PDA

View Full Version : Where do the new Dallas Mavericks place?

userfoundnot
07-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Okay, we know we haven't gotten a good center yet, but suppose we got a good center such as Kaman or picked up Odom.
Now where do the Mavericks place?
Now, this is how we're going to do it, the Lakers are still the team to be in the West.
And in the East Boston/Cleveland/Orlando are all tied for the top.
After Lakers its for you guys to classify who's best in the west, and after the big 3 in the East your turn again.

ldawg
07-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Okay, we know we haven't gotten a good center yet, but suppose we got a good center such as Kaman or picked up Odom.
Now where do the Mavericks place?
Now, this is how we're going to do it, the Lakers are still the team to be in the West.
And in the East Boston/Cleveland/Orlando are all tied for the top.
After Lakers its for you guys to classify who's best in the west, and after the big 3 in the East your turn again.

Odom and Dirk on the same team, how is that a good team? Who plays center? who will play defence? kaman would be a better fit by far. Dallas will be on the level of Denver not Spurs or Lakers if Odom resigns.

Young2Kinsler
07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Odom is nice to think about, and I'd like him on Dallas, but the fit isn't perfect nor would it happen. Dallas adding Marion is a huge step, they still have moves to make this offseason.

AntiG
07-16-2009, 09:19 AM
4th in the west after LA, SA and Denver.

nycericanguy
07-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Odom is nice to think about, and I'd like him on Dallas, but the fit isn't perfect nor would it happen. Dallas adding Marion is a huge step, they still have moves to make this offseason.

Marion is 31 and they gave him something like 40 million for 5 years? thats a horrible deal IMO and they will be regretting it in a couple of years. they also give a 37 yr old Kidd 25 million? They offered Gortat $34 million!

Marion will help them this season, but with the losses of Bass, George, and Wright, and Kidd 1 year older i would say right now they are not as good as last season.

It seems like Cuban is panicking and just throwing out huge contracts to try to make one last run but i dont see it. Kaman would be a good pickup for them though and i'm sure they could get him for Howard.

Sportfan
07-16-2009, 10:33 AM
If they get Kaman 2nd

thedfactor
07-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Right now they are 4th best. Lakers, Spurs, and Nuggets all should be better, but without Odom LA definitely drops a bit into the bunch.

S-Dot
07-16-2009, 10:44 AM
4th or 5th in west

jsumadchat
07-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Marion is 31 and they gave him something like 40 million for 5 years? thats a horrible deal IMO and they will be regretting it in a couple of years. they also give a 37 yr old Kidd 25 million? They offered Gortat $34 million!

Marion will help them this season, but with the losses of Bass, George, and Wright, and Kidd 1 year older i would say right now they are not as good as last season.

It seems like Cuban is panicking and just throwing out huge contracts to try to make one last run but i dont see it. Kaman would be a good pickup for them though and i'm sure they could get him for Howard.

i COMPLETELY agree. too bad the only option there doesnt exactly justify this point.

Wilson
07-16-2009, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't be entirely suprised if they won the championship this year. If they get a big, mean, defensive minded center though, I'd feel much more comfortable saying that.

userfoundnot
07-16-2009, 03:31 PM
4th in the west after LA, SA and Denver.

With the team right now I think the Mavericks can get second place in Western Conference. Because if we can't beat Lakers, we can beat SA, its like a thing that happens, but sometimes you don't understand for example (Portland, Charlotte, etc. beat the Lakers), and I think now we can beat Denver. But if we picked up a good center, and Odom doesn't resign with the Lakers and goes to Miami, I think we have a big chance to go first in Western Conference, I can't call Finals till I see how all these big teams work out. All these teams seem a little bit too stacked with talent (i.e. Orlando, whom my money is on first to choke)

Lone Maverick
07-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Definitely better than last year. 4th in the west safely maybe even 3rd.

championships
07-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Sorry but they will end up fighting for a playoff spot at the end of the season. Then end up 7th maybe 6th

JWO35
07-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Worse Than any of the options above.

IversonIsKrazy
07-16-2009, 03:50 PM
They will be fighting for the 3rd seed along with Denver and Portland.

thedfactor
07-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Dallas needs a center to start whom other teams will respect somewhat. When that happens the Mavs will be a tough team. But as long as Dampier is our starter, we just won't go the distance.

J_M_B
07-16-2009, 04:21 PM
#3 or #4 in the West.

Top Teams in the West
1.Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Nuggets
4.Mavs
5.Blazers

Dirk4theW1n
07-16-2009, 04:23 PM

George did nothing and Wright was ok at best