now if the Blazers were willing to give up some of their pieces for Prince I'd be willing to listen. I would rather Dumars stay away from Boozer.

JWO35
07-16-2009, 03:26 PM
I want someone from the Blazers as well, like Travis Outlaw...But we need to move Hamilton for a Center, before we make any trades that can come back and bite us

Lo Porto
07-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Boozer is better than Villanueva (CV) right now. CV can play SF some and PF some. Prince is the SF, but they just drafted 2 SF's. Daye has looked great and he's the next Prince. Prince also makes over $11 next year. So why not improve PF with Boozer and clear $11 million for summer 2010?

It's not whether Detroit or Portland does it, it's whether or not Utah gets enough out of the deal. Two first round picks and a ton of cap space might do it, but I'm sure Utah would like one of those young pieces from Portland (Bayless, Webster, etc.).

bahama0811
07-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Is there anyone that Portland isn't trying to get?

JordansBulls
07-16-2009, 06:47 PM

At least they are trying.

mark1125
07-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Boozer is better than Villanueva (CV) right now. CV can play SF some and PF some. Prince is the SF, but they just drafted 2 SF's. Daye has looked great and he's the next Prince. Prince also makes over $11 next year. So why not improve PF with Boozer and clear $11 million for summer 2010?

It's not whether Detroit or Portland does it, it's whether or not Utah gets enough out of the deal. Two first round picks and a ton of cap space might do it, but I'm sure Utah would like one of those young pieces from Portland (Bayless, Webster, etc.).

:cricket:

RocketsFan4Life
07-16-2009, 09:16 PM
it would indeed make Portland a team that is already good on paper better

aussiepiston
07-16-2009, 09:46 PM
If the Pistons already turned down Prince for Boozer straight up, what the hell else is being thrown in to sweeten this deal? (As much as i think Boozer would help the Pistons, i'm almost resigned to the lottery being our best help)

Trouble87
07-16-2009, 09:57 PM
wont happen

dangrant75
07-16-2009, 10:31 PM
If Detroit turned down Boozer for Prince, then Joe D is dumber than I thought

PhillyBoomerang
07-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Keeping a good eye on Boozer he will go somewhere..

SiteWolf
07-16-2009, 11:07 PM

Ever play chess?
Poker?

It's not just about the play you make...it's also about the play your opponent THINKS you'll make

MajorFloridaFan
07-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Portland has a lot of young talent to trade and it makes alot of sense to trade for a sf sense they were trying to get hedo

Public Enemy #1
07-17-2009, 04:17 AM
Prince would be a great addition to the Blazers but I don't see this deal getting done. The Pistons want to compete next year and need to sell tickets. Prince is a glue type player, he hold the team together and upright. I think he will be a focal point in the system for the Pistons. I don't see this deal getting done. I don't know why the Blazers aren't going after Odom....

driz
07-17-2009, 08:52 AM
I wish he would slide CV to the 3 and bring in Booze for the 4. Now suddenly gives us a big time down low scoring option (with the 5 still being a ?) with a great shooter to swing it back out to. Not going to happen though, Joe D has his rocks hard for Tayshaun - and if I remember correctly Boozer basically shot down coming to Detroit when he didn't opt out and sign here. I don't really see Joe being the type of GM who would bring someone here who doesn't want to be. I think we tried that and failed with AI.

Now if we could squeak Oden from them for Tayshaun...now we're filling our NEED and also rolling the dice on a chance at a future star Center.

stealth33
07-17-2009, 09:04 AM
This is why Kevin Pritchard is an amazing GM though. He's got talent to trade, sure...but the guy is a model for what more gm's should try to do. The guy is just active. You get involved enough and good things happen. It's really apparent when he's drafting(he never seems to give up on drafts and always is pulling deals) but now it's showing this offseason with activity in trades/FA's .Not that all gm's aren't active but this guy is everywhere it seems.

futureman
07-17-2009, 10:56 AM
It seems like Yahoo can't even make up a good rumor where the jazz at least get something decent out of this. I would want Portland and Detroits 1st round picks for the next 5 years and then this might be fair.

Wilson
07-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Portland has a lot of young talent to trade and it makes alot of sense to trade for a sf sense they were trying to get hedo

Hedo's awesome, but I think Tayshaun would have been a much better fit for Portland. It keeps the ball in Brandon Roy's hands, and gives them a guy to make Kobe Bryant's, Deron Williams', Carmelo Anthony's, Chris Paul's & Jason Kidd's life miserable...